UK Collectors [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : UK Collectors

Pages : [1] 2 3

StephenMUK
11-20-2005, 06:45 AM
I've just returned from the States with quite a few figures and vehicles from KB Toys and TRU however upon my return to the UK I can't seem to find any here. Have Hasbro stopped supplying them in the UK/Europe?

Please can someone point me in the direction of some UK suppliers that I can contact?

Many thanks in advance.

WarAngel
11-20-2005, 08:41 AM
I dont think theres any left, you can find the odd toy in poundstretchers/Instore and places similar to that but thats it really.

StephenMUK
11-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Thanks for that, I thought that may be the case.

Are there any UK online dealers that you can recommend?

There seem to be quite a few US dealers, but I'm not sure about customs charges. It could make any purchases I make very expensive.

WarAngel
11-20-2005, 09:44 AM
None that I know of.

I always order under 100 bucks so I never have any troubles with customs or I deal with friends so its down as a gift.

I've found buying new from the uk ebay is actually dearer that buying from the states even when you factor in shipping.

Ie I can pick up a VvV pack for around $5-7 when over here I've seen them on ebay for £9.99

StephenMUK
11-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Well, most of the stuff on UK Ebay seems to be very expensive.

Thanks for the advice, I think that I'll make up an order of around $50 to start with and see how I get on. Do you have any pointers on who I should try?

Thanks again, sorry to be a pain.

WarAngel
11-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Don't worry about it, I'm happy to help

You can't go far wrong with http://www.gijoehq.com or http://www.gijoeheaven.com if you're looking for vintage and modern, modern only try http://www.smalljoes.com or http://www.digital-toys.com all great sites, I only wish Smalljoes still took paypal as now I can't shop with them.

StephenMUK
11-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks very much for those links, those sites look great.

Falcone
11-22-2005, 01:10 AM
it doesnt cost much to ship to the UK from the states, that doesnt stop most dealers from charging high shipping though. I just sent a figure to europe for like 90 cents, and it would have cost about 60 cents if it was in the states. so shipping shouldnt be a big deal.

atlantic
11-22-2005, 04:29 AM
StephenMUK

I've just returned from Chicago myself and purchased all the 6 figure packs and the Moray Hydrofoil in the many TRU stores. I was disappointed that I couldn't find any comic packs though.

However I normally use smalljoes.com to purchase the modern figures. The shipping is quit expensive but still cheaper than buying the packs from eBay UK.

There's still alot of BTR packs in local stores here in the UK but I don't see them as true Joe.

Urban Saboteur
11-22-2005, 10:58 AM
:)..I'm from the UK.. I've been buying off ebay.com and GI JOE HQ.. both of which i recommend. I have purchased a few items from Ebay uk but like already mentioned in previous posts the sellers seem to charge an arm n leg for what they have.

I would definately recommend Joe HQ.. I've bought loads of stuff from there in the last few months and it stays quite well stocked too!

Anyhow.. hopefully see you about or if you want to email me. BTW.. Which part of England you live in Stephen?
I'm from Manchester.

Urban Saboteur
11-23-2005, 06:02 PM
:)..Hi Joe Fans.. So i got thinking..
Seeing as though this is a UK Collectors thread.. I was thinking of getting some of us together and organising a joe night.. where.. we could all sign on MSN Messenger at same time or Yahoo messenger or this forum?
Nem

StephenMUK
11-26-2005, 02:19 PM
I live down in West Sussex!

Your Joe night sounds like a pretty good idea though, we'll have to sort something out.

Urban Saboteur
11-26-2005, 02:43 PM
:)I'm on both Messenger services now!

West Sussex.. thats a way off!
I'm in Manchester.. but we could still organize something..
I'm online most nights at around 6 onwards on msn and yahoo messenger.

Urban Saboteur
11-26-2005, 02:52 PM
:)..Anyways.. I was thinking first if we could establish what everyones setup would be...
So like.. it takes about 10 mins max to setup a hotmail account. And to get messenger installed.. even if you had an earlier version it would be cool.

Then of course its a matter of getting people together at the right time.. i don't mind being the organizer. I was thinking we could have subjects to talk about.. like an agenda to discuss. On Messenger you can have people join the conversation.. so it literally would be a few of us at the same time talking.. It seems theres alot of support for Joes in the states but scarce support in the uk.. but that doesnt mean the uk shouldnt have or hold representatives..

I've been communicating with forum member Atlantic through PM .. can you get back to me on details of what system or setup you prefer to use?

I'm on both so i'm not particularly fussed. I've recently helped sign up a family member too.. he collects joes.. member name Big Boa.. if we can get a couple of us together i'm thinking joe night could bring back a few memories!!
Nem

WarAngel
11-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi

I'm also on MSN, if anyone would like to add me, feel free to pm me to ask.

Big Boa
11-27-2005, 04:55 AM
Yeah where gonna have to sort something out for this G.I Joe Night
Too bad Nems away on messenger at the moment by the way War angel have you got nems e-mail adrress?anyways this messenger night how about tonight at around six?Pm me if you want
Big Boa:cool:

WarAngel
11-27-2005, 05:01 AM
I'm not too sure if I'm busy tonight, if not, I'll try to be on.

I dont have Nem's email, sorry.

Big Boa
11-27-2005, 06:16 AM
Hey
War Angel try and go on messenger now Nems online and im having a conversation with him so if you go on it now i will invite you to our conversation
Big Boa

Urban Saboteur
11-27-2005, 06:18 AM
:)Yay!.. WarAngel my msn and yahoo ID's are on my profile. I've PM'd you as well.
If you can make it to messenger.. any UK member reading this be on messenger tonight at Eighteen hundred hours!
YOJOE!.. AND Cobra La!
Nem

G.I.*JOCK
11-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi guys, I'm Dave, a Joe collector from Bonnie Scotland! Based in Edinburgh, I find my best bet for Joes is ebay. Although TRU, Instores/Poundstretchers have some and sometimes Toyworld. At the moment it's mostly all BTR stuff, Sand Razors and HISS's! Asda USED to have millions...

The lack of stuff is fairly depressing... Fingers crossed Christmas brings some new Joes to the store... It happened last year...

Any other tips for finding figs and vehicles?

Cheers,

Dave

Urban Saboteur
11-28-2005, 04:39 PM
:)Welcome to the Forums GIJOCK!!

Theres a new poundsaver type store opened near me called allsorts.. lol but they stock toys.. I might check it out at weekend.. see if they have any old Joe stuff in there.

United Kingdom GI JOE Night

:)Okay calling all GI JOE Collectors from the UK. This Thursday Night from 18:00 Hours. Sign onto MSN Messenger and come and join the conversations.

My MSN ID Is: rawgenius2005@hotmail.co.uk

Its official ..I'd like to discuss all JOE Topics. From 1982-2005.. Figures and vehicles discussion also Comics video's and memorabilia.

UK Collectors add yourself to the Community members map.! And represent the United Kingdom and your area!

Hope to speak to you all soon on msn messenger.
Nem

atlantic
11-29-2005, 04:13 AM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it due to Christmas shopping commitments with the wife.

However I am curious to know if there are any UK collectors who own the USS Flagg. When Action Force was widely available in the late 80s I distinctly remember the USS Flagg being displayed in the big London toystore Hamleys.

I don't believe the toy itself was commercially available here in the UK but did some lucky Hamley's employee walk off with it after AF stopped being available?

andymort
11-29-2005, 05:33 AM
I remember seeing a Flagg at the Woolworths in Bath (when there WAS a Woolies here!) which was promoting a competition to win one. Unfortunately the most I got out of it was an entry form which is still probably in a drawer somewhere, which I kept as proof to my friends that it existed!

I just got back from living in NYC for a year, so the change from Joes everywhere to Joes nowhere is pretty depressing; I must have got hundreds of figures while I was there (DTC wave 1, Storm Shadow Unmasked...). I did find the Piranha Attack Boat w/Shipwreck and Patriot Grizzly (both US packaging) in my local newsagent, though -- they still have a few of each for £4.99 and £9.99 respectively.

I don't think I'll be able to make the chat on Thursday but I still wanted to stand up and say "My name's Andrew, and I'm a British G.I.Joe fan!"

Big Boa
11-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi guys, I'm Dave, a Joe collector from Bonnie Scotland! Based in Edinburgh, I find my best bet for Joes is ebay. Although TRU, Instores/Poundstretchers have some and sometimes Toyworld. At the moment it's mostly all BTR stuff, Sand Razors and HISS's! Asda USED to have millions...

The lack of stuff is fairly depressing... Fingers crossed Christmas brings some new Joes to the store... It happened last year...

Any other tips for finding figs and vehicles?

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave

I'd just like to say there is a million(well maybe not that much) links on this Website
Big Boa

P.S I am the Big Boa from Messenger:D

WarAngel
11-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Thursday nights kinda hard for me, unless it continues past 10.

I'm normally on msn but I've been quite busy the last few days.

Urban Saboteur
11-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Thursday nights kinda hard for me, unless it continues past 10. I'm normally on msn but I've been quite busy the last few days.

:D..Well.. in keeping with our regular scheduled program there are two members that stay on into the earlier hours. The other night i was on until 3am. Admittedly my attentions were diverted to ebay, Just making sure i was being honest.

:)Yes I start on msn at around 6pm.. But i am usually on messenger and the forums through until 1AM. Thats an average for me. BTW... I'd not expect anyone else to do this.. Just come on whenever you can and say hi!

I've been busy of late with practice paint sessions on two of my custom Joe characters. They are international heroes that both are from the United Kingdom. Codename:HORIZON is a Helicopter Pilot and
Codename: Black-Out is an Night Ops Airborn Assault Trooper. I'm practicing paint on these two before moving on to my joes for my dio.

Yojoe everyone!
Nem

Update.....

**** The Joe theme night is on now.. from 18:00 until late.. ****

Come and join us on msn if you are a uk collector. Sign onto msn and add me as a contact .. I will do the rest and invite you into the conversation.
My ID is rawgenius2005@hotmail.co.uk

G.I.*JOCK
12-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Hi guys. Thanks for the welcome one and all. Can't wait to get settled in and talk Joe with y'all! I have to say I'm looking forward to Joe Night too!

I do own a USS Flagg. To my understanding all that is missing is the radio unit, but I'm not in a hurry for that. It's a beast of a playset I have to say. It's also very cool. Truely ahead of its time. I also recently got a hold of a Defiant Complex and that is stunning too. Sometimes I wonder if these vehicles were really designed for kids though...

I'm uncertain how many other Flagg's are in the UK, but if you have a small fortune to spend (as it would probably cost that to buy and ship it) :D I'd recomend it highly!

G.I.*JOCK

WarAngel
12-02-2005, 05:12 AM
Sorry I wasn't on, I didn't get much free time last night, I should be on today.

My MSN screen name btw is Oceansoul, generally.

Its usually a Nightwish or a GI Joe ref' anyway.

Urban Saboteur
12-02-2005, 06:22 AM
Sorry I wasn't on, I didn't get much free time last night, I should be on today.

My MSN screen name btw is Oceansoul, generally.

Its usually a Nightwish or a GI Joe ref' anyway.

Hi War Angel,:)
So just to confirm.. are you oceansoul or dragonstrykes @msn.com?:confused:
It be great to speak to you finally on Messenger.
Nem

WarAngel
12-02-2005, 06:46 AM
I'm dragonstrykes@msn.com

I meant the name bit on the messenger screen.

I should be on tonight, I'm currently trying to get a lan to work, if I get that done, then I'll be on.

Urban Saboteur
12-02-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm dragonstrykes@msn.com
I meant the name bit on the messenger screen.
I should be on tonight, I'm currently trying to get a lan to work, if I get that done, then I'll be on.

Ah glad i got that sorted. :)..I wasn't sure. I had already added you as Dragonstrykes. So your name tag is Oceansoul. And a kewl name it is too!
Hope to speak to you on msn soon then.
Nem

Urban Saboteur
12-02-2005, 10:40 AM
:D.YOJOE!!...UK GIJOE Joe night went reasonably well last night. :(Altho it wasn't without hiccups as i think there was a problem on msn and some people had trouble connecting.

:)However i have scheduled an Agenda and will do my best to stick to this on the next Official GI JOE UK Collectors Discussion Night.
If you would like to take part it is on the 8th December 2005 ON MSN from 18:00 Onwards my ID on MSN is rawgenius2005@hotmail.co.uk Add me to your contacts and i will do the rest.

