Took the Funskool plunge... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Took the Funskool plunge...

thoughtcrime
10-28-2005, 07:48 AM
I just ordered a Funskool Night Viper from Smalljoes (among other things). I've been hearing about them forever and finally got around to getting one. There were more FS figures I wanted, but I thought I'd test the waters with this one and if I like it, go get more before they vanish. Anyone have any thoughts on these they care to share?

MARSagent
10-28-2005, 08:28 AM
They are my favorite funskool figure. Hands down.

Stampede
10-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Awesome figures, I try order at least one every month.

I was also very pleased with the FS Toxo-Vipers.

The Faceless Master
10-28-2005, 09:55 AM
FS Crimson Immortals are my favorite of all Funskool figs

you should also try getting a couple of the Street Hawks as well!!

TheReverend
10-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Crimson Immortals & Night Vipers both! Love them. I have loads of both those guys.

I also have a bunch of other FS figures, just because I like some of the funky varients...They are also great for custom fodder.

Cold Slither
10-28-2005, 12:48 PM
FS has its purposes. NV is my fav followed by CGI. Some accessories are the same as the US releases (croc master's always missing breather hose for example). Their paint masks are jenky, however. There FANGs are identical except for the stickers as far as I can tell. Check out wild weasel too, he comes with an awesome parachute with cobra symbols all over it.

Taichiro
10-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Funskools have their purpose (as stated before)

now that I have an ORIGINAL US Night Viper, I'll fill out my squads with FS ones, to save money......

and yeah, when it comes to replacing some HTF accs. Funskool is the way to go.......

This I Command!
10-28-2005, 08:10 PM
and yeah, when it comes to replacing some HTF accs. Funskool is the way to go.......

For sure...like that recalled Roadblock gun

82to87Joes
10-29-2005, 01:48 PM
ive noticed that the FS swivel arm joints dont want to swivel. i broke a scrap iron arm right in half trying to swivel the arm and the CGIs i had were the same way

Ron Conner - Treasures 'N Toys
11-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I enjoy the various color variations that Funskool offers. Some collectors are are strict about the exact colors a certain character should wear. But I like the fact that Beach Head and others looks a little different.

God Bless and Yo Joe,
Ron Conner
G.I. Joe Book Author @ http://www.backinthedaytoys.com/bitdt.htm
G.I. Joe Toy Dealer @ http://www.treasuresntoys.com/gijoe334.htm
G.I. Joe Fan Site Webmaster @ http://www.treasuresntoys.com/webcamp.htm

Xerofall
11-09-2005, 12:45 PM
I have the Funskool Ripper and he's quite good. I've also gotten the Scrap-iron, Airtight and Zartan figures.

By far Ripper is the best, his joints are tight, Scrap-Iron was great too, Airtight's neck was loose so when I put his hose on, he was always looking down. The Zartan doesn't have the painted areas around his eyes, so he looks kinda funny...

The one thing I noticed was the softer plastic. Their thumbs will never break like the original ones but it can be a hastle trying to get them to hold their weapons.

I'm also not a fan of the different colors, but Ripper, Scrap Iron, Airtight and a few others are the original color so it's all good.

Barbeque and Tripwire on the other hand... :p :eek:

But you can't beat the price.

CGC
11-09-2005, 12:51 PM
snip...

I'm also not a fan of the different colors, but Ripper, Scrap Iron, Airtight and a few others are the original color so it's all good.

...snip

Well, sometimes (http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/ind-ripper2.shtml). ;)

Xerofall
11-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Haha, yeah... I don't have the purple shirt Ripper, the one I have is kinda greenish.

But you get my point.

ttfndude
11-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Man, I thought the Zartan was horrid, be careful with this one. He doesn't come close. I have others that are pretty cool though. I bought that street hawk with the black TARGAT figure, this is sweet if you don't have one pick one up, if for nothing else but the figure. The cutter they had was good. It seems they work hard on the body part of the sculpts but they slack on the face paints. The heads seem incomplete a lot. I bought their vehicles, the vehicles are great except...the stickers are this bad paper stuff that doesn't really stick. I have had a lot of trouble with the Bomb Disposal Unit and the Bomb one like this one. Anyways, prices are decent and they do make it easy to army build or to buy for customization.

ttfndude

Taichiro
11-10-2005, 12:34 AM
Okay, for someone like myself, who wants to buy some for parts....

how good are they?, for example....I want the Storm Shadow, for the accessories......will they be sufficient?, this is for my personal collection.....so they don't have to be SPOT ON, but close enough.....

Xerofall
11-10-2005, 04:21 PM
You should be fine, they are a great way to get lost weapons and accessories.

You can also use them to replace broken arms, thumbs, legs and crotches.

Taichiro
11-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Cool, I'll definitely need a few......

prolly gonna order Storm Shadow, Beach Head, Croc Master, Night Viper, and Quick Kick for various parts and weapons.....

Edit: Crud, Croc Master is sold out at smalljoes.....

thoughtcrime
11-10-2005, 07:35 PM
My package hasnt arrived yet so I cant share my thoughts on the NV just yet. If I like it, I'm thinking about going back for some more troops and maybe a Scrap Iron for the rocket launcher.