View Full Version : Need some advice on an Ebay transaction

Goldbug
11-03-2005, 10:14 PM
I sold a laptop battery which I was told by the buyer would no longer keep a charge. No problem I had another. So I sent that one. Now it just got returned because he never picked it up from the P.O.
I'm not sure what to do now. It seems the buyer just disappeared.

whitedalek
11-04-2005, 11:14 AM
I would email the buyer and see if he responds. Hold onto the battery for a couple of weeks. Every 3 days or so, I would send another email. If you don't hear anything after 2 weeks, then I would just move on. However, save all your emails to the guy for your protection. Perhaps the buyer ran into some emergency (like going to the hospital) and can't get to the post office or be online for a few days.

Goldbug
11-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Well they finally responded saying that they didn't want it. Apparently their son's school was going to require everyone to get laptops. Now they are being provided laptops instead.

Then I get another strange thing happen. Is it Christmas time when all the weirdo Ebayers come out???
I sent this guy the Ebay invoice thing twice. He keeps replying he wants my address to send the payment. "ummm hello it's on the invoice!"

whitedalek
11-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Well they finally responded saying that they didn't want it. Apparently their son's school was going to require everyone to get laptops. Now they are being provided laptops instead.

Then I get another strange thing happen. Is it Christmas time when all the weirdo Ebayers come out???
I sent this guy the Ebay invoice thing twice. He keeps replying he wants my address to send the payment. "ummm hello it's on the invoice!"

That sucks. People ignore the fact that an ebay auction is a legally binding agreement. You should file a dispute with ebay to recoup your final value fee. Then on 89 days, 23 hours, and 55 minutes - you should give him a neg for being a non-paying bidder.

As for the people who are clueless, that just comes with the territory. I have on all my ebay auctions "I combine shipping for multiple items." However, every day or two, I get some idiot who asks me, "Do you combine shipping?" ..............sigh

Goldbug
11-05-2005, 10:01 PM
That sucks. People ignore the fact that an ebay auction is a legally binding agreement. You should file a dispute with ebay to recoup your final value fee. Then on 89 days, 23 hours, and 55 minutes - you should give him a neg for being a non-paying bidder.

As for the people who are clueless, that just comes with the territory. I have on all my ebay auctions "I combine shipping for multiple items." However, every day or two, I get some idiot who asks me, "Do you combine shipping?" ..............sigh

Actually they didn't want the replacement. They had said the original didn't keep a charge. Anyway they don't want a refund either.

danyanda
11-06-2005, 08:33 PM
He was trying to get you to send his money back, but when that didn't work he just dropped it.

ttfndude
11-06-2005, 09:15 PM
I think your right about the wierdo's comin out closer to x-mas. I just got a Windchill that was said to be 100% complete and perfect. I get it and the right foot hole has a peg in it and the right leg is broken off. So I go to fix it and someone has already stripped the screw so it was broken before it was shipped. Sux cause he hasn't left feedbcak and I don't want to leave neg. feedback due to repercussion neg feedback. Hopefully yours turns out better

ttfndude

Goldbug
11-06-2005, 10:47 PM
He was trying to get you to send his money back, but when that didn't work he just dropped it.

Perhaps & they didn't think I would send a replacement. They were also a new Ebay member.
In any case I get to sell the replacement on Ebay instead.