GIJOE UK Collectors Discussion Night
AGENDA-Topics for discussion

1. Sigma 6 - Plus and Minus. Great Figures Not So Great Figures. Thoughts
2. Hasbro re-releases and character versions.
3. DTC. Good/Bad Releases. Thoughts
4. DTC. Hasbro Toyshop Online. Only ship to United States.

Hope to the UK collectors there, YOJOE any problems PM me on forums or Email me at same address above. Check out my Members profile too!.
Nem

WarAngel
12-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Sounds good.

I'm still busy getting my lan to work.

routers are quite evil, I should be online tomorrow or sunday.

Urban Saboteur
12-03-2005, 08:14 AM
Sounds good.

I'm still busy getting my lan to work.

routers are quite evil, I should be online tomorrow or sunday.

:)Routers and money co existing in evilness!
No worries. I think i saw you online this morning. However your screename Oceansoul and status was set to away so i wasn't sure or not to contact you!

I've been busy this morning. Just got 30+ figures in from a deal i done in November. A couple of AB's were included so i am :D.
I have pic's which i would be glad to show on MSN sometime over the weekend. The deal has given a boost to my collection where needed!
Nem

Big Boa
12-03-2005, 10:42 AM
hey that doesn't matter war angel as long as u can get on:D

Bigtattoo
12-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Yay, more UK Joe fans. I knew there were a few on these forums but most rarely post. Its especially good to see another Jock here. Welcome tae yersel' big chap. Now all we need to do is coordinate our efforts and overthrow Hasbro, rename the Joes Action Force and Bobs your fathers brother.

Urban Saboteur
12-04-2005, 07:41 AM
Yay, more UK Joe fans. I knew there were a few on these forums but most rarely post. Its especially good to see another Jock here. Welcome tae yersel' big chap. Now all we need to do is coordinate our efforts and overthrow Hasbro, rename the Joes Action Force and Bobs your fathers brother.

:)..Yep.. I think seeing as though I am 8ft tall and have a HUGE!!!... Wingspan.. I should volunteer to lead our attack from the Skies.. Maybe GI JOCK and Boa could be our Ground Assault. Hmm.. we could do with volunteer for recon and observation?..
Anyways.. before this merciless slaughter begins on the forums.. Bigtatoo do you have MSN?.. I have emailed you privately off the forums. Many thanks for getting in touch and for continued support!
YAY Making AF great again!!
Nem

G.I.*JOCK
12-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Alright Bigtatoo!?!? Howz ye dayin bud? Cheers for the welcome! It's a relief to know I'm not the only Joe, or Jock here in bonnie Scotland. In five years, yer the first fellow scot I've met! I stay near Livingston and attend Napier Uni. As The big chief has asked (Nem) do you have MSN? I'd love to talk Joe with ye!

Yer plan sounds ideal. It's about time the Joe's were marketed right... I predict a riot like... As for AF? Bloody right! It may well work. One thing is for sure... Something needs to be done... And if its Sigma Sucks... Then Has-blow... Big time! If I seem them in shops before ARAH figures I will cry... like that time I went into Beatties to find Corps and no Joe's... A truely sad day!

Action Force would be great though, no more Joe's just unique figures which are independant of the Joe's and look out for the EU.

Believe it or not I missed out on a lot of the Palitoy stuff because I'm young, which is a shame, because I'm very fond of it, I've been trying hard to get some AF figures and I'm doing no bad. My Palitoy AF Whale is one of my faves though!

Anyway I'll leave it there because am starvin!

Cheers,

Dave

Bigtattoo
12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Alright Bigtatoo!?!? Howz ye dayin bud? Cheers for the welcome! It's a relief to know I'm not the only Joe, or Jock here in bonnie Scotland. In five years, yer the first fellow scot I've met! I stay near Livingston and attend Napier Uni.
Ahm no' too bad big chap. Very amused to find you are at Napier. I lived in the 'Burgh for 9 years and graduated from there in 2000.
If fact, I used to live right opposite Merchiston Campus. Small world.
Aye theres a few Jocks still live here, and I dont have an Aussie (or Irish) accent. Yet.

Bigtattoo
12-05-2005, 07:59 PM
:)..Yep.. I think seeing as though I am 8ft tall and have a HUGE!!!... Wingspan.. I should volunteer to lead our attack from the Skies.. Maybe GI JOCK and Boa could be our Ground Assault. Hmm.. we could do with volunteer for recon and observation?..
Nem
I would love to be involved. However, I dont think recon is my forte. At (just) over 6' and close to 20 stone I think i'd be ideal for frontal assault. Certainly part of the vanguard. Man, I've gotta get MSN.

Urban Saboteur
12-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Hello All!
I have decided to change the name of our theme nights.

Its now called the ACTION FORCE UK COLLECTORS DISCUSSION NIGHT ON MSN Schedule as above/before. And start time is 18:00 until late.

While I am on the subject i will be posting PM's to y'all to let you know tomorrow. Also i would like a head count, Even though it starts at 18:00 that will probably be the warm up and then get into the real stuff once everyones connected and in the same discussion.
So i need to know from this following members list on forum who's a definate and who's gonna be MIA or AWOL whatever.

1.Nem(Rich)C
2.GI JOCK(Dave)C
3.Big Boa(Chris W)C
4.Cyclone5uk(James)C
5.AndyMort(Andrew)C
6.BigTattoo(Chris E)C
7.StephenMuk(Stephen)C
8.War Angel (Ash) OceanSoul
9.Atlantic(Gordon) AWOL

I will come back and add a Bold C as confirmation for those that have replied either direct to thread to confirm they'll be signed on msn thursday night or replied to me by Private Message on forum.

Hope to speak to you all on Thursday Night.. FULL FORCE!!
Nem

cyclone5uk
12-06-2005, 04:40 AM
Count me in too!

On the subject of buying Joes in the UK - vintage stuff I get 100% from ebay UK sellers. I've nearly completed the 84, 85 and 86 figures and most of my favourite vehicles.

New stuff, smalljoes.com or Ebay US sellers. You have to look around, but you can find bargains - for example, I just got the Cobra infantry night watch 6 pack for £16 including postage.

StephenMUK
12-06-2005, 01:44 PM
I have no idea about MSN, but if one of you kind souls points me the way I'll be there.

That's a great deal for the Cobra Nightwatch pack Cyclone!!!It's usually about £25 on Ebay over here.

I saw a few older vehicles at TRU on Purley Way, Croydon on Sunday, but no figures I'm sorry to report.

I wonder if it's worth emailing HasbroUK to find out if they'll make the DTC stuff available over here - If someone hasn't done so already.

Urban Saboteur
12-06-2005, 05:05 PM
StephenMUK please email me at rawgenius2005@hotmail.co.uk.. I'll be able to contact you properly then!

Plus i can provide a link to msn/hotmail sign up.
http://join.msn.com/

Once signed up to both hotmail and msn messenger email me and i'll be in touch with a few helping tips/pointers on getting started.

andymort
12-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey, guys; I'm very much hoping to join in on Thursday, but I'll show up later in the evening. I just started a (temp) job that gets out at 5:30, and then there's the hour-or-so bus home, dinner, etc...

The job, along with a stinking cold (I lost my voice when the job is mostly using the 'phone...) have kept me off the 'net for the last few days, but I'm very much looking forward to being able to chat to some Joe fans who've had a similar experience with the hobby.

Full Force!

Urban Saboteur
12-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey, guys; I'm very much hoping to join in on Thursday, but I'll show up later in the evening. I just started a (temp) job that gets out at 5:30, and then there's the hour-or-so bus home, dinner, etc...

The job, along with a stinking cold (I lost my voice when the job is mostly using the 'phone...) have kept me off the 'net for the last few days, but I'm very much looking forward to being able to chat to some Joe fans who've had a similar experience with the hobby.

Full Force!

:DYerays!.. Congrats on Temp Job.. that leads to money.. and money leads to all things joe!
I've changed your status STORMER!.. You can refer to previous post Titled Name Change. Its required.^^ I have now Added A C next to your Member Name/First Name. Glad you signed up and welcome to the mission soldier!
Full Force!!
Nem

Big Boa
12-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Well Thursdays gone and man that was a good disscusion as i am sure nems
said this before but try and get your self on next thursday last thursday was a big hit and me, nem and everyone else will be looking forward to seeing you:D
Big Boa

Urban Saboteur
12-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Well.. A fantastic Turnout! For Thursdays Discussion Night!
I was surprised that it went so well what a fantastic start!!

The members that attended other than me(obviously) GI JOCK, BIG BOA, BIG TATTOO, CYCLONE5UK, ANDYMORT, STEPHENMUK AND WAR ANGEL!!

More of the same next week please!. Refer to the PM I have sent you via the forums!.
Cyclone5UK.. I cannot send you PM's for whatever reason you have them blocked or cannot receive them. You can ammend this problem in your User CP.

Action Force! UK Collectors Night-15/12/2005

Will be 18:00 onwards on MSN. UK Collectors don't miss out sign up to MSN Messenger and add my msn ID rawgenius2005@hotmail.co.uk I will then contact you and invite you into our discussion. If you would like to join/take part its usually best to sort this out before the night rather than on the day. Alternatively send me an email or PM.

We do have a mission to stick to Collectors as discussed in the last UK Collectors night. If anyone has any idea's or suggestions for next weeks agenda please forward them to me via PM or Email.

Hope to speak to you all next Thursday. Full Force!!
Nem

WarAngel
12-09-2005, 05:23 PM
It was fun, I'll try to make it next week.

andymort
12-09-2005, 05:51 PM
I need to learn to type faster...!

Got less than 3 hours sleep in the end but it was worth it :)

StephenMUK
12-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks to everyone in attendance last night. I really enjoyed myself, even if I wasn't in the long haul. I'm looking forward to next week already.

StephenMUK
12-10-2005, 08:55 AM
I've not used this facility yet but it maybe of use to those who wish to buy from the States but need a US address:

http://www.shopthestates.com/

Urban Saboteur
12-10-2005, 05:18 PM
:cool:..Thats very Usefull..Altho.. whats their catch.. surely they cannot offer this service for FREE!!:eek:..As how do they operate at a loss?

I'm interested certainly.. as it helps with what we discussed about purchasing from the US as a UK collector.

Thanks for the Intel Stephen it certainly helps with Mission.

Full Force!
Nem

Urban Saboteur
12-10-2005, 05:35 PM
:)Hello Collectors from UK.

I just got word from my Sister that my local TRU was selling some old stock about 2 years old.

So i got my moms to take me to TRU.. (As legally i cannot drive yet).. but hey.. I picked up four COBRA HISS 4's a Cobra Ringneck and a Joe Split Fire.. I was well pleased as TRU sold them cheap.

I have pic's on my space@msn.(below) Still waiting on my Royal Guard and 2 AV's, also my MOC Figures to arrive. Should be some time this week.. YAY!

Nem

StephenMUK
12-10-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure of the exact details, but they do charge a small fee. I'm looking at making a small purchase (a couple of the wave 3 DTC figures, are they out soon?) and see how I get on.

There are also lots of other things that are cheaper in the US too, so it may save some more money elsewhere so that you can buy even more Joes!

Sounds like you've had a result there Nem.That's pretty much the same stuff that they had at TRU down my way, but I really don't have space for more vehicles.

andymort
12-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Ringneck and Split Fire?! How much?! Any left?!

I don't have a TRU nearby even if I could drive!

Bigtattoo
12-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Yup, good night had by all. Look forward to the next discussion. Sore on the hands tho....

Urban Saboteur
12-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Ringneck and Split Fire?! How much?! Any left?!
I don't have a TRU nearby even if I could drive!

:)Nope. I bought pretty much what was there., Theres a HISS IV Left and az Sand Razor. I told my mum to check out the TRU @ Ancoats and see if they had any old stock left.
Heres to hope eh guys?

StephenMUK
12-12-2005, 05:20 PM
A quick question please guys:

What's the difference between G.I. Joe The Movie and G.I. Joe The Movie Special Edition?

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=r2title&searchstring=gi+joe&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Thanks!

andymort
12-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Arg. I have 4 HISS IVs already, and while I wouldn't turn another down, just to make an even bigger column of tanks (or two) I'd love the variety a Ringneck would provide. And the Split Fire looks like an interesting enough vehicle but the chance for a new character, Rampage, is the real draw. I just wouldn't use him alongside JvC Beach Head...!

