Why the difference in price for Wave 2 and 3 of Sigma 6 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Why the difference in price for Wave 2 and 3 of Sigma 6

Lody
12-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Went to TRU today and they had Wave 3 of Sigma 6 (CC, Long Range, Battle Armor SE and someone else) but they were $14.99 and in the storage case type packaging while Wave 2 (Duke, Kamakura, BAT and Tunnel Rat) are on cards and only $9.99. What is the deal with this? Can't Hasbro make up their minds?

BTW...has anyone picked up the BAT and Kamakura and if so what do you think? I am on the fence about whether or not to get them for work.

tstorm_75
12-30-2005, 08:23 PM
the long range, snake eyes and cc are the commando figures and come with more stuff TR, the bat and Kamakura were the more basic figures with not as much weaponsas and detail.

2LT VIPER
12-31-2005, 04:52 AM
dude your work must be forgiving....I'd never display GI JOE in m civilian job just because I would not want the ridicule or the head ache of explaining. My wife accepts it, my kids love it, other than other joe collectors and my close friends...I am in the closet as far as toy collecting goes.:)

whitedalek
12-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Another reason is that the newer figs don't come with the plastic case to put the weapons in. I bought the BAT and the thing that I thought was the case was actually cardboard. However, the weapons would have been too big to fit into it anyway. I like the BAT. The only thing that I don't care much for is the grappling hook hand. You can't really use it too much to pose anything, but for kids, it's wicked cool. The hand is attached by a string and you can pull it way out. Then, with a click of a button, it retracts.

The Faceless Master
12-31-2005, 12:36 PM
more accessories = more $$?
fancier packaging = even more $$?

not sure but these two seem to add up somehow?? :confused: