never seen this road pig before... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : never seen this road pig before...

leungkongtong
10-23-2005, 06:25 PM
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6007817654

I never seen this road pig before, please let me know more...Thx.

The Faceless Master
10-23-2005, 06:30 PM
before Hasbro cancelled the GIJoe line in 1995
there was a proposed lineup of Ninja Commandos
SEEN HERE (http://www.yojoe.com/archive/unproduced/ninjacom.shtml)
The five Ninja Commandos were going to be-
# Budo
# Stormshadow
# Road Pig
# Flint
# Knock-Out

leungkongtong
10-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah!!! Thank you so much!!!

Bravo
10-23-2005, 08:16 PM
We've still never gotten any version of Knock-Out the forgotten Cobra (?).

thorn
10-23-2005, 09:05 PM
that ebay store is insane! protos to no end.

code red shockwave
10-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Some of the figures have familar parts...Knock-Out looks like he has Banzai's head, Flint looks like he has Big Boa's torso with Laser-Viper v1's head, and Road Pig you can just repaint.

dockingbay97
10-24-2005, 12:20 PM
I am not suprised to see this one outed. We'll see how much it goes for. My guess is $$$

This I Command!
10-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Not suprised to see this one outed

ditto I probably have no hope for it now, shame cause I really really wanted it. Maybe if he's one of those fake proto guys though he'll have like another 40 of them on there over the coming weeks-that would be nice.

dockingbay97
10-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Well, the rumors persist that this wave made it to manufacture (in a very small run) and that there are cases out there that some collector is stock piling. It is a bit of an urban myth for Joe collecting but I know enough super collectors that believe it.

Patrick A. Riley
10-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Many of the body parts were used in the Mortal Kombat movie edition line

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/actfig/mortalkombat.shtml

Road Pig = Liu Kang (w/ original Road Pig head modified neck)
Flint = Rayden (NOT Big Boa)
entire Budo = Shang Tsung

This I Command!
10-24-2005, 12:39 PM
This has actually been a little project of mine for a while to make my own set. I've got all the parts except:

Flint's head (Which Alyosha made a cast of a long time ago but I can't seem to convince to make another, anyone else have one?)
Roadpigs Legs
and all of Knock Out

By the way it doesn't have an original Roadpig head, because the neck joint is modifiied. You can see when you split the Lui Kang torso in half.

EDIT: The Road Pig on there right now is definietly one of these "Mystery" (fake, stolen, home made, etc.) figures because for one thing it is the only vintage proto he has on there. For two the torso skin color is off if compared to any photo available of the production figure.

leungkongtong
10-24-2005, 07:05 PM
This has actually been a little project of mine for a while to make my own set. I've got all the parts except:

Flint's head (Which Alyosha made a cast of a long time ago but I can't seem to convince to make another, anyone else have one?)
Roadpigs Legs
and all of Knock Out

By the way it doesn't have an original Roadpig head, because the neck joint is modifiied. You can see when you split the Lui Kang torso in half.

EDIT: The Road Pig on there right now is definietly one of these "Mystery" (fake, stolen, home made, etc.) figures because for one thing it is the only vintage proto he has on there. For two the torso skin color is off if compared to any photo available of the production figure.

Very interesting!!! But how can this guy made this figure by himself(or stole from Hasbro)??? :confused: :confused:

This I Command!
10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Very interesting!!! But how can this guy made this figure by himself(or stole from Hasbro)??? :confused: :confused:

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=30482&highlight=prototype
read through this thread, a lot of different possibilites about how so many protos make it to ebay were discussed, it may answer some of your questions.

MikePrime
10-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Meh, I know I risk getting an explanation about people collecting what they like, but that set of figures is far too ugly to be worth anything.

toy-nutz
10-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Hey maybe the Ninja Commandos will be the next DTC 6 pack??? Alot of people keep asking for Battle Rangers and these guys! As someone else said, the guy has a bunch of newer figures, nothing old. Or maybe when Brian Savage at the Joe club found them and tested them and this seller got ahold of a few. Which may be the true case here. Brian has said many times they find molds and they are not "labeled" and they do a quick test to see what the figure is. This may be the case with this.

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All Hail DOB!!