I didn't even know these had been released in the UK. The most my local toy store ever got was the first wave of figures (you know, the one without any army builders), the Assault Quad, FANG III, Sand Razor and HISS IV. And then, to taunt me with thinking more was coming, the Conquest X-30. That was only about 8 quid, though, so I did get 3 :)

What I'm really looking for now is base/HQ stuff. I want to do some dio-stories and while I have the cast I'm lacking in sets. I've got the Battle Platform for the Joes, plus Checkpoint Alpha, Air Defense, Forward Observer and the Mortar set to give the Joes somewhere to be and just a Cobra Bunker for the bad guys! Wish I'd hung on to my cardboard Death Star...

WarAngel
12-12-2005, 05:51 PM
A quick question please guys:

What's the difference between G.I. Joe The Movie and G.I. Joe The Movie Special Edition?

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=r2title&searchstring=gi+joe&page=search&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Thanks!

50p, I think.

Sorry

I don't think theirs any real difference.

StephenMUK
12-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks for that ;) :)

Urban Saboteur
12-12-2005, 06:21 PM
:D..Hello AF & JOE Fans,
I'm doing a head count for this Thursday, I'd like a PM from all those that are interested in discussion night this thursday. I will be on probably from 6pm onwards however discussion of agenda won't really kick in until around 6:30pm.

So I do need a head count on who to expect?.. If your going to be slightly later than 6:30pm then thats cool just let me know in your message.

Latest Mission - Soldiers Confirmed.

1.Nemesis Enforcer [Confirmed]
2.GI JOCK[Confirmed]
3.StephenMUK [Confirmed]
4.Big Boa [Confirmed]
5.War Angel [Confirmed]
6.Cyclone5uk [Confirmed]
7.BigTattoo [Confirmed]

Full Force
Nemesis Enforcer

WarAngel
12-12-2005, 06:51 PM
I'll do my best to there.

Big Boa
12-13-2005, 10:37 AM
you can so count me in:D i was there last time and i'm gonna be there again!
Big Boa Does not miss out on butt whoopin!.....lol

Big Boa

cyclone5uk
12-13-2005, 05:00 PM
I should be there too

G.I.*JOCK
12-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Hey Stephen, I think one has another episode after the movie, and one doesn't, I think I maybe saw that on Amazon ages ago, or a site like it, I'm sure it wasn't play... I think the episode was called "There's no place like Springfield" or something like it... I wonder if theres a Crimson Guard uniform hanging in Homer's closet?

G.I.*Jock

Urban Saboteur
12-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Okay AF soldiers/Fans..
Topics for tomorrow nights discussion are..

1. If You were given responsibility for restructure of the next Joe N Cobra wave or a complete overhaul which 5 characters would you release first. Five picked for each team. You can include a Leader if you would like. So think of it as your own wave release..
2. What in your opinion has been the best year from hasbro for vehicle releases? Also might want to think of 3 important vehicles for that year just to sort of backup your decision?
3. International/UK filecard variants..and birthplace changes. (discussed more indepth on discussion) basically the filecards released in Uk were altered to show certain figures being born in places in UK.. wales, scotland, england etc.. when the other releases in US show alternate birthplaces.. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this tomorrow night.
4. If you were a GI JOE General or Leader as it were which vehicle would you choose for a base and why.. also which craft would you use for air support and which would you use for short range recon scouting missions.

Those are my 4 topics and there will no doubt be other suggestions (i'm hoping for things to discuss by the other soldiers too!

Lets make the 3rd Joe Night a good un Soldiers. "Up and at em! Full Force"
Nem

Urban Saboteur
12-16-2005, 08:46 AM
:D..Well done to all the troops in attendence..
thanks for making AF/GIJJoe discussion night, I really hope you all got your points across and managed to reconnect with uk collectors once more.
If any of you are having difficulty in getting in contact with a particular member... maybe an incorrect email or ID then let me know.. I'll try and sort it out.
Out stayed last weeks performance by 30-40 minutes discussion night started around 6:00pm and ended around 3:40 AM woo hoo..
We discussed lots last night... more topics or certain ones were spicier than others.. We discussed a release of a Hasbro two pack which i will of course discuss in a private email off the forums.. adressed to all members.
We also discussed topics 1-3 from the agenda. We can discuss topic four next thursday.. if any members have any concerns contact me on my email address from my member profiles..
Full Force!!
NEMESIS ENFORCER

StephenMUK
12-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Hey Stephen, I think one has another episode after the movie, and one doesn't, I think I maybe saw that on Amazon ages ago, or a site like it, I'm sure it wasn't play... I think the episode was called "There's no place like Springfield" or something like it... I wonder if theres a Crimson Guard uniform hanging in Homer's closet?

G.I.*Jock

Thanks for that - I've put an order in so hopefully it'll arrive before Christmas.

I've also placed an order at www.hasbrotoyshop.com (hopefully), so I wonder if I'll get my Joes??

JoeSchmoe
12-16-2005, 05:44 PM
There was a limited edition of the movie on video in `88 featuring "Sink the Montana."
The DVD special edition has NO extra features despite being listed as having them.

WarAngel
12-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Sorry, I didn't make it on thursday, didn't have much free time to myself.

Urban Saboteur
12-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Sorry, I didn't make it on thursday, didn't have much free time to myself.

:DNo apologies needed War Angel If you couldn't get the free time to yourself thats fair enough but hey Maybe you could see some free time coming up this thursday?.. I sent you a few emails off forum to your email address to let you know what was discussed on thusday night. Not the same as being there but hey at least you get some insight.

I hope to make joe uk discussion night a regular Thursday. Next week will be our fourth and final discussion night in its trial period. I hope to see everyone there!
NEMESIS ENFORCER

Bigtattoo
12-17-2005, 09:06 PM
I hope to make joe uk discussion night a regular Thursday. Next week will be our fourth and final discussion night in its trial period. I hope to see everyone there!
NEMESIS ENFORCER
Im all for that. Its been great fun and I hope it continues way beyond the original trial period.

StephenMUK
12-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Count me in for the long haul too - even if I'm not one of those who are in for the night shift - 3.40am!!!!

Plus can I suggest a topic for next week?

Urban Saboteur
12-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Count me in for the long haul too - even if I'm not one of those who are in for the night shift - 3.40am!!!!
Plus can I suggest a topic for next week?

:D Hey Stephen Yeah sure .. suggest away.. PM me and I will add to the agenda.. then.. when discussion night comes round I'll mention the next topic and if you like pass u over and you can ask away or mention what it is you'd like to discuss. If you would like me to mention it for you then no probs.. just let me know.. i just like to see peeps get a pat on the back for contributions to the discussion.

That goes for anyone else with topic or discussion idea's PM me first and let me know and i'll be sure to try and mention it during discussion night. :-)
Full Force!!
Nemesis Enforcer

Urban Saboteur
12-18-2005, 02:26 PM
:D Fans of Military Aircraft I recommend watching This program.

Its on tomorrow on the Discovery Wings Channel at 18:00PM in the evening and its repeated again at 22:00 tomorrows program focuses on the F-16 Fighting Falcon and the Mig 21.

I just thought I'd refer this to those that have an interest in the Military Aircraft.
Bye For Now
Nem

Big Boa
12-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I'min Nem:D

WarAngel
12-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Again, I'll try my best to be there but the group I hang around with on thursday is having a kinda Christmas party so I can't guarrantee anything, sorry.

Urban Saboteur
12-23-2005, 09:14 PM
:)..Well Thursday went well (Lie mode cancelled).. :confused: Where was everyone. There were alot of unfulfilled promises (insert bad joke here).

Okay.. We managed to cover the other topics that wasn't covered from the last discussion night.

I was disappointed with the turnout. Especially after me mentioning that it would literally be the last one of the year. I can expect this though as its very close to Xmas and lots of people have other things on their mind.

:)No Worries!. I hope to see you all in two weeks time on the 5th January on Thursday. I wont be hosting a discussion on MSN next thursday.
I will be posting at some point in the future with a schedule or agenda to discuss on the 5th.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my AF Discussion Uk Collectors Members!! :D

StephenMUK
12-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Sorry Nem, my Christmas shopping trip turned out to be a pretty long winded affair.

I'm sure that more of us will be about in the New Year.

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all get the Joes you're after!!!

WarAngel
12-25-2005, 09:02 PM
meep, I wasn't too well on thursday.

I'll be on for the last part of the next one, all being well as I said I'm quite busy during thursday evening.

See you all then hopefully.

Urban Saboteur
12-26-2005, 09:39 PM
:D..What did everyone get?

I got some shower stuff for Christmas.. mind you I need it don't I... with me being made/raised from a pile of dead things..:).. I did get something JOE this Christmas:D.. My sister got me a Piranha attack boat.. which I immediately set up and put in the bath!!.. Woo Hoo.. can't wait until summer time.. gonna try it in one of those circular paddling pools..
I've got a ton of stuff expected in.. My Tomahawk, My Skystriker my 10 ordered figs from Joe HQ and.. the other night I won a complete Hydrofoil.. although.. I haven't received the invoice for that yet..
Yup January is going to be a busy month..
So what did you get..
Nem

WarAngel
12-27-2005, 07:13 PM
I got nothing Joewise.

Well, I got money which will buy joe but thats it.

StephenMUK
12-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Great haul Nem :)

I didn't get any Joes for Christmas, but that was no real surprise.

Urban Saboteur
01-01-2006, 07:57 AM
:D..Hello Welcome to the New Year Everyone!

As promised I will be hosting a Discussion Night On Msn this Thursday 5th January from 19:00pm onwards.

However to welcome the new year in it will be a little more .. Informal.. laid back and relaxed with no specific agenda. Just a good friendly chat covering a wide range of subjects.

IM me on MSN or PM me to the Forum if you would like to join. All existing AF Members I'll speak to you on the night!

Happy New Year to all the AF UK Discussion Members!

Nem

Big Boa
01-01-2006, 01:57 PM
I'll be there Nem sorry i couldn't be there last time cus i wunt feeling to good either:D Boa

WarAngel
01-01-2006, 04:13 PM
I'll try my best to be on for it.

StephenMUK
01-01-2006, 06:09 PM
I'll do my best too - I start my new job this week and it finishes at 5.30pm (hopefully) so I should be around 6.30ish :)

Happy New Year everyone :)

Big Boa
01-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey every one happy new year to all!
christmas was good a Hiss Tank IV with a neo viper and a joe copter with wild bill, Recondo and Sand Viper couldn't believe it my joe collection is really building up i have thirty i think it could be more. I also ordered a shadow strike complete storm shadow complete and a firefly complete with file card all under £10!
Hope Everyone else had a christmas and new year:D
a very pleased and satisfied Boa:D

starrcommand
01-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey are any of you guys willing to do me a favor and work as a go between for me between the UK and USA?

I can also do this for you guys if your willing and there is anything you guys are interested in over here you cant find or get shipped to you. If you guys are email me or PM me.

Thanx
Dave

Urban Saboteur
01-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Hey are any of you guys willing to do me a favor and work as a go between for me between the UK and USA?
I can also do this for you guys if your willing and there is anything you guys are interested in over here you cant find or get shipped to you. If you guys are email me or PM me.
Thanx
Dave

Pimping yourself on the thread?..:D..Seriously though what do you have in mind Starcommnand?
Visit my profile and either email or PM me and we'll have a chat.
Thanks for posting to the forum.
All the best
Nem

Bigtattoo
01-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Not been on for a while. Glad to see this thread is still running. nem- great youve decided to keep the Thurs night thang. Ill see u all there.

Urban Saboteur
01-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Not been on for a while. Glad to see this thread is still running. nem- great youve decided to keep the Thurs night thang. Ill see u all there.

Hi Lad (BigTattoo),
What happened?.. Well done to Oceansoul, GIJOCK, Stormer and Big Boa for turning up for the latest discussion night.. it was great to chat to ya'll again!
Nem

Bigtattoo
01-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi Lad (BigTattoo),
What happened?.. Well done to Oceansoul, GIJOCK, Stormer and Big Boa for turning up for the latest discussion night.. it was great to chat to ya'll again!
Nem
What happened? My router packed in thats what. By the time Id fixed it was in no mood to chat. Glad I never chucked my lappy through the window. Will be there next week.

Urban Saboteur
01-08-2006, 02:35 AM
What happened? My router packed in thats what. By the time Id fixed it was in no mood to chat. Glad I never chucked my lappy through the window. Will be there next week.

:D..Most definately BigTattoo .. hope to speak with you again on Thursday..I'm also glad you didn't throw your laptop through the window..Say Jocl always has problems with his router too?... :confused:..Wonder if its the Shadow Viper trying to disconnect the scottish contingent from the discussion?:p
NEM

WarAngel
01-08-2006, 06:00 PM
My routers totally evil, so I know the feeling.

