Buily To Rule (Freedeom Defence Outpost) Update - New Pics!!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Buily To Rule (Freedeom Defence Outpost) Update - New Pics!!!

carnage717
11-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Well I saw this on ebay today and bought it,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6015113788

I have most of the other Built to Rule stuff with the exception of the headquarters, so I decided to go ahead and buy it since I didnt have this piece either. After checking the archives for the Built to Rule stuff it doesnt show up anywhere. Does someone out there have any info on this item? Any help would be appreciated.

Brad

Update !!!!

Well I got my sets in today and since one had some minor box damage I decided to go ahead and open it up. Before I got to the pics there are couple of thing to to know. No where on any of my boxes is there sticker residue from a price sticker, 2nd there are no instructions on how to put this thing together. What that means I have no idea. Well on to the pics. If you want a close up of the picture just click on it and it should blow up to full size.

Mods: If you want to use these pics for the archives feel free to use them. If you need smaller ones just Pm or email me and I can send you smaller pics.

Box Front

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179887ht.jpg

Box Back

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179896tf.jpg

Duke Figure

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179871bm.jpg

Duke Filcard

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179919ah.jpg

Contents of the Box

http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179856zz.jpg

Since there are not instructions with this I'm not entirely sure how to put this thing together If I can get it together I'll post some more pics of the fully assembled playset.

Assembled Playset:
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179928jv.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179938wv.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179947gk.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179956ge.jpg

Ram Motorcycle:
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179966ml.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179977lc.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10179988ob.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys.

Brad

GI Steevy
11-19-2005, 08:39 PM
HOLY CRAP!

I didn't think it existed! It was part of the last wave of BTR with the wonky distribution, it was pictured in the catalog, but nobody has ever reported seeing it!

When you get it, take a bunch of pics! This was probably one of the neater sets offered, and I wish I had a chance at it.

CGC
11-19-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah, that was a great price for that. Of all the limited release BTR wave, I think that was probably the scarcest. Nice find!

yo-man2
11-19-2005, 09:53 PM
good score, here in the great northeast a region chain called ollies had the wave 3 btr's in ample amount for cheapo prices......everything but this set and the hq, so unless they flood the market soon at a similar outlet i think you have a real gem here

Lody
11-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Take lots of pictures BUT don't open it yet! This is the first time we have seen this item and there's no way of knowing how rare it is yet or if we will see an influx of them in the market. Thats an awesome score and I am SO jealous! Good grab brotha!

82to87Joes
11-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Take lots of pictures BUT don't open it yet! This is the first time we have seen this item and there's no way of knowing how rare it is yet or if we will see an influx of them in the market. Thats an awesome score and I am SO jealous! Good grab brotha!

the guy selling it had 5 of them, it cant be THAT rare!

carnage717
11-21-2005, 07:37 AM
He actually had 8 total. I ended up talking to him after I bought 2 of them from. According to him they were all boxed together in a case of 8. They were not packaged with other items like the other test market stuff. Also he did not purchase these at retail store unlike the other stuff which was sold in the Ohio area and Ollies. I asked him where he purchased them from and wouldnt say where he got them. I purchased 2 from him and I'm definately keeping one boxed. I may open one just see that everything is there and maybe take some pictures for the YoJoe Archive. He also mentioned he might be able to get more, he told me he would get back to me if he got more. There had to be some made even if they were for box cover art, brouchures, etc.. If I get any more info Ill let you know and Ill post some more pics once I get them.

Brad

Jeff Bohn
11-21-2005, 08:15 AM
I didn't think these were out there either, now I need to hunt one down. I already emailed the seller too. Another thing to be on the hunt for!

dockingbay97
11-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Well, he has listed and sold the eight he claimed to have.

But all of you should rejoice. Since I bought one at the higher BIN price, I am sure these will be showing up by the truckload at a Tuesday Morning or Big Lots near you for the rock bottom price of $5. That's how things seem to work sometimes.

