Christmas Giveaway! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Christmas Giveaway!

Navajo
12-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Ok, I'm trying to put together a christmas giveaway. I want everybody to get in on this. If there's only like 10 people sign up, I won't even send. I don't care who puts their name in, just do it. I want a bunch of people in on this. I'm still working on the gift, but I think it's gonna be cool. So put your name up, I'll get my daughter to pick a name from a hat and you'll be the winner. Anybody can sign up, Canada, USA, Europe...whoever. The prize will be a box of stuff, nothing too great, but you'll like it...guaranteed. The deadline I guess will be Friday the 23 at 9ish. All you have to do is post your name and one of your toy memories.

There, it's not that hard. I'll tell you one of the piecies of the lot will be a beat up Cobra Mobat. I'll pay for shipping so nobody has to worry. Please, I wanna see a crap load of you guys on here. So add your name, there's gonna be some figs and other stuff too, I promise.

Merry Christmas

Ken

Clutch II
12-18-2005, 05:01 PM
well my best toy memory is when i used to collect Star Wars then G.I.Joe entered the scene with bendable legs and arms and i was hooked from there. :D

so sign me up :cool:

Richard Steinberg

whitedalek
12-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Awfully nice of you, Navajo! :) Sign me up too!

Jeff Francis

Shogi
12-18-2005, 05:25 PM
wow, sounds cool! I'm in!

I remember my very first memory of GI Joe. I was playing on the kitchen floor with a V1 Snake Eyes and a friend of my parents was visiting and asked about my toys. I remember my dad saying they were GI Joes and that they had shrunk them down from the size the ones he used to play with were. For the rest of the 80's I was regaled with stories of these foot tall GI Joes my dad used to play with :)

Scott Perrett

willie&joe
12-18-2005, 05:37 PM
This is so very cool of you.

One of my favorite G.I. Joe Christmas memories is when my brother woke up early and opened and set up all of the Joe toys he and my mom bought me. When I woke up and went out to the tree there was a whole battle field all set up!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Willie Poncy

Patrick A. Riley
12-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Toy memories? Well, I never got Joes for Xmas as a "kid", but I had a nice streak of luck in 2002, winning two Xmas/New Year's giveaways on the boards.
I won Curt's (of GIJoeHQ) Xmas giveaway here (in which I chose a MOC UK Tiger Force Psych-Out) :eek:
And a couple days later, I won a loose set of the 6 1989 Python Patrol figures from John Briggs (via the old TheGIJoeZone board)

I haven't won any giveaways since, but I still enter most just to show appreciation for other people's generosity. Thanx! :)

Patrick A. Riley

GBPackRat
12-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Tanner Dabel

Hmm memories... how's this for one...

'85, x-mas eve I got the Night Raven, on x-mas I got a Mobat...

My first two gi joe vehicles...

Ahh, the memories!

Tanner

jetski333
12-18-2005, 07:32 PM
This morning I woke up & took some of my old joes from a box, one of them was my first ... Lifeline ... a GIJoe I asked for on my 9th bday. Since then I got me at least a couple more of the mail-aways. It's nice bringing back those memories.

-John Ng

Mutt7000
12-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Bill Leach

Well it's not a christmas memory but this is one the the best joe memories I have.... back when I was in 7th grade, not sure my age but probley around 11 or 12. But it was back in 86, my mom got into a car accident and some how she got some money from the insurance. Anyway she gave me $100. And I lived 3 blocks from the mall. So one day I walked to themall after school with my $100 ready to buy some joes. I went to montgomery ward ( I loved it when them and sears sold joes in the store) and bought the entire 86 fig line, havoc and tomahawk, and still had a few bucks to go to the arcade :) the best part was how the cashier at MW was looking at me droping a $100 bill on her and buying all those joe's. After I left the arcade I walked home and was smiling the whole way just thinking of busting those joes out :)

Bigtattoo
12-18-2005, 09:39 PM
great idea.
my best Xmas memory is getting the TTBP when I was 14. It aws the only present I opened and got grief from the rest of my family cos all I wanted to do was play with it. Ahhhh....back in the day.
Chris Elliott
PS if I do happen to be lucky enough to win pm me and Ill pay the shipping. Its unfair to pay to Europe.