Urban Saboteur
01-11-2006, 11:56 PM
:D Just a reminder to let ya'll know that tonights discussion goes ahead. Most probably from 7pm onwards.

Heres the Agenda.
1.Hasbro Picks up all of Marvel?.. The discussion of how it impacts on Joes?
2.Colour Schemes of Cobra's Soldiers/Officers.. Favourite colours.. Blue's Red's Greys..etc
3.Favourite & Least Favourite UK Filecard alteration: new name/date of birth etc..
4.Things you have done to Figures you now regret.. losses, destruction.. trades..
5.Secret Topic. To Be discussed with UK members.

Thanks
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN

G.I.*JOCK
01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
I hate routers... All routers... Especially Netgear routers... :D

Mine disconnects me from the internet every night at 12am. (1am when the clocks change for daylights savings time!)

I think it's beyond Mainframe and Sgt Hacker... But Firewall? Hmmm... She's a lovely lady so I might ask her to help :D

Dave

Bigtattoo
01-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Thats the first trouble Ive ever had from my router.
Bit suspicious of it now tho.
I think getting out a hammer and leaving it next to it for a few days seems to have done the trick tho...
Jock, u should try. Make sure its a BIG hammer.

The Baron
01-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Sorry to barge in, fellas, but was this ever answered?

Are there any UK online dealers that you can recommend?
Have you been to http://www.actionforcetoys.com?

Urban Saboteur
01-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Sorry to barge in, fellas, but was this ever answered?
Have you been to http://www.actionforcetoys.com?

Good call.. :)..I actually don't think it was answered.. I buy all my stuff from US websites or off ebay..
Go on then.. I'll check that place out soon enough.. thanks Baron!
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN

Urban Saboteur
01-14-2006, 10:05 PM
:D..Hello Guys..
I got to thinking about the Action Force Team members.. and how the team changed when JOE came on the scene in the late 80's.

I plan on collecting just selective stuff from the AF range. The reason I moved onto Action Force in 87 from Star Wars was primarily the Swivel Arm Battle Grip..so because of this I know for sure I wont be buying into the Ironblood figures and the very early straight arm and straight leg dudes.
For this reason I also wont be collecting the Straight Arm 82 figures from Joe either.

However I think when I finally get my joe verse running.. I will use my JOE team to defend american soil and the Action Force team to defend Europe.. excluding Russia.. which will be dealt with by the Oktober Guard :D..

Having given this some thought.. I was wondering what AF's original setup was..Who was the actual leader in the UK?
I know with the earlier figures.. from what I can tell.. they had Q-Force and SAS.. who was there overall commander?
Also I'd like help with Identifying the MOS.. for the other figures.. the information on Yojoe is sparse where the UK stuff is concerned.. or am I to assume that the Figure came with a vehicle and thats there only operating speciality?
For Instance.. Blades came with the SAS Helicopter.. so I am to assume he is a Helicopter Pilot.. but theres no Filecard links on yojoe.. theres countless others too.. such as Dolphin, Moondancer & Hunter..
Many thanks for any help
NEM

The Baron
01-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi Nem, I could answer all your questions for you in one lengthy post, but that would deny you the fun of browsing www.actionforce.org and www.bloodforthebaron.com!!!

Urban Saboteur
01-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Hi Nem, I could answer all your questions for you in one lengthy post, but that would deny you the fun of browsing www.actionforce.org (http://www.actionforce.org) and www.bloodforthebaron.com (http://www.bloodforthebaron.com)!!!

:D..Thanks Baron.. I already knew of actionforce.org but I've now bookmarked the bloodforthebaron.com website.. thanks for this.. I'll have loads of fun.. browsing.. FYI I also just PM'd you...:p
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN

skyline
01-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Hi, I am in the UK, and is no longer collecting joes I have pretty much every thing from the USS FLAGG upto some argen 7 items and moc early funskool figs, fell free to e-mail me all is for sale, and viewing is avl, I also have a few items on e-bay id SKYLINE128 as you will see every thing is very well priced.

Urban Saboteur
01-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Hi, I am in the UK, and is no longer collecting joes I have pretty much every thing from the USS FLAGG upto some argen 7 items and moc early funskool figs, fell free to e-mail me all is for sale, and viewing is avl, I also have a few items on e-bay id SKYLINE128 as you will see every thing is very well priced.

Hello Skyline!,
So you not going to link us up? :(.. have you got a webpage or anything with pic's of the stuff your selling?
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN.

Big Boa
01-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey everyone
My tenth post!
yeah i know its not many but with me bein 11 an all ive been tied down with schoolwork
anyway enough about me
Welcome Starrcommand, The Baron and skyline!

Boa:D

skyline
01-19-2006, 04:13 PM
I havnt nem, but if you e-mail me your wants I could send pics of what I have or if you are local (Basingstoke) give me a bell and you can come and have a look.

Urban Saboteur
01-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Hello All,
As for last nights discussion thanks to all those that attended. I was a little beat come 12O'clock so my apologies for leaving early.

Next Thursdays discussion night is still to go ahead. I will contact you all shortly in an private email off the forum regarding this.
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN.

Bigtattoo
01-20-2006, 01:24 PM
first off- congrats Wee Boa.
I know how you feel about reaching a posting milestone. I recently passed 200 and briefly contemplated posting to mention it!
Re: the forum last night.
I need to arrive earlier- it seems when I join most have left. That said we stayed on until nearly 04:00 last night. I hope Stormer made his work.
It was great to see Starrcommand there, as well as Nem, Jock and the regulars. See you all next week.

andymort
01-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Made it, although I had one of my fastest ever showers after turning the alarm off thinking it was on snooze...

Felt oddly awake during the day, apart from my usual drifting around unconsciousness on the bus rides. There is something to be said for starting the day with a large Mocha from Cafe Nero (2 shots of espresso in those things).

I had a good time chatting last night; liked Boa's action shots a lot. I was thinking maybe we could all do some similar stuff, those of us with access to a digital camera or webcam, and have that as one of our agenda things one night? Like an exhibition. Not fancy dios, unless we really wanted to, just a quick thing for a bit of fun. We could open a photobucket account or something to be our gallery :)

Urban Saboteur
01-21-2006, 01:48 AM
I had a good time chatting last night; liked Boa's action shots a lot. I was thinking maybe we could all do some similar stuff, those of us with access to a digital camera or webcam, and have that as one of our agenda things one night? Like an exhibition. Not fancy dios, unless we really wanted to, just a quick thing for a bit of fun. We could open a photobucket account or something to be our gallery :)

Hey.. I just realised thats a great idea.. does it cost money to sustain a photobucket account?
It would be great to have a little exhibition going.. I would probably put My AV's on there for a starters!
Great Idea Stormer!
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN.

Big Boa
01-21-2006, 04:03 AM
Yeah
Great idea and thanks for the compliment
He also told me this when i showed him my pics
I think we should do this i'll try and get some shots in too
for next week i'll try and get Kangor in one of them!

Great Idea Stormer!
Boa:D

andymort
01-21-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm pretty sure photobucket is, or was, free. If not, any of those free picture-hosting sites would do. If anyone else has any suggestions of a good one, let us know!

Urban Saboteur
01-21-2006, 07:31 PM
:D..Full force Yojoe Everyone!,
I just got us a photobucket account set up. :p

The website link is here please save to your bookmarks
http://www.photobucket.com/
I will be emailing ya'll the username and password so we can all share our photo's whether it be dio's figures, vehicles or just plain goofing about.

The main menu from sign in I have created 4 sub folders. We could perhaps create more..but I was using the first additional ones as examples.

1) Dio's and stories.-Test shots for up and coming dio's your working on.. maybe you have created a short story with pictures and want to show them off?

2) Figures - This can be for customs figures.. or just a selection of men you have posed in front of the camera.. either way if you've just got a newly acquired figure and want to show him off upload him in this section.

3) Vehicles - One of my fav's I will like this section. Maybe you are stockpiling on HISS vehicles?.. Just got a holy grail you want to share with us?.. Customs vehicles are also welcome here.

4) UK Members - Done something outrageous?.. got a nose piercing or really bad fight with the lawnmower and lost?..or just a few intro pics to show us UK members what you look like.. come on don't be scared now!

Please be sure to upload photo's to there correct folders.. if you want to create your own subname folder for your own collection then please do so.

Thanks to Stormer for creating this idea.. LMK what ya'll think.. I'll be emailing you password details very soon. :-)
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN.

Bigtattoo
01-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Aaargh- this is a GREAT idea lads. ( nice 1 Andrew). im just annoyed I cant contribute, yet. thamks for setting this up Nem, cant wait to see the results.
ps Nem- piercings are maybe not the best idea. If I post any of mine itd scare the lot of u!

Urban Saboteur
01-22-2006, 04:54 AM
Aaargh- this is a GREAT idea lads. ( nice 1 Andrew). im just annoyed I cant contribute, yet. thamks for setting this up Nem, cant wait to see the results.
ps Nem- piercings are maybe not the best idea. If I post any of mine itd scare the lot of u!

:confused:.Why?.. Can't you contribute? Even so .. you can always contribute by posting your thoughts to this here forum.. be good for suggestions I am certain Jock has some kewl photo's from his collection to share.
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN.

skyline
01-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi guys I am going to be on msn messenger the whole day (Sunday) if you want to buy or talk joes. my id is skyline51@ntlworld.com

Urban Saboteur
01-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Great News,
I just spent some time looking at my available pics and selected the best ones. The following vehicles have been added to the vehicles folder of the photobucket account.
Cobra Moray Hydrofoil, Cobra Night Raven S3P Recon Jet, Action Force Conquest X-30, GI JOE Skystriker XP-14F Combat Jet.
I have added a pic of me in the Members section. Check out the pics and if any UK AF members have their contributions please feel free to add.:p
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN

:D ..Thanks to Boa by the way.. he pointed out that my recent email stated our photobucket account name was UFAKCollectors .. which would of course explain why the account wasn't working.. :confused: .. But Its not that.. I just typed incorrectly.. same password as per email.. but our account name is UKAFCollectors.. that should work...UFAK.. what was I thinking..:rolleyes:

andymort
01-26-2006, 07:46 AM
I've put the most recent picture I have of myself in the photobucket account, so now you can all see what I looked like in late 2003...

I've been taking pics of some figures I'm going to be putting on eBay this week; it took me a whole night to set them up in decent enough light and take the pics, then another night selecting the best ones to use and then cropping/cleaning them, so I didn't have time to take pics of my actual collection yet. I'll be putting the eBay ones on photobucket tonight just so I've got something on there (after coming up with the idea!) and you can all criticise my photography skills, posing of figures, and estimate how much/little I'll get for them...!

Everyone/anyone still on for tonight? I've got another idea for a discussion topic :)

Urban Saboteur
01-27-2006, 06:14 AM
:D..Well.. A big thank you to those that shown up last night..
There were many interesting points made.. about vehicle drivers.. and Joe Reality etc..
I hope to see more in attendence next thursday. I am aware Boa missed the discussion night last night.. cos he was suffering from New Figure Syndrome..:D..maybe he can tell us all about it in his next post?

Not sure about the others.. Oceansoul, BigTattoo etc.. they are usually attendees.. but failed to show.. and reported AWOL.. oh well..
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN

Big Boa
01-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey Guys

I just posted a butt load of photos on our account even one of myself
Hope you like em!:D

G.I.*JOCK
01-30-2006, 05:33 AM
Hey fellow Joes! I had a wee idea for the photobucket account. Joe-alikes, a specific folder where we can upload pictures of a Joe and a celebrity or even our selves which share a likeness, it should be good for a laugh? What do you guys think?

Dave

Urban Saboteur
01-30-2006, 05:45 AM
Hey fellow Joes! I had a wee idea for the photobucket account. Joe-alikes, a specific folder where we can upload pictures of a Joe and a celebrity or even our selves which share a likeness, it should be good for a laugh? What do you guys think?
Dave

Oh wow.. excellent Idea Jock!.. I'll create photobucket folder.. and maybe you could start us off with an example?
The results of this should be fun!
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN.

Big Boa
01-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Great Idea Jock I can't think of anyone to put one but i'lll keep trying
Oh and Go Nem for nearly getting 200 posts! Round of applause for Nem and Jock!:D :cool:

G.I.*JOCK
01-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Hehe thanks guys, I'm glad its been well received so far! I did add an example, I hope everyone agrees!

