Today's S6, Dec 3 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Today's S6, Dec 3

CGC
12-03-2005, 11:53 AM
OK, a new episode...

Well, that settles it - Overkill is planning a robot rebellion, so the Rise of the Robots is still on. (If he can beat CC & the Joes to the power stones :rolleyes: )

I like those Vipers(?) Zartan had with him in the Amazon mine thng - they looked like Stormtroopers. :p

Ahh, self repairing B.A.T.s now... Now if they could just learn to aim.

Man, I really want one of those Cobra airships! - I think Duke called it a stealth battle cruiser

Well, the anime styling was a little thicker in this episode - I don't think that any of their lips matched with a single word, but it was still good.

Can somebody record next week's for me? I won't be able to watch it

Obiwanjacoby
12-03-2005, 03:20 PM
This episode was okay, but not as good as "Chase", IMO.

Edit: My bad, the title is actually called "Race"?

- It sounded like Spirit was being done by a different voice actor.

- They dumbed-down Snake-Eyes. He should take his cue from Spirit once in awhile, and quit using the Sigma-Suit as a crutch.

-PJ

Richard J.
12-04-2005, 02:35 AM
This episode was okay, but not as good as "Chase", IMO.

-PJ
I agree, this one was good but not as good as chase. I think the writers are having some trouble figuring out how to use all the characters.

Personally, I think gearing the series toward kids is the problem. If I had been in charge, I would have upped the violence and drama to make the series just slightly over the kids and aimed for people like us. A darker, grittier world of military intelligence, terrorist activities, and interpersonal relationships in both would have been amazing.

Something similar to the way Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex was done would have been my idea of perfect.

Just my thoughts.

Richard J.

Also, PJ, here's a way to look at Snake-Eyes in that episode: his suit started glitching and, since Zartan wouldn't let up for a second, he didn't have time to ditch the stupid thing. Considering the Sigma Suits make a link to the user's brain, it was probably disorienting him and actually causing him to be unable to fight at his best.

Blame High-Tech. ;)

karpenter
12-04-2005, 02:43 AM
I just don't like in this series how Snake-Eyes is always getting his but kicked, and has to have his chestnuts yanked from the fire by someone else. He needed the Sigma Suit to defeat Storm Shadow, Spirit rescued him from Zartan, etc. He should be the badass they call in as the last line of defense, who mops the floor with every Cobra he comes across - including Storm Shadow and Zartan.

I suppose it was the same in the old series as well - Spirit and Quick Kick could defeat Strom Shadow, but Snake Eyes got knocked out or captured by Vipers sometimes. Sheesh!

At least he was pretty butt-kicking in the CGI movies, and I think in the DIC series as well (but I think he was only in like 1 episode).

skinny
12-04-2005, 01:43 PM
i thought there were reruns going on did i miss anything before this latest snake eyes ep?

Liokaiser
12-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Me I blame 4kids, if this was done by another company it probably would be done better.

4kids is a company that would try and make La Blue Girl into a Kid friendly series. I wish I was joking but I'm not.

Anyway yeah, snake-eyes on this, jungle mission **** Tunnel Rat or even Heavy Duty woulda been a better choice. Though since not, think they should have had Zartan say something about offing Snake's sensei and now him.

Still I did notice a few changes and yeah I like the human troops with Zartan and well and I also want one of those Cobra battle ships. Look so much like that one of old it would be a great toy in my book. (though in DTC 3 3/4 size not Sigma Six line size, big too darn big)

Still yeah the next ep looks to be pretty good, loved in the preview that Grenade getting right in Destro's face (shocked 4christsakequitshowingyourracisttoanythingjapanese andjustkeepitintoshowtheKIDS left that in there. Sorry but with all the dumb dubbing work that company does I think they are racist to any japanese)

I still await the one R & R ep, pray for some fanservice (yes I am so what, and hoping we see Kamakura and Jynx back finally)

Obiwanjacoby
12-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Blame High-Tech.

Heh, I do. :) He's a character I love to hate. He's totally annoying, but I want a 3&4" version of him anyway.

i thought there were reruns going on did i miss anything before this latest snake eyes ep?

Last Saturday was the first new ep. in a long-long time.

And IIRC, Long Range had only one line. :(

Still yeah the next ep looks to be pretty good, loved in the preview that Grenade getting right in Destro's face (shocked 4christsakequitshowingyourracisttoanythingjapanese andjustkeepitintoshowtheKIDS left that in there. Sorry but with all the dumb dubbing work that company does I think they are racist to any japanese)

I don't get this rant at all. :confused: I was led to believe that Studio Gonzo animated this show for the US exclusively.