ttfndude
12-18-2005, 09:44 PM
sign me up:

So my dad was in the military so we moved a lot, a whole lot when I was young. He was a chief Warrant Officer 2 like Flint, but also an undercover special agent so would be gone for days up to six weeks sometimes, but when he got back he would bring something and we would play with it for hours after. But one time my dad brought back a very top of the line joe scale convertable car from somewhere overseas. You know the steering moved the wheels even the lights turned on and off, but I gave it to the joes as a undercover car that thing was THE vehicle for about a year and got the living crap beat out of it. It was awesome.!!!

ttfndude

kadarle
12-18-2005, 10:02 PM
sign me up on that......

My first gijoe toy was beachhead i remembered bring it to school to show to my classmates...and it got confiscated by my teacher i had to call my mom to get it back....hehehehe....good thing i got it back...

kadarle

devilcat
12-18-2005, 10:14 PM
One time in about the 3rd grade my mom bought a joe as a boys gift for me to exchange in school, I casually switched it out with an unopened ROJ Luke Skywalker. Mom somehow found out and made me keep that Luke figure. The rest of my joes beat the crap outta him. Sold him on ebay about a year ago, may the force be with him.

Joeczar
12-18-2005, 11:14 PM
What the hey, I'm game! This will really show my age, but it's one of my first and best Christmas Memories. I still remember the very first GI Joe I received for Christmas. It was Christmas 1972 and it was an Adventure Team Land Adventurer. That coffin box with the LA looking over his shoulder at the approach of a gorilla was just a hint of the the 30 plus years of adventure to come. Now I have the role of giving GI Joes to my son, this time in the form of Sigma 6. Very different for my time, but still GI Joe, which means the name goes on!

Mike Walstrom

The Faceless Master
12-18-2005, 11:37 PM
it was xmas of 87
All i wanted was a Snake Eyes ver2 or Quick Kick for my present
absolutely nothing else
I had a hard time looking for these two too for some reason :confused:

So my mom tells my aunt about it & said she would be on the lookout for
it in her side of the country as well

Well, Xmas weekend comes along and all of a sudden the shopping centers
in my town had fresh stock of Storm Shadows, Quick Kicks, Crimson Guards
Snake Eyes EVERYTHING!!!! I was BEGGING my mom to get me the Quick Kick
before they run out - she told me that my aunt was arriving in a couple of
days and specifically said NOT to get Quick Kick, so Mom got me the
Storm Shadow & Snake Eyes w/Timber instead.

My aunt finally arrived, I was all excited that my Martial Arts figures would
finally come full circle. She gives me a fancy wrapped present, I give it a
quick once over, its DEFINITELY a GIJOE figure!! I shook it, i felt it up, I
was dying of anticipation, but mom told me not to open it til after dinner at
the restaurant. OK, after the LONGEST hour and a half of xmas history, we
finally get home - i rip open the package to find = Sneak Peek??
I- I- I was stunned, i felt like this was some sort of sick cruel joke...
CHubby SNeak Peek?? Where is my martial arts master???

Mom calls up my aunt, aunt gets me on the phone & says:
"Oh? Sneak Peek, Quick Kick = they all sound the same!!" :mad:

I couldnt tell you how upset I was about that
But my dad went out that same evening & came back with the
Quick Kick figure I had been dreaming about for WEEKS :D

man, talk about Christmas nostalgia!!

Lowlight
12-19-2005, 02:36 AM
My favorite is still Christmas 1982. I had discovered Joes earlier in the year and was very excited at what I might get. The last gift I opened was the Cobra Missile Command. We have it on video and its emberassingly hilarious to watch an 11 year old me freak out over the incredibly cool gift he just received. Of all the things I gave up in my collection, that item makes me the saddest. It was one of my happiest moment from childhood to open that thing.

Robert J. Schmidt

Richard J.
12-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Name's Richard J. Thompson and here's the memory:

It was back in the 90's when the new GI Joe base came out. From the moment I heard about it I wanted that baby so bad. Christmas morning, I come down stairs and the first thing I had to do was the whole stocking bit. All the good stuff is under the tree in another room, so I have dump the stocking out and try to get in there fast.

