It's Real!!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : It's Real!!!

chrysophylax
11-12-2005, 03:30 AM
It exists!!!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v65/chrysophylaxphl/forums/th_5AB600011.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/chrysophylaxphl/forums/5AB600011.jpg)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v65/chrysophylaxphl/forums/th_5AB600021.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/chrysophylaxphl/forums/5AB600021.jpg)

(Click on the images to enlarge)

I wasn't expecting to see these on a rack in a local collectible toy store so the camera on my phone is the best I could do.

- JM

Clutch II
11-12-2005, 03:41 AM
cool how much was it?

Taichiro
11-12-2005, 04:24 AM
Did it feel like touching god?

sorry for being suspicious, but well, with no other detail, aside from "I found it at a local collectibles shop", I'm just skeptical......

what collectible's shop?, how much was it?

some detailed scans and such would be needed to ascertain that it wasn't a fake/reseal.......

just tagging "IT'S REAL!", and tossing up two photos, does not a legitimate claim make......

Patrick A. Riley
11-12-2005, 10:24 AM
This was a store in the Philippines? Hmmmmm

Find some SF Movie Ryu Hoshis then you've done something :D

How about a more descriptive title?

Obiwanjacoby
11-12-2005, 12:50 PM
I believe it.

How much did you get it for (converted to US currency)?

-PJ

Falcone
11-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Did it feel like touching god?

sorry for being suspicious, but well, with no other detail, aside from "I found it at a local collectibles shop", I'm just skeptical......

what collectible's shop?, how much was it?

some detailed scans and such would be needed to ascertain that it wasn't a fake/reseal.......

just tagging "IT'S REAL!", and tossing up two photos, does not a legitimate claim make......

used part of this in my sig if you dont mind:D

chrysophylax
11-12-2005, 06:26 PM
It was ONLY ROUGHLY US$36.77. The other three packs were only US$22.06.

These were consigned to the store by a local collector who I believe to have two MOC PDDs. He offered these up for sale last May on our local Joe collectors' message board but we didn't really believe him because he posted Yo Joe photos. Last week I saw the other three packs at the store but no PDD so I assumed he never really had any. But yesterday, I saw one MOC PDD at the front of the peg!

No, I did NOT buy it because I'm broke and I was somewhat more interested in their lot of Vipers...

- JM

Falcone
11-12-2005, 06:36 PM
It was ONLY ROUGHLY US$36.77. The other three packs were only US$22.06.

These were consigned to the store by a local collector who I believe to have two MOC PDDs. He offered these up for sale last May on our local Joe collectors' message board but we didn't really believe him because he posted Yo Joe photos. Last week I saw the other three packs at the store but no PDD so I assumed he never really had any. But yesterday, I saw one MOC PDD at the front of the peg!

No, I did NOT buy it because I'm broke and I was somewhat more interested in their lot of Vipers...

- JM

well, if you wanna go pick it up for me...

AlternateUniverse Steeler
11-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Too fishy to me.
Poster has like 80 posts, both in this forum and claims low price and did not buy it.
Sounds like someone is dancing around the fib tree.

In my opinion if the story was true then he would have bought it.

Also,
If you stick to it being true them PM me the store info. I'm sure i have enough spare change around to buy it. That will put this to rest.

So dude, i am officially calling you out on this.
Send the info and lets see what the facts are.

kadarle
11-12-2005, 08:28 PM
i saw a post not long ago a guy selling his pdd moc on the trade section and his from the philippines too...for 36.77 usd its cheap but in pesos its damm expensive around 2,000 pesos etimate...let us know more on this find....

Falcone
11-12-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm sure i have enough spare change around to buy it. That will put this to rest.

a already offered:rolleyes:

Patrick A. Riley
11-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Are you sure you put the decimal point in the right place? :confused:
For $36.77, I'd buy it. They couldn't ring it up on the cash register fast enough.

I've recently bought Joe items that I really can't afford in my current situation. But I didn't pass on them because they were great deals.

$36.77 for a MOC figure that goes for 50 or 60 times that amount is a mind boggling, super fantastic, totally awesome, tubular and gnarly deal! :eek:

Some collectors would repeatedly stab themselves in the eye with a fork just to get that deal (well, maybe not in the eye, but definitely in their hand) ;) :p

GBPackRat
11-12-2005, 10:16 PM
For less than $40 USD and you didn't buy it! ! ! !

