OMG CC on Family Guy [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : OMG CC on Family Guy

starrcommand
11-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey, Who is watching Family Guy. Ok they have had several 80's references including Cobra Commander as the head of a network. Then he ran off and jumped into a trouble bubble and flew threw the roof. Man was it great.

The Real Destro
11-06-2005, 08:16 PM
I haven't been here for awhile cause been really busy but I had to come by soon as I seen that.. HAHAHA that was cool!!

ttfndude
11-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh yeah, family guy rocks. Stewie and the crazy eighties references are the reason I watch it. It's one of those for us by us type cartoons. Like robot chicken

ttfndude

Falcone
11-06-2005, 08:38 PM
that was the funniest fmaily guy i have ever seen.

chefhomer4
11-06-2005, 09:15 PM
best episode ever!!!

yojoebro82
11-06-2005, 09:21 PM
DARN! And I had to do a math lesson plan at the time :( The producers must be GI Joe fans. Flint was on there last season.

Taichiro
11-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Flint was on the show once too....

I really wish they'd stop......I'm sick of Seth McFarlane taking a dump on my childhood, with his unfunny stupid insipid shows......

Falcone
11-06-2005, 11:20 PM
"unfunny stupid insipid shows"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, wow. although i do suppose everyone has their opinions....*ROLLS EYES*

The Faceless Master
11-06-2005, 11:26 PM
LOL, that episode was funny

Yep i remember a topic a while back about the REAL GUY who does
Flint's voice doing the cameo, so I wouldnt be surprised if its also
the real Cobra Commander from the 80s cartoons doing the voice on
this episode too!! :D:D:D

Clutch II
11-06-2005, 11:27 PM
would have liked to see the Twins as the exec. guys though :p

Jonas
11-07-2005, 12:03 AM
LOL, that episode was funny

Yep i remember a topic a while back about the REAL GUY who does
Flint's voice doing the cameo, so I wouldnt be surprised if its also

The voice of the original Cobra Commander, Chris Latta/Collins (also the voice of Moe, Gung-Ho, Wheeljack, and Starscream, and about 23 other voices), died about 11 years ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Latta

This I Command!
11-07-2005, 12:52 AM
that was great did anyone else notice they actually played a clip of the background music when he took off in the trouble bubble? I wonder if they have access to the Sunbow instrumentals or if they just ripped that part out of an episode.

Ted
11-07-2005, 08:03 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if its also

Unfortunately, it was not. Chris Latta died in 1994.

Shogi
11-07-2005, 09:33 AM
I about died when I saw CC up there! Personally I think this whole season has been the funniest Family Guy has ever been

Xerofall
11-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Give me a bit and I can get a clip of that scene online...

The Faceless Master
11-07-2005, 01:50 PM
The voice of the original Cobra Commander, Chris Latta/Collins (also the voice of Moe, Gung-Ho, Wheeljack, and Starscream, and about 23 other voices), died about 11 years ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Latta
Ugh for real? man...

it was still a pretty funny scene tho...
it looked more like he escaped via a 97 TRU Trubble Bubble
due to the greyish hue

Taichiro
11-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Sorry Spike, I just guess I still posess the part of my brain that needs to be damaged, or removed entirely, to find that show funny.......

Falcone
11-07-2005, 03:07 PM
wow, resorting to personal attacks now? what are you 5 years old

LOL

Falcone
11-07-2005, 04:41 PM
let me ask you this...

Have you seen the episode with flint, or this recent CC episode?

Agent Orange
11-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Spike, don't pay any attention to Taichiro. He's made a number of irrelavent posts on these boards.

Family Guy actually represents some of the smarter, more biting humor on network TV these days. I would put it right up there with Arrested Develoipment (and above the Simpsons).

American Dad, though, is pretty weak in my opinion. It's obvious the better jokes get used on Family Guy.

Taichiro
11-07-2005, 05:23 PM
if you had looked in the RIGHT FORUM, you'd see this is already being discussed.....

and it's been established that it's only 'funny' to some.....

Taichiro
11-07-2005, 05:26 PM
PERSONAL ATTACK?, I never levelled a personal attack, you assume too much....

and yeah, I've seen both episodes, and I think they're sad attempts by a sad man to be funny......

sadly, there are many who think this poorly written, unfunny, and poorly timed/executed show are funny......

it's just a shame that this garbage is replacing a truly funny show (King of the Hill), only because Fox has a financial investment in FG....

I shake my head in awe, that they cancelled Futurama, but decided to renew this banal drivel.....

orionlukteel
11-07-2005, 05:27 PM
if you had looked in the RIGHT FORUM, you'd see this is already being discussed.....

and it's been established that it's only 'funny' to some.....

Easy, cheesy.:rolleyes:
Thread has been merged. You've already stated your opinion of the show once. A redirect to the correct thread would have been more appropriate.

Taichiro
11-07-2005, 05:29 PM
hey, I guess I posted that at the exact moment it was being redirected....

