View Full Version : Anyone into Gobots?

dmooretoys
11-30-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm about to get into Gobots and I was wondering if anyone could recommend good websites or reference guides for them. I'm 100% dedicated to G.I. Joe but everyone needs a diversion sometime!

Thanks!

Dan

The Faceless Master
12-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi Dan

I had a couple of Gobots back in the late 80s, Leader1 & Littlefoot was it?
or was it Smallfoot?
Anyways, i was made fun of in school cuz they said Gobots were just a
cheesy Transformers Knock-off & Transformers were the best robots
turning into vehicles... ya know how mean kids can get :mad:

they also made fun of how lame the name Leader1 is compared to
Optimus Prime - and they had a point

anyways, this topic brought back some quick memories
good luck finding the Gobots, the Gobots by the way

Icebreaker
12-01-2005, 02:20 PM
But,
http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/gobot/renegades.html

Clutch II
12-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Anyways, i was made fun of in school cuz they said Gobots were just a
cheesy Transformers Knock-off & Transformers were the best robots
turning into vehicles... ya know how mean kids can get :mad:

admit it you were one of those kids makeing fun of Go-Bots weren't you :p

The Faceless Master
12-01-2005, 02:24 PM
admit it you were one of those kids makeing fun of Go-Bots weren't you :p
Nyah, i got into GIJoes instead!! ;)

airedevon
12-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Dan, I have a complete set of US release Gobots - including all the packaging. If you have any questions that I might be able to answer, drop me a line..

I had a complete set of Generation I and Gen 2 Transformers (and more, Beast Wars etc) - with all packaging... But I sold them all last year to a guy in Florida whose entire collection had been destroyed by a hurricane. He and his wife drove up from Florida to get them - I needed cash pretty badly at the time, and it was cool to see them go to someone who really appreciated them!

I don't know if I could ever sell my Gobots, though... for some reason, I actually prefer them to Transformers... Rocklords rule! :-)

Happy hunting!
Aire

Clutch II
12-01-2005, 02:30 PM
one thing i've noticed is the resale market for Go-Bots is alot less then Transforemers i sold a couple of large Go-Bots MISB for $5 ea. a couple months ago and these came out in the 80's talk about lousy resale value,furthermore Go-Bot were copies of original robots sold in Japan.

dmooretoys
12-01-2005, 07:48 PM
furthermore Go-Bot were copies of original robots sold in Japan.

Transformers were too, right? Also, didn't Gobots come out before Transformers? I'm not sure but I think they did.

Aire, I feel the same way. For some reason I think I prefer Gobots to Transformers. I think I'll start by collecting all the weird things I collect with the G.I. Joe line as well like the pencils, books, paperwork, promo items, etc. Once I get most of that stuff I'll start chasing all the toys. I have three or four of them MOC and when I saw them the other day in my storage room (closet) it brought back memories. I was into Gobots and G.I. Joe when I was growing up and I think I will collect both.

Dan

Mutt7000
12-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey Dan, get a hold of Prozac. I know he was into them for a while, and had alot of the foreign stuff. He'd probley sell you what he has and I think he knows quite a bit about them. If you need his email, email me and I'll send it to you. Bill

bigjohnwoo
12-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Blapheme:

I think Go-Bots are WAY cooler than Transformers.

They actually look like something in their non-robot mode - instead of "transforming" from robotish looking cars/planes into car/plane-ish looking robots.

Also the metal, deluxe Gobots are seriously heavy duty and stupid-awesome.

I used to have a good Gobots site favorited, but I can't find the bookmark anymore. I'll see if I can find it again.

bigjohnwoo
12-01-2005, 08:41 PM
here it is:

http://toyarchive.com/Gobots/Go-Bots.html

"super" gobots. not deluxe. Oh man. they're awesome.

dmooretoys
12-01-2005, 11:26 PM
here it is:

http://toyarchive.com/Gobots/Go-Bots.html

"super" gobots. not deluxe. Oh man. they're awesome.
That's an awesome site. Thanks for the link!

Dan

Shogi
12-02-2005, 10:16 AM
I was gonna drop a link but I see I was beaten to it :) Also, a few things I'd like to point out:

Gobots were copies of Japanese toys, but I believe they were fairly popular toys in japan, whereas, Transformers were leftover stock of failed toy lines from japan.

Also, to answer airedevon, yes......ROCKLORDS RULE!!!!!!!

tank1976
12-02-2005, 02:18 PM
I wish I still had my Go-Bots. I think I have a video of the toon. I aslso had the big command center. It turned into a big robot. How coool is that.:)

Icebreaker
12-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Anyone have a Gobots movie copy? I would like to get one, if anyone has the hook-up!

Shogi
12-02-2005, 05:37 PM
I remember the movie but last thing I saw was the first few episodes, it was back when I was really big into transformers so I found everything about it kinda bad. Like their planet is Gobotron and looks like Unicron took Cybertron, ate a ring around it like an apple and then put gobots on it. My main problem with the toons were that they were made by the same company that made the scooby doo toons, and I've never been a fan of that animation