S6 - Hands on experience only [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : S6 - Hands on experience only

CGC
10-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Looking for honest reviews of the toys. If you'd say they suck, & you'd never waste money on... , then the odds are, you haven't bought any & don't have any personal, hands-on experience to base your opinions on, so bash all you'd like, but on a different thread.

On the other hand, if you've bought one, two, or everything, if you've played with them yourself, if you have kids, neices, nephews, neighboor kids, whatever, who you've seen playing with them, what do you think? How is the play value? are people being taken with the $15 price tag, or is the extra articulation & more detailed accs making them worth the price?

Good, bad, or ugly. Personal reviews or first hand opinions of how kids are playing with them, how does it look?

Taichiro
10-26-2005, 11:06 PM
They're pretty good.....

I have Storm Shadow, and the accs. are very durable (they have a lot of give, these things are not gonna break unless you're TRYING to break 'em) the figures hold a pose (I've posed SS one one foot, in a high kick, and he held the pose without toppling for 8 hours), the figures are just fun to play with......

if you put one in someone's hand, they will NOT put it down, seriously......I currently have my Storm Shadow battling a Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Sephiroth.....so far the fight is a draw........

viperlord
10-27-2005, 12:47 AM
I also bought a Storm Shadow. Have you ever held a 12" Joe? That's essentially what Sigma Six is, just a little smaller. I can't really say he's a lot of fun, as he's awfully large to play with very much. I ended up giving him to my nephew, and he's currently at the bottom of the toybox. He hasn't been played with for weeks.

Save the $15 and get 3 DTC Joes.

MikePrime
10-27-2005, 01:09 AM
I've never bought one, but I also have nothing bad to say about them either. It's a shame that such nice figures have to go with such a lousy cartoon.

Taichiro
10-27-2005, 01:44 AM
and it's a shame that this thread isn't immune to naysayers

MikePrime
10-27-2005, 01:47 AM
and it's a shame that this thread isn't immune to naysayers

This thread is about the toys, and there is nothing bad that I can say about them.

Taichiro
10-27-2005, 01:52 AM
and yet you took it as an opportunity to bash the toon, when nobody yet had mentioned it, and gave you no reason to, other than to inject your bias......

MikePrime
10-27-2005, 02:07 AM
and yet you took it as an opportunity to bash the toon, when nobody yet had mentioned it, and gave you no reason to, other than to inject your bias......

Yeah, so, the cartoon is lousy and the toys are good. The toon just makes them, "tragic figures". Get it?

CGC
10-27-2005, 09:43 AM
Anyway, back to the toys...

TheReverend
10-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Hmmmmmmm....yeah

Um...let me try to steer this back on topic...

I've played around with a couple that my friends kids have.

And they are really quite fun. As said above they seem pretty durable (my Buddies kids are little tyrants – and they haven't been able to wreck them....yet)

They hold poses quite well, have great articulation. I personally like the stylized design, of the figures, a lot.

The accessories are awesome, the figures seem to have an abundance of them, which seems to add loads to the play value.

My friend has no problem paying the $15 a wack because his “kids really seem to enjoy them” -He is also a 3 ¾ Joe collector, who assumes that by buying these for the rugrats it will keep them out of his prized collection.;)

Every time I go over there I pretty much have to wrestle the figures away from the kids (So I can play with them:D).So I guess they are enjoyed and worth the money, to that family at least.

After playing with them, I'm sure at some point in time, I'll have to pick at least one or two.

KtownJoes
10-27-2005, 10:03 AM
I have the set of figures. I have them all open and posed in my office. I really like the way they look, pose, and the accessories. The weapons may be a bit large, but that is part of what makes them toys.

PS. Heavy Duty's mini-gun is a cool piece.

mizak23
10-27-2005, 10:16 AM
I bought the Snake Eyes myself. I like it, I think it is a generally cool toy, with all the accessories, and cool features. I actuallly like the stylization of the toys too, and the package turns into a weapons locker it genius, imo. I hope that kids take to them, but I'm not gonna collect them generally. I may pick up some others down the road, but I still have a whole lotta 3 3/4 joes to get yet.

NewKid
10-27-2005, 10:45 AM
I generally only collect 3 3/4" from 82 to 88. However I was in a pharmacy that sold them the other day and picked up the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. They are designed and built well. I don't think I will ever buy anymore but the two I have look damn good at my office towering over a desk covered with architectural drawings.:cool: