Skeletons In The Closet [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Skeletons In The Closet

Ted
12-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Every year for the past 12 years now I watch this episode on this day. As many of you know, it takes place on Dec 21. I've made it my personal tradition.

Not only do I like the animation, but the story as well. I like seeing the painting of Destro in the background "follow" Lady Jaye as she walks by.

One of my personal favorites. Anyone do the same thing?

Xerofall
12-21-2005, 09:54 AM
I never noticed the date, but a few nights a week I fall asleep watching the DVDs on my little portable DVD player.

I'll have to check it out tonight... Lady J in a nightgown was nice. :D

danielmd06
12-21-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't traditionally watch the episode on December 21, but I do appreciate the irony. It's one of the better cartoon episodes, too.

I like Spirit ("I sense great evil in this place") and Snake-Eyes roles. Firefly was cool too.

Propadeutic
12-22-2005, 09:11 AM
December twenty-first, the day of the winter solstice. Four days before Christmas and I feel anything but merry. Fact is, I'm spooked.

A great episode all around. My favorite parts are Destro's poor salesmanship at the beginning and Snake-Eyes' commandeering of the Trubble Bubble, an idea reused for the Movie's opening sequence.

The "apartment" exchange between Gung-Ho and Roadblock was nice, too.

"last living heir of Dame Agatha Doyle"--subtle reference to two famous authors?

Falcone
12-22-2005, 02:10 PM
I'll have to check it out tonight... Lady J in a nightgown was nice. :D

agreed:cool:

Kir Kanos
12-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Baroness- "I love long nights"

As a kid, Lady J annoyed me. But when I watched this episode not too long ago, she did look pretty good in that nightgown. It's funny you posted this, I was thinking about how yesterday was the winter solstice, and then I remembered a certain joe 'toon that took place on Dec 21.

starscream2
12-22-2005, 08:52 PM
love the big bird and litel cobras

skinny
12-23-2005, 01:34 PM
cobra claws are coming to town is great especially with the deep message of Mutt not being able to enjoy xmas