If someone has info on these, please share.

carnage717
11-22-2005, 02:05 PM
He emailed me this morning and said that he managed to get his hands on a few more. I asked him where he got these but he wouldnt tell me. The other day he said he had to get ahold of someone to get more. He did tell me that the didnt come from retail so Im not sure exactly where hes getting them from. He also said hes not sure how many more he can get so theres no telling how many are out there. He wouldnt tell me how many he just got today so I guess well just have to watch and see how many he sells. Im still taking a guess that these are production samples that hes getting his hands, If you look at some of his past auctions he has sold some previously unreleased items so I wonder if he has connections somewhere. Ive asked several times and he told me he doesnt want to name the source he's getting these from.

dockingbay97
11-22-2005, 02:13 PM
It wouldn't be the first time a seller told a story to move product though.

Which other items of his are you referring to. I just see things that were either available in stores or are San Diego Comic Con exclusives.

carnage717
11-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Yeah I know that, I'm just posting all the info I have gotten so far. Only time will tell, if he sells all the pieces hes gotten ahold of and no more show up then I think it safe to assume these were pre-production samples as compared to a limited or mass produced item. I think if these were even produced in limited numbers like the rest of the Wave 3 stuff they would have shown up by now. Why are these just showing long after the rest of the wave 3 stuff has.

Brad

dockingbay97
11-22-2005, 02:33 PM
I hear what you are saying and I don't doubt your statements. I just wish we had some more info other than from the guy selling these.

I am going to use an example that happened to me. Two or three summers ago there was a Jurassic Park toy that showed up at my local KB's - the Canyon T-Rex. At the time only about a dozen were known to exist. They were in the same exact boat as this - an end of the line item assumed never to be produced. I listed one on eBay and it caught fire on the JP boards just like this. I had many people contacting me to buy them. I in the end sold a ton of them but no where near the $750 price they were selling for.

Crazy stuff like this happens and I wouldn't be suprised to hear of people picking these up at a KB, Tuesday Morning, Big Lots, etc in the very near future.

I really believe he is protecting a source and that source is a local retail store. He doesn't want us to figure it out and run out and buy them ourselves.

yo-man2
11-22-2005, 03:13 PM
we need to bug the guy like the police do........to find his source

carnage717
11-25-2005, 07:58 PM
See my first post for the Updated Pics. Im working on putting it together so Ill some pics of that shortly as well.

Brad

82to87Joes
11-26-2005, 09:52 AM
why do people like these btr stuff? sure these things are rare but so is a bright carnation pink 74 pinto. the btr stuff just doesnt even look that great and surely doesnt fit well with other joe pieces

:confused:

maybe just my opinion here but theres probably a reason these things never made it to retail

CGC
11-26-2005, 02:07 PM
why do people like these btr stuff? sure these things are rare but so is a bright carnation pink 74 pinto. the btr stuff just doesnt even look that great and surely doesnt fit well with other joe pieces
...snip
Fits into my Joeverse just fine. Since they are toys, a little variation from one fig or vehicle to another is just fine - those lego type arm & leg pegs don't bother me at all. I like the skulpts of most of the BTR figs, & some of the vehicle designs would kick butt if transferred to the regular 3¾" world. I'm not saying your opinion is no good, it's yours & completely valid, I just disagree.

carnage717 - thanks for sharing the pics!

carnage717
11-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Well when I was kid I loved lego's. When BTR came out I thought it was pretty good use of Lego. I used always love building my stuff out of Legos and now I can make Joe vehciles. Also with what CGC said I like some of the scuplts on the BTR Figures. I try to get at least 1 of each figure made so this is just another figure to add to my collection. I kind of like the Duke figure that came with set which one reason that I have been looking for one of these sets.

Brad

yo-man2
11-26-2005, 04:17 PM

:confused:

maybe just my opinion here but theres probably a reason these things never made it to retail

i challenge you to not like the btr avac......pegs and all

Mr. Crimson
11-28-2005, 02:59 AM
Never was interested in BTR myself, but I will have to admit that is a nice item.