Dave

Urban Saboteur
01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Yojoe!!
Just so you are all aware.. theres a seperate discussion night this week. No obligation to show.. on MSN. Its tomorrow night.. from around the usual time at (7pm).. onwards.. I'll be inviting anyone and everyone who wants to discuss joe.. so that includes our american buddies too!

I've discussed this on the mailing list and there should be some american joe fans there too!
Hope to see as many there as possible to represent the UK!!
Wow.. 200 Posts.. And I've only been a member for a few months.. :p
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN

andymort
02-02-2006, 07:55 AM
It was fun to have the trans-Atlantic chat last night; good having a large number of people on at once again!

I need to find suitable pics, but Super Sonic Fighters Zap is meant to be Clark Gable, right? And is Hawk (pre-talking mold) meant to be Cary Grant? I always thought there was too much similarity to be coincidence...

Urban Saboteur
02-03-2006, 12:03 PM
:DDefinately.. Fun.. there was also a good deal of trading to be done..

The aim of the discussions is to provide a quality discussion or chat base for people to share experiences and ideas for projects and help each other out.. if that means trades then so be it.. I hope to see everyone taking part as much as possible.. if you cannot meet up on a Wednesday night the Thursday night chat is still open.
If there are any newbies from UK or US that would like to take part in the discussions/chats and aren't sure on sign up or anything just click my profile and send me an email or PM I'll do what I can to help.
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN.

Urban Saboteur
02-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Just a quick update.. I have posted my custom figures to my webspace and updated our UK Collectors photobucket account :D
Be sure to check them out. I am getting close to my target of £110.00 for my digital camera.. woo hoo.. dio pics soon I promise.. :p
Nemesis Enforcer Fan

andymort
02-08-2006, 06:25 PM
I just put a few pics in my folder in the figures section...

Some pics Nem's been waiting to see for a while. They're not all GI Joe, although they ARE all figures, and 2 of the 4 feature a Joe figure, mainly for scale purposes...

Urban Saboteur
02-09-2006, 08:59 AM
:D..Hey Man,
Cool Pictures.. The scale of the Sentinel to the V1 BAT is great.. some interesting pictures there stormer.
I was speaking with alwaysoutfront last night.. I've PM'd you regarding msn discussion.

MSN Internet Joe Discussion Nights are held regularly on a Wednesday & Thursday Night. From 6pm until late. Time is -6 hours GMT.

If you would be interested in joining us on either discussion night simply PM me or send me an email. You must have MSN or Hotmail account so I can invite you into the chat window.

Many Thanks
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
02-11-2006, 03:26 PM
'Lo there all,
Not been around for a while.
It was great to finally catch up and have a chat with you all.
I may not be as regular an attender as I used to be but rest assured Im still fully commited 2 the mission. Nem- got 2 things to say, first great going with the Game, cant wait for it to start.
And- youve got more posts that me! And in half the time!
Im both impressed and a little envious. lol

Urban Saboteur
02-13-2006, 02:05 PM
'Lo there all,
Not been around for a while.
It was great to finally catch up and have a chat with you all.
I may not be as regular an attender as I used to be but rest assured Im still fully commited 2 the mission. Nem- got 2 things to say, first great going with the Game, cant wait for it to start.
And- youve got more posts that me! And in half the time!
Im both impressed and a little envious. lol

:DYes it was great to finally catch up with you too Big Chief! Thanks for your support. Don't worry too much about the chats.. as I say me an a few others are always online so just join in when you get the time. I can't wait for the battlezone game to start either. This should be great. I do have alot of posts for such a small amount of time. I put it down to not being in full time employment and dedicating almost every waking hour to the cause that is GI Joe.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Big Boa
02-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Can i just say wow i mean me and nem joined at almost the same time
and he's surpassed big tattoo!:eek: Man i've hardly reached 20!:(
I too can't wait for the game and am looking forward to tonights chat across the globe:cool: :D

andymort
02-20-2006, 07:32 PM
I have a paltry post count...

But I do have new pics up in the photobucket account! In my folder in the figures section - everything there is for sale, and will be on eBay at some point soon-ish...!

http://photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Stormer%20AndyMort/

Big Boa
02-21-2006, 04:23 AM
Cobra!

I've just posted some pics on photo bucket:D
some of you have seen them before but i realized that they were not on there so i put them on
http://photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Boas/?sc=1
Enjoy
Hey does anyone have any cheap nightcreepers that i can buy? I need two more for my Dio Story
Oh yeah cheers for the scarlett stormer!

Urban Saboteur
02-21-2006, 12:09 PM
:D..Don't forget UK fans.. Theres also other sub folders to add pictures to as well. The vehicles and UK Collectors need some more updates and the act like a joe competition is still going on.
I will soon be adding some pictures to the photobucket account of my figures from my collection. As well as vehicles too.

UK Collectors if you are new to Yojoe. Check out our msn discussion night which takes place on a thursday night (UK Time). We welcome all new members and always enjoy chatting to fellow UK Joe/AF Collectors. If you would like to join in and would like further information please PM or email me.

NemesisEnforcerFan

andymort
02-21-2006, 04:25 PM
I do want to take pics of my actual collection, I just haven't had the right opportunity to get outside to set them up (I much prefer natural light). And now my dad's gone skiing for a fortnight and taken the digital camera with him...

I did manage to get those pics in the photobucket account, though, and I've now got another 9 or so figures listed on eBay. Username andymort on eBay too, if anyone's interested...

Big Boa
03-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Its been a while since we all posted here its usually all going on in the Battle Zone talk! I've finaly surpassed 30 yay!:p

Urban Saboteur
03-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Its been a while since we all posted here its usually all going on in the Battle Zone talk! I've finaly surpassed 30 yay!:p

Yay you've passed 30.. I'll start off by saying yes .. it still is going on in the battlezone thread.. I've recently received my :cool:.. looking Ice Sabre.. unfortunately some parts were damaged it appears during shipping.. which I wasn't to thrilled about.. I got Backblast Figure this morning through the post.. including filecard complete with all accessories.
I'm still awaiting my Chinook Helicopter for Horizon and, my Cobra Wolf with 2 Ice Vipers..
I'll be posting pics of both vehicles on the AF UK Collectors photobucket account.
Cheers
NemesisEnforcerFan

Big Boa
03-06-2006, 02:11 PM
--deleted--

Bigtattoo
03-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Hey there Boa. Ive dealt with Gijoe HQ several times.
His Yojoe ID is Bigfan. It was likely just a mistake. PM him (or get Nem to do it.) ps- congrats on the 30 mark. Youll catch Nem and I soon.

Urban Saboteur
03-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Well i'm still waiting for something as well Nem! Remember that FireFly Figure I got from Joe HQ Nem? It was supposed to come with a file card but it didn't!:mad: I'm really annoyed!:mad:

Boa its not intentional, Curt has been real busy lately.. I think he has a store opening up. I've checked the Account and it does indeed say that Firefly should have a filecard with him.
As bigtattoo said.. its probably an error.. send a PM to him his ID is bigfan.. on the forums.. and just mention it to him.. ask him to send the filecard along with my next order and I'll pass it to you.
You shouldn't post a message like that without first contacting the seller to see if they can resolve the problem. I think your title is rather harsh and unjust.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Big Boa
03-06-2006, 02:35 PM
ps- congrats on the 30 mark. Youll catch Nem and I soon.

I doubt that Big tattoo and cheers for the advice!:D

Big Boa
03-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Boa its not intentional, Curt has been real busy lately.. I think he has a store opening up. I've checked the Account and it does indeed say that Firefly should have a filecard with him.
As bigtattoo said.. its probably an error.. send a PM to him his ID is bigfan.. on the forums.. and just mention it to him.. ask him to send the filecard along with my next order and I'll pass it to you.
You shouldn't post a message like that without first contacting the seller to see if they can resolve the problem. I think your title is rather harsh and unjust.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Sorry your right i didn't really think. My title is harsh and unjust. I wont do it again.And yeah i'll PM him soon!

BIGFAN
03-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Well i'm still waiting for something as well Nem! Remember that FireFly Figure I got from Joe HQ Nem? It was supposed to come with a file card but it didn't!:mad: I'm really annoyed!:mad:

all that for a filecard....

why do people not email the sellers?

sigh

Urban Saboteur
03-06-2006, 03:14 PM
all that for a filecard....

why do people not email the sellers?

sigh

It could have something to do with inexperience.. :p
I have spoken with boa regards to the handling of this matter.. he reassures me that he'll PM you soon.
As for the store.. congratulations on getting this up and running.. I am really excited for you. Well Done Bigfan!!
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
03-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Hehe..
Okay guys.. back on topic..
As some of you might know I have been working on my very own International Action Force unit.
My first two members Horizon & Black Out have been a success. My 3rd member is Communications Specialist SWITCH.
He's the guy that hooks up the guys out in the field with HQ. Once contact is made.. its then the job of Horizon getting to them in the chinook..

Again I must stress these are based on GIJOE type 3 3/4 figures.. but based as my UK International Action Force Unit.
Heres the links.
Action Force Trio
http://photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Custom%20Figures/?sc=1&multi=1&addtype=local&media=image&test=test
Horizon
http://photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Custom%20Figures/Horizon/
Black Out
http://photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Custom%20Figures/Black%20Out/
Switch
http://photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Custom%20Figures/Switch/

As Always let me know what you think. Bye
NemesisEnforcerFan

Kemaleon
03-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Er, hi.
not sure this is the right place, but the heading 'UK Collectors' led me here, and you guys seem nice so i'm sure you'll help me out.

Childhood G.I.Joe/AF fan, had loads of stuff which has mostly (and sadly) been sold a long time ago. Still have a couple of bits and moving soon, so i wanna find a collector near me to 'donate' to.
Free to a caring home, nothing much worth selling, but might help an avid collector.

You know of any collectors in S.E.London? or close?
close enough?

Thanks, love the site, makes me wish i was a kid again, (but with the wages i earn now!)

-Kem

Urban Saboteur
03-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Er, hi.
not sure this is the right place, but the heading 'UK Collectors' led me here, and you guys seem nice so i'm sure you'll help me out.
Childhood G.I.Joe/AF fan, had loads of stuff which has mostly (and sadly) been sold a long time ago. Still have a couple of bits and moving soon, so i wanna find a collector near me to 'donate' to.
Free to a caring home, nothing much worth selling, but might help an avid collector.
You know of any collectors in S.E.London? or close?
close enough?
Thanks, love the site, makes me wish i was a kid again, (but with the wages i earn now!)
-Kem

Hello.
If your down for it.. get me a p&p quote for what you have. I am In Manchester, Uk and would love the opportunity to offer the joes a suitable home.
I could either send you a Paypal payment for the postage or.. alternatively a Postal Order.
There are a few from the South that visit the boards .. but not very often.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
03-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Doh, Sorry Kem
I also forgot to mention theres a member on the forums called Atlantic.. he's based in London.. whereabouts I am not totally sure.. but he might be able to help you out. ;)
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
03-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Well lads, it was good to catch up with u all on Thurs night.
AND with this post thats me at 400. My God I need a life.

Big Boa
03-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Well lads, it was good to catch up with u all on Thurs night.
AND with this post thats me at 400. My God I need a life.

Wow 400 can't believe it Bigtattoo! I'm only in thirties! OOps just hit 40 stupid me can't count! Oh well

Urban Saboteur
03-13-2006, 05:51 PM
What you all been up to?
I just got my Cobra Wolf Vehicle today. I've been waiting only two weeks for it. I now have the Ice Snake, Cobra Wolf and Ice Sabre to my cobra arctic vehicles.
Hey boa I think I passed you a Cobra wolf frame didnt I? Without any missiles or anything?.. If you wanna know what one looks like complete here you go.
http://photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Vehicles/?action=view&current=IMAG0484.jpg
I think you'll agree its a cool vehicle.
I also added some more pictures to the figures folder too.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Buddusky
03-14-2006, 04:04 PM
U.K. Joe collectors, a sight for sore eyes!

I've been a Action Force / G.I. Joe collector for many years. With the exception of my figures my collection was given away by my Mother, a familiar story no doubt. Anyway, I've recently rediscovered my passion for these guys and am now rebuilding for good and having great fun doing so.

Gentlemen, I was hoping I could seek your advice on the following;

1. The recommended collectors price guide which includes international valuations? I would like to value a MOC European Exclusive Mutt and Junkyard.
2. This may be a daft question but is there a "Collector's Standard" for cutting out File Cards i.e. inside the dashed line, outside the dashed line or around the actual file card?

