Another new Sigma 6 Figure revealed! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Another new Sigma 6 Figure revealed!

General_Hawk
12-05-2005, 02:56 PM
A Sigma 6 Central exclusive picture, Duke w/ Jet Wings!

http://www.sigma6central.com

Justin

MikePrime
12-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Hmm, I hope this line doesn't get dangerously close to gimmick territory. Look at what happened to the new Masters of the Universe toy line.

Clutch II
12-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Hmm, I hope this line doesn't get dangerously close to gimmick territory. Look at what happened to the new Masters of the Universe toy line.

too late :p

MikePrime
12-05-2005, 04:37 PM
I wonder why they couldn't just release the jet-pack as an accessory? I mean, I know why, to make money off another figure with the same mold, but still.

Bravo
12-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Accessory packs in boys toy lines haven't been big since the 70's (look at RAH, they were discontinued by 1989). Without the items including a figure, there's less appeal to little Johnny to nag mom for it. That's my take on it.

Yes, it was already given the line would be mostly the same handful of characters again and again with gimmicks. Anyone thinking otherwise was naive. There's only a handful of characters on the cartoon. The only male Joe left to do is High Tech. And I wouldn't hold your breath for the ladies.

Mr. Crimson
12-05-2005, 08:10 PM
too late :p

Agreed...

-Lewis

whitedalek
12-05-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm not surprised. It's what kids like today. Just look at the Batman line. There's about 2000 versions of Batman and they sell. Hasbro does what it does to sell figs.

MikePrime
12-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm not surprised. It's what kids like today. Just look at the Batman line. There's about 2000 versions of Batman and they sell. Hasbro does what it does to sell figs.

Not just today, Batman has been made in various gimmick versions since the early '90s.

Magna Prime
12-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Not just today, Batman has been made in various gimmick versions since the early '90s.

Yeah, when I was a kid I always wanted more villains for Batman to fight, but I could never find anything other than 20 different versions of Batman. It always annoyed me, because what good is having all these different gimmics if he has noone to use them against?

statesofeuphoria
12-06-2005, 08:08 PM
I was hoping S6 wouldn't be a have for rehashes and repaints...I guess I can flush that hope down the drain, along with any hope this line will actually survive.