Finally get to the tree and there's several big boxes. The last one I opened was the base. That very day, the Joes had to defend it against a major Cobra attack. It was especially bad for the Joes because my parents had gone out of their way to get some of the older figures too. The '89 H.E.A.T. Vipers briefly occupied the base, but eventually Duke, Gung Ho, and Beach Head took it back.

And I've gotten something GI Joe every year since! :D

Another great Christmas was that first year that the line was on hold, if you can believe it. My mother found all six of the Python Patrol figures on their cards! When I saw those bad boys under the tree, I practically wept with joy. They're hanging on a wall right now, to be loved and admired forever. Still not exactly sure how my mom found them.

MARSagent
12-19-2005, 07:13 AM
Great idea on the give away!

My very first GI Joe memory was when my older brother got the skystriker for Christmas. Whenever I could get it away from him I played with that thing. Loved GI Joe ever since. Ahh to be a kid again:rolleyes:

Ivan Rivera

code red shockwave
12-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the giveaway. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

My best Christmas memory was back in the year 2000. Ever since my first and only GIJOE vehicle had been given away to charity, I wanted a vehicle so bad just to replace it. I was actually able to get two. One was the Hiss III(one of the best vehicles ever in my opinion) and the Man-O-War sub. I loved them and displayed them proudly up in my bedroom.

Urban Saboteur
12-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Well done for Orgazinng such a great competition!!

Well my joe memory I was about 9. And one day .. I was in school.. i was sat in a lesson when my mum walks in.. embarrassing I know.. I was like..this cannot be happening.
My mum said to the teacher "I've come to collect richard, he has a dentist appointment"
I blurted out "dentists oh no,.Hey i don't remember having an appointment"
"well you have, come on we've disturbed the class enough" said my mum.
So happily believing that i did have this appointment i was walking out of school not looking forward to my trip to the dentist we sat in the car and buckled up.. she turned round and said.. Toys R Us have just got the new GIJOE range in..I said ."but what about my appointment"...my mum said "Seeing as though we're a week away from your birthday we'd go down and pick some stuff out for you.. you haven't really got a dentist appointment i had to say that so they would think it was rational"

I was well chuffed not just with the figures I picked.. but.. because when we got home.. there was still another hour to go before the kids would be out of school so i had a full hours playing time to play with Downtown, Range-Viper, Iron Grenadier and Shockwave.. i was soo pleased with my mum too!.. The fact she finished work early to do all that makes her to me the coolest mum in the world.

My joe memory by Richard Wyatt.

The Real Destro
12-19-2005, 11:20 AM
One memory is this.

Way back in the day a store Childrens Palace was open. To far to walk and ride a bike.. 30 mins or so away, but you get there and something like 5 x 8 peg rows of joes and a section filled of vehicals, I remember seeing tons of tomahawks. But my money was on the figs. I must of visited that store a number of times and spent 20 mins just looking through the figs and taking my time to decide on who to get for 12 bucks.

Jimmyboy
12-19-2005, 11:57 AM
James Conrad

Two Joe Memories: First was the best score of vehicles. My parents bought me the Skystriker and the Stinger for Christmas. I remember not wanting to come to Christmas lunch because of wanting to play and put the vehicles together. Second was the most memorable--my parents had just begun building a house themselves. Christmas rolled around and they shipped me to my sister's house while they worked. Mom & Dad got the house in the dry and habitable but very rough. We had Christmas on plywood floors. They got me a Moray. It was great except that I broke a tab on the blast guard on the hidden missile launcher--ended up gluing the whole thing together. Those were the days! Thanks for holding this give away! Very generous of you!

Darko
12-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Justin Gil

I never got a lot of toys for Christmas, but one year I did manage to get the Python Patrol Conquest from my father, one of the few gifts he ever bought me. It's one of the few vehicles I still have from my childhood, and it currently residing, complete and in good shape (surprisingly enough...I wasn't kind to vehicles as a kid) over my monitor.