-Lewis

82to87Joes
11-28-2005, 08:48 AM
i challenge you to not like the btr avac......pegs and all

yeah dont care for it, sorry

i guess maybe my deal is i dont play with my joes so i dont see the pluses with the btr stuff. to me it just doesnt look that great but i understand why you guys like them

zartanspal
11-29-2005, 05:04 AM
I just bought a Freedom Defense Outpost misb from ebay for $17.99 buy it now. They are starting to show up now. I am glad I wasn't one of those that paid $48.00 for it.

dockingbay97
11-29-2005, 08:22 AM
But of course - I bought one off eBay so here they come in full force. :)

And now someone from Seattle is selling them which means people are finding them in my own backyard. I guess I need to stop at Tuesday Morning this afternoon. I would suggest people look there or at Big Lots.

And I didn't believe the story for a minute that the original seller wasn't finding these in stores. carnage717 I don't mean anything against you. I just knew he had to be buying these in a clearance sale somewhere and not a mystery case that was found in a storeroom or something. He isn't going to say where he is getting them because he wants to clean up on sales to people like us. That is the game and I accept that.

carnage717
11-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Don't worry about it Dockingbay after receiving mine I figured the guy was lying anyways. The box is the exact same size as the Ground Striker and the numbers on the box match with the case assortment that should have been packaged with the Ground Striker. I emailed the seller again and see if he now wants to give the information where he purchased them, so well see what he says, he'll probably just lie again. I also have my brother in law checking some stores in California now that a few more have popped up. If he gets back to me with any info or if he comes accross any and buys them Ill be sure to pass on the information. Does anyone know of any discount chains besides Tuesday Morning and Big Lots that I can have my brother in law check, if you do let me know so I can pass the info on to him.

Brad

dockingbay97
11-29-2005, 09:30 AM
I was wondering about other stores as well. The other seller from Seattle does help me out by knowing what we don't have here locally. There are no Family Dollar or Dollar General types of stores here and no place like Ollies (or whatever that chain is on the east coast where peopl found the other BTR).

I have heard of people finding weird toys during the holiday season at places like Aldi's (none here in Seattle) and Grocery Outlet (we do have these). These types of stores might be worth investigating.

zartanspal
11-29-2005, 05:21 PM
I was wondering about other stores as well. The other seller from Seattle does help me out by knowing what we don't have here locally. There are no Family Dollar or Dollar General types of stores here and no place like Ollies (or whatever that chain is on the east coast where peopl found the other BTR).

I have heard of people finding weird toys during the holiday season at places like Aldi's (none here in Seattle) and Grocery Outlet (we do have these). These types of stores might be worth investigating.

I am going to check Tuesday Morning and Fred's since they are side by side sometime this week. I will let everyone know if I find anything.

dockingbay97
11-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Nothing at the Tues Morning closest to me.

carnage717
11-29-2005, 07:11 PM
I check all 3 tuesday mornings buy me, plus 2 Biglots stores and couple of Dollar Generals and the only thing I came up with is some 12" Bazooka's and 12" Dr. Minderbenders.

Brad

carnage717
11-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Well my brother in law came through for me. I now know where these are being sold. They are being sold at Grocery Outlet, unfortunately for most of us they are only a West Coast store. He got 3 more for me last night and they should be in Mail today. I listed them on the ebay for $24 with a buy it now. If any board member purchases them I'll take 10% off the buy it now price. Just mention it to me after you purchase it and Ill take it off. You can check my link for my ebay store. Hope this helps you out Dockingbay after I saw your post yesterday I had him check the 2 stores you mentioned. He only found 3 at the store he was at, there were also some Ground Strikers there as well. Unfortuatly for us East Coasters is doesnt do us much good. Ive checked all our Discount Grocery Chains last night and came up with nothing. So I guess for the time being well just have to rely on the West Coast people.

Brad

Mark W. Bellomo
11-30-2005, 04:58 PM
He got me!

He got me!

AIIIIIEEEEE!!!!

I am dumb.

-- MWB