1994 Scorpion [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 1994 Scorpion

Cold Slither
11-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I finally got both variants of this. I dont collect many vehicles the 90s, but this one was a must have for me.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/displayaway/43630126.jpg

I like how this particular variant just uses inverted colors. This still makes them match pretty well. The Scorpion would also make a good Dreadnok vehicle with its funky offset seating. Notice the similarly inverted color schemes of the San Scorpions I used.

A must have for your cobra desert troops if you ask me. I'm totally hella stoked on those bro, fer sure!

Icebreaker
11-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Very cool vehicle, indeed! Mine have passed onto others, but, they really are nice! Removable gas cans!! Engine detail!! Cool stuff!! I think the purple-ish stickers really add to the vehicle, too.

What would really rock is if there were alternate weapons configurations on the base chassis. Even though the launcher and gatling gun are nice, could you envision swappable weapons, much like the Jungle Strike Humvees?

Have you looked at any of the unproduced versions of the scorpion in the archives? There was an interesting star brigade buggy in there somewhere.

Also, the desert scorpion appeared in the marvel gijoe comics, just in case that info might be useful to you, or anyone else.

Mark W. Bellomo
11-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Will be fixed in the 2nd version of the guide...

-- MWB

Cold Slither
11-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Will be fixed in the 2nd version of the guide...

-- MWB

Wow, Hi Mark. I'm a lil starstruck you replied to my thread. I use your book about every day. Hey, I'm looking fwd to the next version. Are you adding any other years? I'll check your book's thread to see if I can answer that.

Thanks,
CS

Apochronox
11-21-2005, 12:23 PM
I still have the version with the black hood. It must have been one of the last G.I. Joe items I bought at the time, since it came out in 1994.

Does anyone know which version is rarer?

CGC
11-21-2005, 04:10 PM
snip...Does anyone know which version is rarer?
I think they're pretty close to even. The tan body/black top might be a little more common, but not by much. Neither seems to cost more than the other.

samluvsjoes
11-21-2005, 08:41 PM
How much do they usually run? I'd like to get some myself!
Sam

tiger_45
11-22-2005, 12:17 AM
I agree, I think they are pretty neat. I might have to look into some soon. They do go great together.

Mark W. Bellomo
11-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Will be added to the new edition of the book.

So sorry I missed it.

-- MWB