Action Force .. the pre Joe stuff. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Action Force .. the pre Joe stuff.

Deadshot
12-04-2005, 07:46 PM
You know I used to turn my nose up at this stuff. My thinking was " oh these suck, they have the articulation of an old star wars figure" The vehicles didn't really do much for me...i was well... kinda "meh" on the whole idea.

Amazing what a couple of years worth of looking through old joe and joe related stuff does to you... now i really dig it.

Now don't get me wrong the joe repaints are all quite awesome.. and some are quite pricey. But the old stuff has some really cool items too

like roboskull and the Shadowtrack. ( Btw Crimson Guards from the OCS set look really sharp driving it)

I was just curious to know who else digs this stuff. Who collects it and who may have some extra parts...

KolobosRexx
12-04-2005, 08:08 PM
:D Hey, I've collected some of the Red Shadows stuff! I have most of the bad guys, one complete & one incomplete Shadowtrak, & a pair of Hyena tanks! Haven't scored a Roboskull or Laser Exterminator yet. I use them for my customized Red Shadows faction in my G.I. Joe world...

DPrime
12-04-2005, 11:19 PM
So are you going to buy all those "Muton" figures I always see on Ebay?

I don't know man... I'll have to take a look at the vehicles you mentioned, but the figures just don't do it for me.

Deadshot
12-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Actually I just bought Muton... but it hasn't arrived yet... along with the other 6 moc figures

CGC
12-05-2005, 12:27 AM
I've got almost all of them, there are still a couple variants I haven't gotten yet, but I'm not in a big hurry for what's left. Have you been over to Action Force Online (http://www.actionforce.org.uk/)? As far as I know, that is the only site with more Action Force toy info than the Archives here. Another thing to check, if you really want to find some that you don't see too often, check out the UK ebay (http://toys.listings.ebay.co.uk/Action-Figures_W0QQfromZR4QQsacatZ246QQsocmdZListingItemL ist). It's not quite as big as the US ebay, so you can actually check the entire action figure section - & it's in english, so it's a little easier to browse than some of the other ebay incarnations. Good Luck!

atlantic
12-05-2005, 03:59 AM
I was the right age when the original Action Force toys came out and was a great fan. I've still got most of the toys including a complete Roboskull with original Red Wolf.

However the articulation of the early figures really limited the success of the range in my opinion. Also I couldn't understand why certain figures like SAS Stalker, Z-Force Steeler and Quarrel had such great articulation whereas Eagle and Skip were so basic. This was before I realised the existance of the GI JOE range in the States.

Would there be a market for Toys R Us or Master Collector to use existing GI JOE molds to make a special edition Action Force six-pack? You can use the Lt. Falcon mold to create Skip. The possibilities are endless!

Urban Saboteur
12-06-2005, 05:14 PM
:D I Have some of the AF figures and at one time considered Red Jackal to be Destro and Quarrel to be Lady Jaye.. now i know the true identity i am well :D

I haven't started to focus my collection towards some of the AF stuff but will do when i complete by recruitment drive for the joes 82-94 line.
Nem

andymort
12-06-2005, 05:28 PM
I've found myself looking at "international" Joes more, now I have at least one version of most of the characters, and naturally I gravitate to the ones from my own country!

I'm the proud owner of Red Jackal, Quarrel, Stalker, a Hyena and a Shadowtrack. I think I'd most like Red Laser, Blades, Hunter & a Wolverine and of course a Roboskull. I like how there are some distictly different characters to incorporate into my Joe-verse, and using Quarrel alongside any Scarlett apart from the v1 mold reinforces that. The Star Wars-y figures don't do much for me, but I would love to see some of them in fully-articulated forms.

Deadshot
12-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Well i have now won a Hawk ( with the roll cage yay) but now need missiles ( boo)

Thanks for the awesome link CGC that Action Force website has helped me figure out some of the parts I need and a forum to hopefully get it... ( once they let me post, lol)

StephenMUK
12-10-2005, 06:20 PM
I've got some time on my hands so I really need to visit my parents house and find out what happened to my AF and early Joes????

