Rock N Roll figures [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Rock N Roll figures

ttfndude
10-28-2005, 11:21 PM
I have to of these one has the 1982 mark while the other has 82-83 mark also the bullets around his chest are in two different colors. Thanks

[email protected]

ttfndude

The Faceless Master
10-29-2005, 12:05 AM
did you have a question about the R&R figs?
are you asking if they are possible variants?

ttfndude
10-29-2005, 12:10 AM
my bad yeah I wasn't sure if it was a variant a re-release or from a different country. Thanks

ttfndude

The Faceless Master
10-29-2005, 12:27 AM
ahh, lemme move this over to the Variants section
maybe one of the experts can answer your question about that

Shogi
10-29-2005, 10:17 AM
the 82 mark should be a straight arm RnR and the 82-83 should be a swivel arm version, I don't know about the bullets though. What are the colors of the bullets?

Taichiro
10-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Interesting....

I've renewed my interest in this character, after seeing his new-sculpt in the comic packs....and if there's a variant to be found, it'd be neat!

so, what's the deal with the bullets?

ttfndude
10-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Niether have straight arms. The bullets on the 82 are painted gold or bullet color including holders. On the 82-83 the bullet tips and bottoms are gold but not the "straps" lso on the 82 the elbow joint is connested one way while on the other they are connected the other. Thanks

ttfndude

Goofateer
10-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Niether have straight arms. The bullets on the 82 are painted gold or bullet color including holders. On the 82-83 the bullet tips and bottoms are gold but not the "straps"

ttfndude
From the way you are describing it, it sounds to me like you have paint wear on one of them. The straps are the highest part of the gold painted area, and therefore is the first to wear off. Also when gold, or any metallic paint was used on any of the early figures it was notorious for wearing off.
For any other assessment a picture will be needed.
As for the waists being different, does the '82 have a thicker belt. and a blockier look to it? It most likely does. If that is the case, and it doesn't have straight arms, then some one switched out the waist piece.

lso on the 82 the elbow joint is connested one way while on the other they are connected the other. Thanks

ttfndude

I'm not sure what you mean about the arms being attached differently? It sounds like you mean that one of them is attached with the joints reversed in some way. After over 20 years of collecting G.I. Joe figures, I've never seen or heard of such a thing.
If you are saying that the joints are simply different, then that's true. One should be a straight arm, while the other is a swivel arm.

AVAC
10-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Yes, pictures would be very helpful. My guess is paint wear as well but you never know.

ttfndude
10-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Unless you send me an e-mail address I have no way of sending pics, I am not sure how to add them to this forum from my computer. Anyways, paintwear should have thought of that and the waste is a bit blockier on one and is connected with an H looking buckle. The arms the one is riveeted from the wrong side so the "rivet" is facing out. Niether has straight arms I have plenty of those types and these are both swivel arms. thanks for all the info guys.

ttfndude