sigma 6 overstocked? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : sigma 6 overstocked?

yo-man2
12-07-2005, 04:28 PM
ok so i was at tru the other day...they had exacltly one of each of the new 9.99 figs......they are now all gone, and had a whole section top to bottom filled with the delux figs.....that's fine keeping the shelves stocked mostly snakeeyes and spirits though but good......then i look up in the top rafters under the flippy things..........all delux sigma six's......then i looked in the other flippy things the whole length of the gijoe bbi knockoff military isle now has delux sigma six guys in the flippy rafters........easily 100-150 of em.......zoinks

Arashikage_Tengu
12-07-2005, 07:43 PM
OVERPRICED !!! If they weren't so pricey, then they wouldn't be overstocked.

GI Steevy
12-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Dude, it is only some 2 weeks until Christmas AND it's a frickin' TOY store, everybody is stocking up for the holidays.

And I'd not be surprised if most of that is gone by new years.

Clutch II
12-07-2005, 09:44 PM
actually i'd be surprised if even a fourth of that is gone by New Years.

toy-nutz
12-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Well localy my one Wal-Mart has sold thru 6 cases of Sigma Six and almost as many of the bikes, the guns are starting to sell thru now. Talking to some of the dept. managers at the other Wal-Marts, they are selling strong still. Target is doing better now and TRU as a company has ordered pretty heavy on S6 due to it's sales leading up to the holiday season.

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All Hail DOB!!

viperlord
12-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Around here Sigma 6 is pretty much collecting dust. Snake-Eyes, Heavy Duty, Spirit, Storm Shadow, all are piled high at Target, K-Mart, and TRU (Wal-Mart here doesn't carry them). The only figure that's selling is Duke, who is impossible to find. As for accessories, the hoverbike is gathering a good inch or so of the grey stuff but the Switchfire blaster seems to be a brisk mover.

So unless something RADICALLY changes in the next couple weeks, I would not consider Sigma 6's Christmas performance in my area a success by any means.

Clutch II
12-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Sigma Six is not selling here as well since i can write words on the top in the dust :eek: :D :cool:

Deogg
12-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Overpriced hunks of junk collecting dust.

They'll be in the 90% off green tag clearance at TRU soon enough......

whitedalek
12-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Wow! I can feel the hate coming through my computer screen! :D Down here, in muggy ol' south Florida, S6 is selling very well from the stores I've been to.

Mr. Crimson
12-08-2005, 03:38 PM
It is the exact opposite here. My local Wal-Mart has yet to even get a case in stock, and the local Toys R Us only got one case that they had not sold last time I checked.

-Lewis

Rotty
12-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Overpriced hunks of junk collecting dust.

They'll be in the 90% off green tag clearance at TRU soon enough......

Yeah, we know you're hoping to be able to buy an army of Ninja BATs on clearance. Here in Portland, OR though, they seem to sell at a rapid pace. I can't go to a TRU or Target twice without seeing new stock.

ridetofight
12-08-2005, 03:51 PM
i work in the back room at target. every once in a while i'm on the salesfloor, and i've been keeping an eye on sigma six. storm shadow, duke, and spirit are selling the best (respectively). for being 2 to a case snakeeyes isn't doing too bad either. theres heavy dutys piling up on the shelves though. i've seen a couple carts with s6 stuff in them. every week or so i run into some desperate parent trying to find our little joe friends on the store shelves. i figured if hasbro was giving it up, it must be for a good reason. but from the response i've gotten personally, it seems like a big gamble with s6. since s6 was put on the shelves about a month ago, we've sold through 3 boxes, have one still sitting, and just got another in last night. the sale that was on last week at target and meijer (and all major retailers i think) really seemed to help out. i really like the heavy duty, ss, and se, but i passed on the rest, and from what i've seen of the figures coming out, i'm not going to buy any more (and the cartoon made me dry heave). i think the figures i have are pretty cool as action figures, but oh how i miss my hydrosephallic-headed joes of old.

Deogg
12-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Yeah, we know you're hoping to be able to buy an army of Ninja BATs on clearance. Here in Portland, OR though, they seem to sell at a rapid pace. I can't go to a TRU or Target twice without seeing new stock.

That was pretty good lol.

But anyhow, I wouldn't have a Ninja BAT army even if Hasbro paid me to have it.

Mr Rage
12-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah....I can feel the hate coming off my computer screen too.