Unless your an uneducated person on MOC PDD's, I don't believe it and am willing to be the 2nd person to call you out on this.

$40 for a MOC PDD, not a chance. I would sell the shirt OFF my back to come up with the money if I had to.

At $40, to pass on it, I don't believe it at all. You could have bought it, then resold it for even just $400 and you've already got back your money 10 fold.

Things just arn't adding up on this report.

Tanner

chrysophylax
11-12-2005, 10:17 PM
i saw a post not long ago a guy selling his pdd moc on the trade section and his from the philippines too...for 36.77 usd its cheap but in pesos its damm expensive around 2,000 pesos etimate...let us know more on this find....

kadarle, you're a member of our local message boards. You saw this PDD when it was first posted:

http://toysoldier118.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=haves&action=display&thread=1118196986

by local collectors/brothers zagu and diesel.

Foreign-based Filipino collectors like kadarle & DieselBoyM as well as Dzirhan, and violentfix can also attest to this as they are also members of our local message boards.

These first showed up on a local auction website around May of this year.

And PhP2,000.00 IS a large amount especially when it comes to toys. That's why I didn't get it. I couldn't anyway, as I am broke.

The three packs are consigned to Pete's Toy Shop at Blue Lane, Shoppesville, Greenhills, Philippines.

- JM

chrysophylax
11-12-2005, 10:21 PM
For less than $40 USD and you didn't buy it! ! ! !

Unless your an uneducated person on MOC PDD's, I don't believe it and am willing to be the 2nd person to call you out on this.

$40 for a MOC PDD, not a chance. I would sell the shirt OFF my back to come up with the money if I had to.

At $40, to pass on it, I don't believe it at all. You could have bought it, then resold it for even just $400 and you've already got back your money 10 fold.

Things just arn't adding up on this report.

Tanner

I'm fully aware of PDD's value. But people just simply don't carry that large an amount in their pockets around here.

Believe me, I would have bought it if I could but me and my girlfriend are both taking our Master's degrees and all our money goes to that.

- JM

82to87Joes
11-13-2005, 02:31 AM
ive seen a MOC PDD sell for $3000 US

id say that would help your master studies out quite a bit

bigjohnwoo
11-13-2005, 03:49 AM
the casualness with which you can shrug off not buying this for immediate resale strips this story of all credibility.

if your defense is that people only carry a few bucks at a time in their pockets in the phillipines, why didnt you call up a dozen friends and order them to the shop to chip in? you clearly had a cell phone on you.

speaking of, why didn't you just pull the simm chip out of your phone and trade that for the pdd?

you need money for your studies? there's a half dozen people on these boards alone that would've bought it off you for $1000's without flinching.

your master's clearly isn't in finance, econ, or entrepreneurialism.

Shogi
11-13-2005, 06:55 AM
Clearly, I'm not educated on PDD cuz to be honest, until I found out you guys would pay $1000's for it I would have passed on it if I saw it MOC in the store for $30! Also let's think what he may have to go through to explain to his girlfriend that he's using their money for master's degrees to buy a toy, sure when it sold she'd be happy with him but until then........

CGC
11-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Clearly, I'm not educated on PDD cuz to be honest, until I found out you guys would pay $1000's for it I would have passed on it if I saw it MOC in the store for $30! Also let's think what he may have to go through to explain to his girlfriend that he's using their money for master's degrees to buy a toy, sure when it sold she'd be happy with him but until then........
Good points. It might not seem very likely, but there really isn't any reason to call somebody a liar. If I saw it carded like that 3 years ago, I know that I wouldn't have payed more than $50 for it. And even if he did know exactly what it was, when you're really on a budget, there isn't even that kind of slack.

I would say that if you're absolutely sure that the story is bologna, just ignore the thread. It is very unlikely, but it's also possible. As long as it isn't going to affect your own wallet, don't get too worked up over it.