Thanks

Buddusky (Newcastle upon Tyne)

P.S. Do you have any plans to start a U.K. swap shop from wanted lists?

Urban Saboteur
03-14-2006, 04:28 PM

I've been a Action Force / G.I. Joe collector for many years. With the exception of my figures my collection was given away by my Mother, a familiar story no doubt. Anyway, I've recently rediscovered my passion for these guys and am now rebuilding for good and having great fun doing so.

1. The recommended collectors price guide which includes international valuations? I would like to value a MOC European Exclusive Mutt and Junkyard.
2. This may be a daft question but is there a "Collector's Standard" for cutting out File Cards i.e. inside the dashed line, outside the dashed line or around the actual file card?

Thanks

Hello Buddusky,
welcome to the boards and thanks for stopping by the UK collectors section. I asked for this to be stickied a while back by the mods. I joined here in october or so last year and there wasn't really a place for new UK collectors to chat and arrange things. I guess it could be done from here.. contacting and swapping etc.
As for your questions I know theres a book released by a gentleman named ron conner. Treasures N Toys.
The book or link to the thread about the book can be found here.
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=9418&highlight=international+price+guide
I think that covers International Prices including European releases.

Occasionally the UK collectors get together on a thursday night on MSN Messenger and chat, thats usually where we arrange any swaps or anything. If your interested send me a PM and I'll get back to you.
Bye for now
Full Force!!
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
03-14-2006, 05:22 PM

Thanks

Welcome to the boards, and hopefully our wee club also.
I dont actually know the answer to the 2nd q.
I would assume its round the dashed line, certainly in terms of aesthetics.
What to do is post the q. on these boards and the experts will be able to answer that one.
ps- its good to see another Northener here. Jock will go mental when he learns where u r from. Are u Toon or Maccam?

Buddusky
03-14-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm Geordie, Toon all the way.

I'll post it on the general Joe board. The question came to mind this morning when a lot of figures I bought turned up, each file card was cut differently. Personally I think I would go with around the actual file card...It's great being an 80's geek!

I see you're from Fife, I spent a lot of my childhood in Arbroath, ah memories of picking up AF in Toy Master and John Menzies in Dundee!

Buddusky

Bigtattoo
03-14-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm Geordie, Toon all the way.

I'll post it on the general Joe board. The question came to mind this morning when a lot of figures I bought turned up, each file card was cut differently. Personally I think I would go with around the actual file card...It's great being an 80's geek!

I see you're from Fife, I spent a lot of my childhood in Arbroath, ah memories of picking up AF in Toy Master and John Menzies in Dundee!

Buddusky
John Menzies aye that was my main source too. Braw. Dave (Jock) is also a diehard Toon army lad. If you join our forum @ MSN on Wed or Thurs Im sure he would be happy to chat with u.

Buddusky
03-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey do you remember the AF Footloose was from Dundee and Snow Job was from Perth! Shame there wasn't a Geordie Joe!

I'm usually out on a Thursday night, what time does it kick-off? I'll drop Nemesis Enforcer an email tomorrow.

Bigtattoo
03-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Hey do you remember the AF Footloose was from Dundee and Snow Job was from Perth! Shame there wasn't a Geordie Joe!

I'm usually out on a Thursday night, what time does it kick-off? I'll drop Nemesis Enforcer an email tomorrow.
And Outback was from Stirling. Im sure theres another Jock in there somewhere. Also Downtown was a Leeds man. I dont remember if there wsa any Geordies. The forum usually starts approx. 7pm onwards.

Buddusky
03-14-2006, 06:59 PM
I seem to remember there was someone from Aberdeen as well. Was Z Force's Captain Grant Campbell from Scotland? I remember Ripcord was a Manc. but yeh no Geordies, this is going to bug me, get Palitoy on the phone!

Going back to John Menzies in Dundee, do you remember the original, I think it had two or three floors, oh yeh and the Black Hole Comic Shop in the Well Gate?

I've dropped Nem a PM about Thursday night.

Bigtattoo
03-14-2006, 09:28 PM
I seem to remember there was someone from Aberdeen as well. Was Z Force's Captain Grant Campbell from Scotland? I remember Ripcord was a Manc. but yeh no Geordies, this is going to bug me, get Palitoy on the phone!

Going back to John Menzies in Dundee, do you remember the original, I think it had two or three floors, oh yeh and the Black Hole Comic Shop in the Well Gate?

I've dropped Nem a PM about Thursday night.
ocht, if were going back to AF days, the commander of Q force was also a Jock. James McSomething (Donald) I think. Yeah, I forgot Ripcord was from Manchuria. thats where oor Nem is from.
I was talking about Menzies in Kirkcaldy Im afraid. I avoid the Armpit (Dundee) like the plague.:D

Urban Saboteur
03-14-2006, 09:48 PM
ocht, if were going back to AF days, the commander of Q force was also a Jock. James McSomething (Donald) I think. Yeah, I forgot Ripcord was from Manchuria. thats where oor Nem is from.
I was talking about Menzies in Kirkcaldy Im afraid. I avoid the Armpit (Dundee) like the plague.:D

However.. one should note the activity around here has been spore-adic to say the least..I use these words carefully.
As for me most would believe I am 8ft tall have giant wings and scare the heck out of people.. hey I wondered why that woman looked so terrified the other day in sainsburys oh well the downfall to being a member of cobra la I guess.:p
NemesisEnforcerFan (Fan stands for Fanatic see below):)

G.I.*JOCK
03-15-2006, 04:21 AM
Wow, a fellow toon fan and memories of John Menzies! I got my Tomahawk from there in Bournemouth, I remember it well, there were 3 covered by SLAMS, for some reason I was compeled to look behind and under the Slams, I was glad I did! Tiger Fly and T-Hawk for me...

Welcome to the board man, perhaps you can help us with this:

http://photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Act%20Like%20A%20Joe/?action=view&current=pavfaces.jpg

I've been thinking that Agent Faces leads a double life!

:-D

Dave

Buddusky
03-15-2006, 06:00 AM
Ha Ha, Pavel is...er...a Crimson Guard...Pavel is a Crimson Guard...

I recently picked up a Chinese Carded Lifeline and Tiger Force Flint in a vintage toy shop in Glasgow, £1.99 each! The guy in the shop said he had come across a box when cleaning out his store room, looking on the card back I had visions of a 85' Snake Eyes and 83' Storm Shadow but Flint and Lifeline were the last ones the rest had all gone. It was a great feeling seeing those two figures hanging on a peg though!

G.I.*JOCK
03-15-2006, 06:07 AM
Hehehe I think that chant could catch on amongst the fans at SJP?

Or does Pavel is a geordie have a better ring to it? :P

Please tell me more about this toy shop? Where about in Glasgow is it and what is it called? :-D

These figures appeared in Poundstretchers in the late 90s, I got Cobra Commander, Destro, Lifeline, Flint and Maj Bludd. I'd love to pick some more up though! :-D

These days some of the newer Joe stuff can be found in poundstretchers/instores, toyworld and Toys r us!

Dave

Buddusky
03-15-2006, 06:26 AM
Crimson might be a little too close to Red and White!

I'm useless with names, I can tell you where it is though. It's next door to a Comic Shop called A1 Comics. Far end of Argyle Street until you hit Trongate then there's a wee right Parnie Street, I think, it should then be straight in front of you...ok ok...I got the AZ out!

G.I.*JOCK
03-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Ideal man, cheers for the info! Will you be joining the gang on thursday night?

I was in Newc in the summer, well when the tallships were there. I couldn't find anything Joe accept built to rule stuff, which I snapped up :-D

Do you have any joy down that way?

Dave

Buddusky
03-15-2006, 07:00 AM
At one time my collection was quite vast but a lot of vehicles were given away by my Mam. My figure collection is quite comprehensive though, so I'm busy army building and replacing favourite vehicles. I prefer the 80's / early 90's ranges and very rarely bother with the new stuff.

Joe resource is quite sparse in the Toon, the last thing I picked up was Air Comandos Spirit, Skymate and Cloudburst form GWHAT Shop which is now The Gate, that must of been late 90's. I get most of my stuff from Empire Island, Ebay and Reil Toys.

Urban Saboteur
03-22-2006, 04:02 AM
Hi,
I just thought I'd post and ask who will be making this thursdays joe night?
If you can make it, be good to chat with all of you again. :)
I'll be on thursday from 7pm. :cool:
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
03-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Ill try to, but am still not feeling very well. posting on a forum is okay but I dunno about a live chat. Well see

Urban Saboteur
03-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Ill try to, but am still not feeling very well. posting on a forum is okay but I dunno about a live chat. Well see

Hey man,
I just noticed.. Congrats on the big 500!
Its important they are celebrated your next milestone is 1000!! :p

Has anyone here checked out the european joe archive yet? .. I checked they have an image of UK Shockwave f/c apparently he too is from Manchuria! Well he's also undergone a name change as he's Jason Wright from the Manchester PoPo Force:eek:
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
03-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Hey man,
I just noticed.. Congrats on the big 500!
Its important they are celebrated your next milestone is 1000!! :p

Has anyone here checked out the european joe archive yet? .. I checked they have an image of UK Shockwave f/c apparently he too is from Manchuria! Well he's also undergone a name change as he's Jason Wright from the Manchester PoPo Force:eek:
NemesisEnforcerFan
Thanks mate. I did think about posting it but decided not to. Christ, 500 already. Im here too much. Manchuria. Love it.

Urban Saboteur
03-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks mate. I did think about posting it but decided not to. Christ, 500 already. Im here too much. Manchuria. Love it.

Can some of you stand up and be counted?

I am asking that on April 6th this year we have a big discussion night? In advance. I know GIJOCK has a birthday a day before me.. :p
He celebrates his on April 3rd.. Mine is April 4th. Plenty of time for you to all make sure your not doing anything that day. It will be on MSN. From say 20:30PM to give everyone a chance. I will be taking down idea's for discussions as like the previous ones.. (before the breakup) ;)

I want a head count for all those that can make it.. Atten hun!!
NemesisEnforcerFan

Big Boa
04-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Wow! 500 and heres me on 41 *goes off and sulks*

Urban Saboteur
04-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi,
Uk collectors what have you been up to? Working on a custom? Working on a dio? Need inspiration on where to start?
Post here and discuss any UK Collectors topics.. I check back on this thread on a regular basis!
I've been recruiting some cobra blue shirts.. thanks to Recondo/Jeditrick for these :)
I have also been working on my Motor Viper Custom.. which should soon be finished.
Anyone else .. what ya'll been up to?
N3M

WarAngel
04-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I'll possibly be on, I'm back from the dead now and believe me y'all have no idea how litteral that almost is.

OH and April the 8th is my birthday so lets have a party or something since we're all getting older.

^_^

Urban Saboteur
04-05-2006, 08:27 PM
I'll possibly be on, I'm back from the dead now and believe me y'all have no idea how litteral that almost is.
OH and April the 8th is my birthday so lets have a party or something since we're all getting older.
^_^

Of course I remember you.. Cap'n Many names right :p
I'll hopefully see you there.. I've still got your MSN Id saved.. so just log In and I'll drop you into the convo.. Welcome Back Man!!
N3M

GIJoeCollector
04-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Ok, I know I don't technically count as a UK Collector, but if there is a party involved, I'll bring the chips... :rolleyes:

I can stop by for awhile, say "hey", see what the topic is, etc.:D

WarAngel
04-06-2006, 04:43 AM
Of course I remember you.. Cap'n Many names right :p
I'll hopefully see you there.. I've still got your MSN Id saved.. so just log In and I'll drop you into the convo.. Welcome Back Man!!
N3M

:p

Cheers, I'll be on after 10 :D

See y'all then.