Here in West Michigan...Grand Rapids in particular. S6 sales seem to have picked up as we get closer to the holiday season. Some stores have more in stock than others. The Deluxe figures could sell much better if they lowered the price a bit. One of the Toys R Us in GR had the new figures in...only saw one of each figure...so I take it with the $9.99 price tag parents are more apt to buy the figures. On a side note folks are clamoring for those Star Wars Force Battler figures. Most stores can't keep them on the shelves. I think I might pick up the rest of the figures for my boy.

I really want the entire GI Joe line to succeed. In whatever incarnation.

Mr Rage

Clutch II
12-08-2005, 07:44 PM
well i use eBay as my Barometer on sales and so far they suck in sales there,the only one showing any sales is the new bat at $20 and considering eBay inflated values thats low also they have a bunch with a $10 buy it now of the others so it doesn't sound like its a big seller to me,furthermore my local TRU as of today hase 6 cases in the back unopened and the shelves are flooded with them,and no they are not selling.

GI Steevy
12-08-2005, 08:59 PM
well i use eBay as my Barometer on sales and so far they suck in sales there,the only one showing any sales is the new bat at $20 and considering eBay inflated values thats low also they have a bunch with a $10 buy it now of the others so it doesn't sound like its a big seller to me,furthermore my local TRU as of today hase 6 cases in the back unopened and the shelves are flooded with them,and no they are not selling.
Frankly, that is foolish as Sigma Six has no collector presence. Nobody is going to go to eBay when they can buy the damn thing at TRU just as easily. The people selling Sigma Six on eBay are opportunistic fools who think they MIGHT have a big thing on their hands, or are stores.
Ebay is not an accurate sales barometer on anything but items that cannot be found at retail

GI Steevy
12-08-2005, 09:02 PM
On a side note folks are clamoring for those Star Wars Force Battler figures. Most stores can't keep them on the shelves. I think I might pick up the rest of the figures for my boy.

I saw that as well, quite fascinating. Things are moving faster than the reg. figs.

Clutch II
12-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Frankly, that is foolish as Sigma Six has no collector presence. Nobody is going to go to eBay when they can buy the damn thing at TRU just as easily. The people selling Sigma Six on eBay are opportunistic fools who think they MIGHT have a big thing on their hands, or are stores.
Ebay is not an accurate sales barometer on anything but items that cannot be found at retail

you truly are clueless aren't you pick any toy in stores now and go look at what its selling for on eBay bet you its selling for more then it is in stores.

gunslingercbr
12-08-2005, 10:52 PM
you truly are clueless aren't you pick any toy in stores now and go look at what its selling for on eBay bet you its selling for more then it is in stores.

but what does that mean? more than likely it is collectors buyng those toys on ebay at inflated prices, which was his argument, that Sigma 6 doesn't have a large collectors base willing to pay more than retail price for them.

ebay only shows collector enthusiasm, and mostly only on the short term. that is hardly a way to guage interest of the entire toy buying market towards Sigma 6. very unscientific, and a very fallable standard to apply.

Clutch II
12-08-2005, 10:56 PM
oh yeah i can just see collectors paying big bucks for garbage just like i can see parents paying big dollars for just a figure,i don't see that happening furthermore i don't see that happening in the valley here.

dukeloveswildbill
12-09-2005, 12:39 AM
I don't think that anyone involved in the good aspects of G.I.Joe had anything to do with the S6 line. I think S6 was created entirely by evil corporate fatcats who were bent on profit, where as in the 80s those types weren't quite as evil, and had better taste in making toy lines.

GI Steevy
12-09-2005, 12:41 AM
I think S6 was created entirely by evil corporate fatcats who were bent on profit
But it kept the Xevoz team employed at Hasbro after their line got canned :p

Clutch II
12-09-2005, 12:51 AM
actually the Sigma 6 Line was created to seperate G.I.Joe from being confused by all the clones and such being produced,but to say in the least it was a colossal failure.

whitedalek
12-09-2005, 10:21 AM
Funny, I heard all these arguements back in 1982 when GI Joe came out in 3 3/4". The only difference then is that it was the 12" collectors who whined about the small joes. For years, 3 3/4" collectors had to fight to say, "these are OUR Joes!" Now, 3 3/4" Joe fans are now being the snobbish, elite ones. :p

yo-man2
12-09-2005, 01:52 PM
so i am guess i'm the only one who thinks its weird that they have a whole isles worth of storage devoted to 4 figs

bluebikerboy1
12-09-2005, 02:24 PM
all i know is i bought 4 s6 for my nephews. duke, se, spirit, heavy duty
im sure they will love them. thing is i got them all for under 13 bucks on sale. i dont mind these figs. keep in mind if they flop then so does gi joe for good.