Rasputin
12-19-2005, 08:40 PM
2 months ago roughly my grandma passed away :(

One of my fondest memories was when i got my first joe figure (Bullhorn or "Cornu" with the french variant on a Canadian card) and one day i was playing with him and dropped him in like a sewage pipe or something. My grandma picked him up and since she used to be a nurse she disinfected him and he was ready for play within a few hours.

im gonna miss my grandma, i still have bullhorn even though he is missing half an arm and the thumb off the other one

gsmiley007
12-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Count me in.

Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Forgot to add a christmas memory - one christmas I got both the starwars deathstar playset and a racetrack set. I had to choose only one to keep. I choose the deathstar playset

parallax1779
12-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Eric Colf
Ill never forget the first Joe I got. I only had him for about 24 hours. I had a friend over for my birthday party in Kindergarden and he bought me a Spirit figure. Well he liked it so much that he wanted to barrow it. Of course I didnt want to let my figure go without hardly getting a chance to look at it. He started crying and threw such a fit that my mother made me let him barrow it. Long story short that was the last time I saw Spirit. No I take that back I was swiming at his house that summer and saw a broken crotched Spirit laying on the bottom of the pool. I finally got a Spirit last month and had to laugh when I thought how long it took me to get my first Joe back.

ttfndude
12-20-2005, 08:07 AM
Forgot to put my name in the hat when I wrote my story.

John Hendrick

ttfndude

Thanks dude:D

g.i.duke
12-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Favorite Christmas memory was Christmas '85. My dad's boss and friends bought me the Flagg and carried it into our house assembled Christmas morning. Best part was that it made my sister cry, due to it's sheer size and coolness!

Good Times!

Dan Ramsey

starrcommand
12-20-2005, 10:34 PM
my best toy memory would be my first gi joe. It was a 85 cobra eel. My grandfather bought it for me and i couldnt wait to get home to open it so i opened it the car on the way home and i played the heck out of that figure. Man that was the best darn figure ever made.

David Starr

Falcone
12-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Joes were hard to come by for me, but one year when i was real young i got a B-day cake covered in joes:D

josh dolgner

viperlord
12-20-2005, 11:43 PM
I can remember my first Joe, it was 1984 and I was at the local K-Mart, our "big" store and the place I got my toys. I was probably looking for the latest Gobot, but on the way by a shiny chrome head caught my eye. That Destro was the first of many to come.

And as an aside, I bought the VvV Destro at that same K-Mart. Paid a full $2 extra just so I could buy the last Destro from the place where I got the first :) Remember when you mail it, the name's Viperlord ;)

Hector the Collector
12-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Count me in, please.

I can't say that I ever got any joes for Christmas, but I do remember getting a Man From U.N.C.L.E. gun set. I was probably about 8 or so and I thought that was a cool gun set at the time. :-)

Thanks for the contest!!

Hector

dmurray
12-21-2005, 12:05 PM
i don't remember any joe related memories for myself but i was dating a lady and her son got a snowcat for xmas one year and he and i spent the rest of the afternoon putting it together and playing on the floor..:)

Duane Murray

tank1976
12-21-2005, 04:00 PM
I have some old pics. of some of my joes from Christmas. i think it was the Tomahawk that it received. I loved that thing. :D

Sign me up!!

CGC
12-21-2005, 05:01 PM
I remember getting the Terrordrome for Christmas. Wow! I couldn't believe it! If I remember right, that thing was like 60 bucks, and most years that was more than what was spent on all 3 of us kids together! I don't know how my parents came up with the money for that, or even why, but I sure am glad they did.

Anyway, throw my name in the hat, too. Thanks

Jim

Corredor X
12-22-2005, 04:45 PM
I want to participate too :D

Well, I think I can't talk about Christmas without remembering a certain year... And it's not Joe-related...

I was five or four at the time, and there was in TV this series called Trovão Azul (Blue Thunder for the US people, I'm sure some of you remember it, the guy with the helicopter). I was a big fan of it, and wanted Santa Claus to bring me that toy heli that Christmas. I got it and was very happy about it, but this feeling would last only a few moments...

