GI JOE Sigma 6 "Is It Any Good?" [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : GI JOE Sigma 6 "Is It Any Good?"

IrishLuck
11-02-2005, 12:59 PM
I haven't watched it yet. Does anyone know if it's any good? I thought Spy Troops and Valor Vs Venom were decent.

Obiwanjacoby
11-02-2005, 05:15 PM
#1. You'll have to like stock imported (formula-based) Japanese anime that is "homoginized" for the US market. That's key. Major characters are sometimes forced to fit a stock anime-character-mold that's necessary to fit the formula.

If you're not into this, then I guarantee Sigma Six won't be to your taste.

#2. It's really-really good. . .as long as there isn't a robot dog peeing on anything or kids outperforming the Joes. That's S6's biggest weakness, IMO. And hopefully, we won't see any more of that in future eps.

In my opinion, the ep. with the first appearance of Spirit was the best so far. Baroness makes the transition to anime very well. ;)

-PJ

IrishLuck
11-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Why does everything have to be anime? I'm starting to hate anime.

Obiwanjacoby
11-02-2005, 06:11 PM
It's super-cheap to produce. So cheap in fact, that all we have to do (in the US) is hire an editor and a few voice actors.

But you can't blame Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh for this.

Blame Voltron, Starblazers, and G-force. My generation is all at fault here. ;)

-PJ

IrishLuck
11-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey, I was born in 1980. And I remember watching Voltron. But that was it. That was the only anime show I watched.

Obiwanjacoby
11-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Heh, I loved Voltron. And dollars-to-donuts, it cost far less to produce in the US than the Sunbow GIJoe series. ;)

-PJ

MikePrime
11-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Sigma 6 is not very good, but I would still rather watch that than Spy Troops and Valor vs. Venom. CGI humans are just plain wrong, not mention Beachhead turning into Michelangelo from TMNT.

yo-man2
11-05-2005, 10:34 PM
it's no sunbow cartoon.......but it is better than dic's gijoe by a whole lot

ttfndude
11-06-2005, 01:09 PM
I have tried and tried again, but I can't get into it. I think it's horrid, I really hate the voice of tunnelrat and the over use of technology

ttfndude

fireflys_apprentice
11-09-2005, 12:49 PM
the worst part was having snake eyes need armor to beat stormshadow,snake was always better,he never needed gimics to win,thats why fans loved him,

ttfndude
11-09-2005, 11:20 PM
ok this is an overlapping type comment/question. If the cartoon is set for the younger kids, 6 - 10 or whatever, why are the figs the way they are. Here we go, kid sees cartoon likes it wants to buy a figure, parents say not for that price but the kid gets one for x-mas or b-day. He opens it and it has cool acc. but is not very playable, not like say a five inch figure. Collects dust kid decides against getting more as do parents stops watching cartoons since can't have relatable figs. So what are they doing? The figs are not player friendly(checked it with nephews, niece, and daughter)and the show is not collector friendly. They want us to buy their DTC but have no corresponding cartoon because they are not mainstream. I am so confused, why didn't they keep their smaller line and develop a good kid cartoon(which by the way no kid around here watches) or have their sigma six junk and develop kid friendly figs???

ttfndude

CGC
11-10-2005, 08:54 AM
snip...
. He opens it and it has cool acc. but is not very playable, not like say a five inch figure. Collects dust kid decides against getting more as do parents stops watching cartoons since can't have relatable figs. So what are they doing? The figs are not player friendly(checked it with nephews, niece, and daughter)
...snip

ttfndude
I Disagree. I have 3 kids, & they all love the S6 figs (Youngest is 3, oldest is 10). I also have 9 neices & nephews, about ½ of them have at least one of the new S6 figs, & play with them all the time. I'm not crazy about the anime look & feel of the figs, but the construction is very durable, the articulation is excellent, & the accessories are awesome! Have you played with Spirit's bow? It fires his arrows a good 20 - 25 feet! I would have to say that these figures are very playable. They aren't marketed toward us, but they seem to be doing great with their designated market.

As for the cartoon, I thought it was pretty good, it is anime, but not sickening like Pokemon. The past 3 weeks have been rereuns, but I think we'll see something new again soon.

fireflys_apprentice
11-10-2005, 06:27 PM
A bow that fires small projectiles 20 feet,doesnt sound very safe for kids,remember the boba fett thing.

Xerofall
11-10-2005, 06:59 PM
It's a bit too fast for me, it has great animation, but it's that typical Japanese seizure inducing pace I'm not fond of...

Baroness has a Russian accent now. :confused:

Anyway, here's a clip from episode 6...

Click here to watch GI-Joe-Sigma-6-clip (http://media.putfile.com/GI-Joe-Sigma-6-clip)

Enjoy! :)

MikePrime
11-10-2005, 08:10 PM
I Disagree. I have 3 kids, & they all love the S6 figs (Youngest is 3, oldest is 10). I also have 9 neices & nephews, about ½ of them have at least one of the new S6 figs, & play with them all the time. I'm not crazy about the anime look & feel of the figs, but the construction is very durable, the articulation is excellent, & the accessories are awesome! Have you played with Spirit's bow? It fires his arrows a good 20 - 25 feet! I would have to say that these figures are very playable. They aren't marketed toward us, but they seem to be doing great with their designated market.

As for the cartoon, I thought it was pretty good, it is anime, but not sickening like Pokemon. The past 3 weeks have been rereuns, but I think we'll see something new again soon.

That's a fair viewpoint of the toys, but I think it might be skewed, you being a G.I. Joe fan and all. I'd like to see what it's like for kids who fathers aren't all that interested in toys.
:)

tiger_45
11-10-2005, 10:25 PM
I personally like the cartoon. There are a few issues that I don't like also, however if it keeps the line going than so be it.

Obiwanjacoby
11-10-2005, 11:06 PM
The first app. of Spirit was the best episode, IMO. Made me totally forgive Gonzo for Spud the robo-dog. :rolleyes:

The scenes with Long Range as a sniper and Snake-Eyes doing the MI-2 thing with the ninja bike. . .it's DA BOMB, BABY!!! :cool:

-PJ

Falcone
11-13-2005, 05:50 PM
im a n anime FANATIC, sigma 6 is decent