I figured it would be moved, closed, or merged anyway, hence the lack of a link.....

Falcone
11-07-2005, 06:02 PM
PERSONAL ATTACK?, I never levelled a personal attack, you assume too much....

and yeah, I've seen both episodes, and I think they're sad attempts by a sad man to be funny......

sadly, there are many who think this poorly written, unfunny, and poorly timed/executed show are funny......

it's just a shame that this garbage is replacing a truly funny show (King of the Hill), only because Fox has a financial investment in FG....

I shake my head in awe, that they cancelled Futurama, but decided to renew this banal drivel.....

yes it was a personal attack, you essentially called all who enjoy the show brainless. Oh and if you hate it THAT much why do you watch it?

Taichiro
11-07-2005, 06:07 PM
1: I said I still posessed the part of the brain that would need to be damaged or removed for ME to enjoy it.....

I didn't say anybody was brainless, I said I'd have to be half-retarded to think it was funny....

meaning: I enjoy a higher-class brand of humor than fart jokes, and stupid pop-culture references......

don't flatter yourself into thinking it had anything to do with you.......

and the reason I watch it?, because for some reason, people keep telling me it's funny, and that I should keep watching.....

but I think I've seen every episode, and maybe gotten a chuckle out of me ONCE.......

it's just not my brand of humor, it is NOT funny to me.....there's no comedic timing, and the jokes just seem forced......

if you find it funny, fine, but I just don't posess the mindset required to find it funny, and feel I would have to be brain damaged, to get it.......

Super Sport
11-07-2005, 06:14 PM
This episode was by far the funniest thing I've seen on FOX in awhile, and I normally HATE the Family Guy. Brian punched Stewie to get out of Meg's play. Classic.

Good night of TV. Heck, even the new Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode was unusually good.

Taichiro
11-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Okay, Uhm, Fox isn't funny, period.....so, I'll agree with CC on FG as the funniest thing in a while.....

but the Treehouse ep was pretty bad.....Maggie turned 'em into pacifiers?, that was kinda lame......and the Dennis Rodman appearance? WTF?

alas, I stated my opinion, and am not trying to troll, so, that's that......

Falcone
11-07-2005, 06:21 PM
i had seen the flint episode again 2 weeks go, and i determined that was my favorite episode they ever made....until i saw last nights, i neverl aughed so hard in a family guy, joke after joke after joke.

Taichiro
11-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Well, I'm not gonna accuse anybody of anything, but are you favoring the Flint and CC eps, because of the GI Joe connection, or are they REALLY funny?

I remember the Flint episode, and really, that was the only thing approaching funny about it......

keg_daddy
11-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Wow dude, are you trying to get this thread closed like you did the AFA thread?

Can this guy be removed from the boards? He stated his opinion and for some reason he keeps posting and trying to start arguments.

Taichiro
11-07-2005, 07:20 PM
I stated my opinion, and now I'm done.....back off....

I am here to contribute to discussions, and conduct business....I have not violated any rules......

for you to publicly call for my removal is a low class move.......I never attacked anybody, or called for their removal, solely on a differing opinion......

so you disagree with me, that's called 'a debate'......gives you no right to request my removal......

orionlukteel
11-07-2005, 07:42 PM
And since this has turned into a debate on something OTHER than how funny or not funny the show is, I'm issuing the first and only warning. Keep it on topic and away from the personal observations.

Whether or not you like/enjoy the show or not, you are more than welcome to post your opinion here.

Once that crosses the line into criticizing the mental capacity of other members, among other things, that is reason enough for me or any of the mods to close the thread.

No one is going to be removed. But further personal attacks from anyone will result in the thread being locked and possibly temporary bannings.

And being completely neutral (i.e. I don't care) on the subject makes it very easy for me to spot a personal attack.

Now back to the thread. I don't like typing this stuff any more than you guys like reading it.

Falcone
11-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Well, I'm not gonna accuse anybody of anything, but are you favoring the Flint and CC eps, because of the GI Joe connection, or are they REALLY funny?

I remember the Flint episode, and really, that was the only thing approaching funny about it......

the CC episode, i loved EVERYTHING aobut

ill admit the main reason i liked the flint one was cause of flint but it had some really good moments

Taichiro
11-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Agent Orange said I was making irrelevant posts, but I doubt he could find one post that was not relevant to the topic at hand.....

"Family Guy actually represents some of the smarter, more biting humor on network TV these days."

I disagree, I find it to be some of the stupider, more banal humor on network TV these days.....

also, I have not intentionally called into question the mental capacity of any other member of this forum, save for my own......

therefore, why is it I that's being singled out, for having a differing opinion?

Spike: Cool.....I thought the Flint part WAS funny, but only because I heard the music and was like WTF?.....

but I just don't find the show as a whole, all that interesting/funny, and think it's low-class humor......

dockingbay97
11-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Enough - Everyone CHILL

keg_daddy
11-07-2005, 09:10 PM
What was last nights episode called? I missed it and was wondering if it would be on Adult Swim this week.

