Snow Job [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Snow Job

Pete The Greek
01-03-2006, 12:21 AM
I usually don't pay close attention to doubles that I may have around. But I noticed this and took some photos.

So do other people with doubles of this figure have a light orange or dark orange/red beard?

Edit: removed old links that didn't work with these ones.

http://img164.imagevenue.com/loc463/th_21454_Snowjobb_122_463lo.jpg (http://img164.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=21454_Snowjobb_122_463lo.jpg)

http://img164.imagevenue.com/loc553/th_21451_Snowjoba_122_553lo.jpg

GBPackRat
01-03-2006, 09:44 AM
No, but I do have the ultra rare ivory (off white) varient Snow Job...

Tanner

danielmd06
01-03-2006, 10:36 AM
What are the corresponding date stamps to each figure?

Pete The Greek
01-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Both stamped 1983 with Hong Kong on the butt.

Shogi
01-03-2006, 12:46 PM
It's prolly nothing big, just Hasbro ran out of paint and the next batch wasn't mixed exactly like the last, I think I have both heads around here somewhere too.

Obiwanjacoby
01-03-2006, 03:17 PM
There's light paint and dark paint variants of other figures. I don't see why Snow Job can't be another.

-PJ

TURNA
01-03-2006, 08:12 PM
is one head from the 97 artic pack?

Pete The Greek
01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
is one head from the 97 artic pack?

That version has silver googles.
http://yojoe.com/action/97/snowjob2.shtml

danielmd06
01-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Both stamped 1983 with Hong Kong on the butt.

Apologies for the delay in responding, Pete.

There is at least one variant of the 1983 American version of Snow Job. One has more of a "true" orange coloration to his beard, and one has a beard that is a darker, more red-orange color. You've got them both.

I've heard of the two different figures, but never seen both. The one I have seen is the red-orange bearded figure. I'm sure that more knowledgeable collectors here can shed more light on the two.

My personal assumption was that the lighter bearded Snow Job was the earlier version, and perhaps slightly harder to find.

Hope this helps and sorry for not being able to offer more.

danielmd06
01-07-2006, 03:07 PM
One additional note. Zach, Trent, and a couple of others have original 20-back MOC Snow Jobs. You could check with them and see what color beard those particular figures have, and that might solve which version was released first.

Any other carded collectors reading this?

Pete The Greek
01-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Apologies for the delay in responding, Pete.

There is at least one variant of the 1983 American version of Snow Job. One has more of a "true" orange coloration to his beard, and one has a beard that is a darker, more red-orange color. You've got them both.

I've heard of the two different figures, but never seen both. The one I have seen is the red-orange bearded figure. I'm sure that more knowledgeable collectors here can shed more light on the two.

My personal assumption was that the lighter bearded Snow Job was the earlier version, and perhaps slightly harder to find.

Hope this helps and sorry for not being able to offer more.

No worries. This is more info that I was expecting. It would be interesting to see which version came out first.

Falcone
01-07-2006, 10:54 PM
7 of my 8 (yes 8:rolleyes: ) are darker and the one that is lighter i think is just worn....

tarz_an2003
01-04-2007, 07:15 PM
To Pete The Greek and to whom else it may concern,

I've just recently won and received a 1983 SNOW JOB off eBay that included his original uncut mail-away file card and original accessories! And I would like to say that Pete's DEFINITELY got a variation of Snow Job and I ALSO have the evidence here to confirm that!

The BREAKDOWN:
The 1983 retail version was more-than-likely, the more darker (red-orange) bearded figure. I'd like to also ADD that this version does also appear to have a more pale face, in the skin tone color.

The 1983 variant that we're all here speculating about, appears to be the lighter (orange ONLY) beard. AGAIN, I'd like to add that I also noticed another neat variation with this variant upon inspection, and that it boasts a darker skin color. His face isn't as pale, but rather, has a more tanner appearance in skin color. I won this particular variant with my uncut mail-away file card off eBay, along with several other auctions from the same eBay seller...

I TOTALLY "lucked out" when I acquired some of the more harder-to-find mail-away FCs from this very same person on eBay! With that being said, it's safe to assume that this particular variation of Snow Job (light orange, darker skin color) was the one that was originally included with the mail-aways back then...

thunt4
01-05-2007, 05:18 PM
can someone post the pic again. the bandwidth is used up on your site. I have an idea but need to see it.

Pete The Greek
01-11-2007, 12:55 PM
can someone post the pic again. the bandwidth is used up on your site. I have an idea but need to see it.

I re-took the pictures and uploaded them in the first post.

And tarz_an2003 is right about the skin colour as well.

GIJoeCollector
01-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Is there a number or letter designation on the front of the neck of either head? I have a Wild Bill "variation" that shows production stamping on the different heads:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/GIJoeCollector/JoeVariations/IMG_3075.jpg

I would think that if the Snow Job heads were from different releases, as in retail vs. mail-away, that your Snow Jobs would have some sort of marking. Then again if it was just different paint colors and not a new molding then maybe it wouldn't. :confused:

EDIT: In looking closer at your picture (only the top one seems to be working), it appears that the head on the left has a "2" on it.