Night Striker & Killer Whale Color Help!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Night Striker & Killer Whale Color Help!!

roboticplanet
10-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Are the propellars & sled for Killer Whale and Night Striker the same color?

I've had many Killer Whale propellars and all of them are a dark, slate gray color. I've heard of green hued fans and black ones. At least one of my sources must be wrong if I'm being told of 3 colors.

If they are different, can anyone provide side-by-side pictures?

Soundwave Viper
10-29-2005, 06:23 PM
The Propellers are different.... The night Striker's are Black , and the Whale's Green..... and bascilly the same for the sleds

Druss
11-03-2005, 05:54 AM
The Night Striker I have has a more of a slate grey propeller while all of the Whale Propellers I have seen are Green.

roboticplanet
11-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Does anyone have pictures???

I pulled out my propellars, which are identical to all the ones I've had over the past 7 years or so. I've only seen the gray ones and have always known them to go with the Whale despite hearing of green ones existing.

Here's pictures of mine along with a couple clearly green pieces from the Whale: http://www.roboticplanet.com/whalemystery/

Here's an idea: I've noticed how the original green '82 helmets become discolored to all kinds of different shades, including some that look almost gray, but still have an undeniable green hue. Could this be happening with Whale propellars too?

Does anyone have a black (not just a dark gray) propellar in their posession? Anyone?

Shogi
11-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Like I said I got two on me that both look gray but one definately has a slight green tinge to it

samluvsjoes
11-07-2005, 06:15 PM
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/88/nightstriker/nightstriker_left.shtml
If you look there, the propellors are definitely black for the Night Striker. I have only ever seen green WHALE propellors, two of which I have owned and the third a friend of mine owned. I can try to take pictures of mine tonight if I remember.
Sam

Net-Viper X
11-07-2005, 06:20 PM
I went and checked my Whales. I have one that I bought from store as a kid, one I got from hasbro mail order, and a Night Force version I got from Toys r Us. The Mail order version and the Night whale both have close to identicle color of dark grey. The original I have has greenish grey props (not the same color green as the vehicles hull). None of mine have black. The black one might be from the tiger force Water Moccassin, it has a black prop, and the size is close.

UPDATE: I removed my props and compared them side by side. After this It appears they are all the same color. The original appeared greenish because it had a bigger layer of dust than the others, it doenst look greenish setting next to the other props.

They all have a slight ting of green in the right light, but they are primarily grey and all 3 versions are the same color.