- Mom, look, Santa Claus brought the heli!
- Well, son, it wasn't exactly him...
- No? Who was?
- Your father bought it.
- Why?
- Because... There is no Santa Claus. He doesn't exist. Every year, it was your father that bought the toys and put it in the tree... Son, you have to understand that and...

Remember Luke's face when Vader told him he was his father? I made the same one, scream included. I didn't sleep that night, which I spent looking at the Blue Thunder's box and crying. Well, since I got lots of Joes and Atari cartridges in the next years, I could live with that. But it took time :D

Corredor X/Leo

Shogi
12-22-2005, 06:14 PM
I want to participate too :D

Well, I think I can't talk about Christmas without remembering a certain year... And it's not Joe-related...

I was five or four at the time, and there was in TV this series called Trovão Azul (Blue Thunder for the US people, I'm sure some of you remember it, the guy with the helicopter). I was a big fan of it, and wanted Santa Claus to bring me that toy heli that Christmas. I got it and was very happy about it, but this feeling would last only a few moments...

- Mom, look, Santa Claus brought the heli!
- Well, son, it wasn't exactly him...
- No? Who was?
- Your father bought it.
- Why?
- Because... There is no Santa Claus. He doesn't exist. Every year, it was your father that bought the toys and put it in the tree... Son, you have to understand that and...

Remember Luke's face when Vader told him he was his father? I made the same one, scream included. I didn't sleep that night, which I spent looking at the Blue Thunder's box and crying. Well, since I got lots of Joes and Atari cartridges in the next years, I could live with that. But it took time :D

Corredor X/Leo

OMG! That's awful!
I also had the Blue Thunder Helicopter for X-mas but mine was a much better memory

bluebikerboy1
12-22-2005, 09:29 PM
i remember i was like 9 or 10. my dad went nuts with joes. i remember the parasite, rat, and a stack of figures. i had a lot of fun. we put thoes toys together as father and son. this memory is the greatest for me cause it was the last christmas we spent as a family (parents got divorced that spring). i still have my parasite and i still have some of my old figures. there broken but still there.

thanks for the memories. and thanks for the contest.

Navajo
12-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Ok, under a day to go. Since there's so many people joining, I've decided to send out 3 other gifts. They aren't as big as the first, but they're still something.

Here's what I'm sending out.

For the first name picked...

Navajo
12-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Ok, the other stuff...

Navajo
12-22-2005, 10:40 PM
So that's it. I'll announce the winners tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all........

and to all A good Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clutch II
12-22-2005, 10:43 PM
augh the anticipation is killing me i hope a win me some dreadnoks so i can crew my new W.H.A.L.E.s :D

Navajo
12-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Ok, my little girl picked the names out of a bowl and they are as follows

For the tank and other stuff the winner is CGC

For the 2nd prize, ClutchII
For the 3rd prize, Hector the Collector
For the 4th prize, Spike.
For the 5th prize, ttfndude

Thanks everybody, I wish I could give something to everybody but I couldn't. If everybody who won could send me an email with your addy and stuff I can get the packages ready. I don't know when I'll get them out, as just as you'd expect I'm going to be kinda busy for a bit.

Thanks again, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ken

CGC
12-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Thanks Navajo, & to your daughter, too! Merry Christmas - to everyone.

Clutch II
12-25-2005, 11:12 AM
WooHoo thanks alot :D :D :D :D

Bigtattoo
12-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Once again, thanks for running this. (even tho I never won)

Hector the Collector
12-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks and have a Happy New Year! :-)

Hector

Hector the Collector
01-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Ken, I got my prize today!! Thanks for the Christmas Giveaway and for the prize that you sent me. :-)

Hector

ttfndude
01-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Thank you so much got the items yesterday and it was awesome thank you so much. I couple I needed. You rock thanks again for doing this giveaway.

ttfndude

Clutch II
01-11-2006, 07:35 PM
cool hopefully my items come tomorrow,thanks again Navajo.

CGC
01-13-2006, 12:09 AM
I got my box of goodies today. Maybe I'll see if I can set up a little dio w/ them sometime over the next week or two & put up pics. Thanks again!

Clutch II
01-14-2006, 04:33 PM
just got my package today,thanks Navajo awesome items.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/asterios/oddball/dsc01531.jpg