sigma six 12 10 05 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : sigma six 12 10 05

skinny
12-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Pure dreck, joes in horrible outfits in Vegas (I have to admit nice scenery). tunnel rat is an idiot, way too anime for me, scarlett and tunnel rat? snake eyes might have something to say about that not to mention duke.( depends on which continuity you like) i was starting to like this series with the zartan ep. not any more though. Scarlett should have just left tunnel rat tied up in the wiring.

Obiwanjacoby
12-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Scarlett should have just left tunnel rat tied up in the wiring.

Right. She was too forgiving, IMO. I thought Destro's cover-up story to CC was brilliant though. See, it's that kind of flip-flop writing style that makes me think Gonzo is being forced to make it childish in places when they really don't want to.

Can't argue with the younger fans though, Tunnel Rat is popular the way he is.:rolleyes: On the 4Kids forums, some of them actually like the goof-off comic relief.

And the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, either. My generation thought The A-Team's "Howlin' Mad" Murdock was cool for the same reason.:cool: So if I look at it that way, I can deal with it.

I just gotta keep telling myself, "It's only a kid's show, don't take it seriously, only a kid's show, don't take it seriously (OMG! I can't believe they did that), only a kid's show, don't take it seriously, only a kid's show, don't take it seriously. :D

-PJ

Bravo
12-10-2005, 09:15 PM
It wasn't that bad. Certainly not as sleep inducing as a few have been.

"I didn't know it was your birthday, sir?"

Tunnel Rat's, once Hama's image, is a bug eating goof. The show is aimed at kids. Sunbow's Joe team had the oddball Shipwreck and the dumb as a post Bazooka. Neither of which would realistically be on an elite team of covert operatives.

I do wonder how many times they are gonna show Cobra Commander resting his head on his fist like that. I mean, every episode it seems like. Dude, get off the chair, go for a walk.

Obiwanjacoby
12-10-2005, 11:16 PM
"I didn't know it was your birthday, sir?"

I loved that line. :)

Tunnel Rat's, once Hama's image, is a bug eating goof.

I don't think the producers are aware of the individual sanctity we place on Tunnel-Rat.;) I'm not sure they even know who Larry Hama is.

The show is aimed at kids. Sunbow's Joe team had the oddball Shipwreck and the dumb as a post Bazooka. Neither of which would realistically be on an elite team of covert operatives.

True. . .very true. SIGH :(

I do wonder how many times they are gonna show Cobra Commander resting his head on his fist like that. I mean, every episode it seems like. Dude, get off the chair, go for a walk.

LMAO!!! :D

-PJ

karpenter
12-11-2005, 01:59 AM
There's a lot of "anime-isms" in the series because it's done by an Asian animation shop - you see the same type of charaterizations (bipolar sweet/angry-yelling women, goofball comic relief characters, etc.) in just about every anime series out there. I think it's a cultural difference - it's what Japanese fans know and expect, and since most kids today watch anime or anime-style cartoons, it makes sense they would respond to the same things.

But I agree - seeing Tunnel Rat as a goofball idiot, and Scarlett and wearing earings into battle is kinda painful.

At least in the Sunbow series, the Dreadnoks were funny when they were morons...

:rolleyes:

Angry Beef
12-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Overall I liked the episode. A pretty decent plot.

I just started to tune Tunnel Rat out.
The voice acting is just terrible on the show, with the exception of the Cobras.
Duke and High-Tech are shouting all the time. Heavy Duty is one step away from being Bri'r Bear from Song of the South. Scarlett sounds 14. Spirit sounds like an 80 year old indian chief.

I could accept the occasional innainity of the sunbow toon because the voice actors actually acted. There was nuance and tone in their voices. The Joes talked like actual characters in word and in speech.

I wish the human cobra troopers actually looked cool. Right now thaty all look like the AT-TE pilots from Epi. 3.

Dreadnok4life
01-06-2006, 07:40 AM
It's excrement. Nuff said.