Bigtattoo
04-06-2006, 06:38 AM
:p

Cheers, I'll be on after 10 :D

See y'all then.
Alright there darth many names, Cap'n of the Universe?
Ill not be on tonight guys- have got to babysit. Ill be there in spirit tho.
Oh, and happy birthday, WarAngel, Cap'n Oceansoul.:D

WarAngel
04-07-2006, 05:52 AM
Alright there darth many names, Cap'n of the Universe?
Ill not be on tonight guys- have got to babysit. Ill be there in spirit tho.
Oh, and happy birthday, WarAngel, Cap'n Oceansoul.:D

Cheers buddy :D

Where my cake? :P

Urban Saboteur
04-08-2006, 12:31 PM
I just got a phonecall from my Sister. Apparently bro in law has been to his parents.. and having intended to fetch the rest of his SW stuff down he also found an action force boat and cobra figure :confused:
Hmm my sister asked if I would be interested.. :eek: **** Yeah.. the cobra is a soldier figure.. a black mask across his mouth and red symbol on his chest.. Great!
I'm thinking the Action Force boat is going to be the Sea Lion.. although.. until I see it myself.. I wont know.. I'll keep ya'll posted!
N3M :cool:

Bigtattoo
04-08-2006, 04:23 PM
I just got a phonecall from my Sister. Apparently bro in law has been to his parents.. and having intended to fetch the rest of his SW stuff down he also found an action force boat and cobra figure :confused:
Hmm my sister asked if I would be interested.. :eek: **** Yeah.. the cobra is a soldier figure.. a black mask across his mouth and red symbol on his chest.. Great!
I'm thinking the Action Force boat is going to be the Sea Lion.. although.. until I see it myself.. I wont know.. I'll keep ya'll posted!
N3M :cool:Cool, good score and cant be beaten on price. however, Id wager a bet that the AF boat is the diving platform.

Urban Saboteur
04-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Cool, good score and cant be beaten on price. however, Id wager a bet that the AF boat is the diving platform.

Af boat .. = diving platform?
Huh Whats that, have you got pics?
N3M

Bigtattoo
04-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Af boat .. = diving platform?
Huh Whats that, have you got pics?
N3MSorry I dont. Still dont have a camera and Ive looked at a couple of other sites and cannot see any pics.
It was a small, flat platform, with a radar tower and missle turret. It was all surrounded by a floatation collar, with a torpedo on the side.
You never know tho, it could just as easily be a Moray. Now that would be sweet.

Urban Saboteur
04-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Sorry I dont. Still dont have a camera and Ive looked at a couple of other sites and cannot see any pics.
It was a small, flat platform, with a radar tower and missle turret. It was all surrounded by a floatation collar, with a torpedo on the side.
You never know tho, it could just as easily be a Moray. Now that would be sweet.

yeah.. I doubt it would be the moray .. as steve (brother in law) said its grey coloured. Thats why I thought of the sea lion.
N3M

Bigtattoo
04-08-2006, 05:00 PM
yeah.. I doubt it would be the moray .. as steve (brother in law) said its grey coloured. Thats why I thought of the sea lion.
N3MThats more a white. The diving platform is grey. I think thats sounds more likely. BTW, while ive got you- how was the discussion the other night?

Urban Saboteur
04-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Yup.. the discussion went very well.. 10 people online at one point :eek:
MSN caused a few problemo's but nothing a big winged mutant couldnt sort out.
Incidentally I'll post back on here regarding what I get when I get some more news.
N3M

GIJoeCollector
04-09-2006, 03:27 AM
Overall was a good turnout on Thurs... lot's of good discussions...

Everyone should make an effort to join in... you never know what you will learn or have the chance to add to your collection... :D

Urban Saboteur
04-09-2006, 06:22 PM
I got another phone call from sister this evening. My bro in law asked his brother if he wants to sell the two AF items. He does!!
So a sale is on!!
All i have to do is be patient until some point during the week.. and see what happens. I'm taking my DC with me when they call and will post pics here.. I might need help with a fair price on what to offer them.
N3M

Bigtattoo
04-10-2006, 10:04 AM
I got another phone call from sister this evening. My bro in law asked his brother if he wants to sell the two AF items. He does!!
So a sale is on!!
All i have to do is be patient until some point during the week.. and see what happens. I'm taking my DC with me when they call and will post pics here.. I might need help with a fair price on what to offer them.
N3M
Im confused- I thought u were getting them for free. Now u have to pay for them?

Urban Saboteur
04-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Im confused- I thought u were getting them for free. Now u have to pay for them?

Er well no. Maybe its how I put this across initially as your the second person to say that. The story is simply that steve (my bro in law) has been to his parents house to collect his SW stuff. Upon clearing the attic and his brother (lees) stuff he stumbled across two AF items a cobra soldier and a grey boat type vehicle. These belong to Lee, upon asking lee he said that he no longer wanted the items and that if steve was willing to sell them (like he was doing with his SW stuff) then lee would take whatever he could get for them.

It must of been how I worded it earlier. I didn't say though that lee said I could have it. I probably just worded it badly after being caught up in the initial excitement of it all :rolleyes:
N3M

Urban Saboteur
04-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Hi,
I just got off the phone. The two AF items are being delivered to my house for a photo shoot tomorrow night. I can't wait, I'm so excited and intrigued at finding out what it is.
As soon as I have pic's I'll be posting them on here tomorrow night. Bigtattoo will you be on the forums tomorrow night to tell me what it is and how much I should offer them for it?
I could need help with this.Yojoe
N3M

Bigtattoo
04-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi,
I just got off the phone. The two AF items are being delivered to my house for a photo shoot tomorrow night. I can't wait, I'm so excited and intrigued at finding out what it is.
As soon as I have pic's I'll be posting them on here tomorrow night. Bigtattoo will you be on the forums tomorrow night to tell me what it is and how much I should offer them for it?
I could need help with this.Yojoe
N3M
Aye, I should be buddy. However, while Im more than happy to give my opinion Im far from an expert in these matters so I may be way off. However, Ill try and do some research for you on ebay, see if any have been sold.

Urban Saboteur
04-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Aye, I should be buddy. However, while Im more than happy to give my opinion Im far from an expert in these matters so I may be way off. However, Ill try and do some research for you on ebay, see if any have been sold.

Thanks man. As I said I'll take pics and upload them onto PB. I'll then post the link here. My sister is dropping the two items off tomorrow evening before her and DH go Karate. It will give me enough time to assess what it is I have to offer on. All I know so far is its a cobra soldier and an AF boat/craft of some sort.
N3M

Urban Saboteur
04-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Hi Everyone,
After much excitement I can confirm the blue soldier is a cobra as I first thought from my bro's description. He's in immaculate shape. I hope my photo's do him justice.
He's in significantly better condition than the ones I paid £9.99 for recently. So I offered them £12 as the symbol is flawless as is the silver patches type things on his arms. See What you think let me know if I have been too generous or if I have offered too low.
Cobra Soldier Pic
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Soldier.jpg
Cobra Soldier Symbol
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Symbol2.jpg

And now for the vehicle. I am uncertain about its name. I know its Q-Force as the symbols tell me that. I haven't take a picture of the underside. It says ACTION FORCE CPG PRODUCTS CORP 1981.
If you want me to take a pic of this I can do.
Theres also a missile.. I am not sure if this is to do with the boat or not?
AF QF BOAT
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Vehicles/AF%20QF%20BOAT/AFQFBOAT.jpg
AF QF BOAT Overhead
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Vehicles/AF%20QF%20BOAT/AFQFBOATOVERHEAD2.jpg
AF QF BOAT Front
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Vehicles/AF%20QF%20BOAT/AFQFBOATFront.jpg
AF QF BOAT Isometric
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Vehicles/AF%20QF%20BOAT/AFQFBOATIsometric.jpg
AF Missile
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Vehicles/AF%20QF%20BOAT/AFMissile2.jpg

Thanks In advance for any help you can give. I am stumped as to what its worth is in the condition its in. It's missing some sort of canopy to the front and an attachment on the side. Its maybe missing other things too?
If you don't want to post your opinions here either PM/email me or catch me on MSN.
Yojoe
NemesisEnforcerFan - Richard

Bigtattoo
04-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi Everyone,
After much excitement I can confirm the blue soldier is a cobra as I first thought from my bro's description. He's in immaculate shape. I hope my photo's do him justice.
He's in significantly better condition than the ones I paid £9.99 for recently. So I offered them £12 as the symbol is flawless as is the silver patches type things on his arms. See What you think let me know if I have been too generous or if I have offered too low.
Cobra Soldier Pic
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Soldier.jpg
Cobra Soldier Symbol
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Symbol2.jpg

And now for the vehicle. I am uncertain about its name. I know its Q-Force as the symbols tell me that. I haven't take a picture of the underside. It says ACTION FORCE CPG PRODUCTS CORP 1981.
If you want me to take a pic of this I can do.
Theres also a missile.. I am not sure if this is to do with the boat or not?
AF QF BOAT
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Vehicles/AF%20QF%20BOAT/AFQFBOAT.jpg
AF QF BOAT Overhead
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Vehicles/AF%20QF%20BOAT/AFQFBOATOVERHEAD2.jpg
AF QF BOAT Front
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Vehicles/AF%20QF%20BOAT/AFQFBOATFront.jpg
AF QF BOAT Isometric
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Vehicles/AF%20QF%20BOAT/AFQFBOATIsometric.jpg
AF Missile
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Vehicles/AF%20QF%20BOAT/AFMissile2.jpg

Thanks In advance for any help you can give. I am stumped as to what its worth is in the condition its in. It's missing some sort of canopy to the front and an attachment on the side. Its maybe missing other things too?
If you don't want to post your opinions here either PM/email me or catch me on MSN.
Yojoe
NemesisEnforcerFan - Richard
Hi mate. i think £12s fine for the Trooper. I mean, he may have got a little more on ebay, but thats a more than fair amount. As to the boat- it is the Diving platform. Its missing its radar tower, rear missle post and torpedo attachment. Id give him £1, if that. Hope that helps.

Urban Saboteur
04-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Most people agreed man.. the £12 was a justified price for the soldier. So I am happy I got that right :)
As I said I was uncertain about the boat.. however.. I will be offering them £3 on the basis its only a shell and theres not much chance of me getting those missing parts. I'll keep a scope on ebay. ;)
I hope to have them both for a total of £15 which to me I think is a fine score.
I have been shown some links and pics of blue prints .. it definately looks like the Q-Force swordfish attack boat. It looks quite cool. I might if I can find the missing parts actually find a place in my joeverse for it. :D
N3M

andymort
04-14-2006, 08:11 PM
After finally getting a Grand Slam figure a couple of weeks ago, I just got around to taking a group shot of all the longest-serving members of the GI Joe team (i.e. '82 characters). It's in my figures sub-folder in the photobucket account.

Scarlett ended up getting crowded out by Hawk, although I do wish I had the VvV single-carded Scarlett anyway then I'd show her more prominenly. Likewise Spy Troops/VvV "Double" Clutch instead of just the Mega Marine. I was going for a "where are they now" look instead of original style, hence the lack of comic 3-pack versions of anyone except Steeler and why hyperthyroid Grunt is hiding in the VAMP... I also didn't want to use any customs, although I did enhance Night Force Short-Fuze with an Accessory Pack helmet & visor and the mortar tube from the Mortar Defense set. I was thinking of doing group shots for each year's recruits, updated versions where applicable (i.e. if they exist and I have them!).

I also put up a pic of some of the main Dreadnoks posed with some rides; a Dreadnok Cycle I got off eBay a while back, a Ferret I got MISB the other weekend at a toy fair, and some 1:18 scale motorcycles I've been hunting for in toy/model shops recently. The figures sit on them a little awkwardly, but then I couldn't even get Monkeywrench to ride the Ferret without standing up and hunching over the handlebars, which is why they're all in a more relaxed, parked pose...

Bigtattoo
04-14-2006, 08:14 PM
and why hyperthyroid Grunt is hiding in the VAMP...
.I am LMAO. Fantastic.:D

Urban Saboteur
04-15-2006, 10:21 AM
So :cool: a great Idea Stormer! Thanks for sharing those with us.
Hawk<Limelight pincher
What happened.. he's muscled in on Scarlett's photo opportunity!
I think if Hawk would have been positioned at the front of the vamp next to Grand Slam.. well Scarlett may have finally got a modelling job :p
A neat idea to put them all tofgether for a where are they now photo.

Also very well done with the Motorcycles.. that works well with the Noks.
N3M

Urban Saboteur
04-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Great news. My bro in law phoned today and confirmed my offer of £15.00 for the two Items Soldier & Swordfish have been accepted. As soon as I get the notes to him the items will be mine mwahahahaha.. .
Another Soldier especially in this condition is always good for me. :D
N3M

andymort
04-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Nice going, Nem! Anybody else see the auction for 3 non-mint Cobra Troopers that ended this afternoon for £33.00...? I think somebody bid silly-high not expecting the previous bidder to have put in their own silly-high buffer. The winner only had feedback 15 so they might not know what they're doing, otherwise perhaps it's a good time to sell Troopers as there's a crazy new collector in town with more money than sense...