Taichiro
11-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I never said he was a liar, I said I was skeptical....

there are several points to this story that don't add up, to an American mind....

granted, I know nothing of the cultural differences between Americans and those from the Phillipines, but I'd assume that if I were struggling to make ends meet, and found something worth thousands, for a pittance, i'd FIND a way to afford it.....

picollogoku
11-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I passed up one once in 2000 for $120 due to the fact of an engagment ring for my wife. "who by the way is so cool she lets me hang joes from the ceiling all over the house" but now that i know that you guys would pay thousands i fell like an idiot:mad: :mad: :mad: :D

oh well

Clutch II
11-13-2005, 03:33 PM
one thing to consider i had a friend from the Phillipines and from what i remember haveing $30 their would be like us haveing a small fortune here:eek:

ttfndude
11-13-2005, 04:45 PM
consider me part of the dummy crowd. Why is this worth so much??? Could be like me. i never realize what people are really going to want so I pass stuff up. I have passed up the unleashed figures from star wars that were on clearance for a couple of dollars than realized people wanted them, woops. Living in the middle of dullsville tends to leave it open for finding all the special items and variants, but it takes forever to get here.

ttfndude

Obiwanjacoby
11-13-2005, 05:14 PM
one thing to consider i had a friend from the Phillipines and from what i remember haveing $30 their would be like us haveing a small fortune here:eek:

Right, I actually read his past posts and have no reason to disbelieve him.

This dude's in the dream-section of the world where Joes are .50 cents each!

-PJ

vettfanatic
11-13-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm calling BS on this one, but it was a good story!!!;)

Mark W. Bellomo
11-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Interesting. Better pics, please....

-- MWB

AlternateUniverse Steeler
11-13-2005, 11:39 PM
I say more specific store contact info

picollogoku
11-14-2005, 02:04 AM
who knows if its real. it doesn't really matter. but if you think about it I aquired alot of my 300+ collection buying from people who did not realize what is in there basement/attic because to them its just "old toys" taking up space that could have a pool table sitting in it........

The Faceless Master
11-14-2005, 08:58 AM
they import a LOT of stuff from the United States
so i really wouldnt be surprised if this was actually legit
There arent any TRU chains there <at least not when i ws there>
the closest one would have to be in Hong Kong
So these could quite possibly be overstock from TRU chains here or HK

but when the Filipinos DO have something counterfeit its pretty blatant
I saw Air Jordan Shoes that would have a really really CHUBBY Jordan logo
as in Warren Sapp fat so you KNOW immediately its phony
Basketball Jerseys are all weird colors, like i saw a Chicago Bulls #23
in orange & green :rolleyes:

Money is REALLY REALLY a tough issue over there
I believe the exchange rate is $1 to P50 over there right now
Imagine shelling out $500<pesos>- just for lunch at a fast food place??
and there are NOT really that many high paying jobs there so to say that
"I would find a way to get P1500+" is easier said than done so please
dont be so hard on this guy for simply posting what he found.
**I am not saying what he found is legit** maybe it is
cuz i wouldnt know either

btw - chrysophylax, thanks for sharing :o

GBPackRat
11-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Again, I'd like to stress....

I would have sold the shirt off my back for this figure MOC. In fact, I would have sold my shoes, watch socks for this figure...

I am amazed at how many people are uninformed of the value this figure would bring. Finding one is truely like winning $1000 - $2000 in a scratch off lottery.

I gasp at the fact that as we move futher away from 1998, the less and less people will remember this figure.

Perhaps someday I really will find it at a garage sale for $1.

I guess it isn't out of the question anymore.

Tanner

PS: Now that you know its worth, are you going back to see if its still there? Wonder if someone else picked up on this thread and actually tracked it down and bought it.

Clutch II
11-14-2005, 01:01 PM
I am amazed at how many people are uninformed of the value this figure would bring. Finding one is truely like winning $1000 - $2000 in a scratch off lottery.

actually until this thread was brought up i was not aware how much this figure went for as it goes i'll definately be keeping an eye out for it and if i can get to a couple places i know i will definately check them.

Propadeutic
11-14-2005, 01:15 PM
I'll reserve judgment on the truth of the OP, but yeah, unusual finds pop up every so often. I got a carded Convention Jinx for $15 at a comic book store a few years back, and the same store had a C9+ Viper Pilot and Rumbler mislabeled and marked for $1.50 each. So it could happen.

Clutch II
11-14-2005, 01:56 PM
not too mention a friend of mine found the Python Patrol 6-packs at Ollies for $6.99 the other day.

chrysophylax
11-14-2005, 03:56 PM
OK... PDD is gone. I went back to the store yesterday and someone else must've gotten to it first.