This I Command!
10-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Hey maybe the Ninja Commandos will be the next DTC 6 pack??? Alot of people keep asking for Battle Rangers and these guys! As someone else said, the guy has a bunch of newer figures, nothing old. Or maybe when Brian Savage at the Joe club found them and tested them and this seller got ahold of a few. Which may be the true case here. Brian has said many times they find molds and they are not "labeled" and they do a quick test to see what the figure is. This may be the case with this.

Although I sincerely doubt that is the case...if it is I would LOVE it. Even though I've already spent quite a bit of money towards putting together my own set it would be really nice to finally see them get a proper release in some kind of box set.

starrcommand
10-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Actually he has several of the molds from 2000. So it is completely likely that he got his hands on this one from 95. Who knows maybe the factory had a box of the dang things lying around. JMHO

keg_daddy
10-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Wasn't there just a thread about 'outing' auctions?! ESPECIALLY poorly titled auctions at that. I'm not interested in buying it but I'm sure a few people are a little upset about it...

This I Command!
10-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Wasn't there just a thread about 'outing' auctions?! ESPECIALLY poorly titled auctions at that. I'm not interested in buying it but I'm sure a few people are a little upset about it...

yeah you probably could have included me in that list of people but the guy who outed was a newbie so I'm trying to not get too nuts over it. If it stays within a sane ammount I'll consider going for it although something tells me it won't with the ammount of views this thread has had.

leungkongtong
10-25-2005, 01:56 AM
Hey, I found a joe and just want to discuss with, you know not many forums for joes in Japan. I am a novice joes collector even this site and forum...if you guys don't like me, I will not write anymore threads.

This I Command!
10-25-2005, 02:30 AM
Hey, I found a joe and just want to discuss with, you know not many forums for joes in Japan. I am a novice joes collector even this site and forum...if you guys don't like me, I will not write anymore threads.

no one said they don't like you. We just have a rule we try and stick by here where if you find something on ebay you don't talk about it until its over that way incase someone here wants to buy it, it doesn't go for more money. Its not a big deal, we were all new at one point. ;)

antybots
10-25-2005, 02:45 AM
I can see why those figures were cancelled. The're not exactly Hasbro's finest work. Is there really a big demand for these figures to be produced?

This I Command!
10-25-2005, 02:53 AM
I can see why those figures were cancelled. The're not exactly Hasbro's finest work. Is there really a big demand for these figures to be produced?

I think similar to the Manimals that all the hype of them being some of the last unreleased figures from the original run makes people want them, but as was seen once the Manimals were released that it was pretty much all just the lure of them being unreleased becuase as soon as they hit shelves they tanked, something tells me these would do the same but I'd still like to see them released regardless. I know I'd at least buy a couple of sets.

code red shockwave
10-25-2005, 08:58 AM
I think the cheapest way anyone will ever get their hands on these is to do two things:

Get the Mortal Kombat Shang-Tsung using Budo's mold(that way you get at least one of them) and customize the best you can each of the other figures(I already mentioned a few of the parts).

ogre_h
10-25-2005, 01:46 PM
I just picked up that Shang-Tsu/Budo on Ebay in a big Mortal Kombat lot. The version without the painted shin guards. Its a cool figure, but its got that damn action attack most of the MK figures are plagued with.
If you really want to find them on ebay, they aren't always in the GI Joe sections, and people spell "KOMBAT" wrong. They can also be mis-identified as Street Fighter figures.
I personally really like the movie version clear blue Sub-zero. Its a very nice figure for an action attack fig.

thorn
10-26-2005, 03:58 PM
hey guys i orderded the viper proto from that seller , asked him about how he gets them etc, sorta interesting, not many details.

anyway he should be posting here sooner or later.

Stampede
10-26-2005, 04:15 PM
You know, maybe I am just out of the loop here...

But two things that I would never ever have thought of putting together, namely: Road Pig + Ninja Commandos.

The Faceless Master
10-26-2005, 05:49 PM
You know, maybe I am just out of the loop here...

But two things that I would never ever have thought of putting together, namely: Road Pig + Ninja Commandos.
I hear ya
Me personally, cant imagine Flint doing an axe-kick, let alone a judo chop

leungkongtong
11-01-2005, 11:43 AM
crazy...250 now!!! I don't think it worth 250!!!