They must be in their loft - Maybe with the Star Wars stuff????

But more likely they've been flogged at a car boot sale.

Bigtattoo
12-10-2005, 11:07 PM
deadshot- Im sure you probably have but you should try and get your hands on Battle Action Force. It was a brilliant comic and really fleshes out the characters. Maybe someone will be kind enough to post a link to access them.

Crimson Strike Viper
12-10-2005, 11:15 PM
I like the older Action force stuff. I actually bought like 5-10 redshadows at the GI Joe national convention this year and a few Muttons.

Funny how they seem lame until you get your hands on them.

Taker easy,

CSV

Bigtattoo
12-10-2005, 11:20 PM
guys, it makes me proud that non- uk joe fans like the shadows. For years I felt they deserved a place in the wider universe. Maybe oneday it will happen.

Flash
12-10-2005, 11:55 PM
I was able to get a whole bunch of those guys a while back.
even some MoC. i think they're pretty cool. some of these guys have some nice weapons and accessories too.

I like to put the Z-force w/ the original joes
and the SaS trops w/ night force.

They even had mail order figures
Gotta get that Kraken guy.

andymort
12-11-2005, 05:34 AM
For the old Battle Action Force comics, check out www.bloodforthebaron.com -- they also have some of the original stories from Action Force Weekly/Monthly but their archive doesn't appear to be in order, or complete, for those. Still worth a look!

Urban Saboteur
12-12-2005, 08:09 AM
I've got some time on my hands so I really need to visit my parents house and find out what happened to my AF and early Joes????

They must be in their loft - Maybe with the Star Wars stuff????

But more likely they've been flogged at a car boot sale.

:)..Hmm you know now you come to mention it.. i did buy a ton of old AF and early joes the other week on a car boot.. nah just kidding.. but hey.. thats criminal if they have sold em on you.. me.. I'd be well steamed!!:mad:..But i am rest assured knowing that my parents know how much my AF & Joes mean to me. So that would never happen.
Its weird because in a way collecting Joes from a young age taught me quite a bit. I used to save up for a few weeks and my mum would take me to TRU. ..He he.. Funny how some things never change..

jonesy1275
12-12-2005, 10:15 AM
I too was at the right age when Action Force appeared and I did have quite a bit of the toyline. Unfortunately it got binned years later by my parents so in 1999 I started to collect boxed and carded examples of the toyline.

I've now got probably one of the world's largest collections of Palitoy Action Force. I'm only missing one carded figure and a couple of the boxed vehicles before I actually complete the entire collection. I have all the comics, a fair bit of stationary, fan club material and even store catalogues and displays.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/jonesy1275/mms.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/jonesy1275/roboskulla.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/jonesy1275/170_7016a.jpg

airedevon
12-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Neil, I just looked at your aviation photos... WOW!!! Truly awesome! What a fantastic passion to have (and I thought your Action Force passion would take all your time and energy :-)

Also, cool SAS Mobile Missle System box! I had never seen that one before! I would love to see pics of your collection (I bet everyone here would :-)

Take care!
Aire

jonesy1275
12-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Aire,

I've had a passion for aviation since I was 6yrs old. Hence the reason why I joined the Royal Air Force.

I wish I had photos of my collection but it's all stored at my parents house as my house is just too small. I know Action Force online has individual photographs of most of my collection. Just check out each toy and the photograph with the white background is mine. For example:-

http://www.actionforce.org/sasforce/images/Hawk+Blades(contents).JPG

http://www.actionforce.org/redshadows/images/Enemy_Roboskull__Red_Wolf.JPG

That reminds me, has somebody got a MOC AF Snow-Job for sale? He's the only carded figure I need to complete the entire Action Force figure collection.

WarAngel
12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Heres a question: do the old AF molds still exist?

airedevon
12-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Neil, cool - thanks for the links!

Close to the end! Very cool! Good for you!! I've also been searching for the elusive Snow Job - - I think he's going to give our patience and our perseverence a good run :-)

I wish you luck, Neil!

Take care - good talking to you!
Aire