I posted the photos in the general convo section/sightings section/variant section of all the Joe message boards because as the title of my thread and my original message state, I wanted to show proof that carded PDDs are real.

If I wanted to buy the thing and make over US$1,000.00 then I would have held off posting it until I had it in my hands and then I would have posted it in the For Sale sections or straight to EBay but I did not. I even posted the name and location of the store publicly and not through PMs.

There's more to life than toys and personally I have a hard time justifying spending a thousand Pesos on one, much more a thousand Dollars.

- JM

bigjohnwoo
11-15-2005, 10:25 AM
The positioning of the figures is identical to the infamous one scwv bought from guruplanet earlier this year.

Compare:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v65/chrysophylaxphl/forums/th_5AB600011.jpg
http://www.whateveruwant.org/pdd.htm

Convenient how this, the 2nd known example of a MOC PDD, is oriented identically to the 1st.

The Faceless Master
11-15-2005, 12:06 PM
The positioning of the figures is identical to the infamous one scwv bought from guruplanet earlier this year.

Compare:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v65/chrysophylaxphl/forums/th_5AB600011.jpg
http://www.whateveruwant.org/pdd.htm

Convenient how this, the 2nd known example of a MOC PDD, is oriented identically to the 1st.
I dont get what you are trying to say :confused:
cuz the pix arent exactly the same so I dont know what you are implying

Obiwanjacoby
11-15-2005, 12:38 PM
He's saying that the (lifting on the) bottom part of the card bubble has been obscured on purpose.

-PJ

airedevon
11-15-2005, 12:38 PM
This is by no means only the 2nd known example of a MOC PDD... Several have surfaced in the past year or so!

bigjohnwoo
11-15-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm saying that they're pictures of the same carded figure. The Destro's pelvis/leg orientation, head position, right hand position. The Baroness' right arm position.

Figures wind up carded in unique orientations. Head to the right, one knee bent, right arm swiveled palm up, etc. I'm not going to buy that this newly surfaced MOC PDD just so happens to be positioned identically to the -only known example-.

These are just newly surfaced pics.

airedevon
11-15-2005, 12:41 PM
hmmm I thought he was saying that the position of the figures inside the bubble was the same...

--the MOC PDD from Guru planet did not have bubble lift until it went through the trials and tribulations of the post office :-) Several people from this board had inspected it previous to it being mailed out - and all was OK...

bigjohnwoo
11-15-2005, 12:46 PM
My bad. I didn't know other MOC examples had been found. I still think this is a pic of the guruplanet one.

gutstheberserker
11-15-2005, 12:50 PM
There are definitely other MOCs out there :D

airedevon
11-15-2005, 12:54 PM
It definitely does look a lot like the Guru Planet one... but to my eye, in this one, Destro's left arm is farther back, and his head is not turned as far to the left... Also, the right arm of the Baroness does not have as much red showing on her lower arm...

willie&joe
11-15-2005, 01:29 PM
This is by no means only the 2nd known example of a MOC PDD... Several have surfaced in the past year or so!

Are there any disscussions on the other ones. The only MOC ones I've heard of are the Guru Planet one and this one.

vettfanatic
11-15-2005, 03:57 PM
There are definitely other MOCs out there :D

Alright Trent where did you get it? Do you have it graded?

Clutch II
11-15-2005, 04:05 PM
is he holding out on us?

GBPackRat
11-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Knowing Trent he's got like a case of them and gives them out in party bags at his birthday parties...

Oh oh, please invite me this year!

Tanner

gutstheberserker
11-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Alright Trent where did you get it? Do you have it graded?

I am aware of 3 out there that could technically be called MOCs -- all of them are ungradeable because of too much lift, but are clearly carded and not tampered with. I got mine from a collector who was nice enough to part with one of the two he had. On the 1997 TRU packs, they apparently used a different type of adhesive (or less of it) which readily comes apart when exposed to heat.

lol. GB. I wish.

vettfanatic
11-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Knowing Trent he's got like a case of them and gives them out in party bags at his birthday parties...

Oh oh, please invite me this year!

Tanner

No not true. At his birthday party last year he was giving away a set of spinners to all who attended!!!:p

jabba the drunk
11-15-2005, 06:45 PM
I also know of three MOCs. One came through Guru Planet, purchased by scwv. Two others were auctioned from Hong Kong in the beginning of the year (February and March)

I don't know if these are the same two that gutz is referring to? I don't know exactly where these two ended-up. I forget who won the auctions. Aire, do I remember you mentioning you have one? If so, was it one of those from Ebay?