This I Command!
11-01-2005, 01:00 PM

I totally saw it coming, especially with how many views this thread has. Hopefully the buyer will be an extremely kind individual who will be willing to make some castings for the rest of us poor folk.

leungkongtong
11-01-2005, 01:40 PM
I totally saw it coming, especially with how many views this thread has. Hopefully the buyer will be an extremely kind individual who will be willing to make some castings for the rest of us poor folk.

I should not posted the link, it is my fault.

Patrick A. Riley
11-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Don't blame yourself. The link "outing" thing is nonsense. This was a properly titled auction which was bid on by people who usually bid on items like this that sell for high amounts. No one could have "gotten a steal" on this. It would not have sold for any less, link or no link

leungkongtong
11-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Don't blame yourself. The link "outing" thing is nonsense. This was a properly titled auction which was bid on by people who usually bid on items like this that sell for high amounts. No one could have "gotten a steal" on this. It would not have sold for any less, link or no link

I feel better now, thanks. What is "outing" & "gotten a steal"? I am a Japanese, not good at english. And I visited your web too, I am interested in "bagged set - Zartan/morphing Zartan/Hawk 3-pack $69.99", will you ship to Japan? Do I have 20% off discount?

Patrick A. Riley
11-01-2005, 03:35 PM
I feel better now, thanks. What is "outing" & "gotten a steal"? I am a Japanese, not good at english. And I visited your web too, I am interested in "bagged set - Zartan/morphing Zartan/Hawk 3-pack $69.99", will you ship to Japan? Do I have 20% off discount?
'Outing' means posting a link to an auction before the auction has ended

'Getting a steal' means purchasing an item for a lower than expected price

I will send you a Private Message you about the Zartan/Hawk pack

dreadnokbob
11-02-2005, 01:28 AM
I just won the Road Pig Ninja Commando prototype that had been talked about on this site for $252.00.I received a message from a member saying i got a great deal. This and a few other figures(Under Cover Jinx mint in package, C8 Manleh) is the most i've paid for a figure. I value the opion of this site and have been a lurker for years. I have every figure made in the US from 1982 to present except a variant or two and close to a hundred of the foriegn figures. I just want any of your opions. Thanx

leungkongtong
11-02-2005, 04:45 AM
I just won the Road Pig Ninja Commando prototype that had been talked about on this site for $252.00.I received a message from a member saying i got a great deal. This and a few other figures(Under Cover Jinx mint in package, C8 Manleh) is the most i've paid for a figure. I value the opion of this site and have been a lurker for years. I have every figure made in the US from 1982 to present except a variant or two and close to a hundred of the foriegn figures. I just want any of your opions. Thanx

I don't know much about prototype, but I think US252 for a figure is some kind of crazy...until I saw this set of 5 Ninja Commandos...US7499.99...I got shocked...
http://www.brianstoys.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=166071&cat=1627&page=1
In my own opinion, the Road Pig is cool!

The Lord of Steel
11-02-2005, 05:59 AM
What I don't understand is that many collectors go crazy when they see auctions from that sohappyfish guy. But when a prototype, non-official released item etc. is sold by an internet seller or somebody outside china or hong kong it's all perfect.

Where's the line?

leungkongtong
11-02-2005, 06:22 AM
What I don't understand is that many collectors go crazy when they see auctions from that sohappyfish guy. But when a prototype, non-official released item etc. is sold by an internet seller or somebody outside china or hong kong it's all perfect.

Where's the line?

What is the meaning of "sohappyfish guy"? Do you suggest us to buy prototype other than the seller from china and hong kong? I want to collect prototype too, but I am just a student and no money...:D :D :D

This I Command!
11-02-2005, 09:04 AM

you want my opinion?

I'll give you two!
1.) I am EXTREMELY jealous! I watched that auction hourly for 10 days straight and then saw it fly out of my potential grasp

2.) I would give practically anything for you to make me a cast of his legs and waist piece. If you have any idea how to do this or know someone who does let me know, cause I could make you copies of other unreleased prototypes in trade.

KrymsynGardImmoral
11-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Congratulations, DreadnokBob. I am still steaming my bid didn't make it through...Who do you know at Ebay that caused the server to crash 4 minutes before the end of the auction:)?

This I Command!
11-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Congratulations, DreadnokBob. I am still steaming my bid didn't make it through...Who do you know at Ebay that caused the server to crash 4 minutes before the end of the auction:)?