Arashikage_Tengu
11-07-2005, 10:55 PM
At a different message board, that also discusses G.I. Joe, someone posted, "Wow. Cobra Commander,head of the FCC. Who knew?".
I replied, "Like, yeah, Cobra Commander is the head of the FCC. They're Frikkin' Cobra Command, dude."

Xerofall
11-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Wow, you guys argue over the silliest things...

Anyway... as promised here is the clip...

http://media.putfile.com/Cobra-Commander-on-Family-Guy

Enjoy it my friends.

Falcone
11-08-2005, 12:40 AM

Enjoy it my friends.

oh, i love that

AVAC
11-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Family Guy is one of the best shows on TV anymore. I was so happy to see it come back and hope it stays around for some time. The 80s references are great (hence Seth grew up in the 80s and has fun with it). The episode last night was one of the best ones to date.

Xerofall
11-08-2005, 12:46 AM
No prob! I'm here for you guys! :p

Snake-eyes01
11-08-2005, 08:15 PM
No prob! I'm here for you guys! :p

Man! You rock! Thanks for the clip, I was wondering if you knew how I could save this clip to my harddrive? I saved the Flint one but I can't seem to save this one! Thanks!

Patrick A. Riley
11-08-2005, 08:35 PM
It should be stored in your browser temp files 31100291416.wmv

Xerofall
11-08-2005, 09:59 PM
I can email it too you if you like...

Here's the Flint one again...

http://media.putfile.com/Flint-on-Family-Guy

ttfndude
11-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Dude you rock thanks for letting me see those clips again. I have to say I like the Flint ep. better, but I didn't see the whole CC episode. Sometimes I like to let the small part of my brain take over and have fun:D Seth does a great job and Family Guy ranks up there in my top ten fav shows

ttfndude

Patrick A. Riley
11-09-2005, 12:22 PM
I never watched the show before. The Cobra Commander part was neat (the impression wasn't good at all IMO) The rest of the show was funny as well. A bit over the top, but if you get the gags, it's great (like the Naked Gun opening sequence). There's just one after another and you sometimes don't have time to take it all in. It's not like the Simpsons which have simultaneous audio and visual jokes that are easy to miss. The Flint clip was funny too.

Richard J.
11-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Great clips! Thanks Xerofall!

I haven't watched Family Guy in a long time. Pretty much came to the conclusion that, aside from Stewie and the appearances by Death, I really didn't like anything about it. Just my opinion though.

Still, I have to admit that those clips were great. Especially liked the CC one.

Nice to see people remembering GI Joe.

Richard J.

danielmd06
11-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Great clips Xerofall. Thanks for posting them.

fireflys_apprentice
11-19-2005, 07:51 PM
it was a funny clip,it would have been better if they all looked alike,u know like seiges or maybe if the two guys in the back were the twins. also did it look like the cobra symbol was a little blurred?

thing73vw
12-09-2005, 02:19 PM

Enjoy it my friends.
HAHAHAHAHA...

Awesome! thats funny stuff!

Hey Taichi! Dude, I have known you for a while now. He-man.org, Abstract Bliss, and now here.. really man, I know your a good guy, but you need to choose your battles wisely. if you dont like the show, you dont like the show.. just let it slide man. personally, I think Family Guy is a great show.

whitedalek
12-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the links, Xerofall. It was interesting to see them, as they were amusing. However, I'm one of those who don't find Family Guy terribly funny, but that's just me.

Mr. Crimson
12-10-2005, 04:31 AM
I love Family Guy, and I love G.I. Joe, and I love it when they mix the two of them.

-Lewis

Obiwanjacoby
12-10-2005, 02:35 PM
and the reason I watch it?, because for some reason, people keep telling me it's funny, and that I should keep watching

Same here. And c'mon gang, you gotta admit. With Family Guy. . .you have to slog though a lot of LAME (like, OMG lame) tired-out-one-liners to actually get to something that'll make you say to yourself, "LOL, wow! Now that was clever joke."

I'll still flip around and watch for awhile until it hits a stone-cold groaner.:rolleyes: Then I'm so ashamed of myself I have to switch off.:o

Intead of slamming it outright, I'll give an example (which is still On Topic):

The Flint clip was very well done because it had something called "comic timing" or "pacing" (a theatrical tool; look it up), while the CC clip didn't have that, even as nice an homage as it was. It was simply there for the surprise value. The first time around, you could barely follow the dialogue, he's talking so fast. At least he sounded like Latta.

-PJ

Obiwanjacoby
12-10-2005, 02:39 PM
I can email it too you if you like...

Here's the Flint one again...

http://media.putfile.com/Flint-on-Family-Guy

Thanks Xero! That's the one I actually emailed to all my friends before I lost it.

-PJ