For me, this is a different fourth example. The figure's head turn and waist turn doesn't match the above three.

-Peter

82to87Joes
11-19-2005, 12:39 PM
about a year ago there was a guy from china that was selling a bunch of stuff from 97-98. i bought a 97 snow troop 3 pack from him for like $12. anyways he had 2 PDD 3 packs that he claimed he got from a storage warehouse and had them on ebay. they both sold for around $1000 if i remember correctly

82to87Joes
11-19-2005, 12:41 PM
i think im talking about the same ones jabba mentioned, didnt see his post before i posted

Taichiro
11-19-2005, 05:26 PM
I really wanna believe him, but it's just a very complex story.....

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but, if it proves to be BS, then well....I guess he'll be dealt with...

picollogoku
11-20-2005, 01:50 AM
if a shumck like me can come across one and not really know what it is.......

then there has got to be more out there. think about it. granted this is a huge site, and ya''l know of about six, times that by 50. I would say there are at least a hundred or so on card and a few hundred loose.

heck, we should start a campaign to find out more from hasbro..:rolleyes: LOL

gi_nova
11-20-2005, 07:39 AM
To all of you board members, you really should stop and listen so some of the more established, "High Dollar" collectors when they post.

Unbeknownst to you there is a trade of information and figures that goes on off board... this is where information on wonderful things can be found...If you pay attention to those in these circles, bits of such information will be dropped for the casual collector. This happens because A) You really don't need to know all this info, B) It really isnt hard to track down the info if you are interested, and C) Because the collecting community, especialy in the "high Dollar" area is very secretive, unfortunatley it always has been.

On the PDD there are less than 100 total. They were NOT released in retail, there is always a possible fluke, but I'll bet Human error is FARRR more likley. of that total number of PDD's that is less than 100, less than 10 were made up as carded samples, to my knowlege with the PDD that Chrys saw all MOC ones have been accounted for.

As for not buying a MOC PDD on the spot, "NO matter what" I KNOW if you don't have a PDD now, you DONT carry around the equivalen of a couple grand just in case you find a MOC PDD and your nobody is gonna pay you that much for the shirt off your back.

And lastly I feel it is pathetic and shameful to see such treatment of a fellow collector, one who was only trying to share some information with the community, all because a "rare" and thush "valuable" joe item surfaced. Though I guess it is this reaction by the masses that keeps the "High Dollar" collectors in their shadows.

82to87Joes
11-20-2005, 11:38 AM
since we are so uninformed can i ask what makes you so INformed about them?

Clutch II
11-20-2005, 11:46 AM
yeah i was curious too since the only way to know the exact amount or anywhere close to it is to actually count em as they came off the belt,i doubt even the big wigs know how many there are?

Obiwanjacoby
11-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Blahblahnocommentblahblah. . .

gutstheberserker
11-20-2005, 10:36 PM
There is one less "MOC" now because one of the MOCs was recently submitted for loose grading (not mine).

Crimson Strike Viper
11-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Honestly, how can any of us really know what is really real and what really isn't...really.

I consider myself a serious collector but even the best can be fooled. My skills are up to par on all things Cobra and I have yet to see one of these mint on card. I have seen them loose but not within touching distance. (as in held in my hand)

I'll say that this camera phone footage is similar to the film footage of bigfoot walking with the watch on (Oh yeah don't even act like you don't know what I am talking about).

If you choose to believe that it is the real deal, do so. That is why it is a choice. I'd probably put my money on the big hairy guy with the Rolex.

I am not saying someone is lying or that isn't true or pictures were fake or it was a custom or the shot was taken from a grassy knoll.

All I am saying is that I am late for my date with these two 6 foot redheaded Asian twins with blue eyes.

It is your choice to believe it or not.

I hope the twins don't get mad a me for being late...

Taker easy,

CSV

gi_nova
11-20-2005, 11:19 PM
since we are so uninformed can i ask what makes you so INformed about them?

a littel bit of B), and lot more of C) keeps me from telling you more.

Spend enough time in the community, if you are interested you should know who the "movers and shakers" are.

yeah i was curious too since the only way to know the exact amount or anywhere close to it is to actually count em as they came off the belt,i doubt even the big wigs know how many there are?