I noticed that myself, I remember thinking I'm kind of glad I already know I don't have a shot at it now cause if I did I would have been soooo mad my bid didn't go through. :D

dreadnokbob
11-03-2005, 12:51 AM
I'm going to take to a friend and see if he knows how to cast the parts to this figure or maybe talk to Alyosha to see if he knows someone trust worthy.I would love to be able to do this just concerned if it might damage the figure. I would be willing to trade if other members have casted parts of other unreleased figures.My feeling is i would like to make some of the unproduced figures from 1995 since Hasbro will never release them any ways.Once i find out from my friend if he can cast parts off of this figure i'll be sure to let you know and happy to share.

This I Command!
11-03-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm going to take to a friend and see if he knows how to cast the parts to this figure or maybe talk to Alyosha to see if he knows someone trust worthy.I would love to be able to do this just concerned if it might damage the figure. I would be willing to trade if other members have casted parts of other unreleased figures.My feeling is i would like to make some of the unproduced figures from 1995 since Hasbro will never release them any ways.Once i find out from my friend if he can cast parts off of this figure i'll be sure to let you know and happy to share.

you may be my new best friend :) , I know of myself and a couple of other people that have several 95 figures and I'm sure we would all be more than willing to help you out. For me personally I only need Road Pig's legs and Knock Out to have a complete set of Ninja Commandos so that figure is a pretty big deal to me.

About casting: The way that road pig is assemebled you can't take his torso apart without prying it open which is really dangerous to something you spent that kind of money on...this complicates things though because then you aren't able to remove both his legs since the o-ring will get stuck inside him if you do. So the way I would go about doing this is...with very light pressure stretch his legs down and only unscrew one of them, take it apart. Cast those three pieces (the two thigh, one foot...by the way the feet are the same so you should only have to cast this once). Now while one leg is still removed. Make a cast of the waist piece. This way you will get one clean side with no leg in it, (which is the best you can do cause you can't take the other leg or torso off) after you have a casting of the waist piece you can have someone good with a dremel/touch up sculpting remove the excess parts of the cast left from the leg and torso which should leave you with just the waist piece. After you've successfully gotten good casts off one whole leg, and the waist, you can put the leg back on the figure. Then you can take the other one off so that there is always something preventing the o-ring from sucking in to the torso. With the other leg you should only have to make casts of the two thigh halves since the foot is the same as the other.

As far as the torso, head, and arms. The torso and arms of this figure are identical to the Mortal Kombat the Movie version of Lui Kang. Which is sort of a rare figure in its own right, now I have the torso already successfully split in half, so castings can be made off of it. The arms, I don't really think are worth casting as the rivets are exceptionally difficult to duplicate. Finally the head is an area of question for me because it is the same head sculpt as Road Pig v1/v2 something strange about the NC one though is that its neck only turns left and right (or at least thats how Lui Kang's is) which means that there was some modifying done to the neck joint. Now I also have a modified one I did myself we could do casts off which will accomodate that issue but I don't think there is anyway to cast it off the real one without breaking the figure.

So when it gets down to it you really only need to cast, the crotch, one whole leg, and a thigh. I'm not great at making casts but I do know how. I am really good though at doing touch up work to the initial casts to get them back to the original look (removing excess, getting limbs to match up, etc.) Anyways I've went through this process a whole bunch of time with lots of different figures so if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll help you out with whatever I can.

code red shockwave
11-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Once you cast these figures, are you planning on selling some of the parts/figures themselves?

ssushop
11-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Oh, the winner of roadpig is here too. Honestly, I don't want to sell it at that price, and some buyers complain can't place a bid before it ended. Anyway, you will love it.

ssushop
11-04-2005, 10:42 AM
ditto I probably have no hope for it now, shame cause I really really wanted it. Maybe if he's one of those fake proto guys though he'll have like another 40 of them on there over the coming weeks-that would be nice.

It is 100% authentic, and the winner will know once it arrived. It is nonsense to produce a fake proto since the cost is very very high. I have one more roadpig, not another 40. It is for my own collection...but will sell it at US2000, anyone are interested in it??? Haha.

ssushop
11-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Actually he has several of the molds from 2000. So it is completely likely that he got his hands on this one from 95. Who knows maybe the factory had a box of the dang things lying around. JMHO

The "he" is me??? I will make many many valueable protos but not those US9.99 BIN...please think about it.

ssushop
11-04-2005, 10:49 AM

It is not crazy, my price for it is 600, at least.