I still await the one R & R ep, pray for some fanservice (yes I am so what, and hoping we see Kamakura and Jynx back finally)

Same here, they don't get enough exposure, IMO.

BTW, what's "fanservice"?:confused:

-PJ

Obiwanjacoby
12-04-2005, 03:11 PM

:googling:

:eek: - OH! Nevermind! :o

-PJ

Richard J.
12-05-2005, 04:15 AM

-PJ

:googling:

:eek: - OH! Nevermind! :o

-PJ
No offense, but these two posts left me laughing my rear end off. :D

Personally, I'd just like to see a GI Joe cartoon or anime done for we the older collectors. Hasn't it ever occured to Hasbro that the best way to capture the kid's attention is to make something they can actually enjoy as they grow up?

Look at the comic. It was written with a dark, rich story that is STILL rocking all these years later. Part of the problem the Devil's Due run has had is that it isn't as layered or as dark as the Hama Marvel run. I think part of this is that none of the writers really seem to understand soldiers.

Still, I think we can all agree that it's just plain FANTASTIC that Spud the robot dog and Scott are absent for now.

Out of curiousity, why doesn't the Long Range with the ROCC vehicle look like the Long Range from Sigma 6? Sigma 6 version looks better IMHO.

My thoughts.

Richard J.

4kids is a company that would try and make La Blue Girl into a Kid friendly series. I wish I was joking but I'm not.

I'd love to see them try. It would be both hilarious and disturbing.

Obiwanjacoby
12-05-2005, 10:44 AM
No offense, but these two posts left me laughing my rear end off.

I just don't understand why the dude wants extra T&A with his heroes? I can't respect what I'm too busy exploiting, and vice-versa. ;)

Look at the comic. It was written with a dark, rich story that is STILL rocking all these years later. Part of the problem the Devil's Due run has had is that it isn't as layered or as dark as the Hama Marvel run. I think part of this is that none of the writers really seem to understand soldiers.

I don't think they really want to. Larry Hama's writing was a real lucky break for boys toys and comics in general.

Still, I think we can all agree that it's just plain FANTASTIC that Spud the robot dog and Scott are absent for now.

I know Scott is scheduled for at least one more appearance. No mention of Spud though, so we'll see. :p

Out of curiousity, why doesn't the Long Range with the ROCC vehicle look like the Long Range from Sigma 6? Sigma 6 version looks better IMHO.

He does. Well, a bit younger, IMO. Same hair though. On my 3&3/4" LR, I added a trenchcoat and sharpened his sideburns a bit.

-PJ

Richard J.
12-06-2005, 04:45 AM
He does. Well, a bit younger, IMO. Same hair though. On my 3&3/4" LR, I added a trenchcoat and sharpened his sideburns a bit.

-PJ
Whose trenchcoat did you use?

Richard J.

Duke Misterioso
12-06-2005, 01:03 PM
it`s ok that zartan kicks snake eye`s butt, because
its more realistic than the super snake eyes almost invensible
in the comics.
but the curious, is that spirit feels the zartan moves like
ninja, and snake eyes not-

Obiwanjacoby
12-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Whose trenchcoat did you use?

A Rebel Commando trench from a Star Wars accessory pack. I ironed out the collar and it looks sweet! :cool:

I also discovered the secondary benefits of an exacto knife. After painting onto a Joe head, you can lightly scrape-off unnecessary paint and then add a ton of detail.

I gave Long Range great sideburns and also made perfect sergeant stripes on Hard Drive's hat (now he looks like his FC). This only seems to work w/the alcohol based paints only though.

-PJ

Liokaiser
12-08-2005, 10:13 PM
The 4kids rant, well considering how much stuff they edit out period for anything is what shocked me at a few things not being cut. (reason curious on the reruns if we still got to see Duke getting shot in the head)

Yeah Studio Gonzo did do this for our release but I still expect that the dubbing company did some extra edits.

On the fanservice deal. Simply just one scene/shot atleast of ladies chilling out of their gear in that R & R ep is all I'm asking for. (swimwear yah pervs :P.)

And yeah those posts on finding out what Fanservice is, funny as heck.

Mr. Crimson
12-10-2005, 05:57 AM
Could someone tell me what channel this comes on?

-Lewis

Obiwanjacoby
12-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Could someone tell me what channel this comes on?

If you go to 4kids.com, you can put in your zip code and it'll give you your exact local station and time.

-PJ