Foreign figures as your default [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Foreign figures as your default

Patrick A. Riley
12-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Are there any figures, which are in any way different from the one released in your particular country, that you use as your default figure for that character?

I'm talking different body parts, paint schemes or even the slightest color variance (lighter or darker uniform and/or skin tone)

For me, it would be Chinese Major Bludd. That is the definitive version for me. Better than any other version in paint and parts

The Faceless Master
12-15-2005, 10:08 AM
I used to have Tiger Force Falcon/Flint as my default Falcon

For the longest time i had an Action Force Crimson Guard as my ONLY CG
before I found out that army building was chic
I still have him, he's slightly darker in crimson than the other 3 '86 CGs I have

do the midnight hongkong "proto-type" repaints count as foreign?

Patrick A. Riley
12-15-2005, 10:46 AM
do the midnight hongkong "proto-type" repaints count as foreign?
I have no idea what those are. That information is classified ;)

spiderpumpkin
12-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I really like the Action Force Red Jackal figure as my default Destro. The red shirt with white crossbones and white collar looks awesome and is a big improvement on the 1983 colors.

Bigtattoo
12-18-2005, 10:42 PM
would you count any and all of the US released Joes?

The Baron
01-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah man, I have Jinx as a Red Shadow.

AlternateUniverse Steeler
01-15-2006, 03:38 AM
I use TF Psych-Out as my default. The colors and hair color really work well for him. he currently mans the computer in my Oldskool HQ.

cutter27
02-21-2006, 11:36 PM
I use TF Psych-Out as my default. The colors and hair color really work well for him.

That's my Psyche-Out too... I like the black hair and the colors.

Here's my other foreign defaults:

Brazilian: Quick Kick, Cross-Country, tan Grunt (used as Brazilian character Estopim)
Paraguayan: Ripcord
Funskool: Muskrat

Sevor
03-07-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm using the Funskool Spearhead as my default. Don't have a NF one and just didn't like the bright orange of the original....

Urban Saboteur
03-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Hey,
I too am using the Red Jackal figure as my default destro. Btw I know I am hijacking this thread but can someone tell me.. did the Red Jackal figure come with the same accessories as DestroV1?
I ask as for a while I have only owned the figure and assumed he is incomplete without accessories? :confused:
Help..
NemesisEnforcerFan

The Baron
03-28-2006, 06:18 AM
Nah. Red Jackal, Gaucho, Jammer, Blades and Hunter all came without accessories (obviously not couting vehicles).

Red Laser had his back-pistol, Quarrel the crossbow, Steeler his helmet with visor and an Uzi while Stalker had an Uzi and for some reason a handbag.

Urban Saboteur
03-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Nah. Red Jackal, Gaucho, Jammer, Blades and Hunter all came without accessories (obviously not couting vehicles).

Red Laser had his back-pistol, Quarrel the crossbow, Steeler his helmet with visor and an Uzi while Stalker had an Uzi and for some reason a handbag.

Aw :cool:.. That means my Red Jackal figure is complete then.. well as you say without the Hyena tank but thanks for the additional info baron on the other figures.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 06:32 AM
I just checked on a website.. and they have a picture of RJ in a sealed bubble with the same accessories as Destro V1?
http://www.internationaljoes.com/RedJackal.htm
Is this a reseal or would it be a mailaway type thing.. maybe he was available after the hyena release?
Help someone!

joeboy75
03-31-2006, 04:23 PM
I just checked on a website.. and they have a picture of RJ in a sealed bubble with the same accessories as Destro V1?
http://www.internationaljoes.com/RedJackal.htm
Is this a reseal or would it be a mailaway type thing.. maybe he was available after the hyena release?
Help someone!

I'm curious as to how these figures came around also. All five of the figures metioned in Baron's post I have seen on these bubbles and all 5 had accessories.

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm curious as to how these figures came around also. All five of the figures metioned in Baron's post I have seen on these bubbles and all 5 had accessories.

Hey Baron!!
Whats going on?
The figures on that archive do have accessories.. i hope mine isnt incomplete :(

The 100% Argento Outback
04-01-2006, 01:17 PM
I use Brasil`s Hit `n Run.