Thanks for the compliments, guys! With Scarlett in the picture, to be honest I kinda messed up because I was repositioning myself so Grunt and Clutch's faces wouldn't be obscured by the VAMP rollcage or anything, and didn't realise how much of Scarlett was covered as a result. Hawk could have moved an inch or so (stage) left and it would have been okay, I think.

I've seen a few people post pics of their "Original 13" all done in the old-school style, using the comic pack figures (minor customs sometimes), but I'd not seen one of these "class reunion" type shots. I was looking at the following years and once a couple of eBay/store buys arrive I'll be good up until I'd need Keel-Haul to be in the shot.

Urban Saboteur
04-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi all,
I just thought I'd update ya'll on the photobucket account, I just added pictures of my latest recruits from HQ. TR is AWOL but I am sure BIGFAN will sort that out for me.
I also would like to welcome another new member to the Photobucket account. Buddusky says he is going to add his stuff there. I have added a Buddusky figure folder so he can begin putting pics on there.

I will soon send round an email to ya'll to confirm details of Photobucket and what they all mean.
Thanks for reading
N3M

Big Boa
04-17-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm working on some pics at the moment! So they should be up there soon!

andymort
04-18-2006, 01:34 PM
I went outside yesterday, took advantage of the day off and the Bank Holiday afternoon sunshine and got a load of pics taken in readiness for some eBay auctions.

And now eBay's really slow and certain features won't load at all, like "preview my auction" and the spellcheck, so it looks like I'll be putting them up NEXT week now. In the meantime, check out my "For Sale or Trade" sub-folder, in my photobucket figures folder.

Feel free to make me an offer if you want to beat the auctions (http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Stormer%20AndyMort/For%20Sale%20or%20Trade/)

I took the pictures around a pile of stones for building around flowerbeds or something. They made for some pretty good scenery, with cliffs & caves and suchlike - maybe one day, if/when I get a dio-story done, they can feature as the mountains of Trans-Carpathia. Just need to make a scale Silent Castle, then...

Urban Saboteur
04-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Seriously Stormer :cool: photoshoot.. I wont be buying much at all now. I have £200 to find for the convention set.. Still it will be worth it when I add the cobra mortal to my collection :D

As for the pics you done well to take advantage of that great weather. I am still suffering side effects of my final tooth extraction :(

I've just got a message from evilbay stating nobody bought my Star Brigade stuff.. man i can't seem to sell it.. I wouldnt mind but its going cheap n all.
I think I'll put em up for sale on forums again for a bit.. See if I get any takers.
N3M

andymort
04-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Dude, are you willing to split them? I'd buy the Astro-Viper(s?), TARGAT and quite possibly the Invader...

Bigtattoo
04-19-2006, 04:01 PM
and Id take Rock n Roll!

Urban Saboteur
04-19-2006, 06:58 PM
If you could purchase it all between you i'd say you have a deal. They are complete with filecards?
I am selling as a set but will be willing to break into 2 assuming you will do that? I dont want to have any leftovers.. :(
However.. on an unrelated note my bro in law found the canopy thing for the swordfish.. I'll try and take pics of it soon :D
N3M

Urban Saboteur
04-23-2006, 07:06 PM
I now have a buyer it seems for the Star Brigade stuff. £4.99 doesnt seem justified really.. but hey I need to get rid of them.;)

Now for an update. I just added more pics. I done a photoshoot of my own the other night.

Heres my Cobra's in a big organisation shoot.
Cobra 1
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Nemesis%20Enforcer%20Fan/IMAG0776.jpg
Cobra 2
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Nemesis%20Enforcer%20Fan/IMAG0777.jpg
Cobra 3
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Nemesis%20Enforcer%20Fan/IMAG0778.jpg
Cobra 4
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Nemesis%20Enforcer%20Fan/IMAG0779.jpg
I have also uploaded some more pics of my figures.
Heres another Lonk:
http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Figures/Nemesis%20Enforcer%20Fan/
Bye For Now
Yojoe
N3M

Bigtattoo
04-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Some great pics there Nem.
Impressive. Most impressive.
BTW- is the buyer Cap'n Many Names?

Urban Saboteur
04-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Some great pics there Nem.
Impressive. Most impressive.
BTW- is the buyer Cap'n Many Names?

:eek:..Wow how did you guess? JK. It is cap'n many names.. must know a good deal eh? Those figures and a vehicle for under £5
Very good deal. Anyways I'll be glad to see them out of my joe verse.
N3M

Captain ManyNames
04-24-2006, 05:05 PM
ARRRRHHHH!!!!!!!!

It was me!!!!1

ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigtattoo
04-24-2006, 05:09 PM
ARRRRHHHH!!!!!!!!

It was me!!!!1

ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROFLMAO.
Fantastic!:D

Captain ManyNames
04-24-2006, 05:36 PM
ROFLMAO.
Fantastic!:D

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thank ye, matey.

G.I.*JOCK
04-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi troops, I feel I should make you aware of this thread I posted for Richard: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?p=204200#post204200

He's not well at the moment and has been admitted to hospital, hopefully not for long. Please follow the link for more details.

Cheers,

Dave

Bigtattoo
04-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Hi troops, I feel I should make you aware of this thread I posted for Richard: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?p=204200#post204200

He's not well at the moment and has been admitted to hospital, hopefully not for long. Please follow the link for more details.

Cheers,

Dave
Thanks Dave

Big Boa
05-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Anywayz Good to see that our big mutant friend is back now!

Urban Saboteur
05-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Anywayz Good to see that our big mutant friend is back now!

Yup I am back, thursday nights should be back too. Check out the forums on offtopic for more info. I have alot to do and catch upon on. However I will begin by posting here and letting ya'll know i am back on the scene.
N3M

Urban Saboteur
05-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi Guys
Any of you alcohol drinkers help out a friend? Please see the thread by the real destro in offtopic here..
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=37454
He's asking for help in buying and sending him a fine scotch whiskey.
N3M

Bigtattoo
05-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi Guys
Any of you alcohol drinkers help out a friend? Please see the thread by the real destro in offtopic here..
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=37454
He's asking for help in buying and sending him a fine scotch whiskey.
N3M

Got it man, thanks.

Captain ManyNames
05-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Welcome back Buddddy

Didya get my email asking about paypal?

Bigtattoo
05-06-2006, 06:08 PM
BTW- I like the fact that since your name change youve become a regular poster Capn.

Captain ManyNames
05-06-2006, 06:20 PM
BTW- I like the fact that since your name change youve become a regular poster Capn.

Eek!!!!!

You're right.

*Runs and hides under a nearby stone*

Urban Saboteur
05-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Welcome back Buddddy

Didya get my email asking about paypal?

:rolleyes:..I'll have to check.. I have read through them.. are you asking if you can pay me by paypal?
N3M

Captain ManyNames
05-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I think I was.

Urban Saboteur
05-06-2006, 06:35 PM
I think I was.

In that case, Yeah you can paypal me. Same address as my hotmail.
As for the rest of you. I am accepting generous donations to my paypal account. So I can finally afford a cobra hurricane :rolleyes: Yeah right.. I'm beginning to think I wont ever get this one.
N3M

Captain ManyNames
05-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Cool.

I see my bank manager about a debit card on monday and if I get one, I'll add to my paypal and pay asap otherwise I may as well send you a cheque as my paypal account sends bloody Echeques which take like a fortnight to 'clear' XD

Bigtattoo
05-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Is it just me or have us Brits totally hijacked the boards tonite?
The takeover continues.....

Urban Saboteur
05-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Is it just me or have us Brits totally hijacked the boards tonite?
The takeover continues.....

Hahaha Its you!!

:D I'm not british you loaf! I'm Monster Manchuria! Different country altogether!:p
N3M

Captain ManyNames
05-07-2006, 03:36 PM
As I can't think of anything to add to the thread, heres some top tips:

Instead of waiting for your tree to grow, tie it to the top of a telegraph pole.

If glass breaks in your greenhouse, use frozen ice to patch the broken glass, don't worry about it melting as the ice is frozen, and you can use the broken glass as fake ice for your drinks and it will never melt therefore guaranting limitless re-use.

If you're worried about monkies in your kitchen, simply place some bananas on the wardrobe, thus stopping the monkies from invading your kitchen space.

To stop those thieving bees from stealing your pollen, simply place a bucket or similar object over the flower.

If your moving house and wish to take your goldfish bowl with you but dont want to waste time emptying it, simply place it in the freezer. thus preventing sploshing of the water, sadly your fish will die but not all is lost as you can dry the fish out in the sun and you have several handy bookmarks.

Bigtattoo
05-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Ah man, I think I just p...ed myself.:D
You need help.

Captain ManyNames
05-07-2006, 05:21 PM
If you need to put a fire out but only have petrol/Gasoline chill it first so the fire will burn cold.

To save money on first class stamps, simply post your letter a few days earlier and use second class stamps.

Put shaving foam on a glass of marmite for a drink that looks similar to stout but tastes miles better.

Urban Saboteur
05-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Some usefull tips.. I have one too.

Try and stay on topic.. ;) I am not a mod.. but we need to stay on topic!!

I'll try and rescue this thread once more. I hope now that I have finished that lengthy book review that I might be able to work on my UK get together Idea.. like a mini convention or mini gi joe meet.
For this to work I think we need to decide on a suitable city to all meet up in. I will send each of you an email shortly regarding this.

As for the time. I was thinking in October just for the weekend?
N3M

Bigtattoo
05-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Most of us are based oop North, so Id suggest Newcastle as first option, Manchuria 2nd and Edinburgh 3rd.
I think meeting on Sat- un sounds about right too, at least initially.
Also- leave the Cap'n alone. His tips are great.

Urban Saboteur
05-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Most of us are based oop North, so Id suggest Newcastle as first option, Manchuria 2nd and Edinburgh 3rd.

First up I wasn't picking on him. Second I suggested moving on topic so that they wouldnt remove the thread. ;)

Btw.. Chris I need your email address I last sent stuff/info to your email and you havent responded.
Have you got a temporary one? BT internet is the one I have you down for.
Thanks
N3M

Captain ManyNames
05-08-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't know, people complain when I don't post and when I do, look what happens. :P :P :P :P

Urban Saboteur
05-08-2006, 10:12 AM
I don't know, people complain when I don't post and when I do, look what happens. :P :P :P :P

Yep.. but i wasn't complaining at you posting.. i was complaining about the topic/subject of your post. What about you Ash?
Will you be able to meet in October?
N3M

Buddusky
05-08-2006, 10:29 AM

I'm with Chris, Newcastle is the perfect place for the meet! ;)

Captain ManyNames
05-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Yep.. but i wasn't complaining at you posting.. i was complaining about the topic/subject of your post. What about you Ash?
Will you be able to meet in October?
N3M

I know :p

I was just teasin':p

October should be good for me, I agree with Buddisky Newcastle sounds good ;)

Bigtattoo
05-09-2006, 07:32 AM
First up I wasn't picking on him. Second I suggested moving on topic so that they wouldnt remove the thread. ;)

Btw.. Chris I need your email address I last sent stuff/info to your email and you havent responded.
Have you got a temporary one? BT internet is the one I have you down for.
Thanks
N3M

Im having major problems with my client at the moment.
Ive changed to Firefox and Thunderbird, but there are still some programs run through OE which are causing me major grief.
I dont have enough savvy to remove OE totally without compromising my computer.
Hence- all my mail addys are useless.
Ive just created a new one and hopefully it should fix the problems.
Ill mail u my new addy when I know it works.

Bigtattoo
05-09-2006, 07:34 AM
BTW- Nem, one away from the big 1000.
I actually thought I may beat u to it at one point.:p
Congrats man.

Captain ManyNames
05-09-2006, 09:01 AM
I found these on removing OE:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263837

http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_reinstall_ie_and_oe_6.htm

Urban Saboteur
05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
BTW- Nem, one away from the big 1000.
I actually thought I may beat u to it at one point.:p
Congrats man.

Hehe.. well theres always the big 10?
Assuming you'll still be collecting Joes when you reach 10,000

Although I am a stats freak I dont consider numbers important. I kind of wish there was a timer. Which counts how many hours, days and minutes you have spent online signed into the forums.

Thanks for the congratulations. I will need your email.. so I can copy you on the details for the UK Meet. So far.. I have October/Newcastle as the date/venue.
N3M

The 100% Argento Outback
05-09-2006, 11:26 PM
So guys How you see England in the world cup? Rooney is broke right? :) (just jocking)
Im praying every night to see MESSI in good condiTion this cup...