Bingo...who do you think designed alot of the 97/98 figures? random hasbro guy or random hasbro guy with input from a collector.

oh, and I do have first hand experience with a loose PDD, the one I've handled If I've trailed it correctly has been seen riding a Gungan dino thing here on the Yojoe board.

airedevon
11-21-2005, 06:37 AM
oh, and I do have first hand experience with a loose PDD, the one I've handled If I've trailed it correctly has been seen riding a Gungan dino thing here on the Yojoe board.

This is such a great community!!! :-)

Aire

dockingbay97
11-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Please no more pot shots at each other or else in lockdown this shall go

airedevon
11-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Just in case my post was misunderstood - please let me clarify: I honestly, sincerely, completely.. think it is absolutely cool and great that collectors - including GI Nova - care enough about these little guys that we all love (Joes...) that the provenance of specific pieces is followed!!

AWESOME!!!

My post was intended to give kudos!!!!!

It's like propadeutic (I hope I spelled that right :-) and his wonderful work figuring out the stats fo Joe releases!!! I am in awe of stuff like that!

The more of us that care passionately about all this stuff, the more we can share info with each other!!!!

Aire

airedevon
11-21-2005, 09:01 AM
I repeat: I DO think this is a great communtiy! I learn so much from so many! Good people here!!!

Thanks!!!!
Aire

airedevon
11-21-2005, 09:06 AM
By the way, in case some people don't know, GI Nova was referring to my PDD and a picture I posted a while ago... :-) I thought that was kind of cool of him to remember!!!

Aire

Robot Rabbit
11-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Find some SF Movie Ryu Hoshis then you've done something :D

Do SF Movie Ryu figures exist at all, or only the prototype we see in the archive?

The Faceless Master
11-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Do SF Movie Ryu figures exist at all, or only the prototype we see in the archive?
Ryu Hoshi discussed HERE

Mark W. Bellomo
11-28-2005, 08:42 PM
If Krause wants me to put out another guide (incorporating 1997-2005+), I'll have to include a pic of this evil-doer. But thankfully, I'm working on something else right now; based on another 80's Hasbro property...

And if I have to include a pic of PDD, I have to OWN one, as I only put in pics from my own collection. Which means I have to BUY one. For $1000 - $1500.

LOOSE I tells ya'!

But I gotta get me a PDD. Eventually. Looks like I'll sell some blood or something. Ugh. I HATE that McDonald's Orange Drink and those ghetto chocolate chip cookies they give you after you donate. Maybe if I'm AB negative, I can get more $$$...

Ugh.

Blood for Joes. Blood for Joes.

-- MWB

Robot Rabbit
11-28-2005, 08:58 PM
If Krause wants me to put out another guide (incorporating 1997-2005+), I'll have to include a pic of this evil-doer. But thankfully, I'm working on something else right now; based on another 80's Hasbro property...

Finally! Someone is coming out with a comprehensive guide to the "Air Raiders"! (The power's in the Air Raiders!)

But I gotta get me a PDD. Eventually. Looks like I'll sell some blood or something. Ugh. I HATE that McDonald's Orange Drink and those ghetto chocolate chip cookies they give you after you donate. Maybe if I'm AB negative, I can get more $$$...

Ugh.

Blood for Joes. Blood for Joes.

-- MWB

I thought Type O was the most sought after blood.

Patrick A. Riley
11-28-2005, 09:11 PM

Prototype? That's real baby and it's all mine! ;) :p :D

CGC
11-28-2005, 09:52 PM
snip...
I thought Type O was the most sought after blood.
I think AB is more rare, but O is compatible with other blood types. Most blood types aren't interchangeable, but O would be accepted by almost anyone.

umm, back to the topic... :rolleyes:

danielmd06
11-29-2005, 07:31 PM
I think AB is more rare, but O is compatible with other blood types. Most blood types aren't interchangeable, but O would be accepted by almost anyone.

Medical students cannot resist such topics - even when they are not part of the thread. For the record, you are all correct.

Type O blood is the "universal donor," anyone can receive it, and this makes it most sought after in emergencies when you don't know the blood type of a particular patient. Other "O blooded" folks can only get this type.

Type AB is the rarest blood type, and it's the "universal recipient." A person with AB blood type can get A, B, AB, or O blood and be just fine.

And everybody needs to donate blood!