Joes appear in live action movie [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Joes appear in live action movie

Wade Collins
10-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Sorry if the subject threw ya for a loop. I was just watching a movie called The Cure. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but there are several scenes with late '80s/early '90s Joes in 'em. The end of the movie will be kind of a downer to some people so if you're overly sensitive to children with medical problems watch at your own risk.

I just thought it was awesome that the RAH we know and love was featured in this flick!

YELSEW
10-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Are there other films with the Joe toys in them?

Rotty
10-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Are there other films with the Joe toys in them?

There's the Robin Williams film "Toys". In the scene with the General in a toy store, there's an aisle with late '80s GI Joe toys stacked to the rafters. Numerous Tiger Force vehicles in their boxes, for example.

Corredor X
10-17-2005, 08:43 PM
I remember a movie called The Boy Who Could Fly (or something like that, in portuguese the title is O Garoto que Podia Voar) where there was a kid who played all the time with the early 80's Joes. Lots of classic vehicles and figures - the ones who were "killed" in battle were buried in the garden/backyard inside little USA flags, and there was a touching scene with strong rain where he starts digging all around, searching for them.

The brazilian users might remember a TV series called "No Mundo da Lua" (Lucas Silva e Silva, lembram? Passa até hoje na Cultura :)) where the boy always had a Skystriker and the first HISS Tank in his bedroom. Like all the late 80's kids, he had to have Comandos em Ação... The only picture I've found (veeeery small) shows almost nothing: the plane's place is behind the flag and you can only see 1% of (what I supose to be) the tank behind the pillow, on the left side of screen - it's where it used to be on many episodes:(

http://www.cultura.tv.br/tvcultura/programas/fotos/mundodalua-oprimeirodaclase.jpg

I'll try to get a better picture later...

kaishostudios
10-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Haggard, Bam Margera's (Jackass, Viva La Bam, cky skate-videos) first full-length movie. There are two scenes with Joes in them, both involving Brandon DiCamillo.

DiCo has a train set with Joes all around, commanding them to do this and that, that and this. Figures get blown up, set on fire, run over by the train. Eventually there is an explosion and figures are ruined. For some reason, he has a French accent and is dresed like a director from the 20's.

A little later (for no reason what-so-ever) there is a quick bit involving Sci-Fi and the Fridge. You will never look at those two figures the same. Never.

Funny stuff. I'll look around for some clips to share.

For a real chuckle, look for DiCo's Skeletor/Beastman song/video.

Wade Collins
10-17-2005, 11:42 PM
For a real chuckle, look for DiCo's Skeletor/Beastman song/video.

Thanks all for the heads ups (is that a real phrase?). Also put a mature watchers warning on that CKY music video (Skeletor/Beastman ). Sure is funny as heck though.

Colin

kaishostudios
10-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I should have added that to begin with. Being old, I forget to mention things like that :)

For anyone with a weak heart, at work, still in (or getting ready to enter) high school-do NOT listen to (or watch) the Skeletor/Beastman clip. While VERY funny, the language is not even close to being all-ages approprate.

Actually, that goes for the Sci-Fi/Fridge bit. Great stuff from Dico but if you are offended by foul language and-um, "tickleish" situations, please do not view the clip.

Propadeutic
10-18-2005, 08:58 AM
There are three Joe figures in the awful movie "Class of Nuke 'Em High 2." (Truly unwatchable; I turned it off after about 15 minutes.) Near the beginning, the giant radioactive squirrel steps on some "soldiers"--freeze frame reveals the stand-ins to be Night Force Repeater, Night Force Charbroil, and apparently Downtown.

More Joe movie appearances were mentioned in this thread last year:
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?p=26263

Wade Collins
10-19-2005, 01:01 AM
There are three Joe figures in the awful movie "Class of Nuke 'Em High 2." (Truly unwatchable; I turned it off after about 15 minutes.) Near the beginning, the giant radioactive squirrel steps on some "soldiers"--freeze frame reveals the stand-ins to be Night Force Repeater, Night Force Charbroil, and apparently Downtown.
More Joe movie appearances were mentioned in this thread last year:
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?p=26263

Cool. I figured there was a thread like that around here somewhere. I've seen quite a few of those movies too. Funny but I either missed the Joe appearances or forgot about them in most of those.

Obiwanjacoby
10-19-2005, 02:36 PM
The list (from both threads) really need to go in the archives. Sure, most movies were "low budget". But we're getting substantial numbers of titles here where the Joes are displayed prominently on both movies and TV.

-PJ

karpenter
10-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Christian Slater had a Sgt. Slaughter figure on his broadcast board in the movie "Pump up the Volume" - I think it was the Slaughter's Marauders version.

Bigtattoo
10-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Youre got to include "Big" in the list as well. When Tom Hanks gets out of bed he nearly steps on a Mamba. That made the movie for me.(I was 12). That and the giant piano.