View Full Version : Evilbay.. The community darkens.

Urban Saboteur
01-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Okay. So Just to keep the peace. I will refrain from mentioning the ebay User ID. Its not that I am a coward more than I dont want the thread to be shut down.

So heres my problem with Ebay or more to the point some of the members. As a frequent Buyer on ebay I came across a member who I crossed swords with. Now.. It seems he has a habit of bidding on multiple GI JOE Items.. not individually in chronological order.. but all at once.. with no intention of playing fair... he has just short of 70!! Bid Retractions in the last 6 Months:eek:..I aint no fan of maths but.. thats 11.3 retractions per month and a rate of two a week.. which explains his actions as a buyer..

He bids lets say for instance in the past.. a Defiant.. not one ... but two and then bids on two or three thunder machines too.. he maxes out each one and has no intention obviously of buying every single item. Its just once he's won one.. he retracts his other bids.. saying they are a mistake or something like a payment didnt come through and he's hit financial trouble.
Maybe that this is the way to go.. but I checked this member out.. and he started on ebay the same time as me.. I have never had to retract a bid..for any reason.. but I could understand it if he had say 2 or 3 in the last 6 months but not 68!!.. He;s clearly abusing the system?

Who else has come across ebay members playing unfair ball game?.. I have won some good stuff off ebay through honest bidding.. I dont scalp and i certainly dont abuse the bid retraction system.. I play fair... so am i just moaning or do I have a genuine cause for concern.

Obiwanjacoby
01-03-2006, 09:18 PM
I have never had to retract a bid..for any reason.. but I could understand it if he had say 2 or 3 in the last 6 months but not 68!!.. He;s clearly abusing the system?

Yes, absolutely. This person needs to be outed ASAP, please. Doesn't matter who it is. We need to know so they don't screw with any of our auctions. This bidder needs to be reported.

-PJ

Merax
01-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I have had 2 people do that to me in the past. Usually it is a simple error in bidding. Someone gets in a hurry and instead of putting 30.00, they may put 300.00 by mistake and not catch it until the auction is almost over or when someone runs the bidding up on them and comes close to their max.
Every once in a while there are some who will max bid on several of the same items, win one, and retract all the others. Those are the ones I ban from my auctions. (Or did until I started just having buy it now prices only)
A simple mistake I am usually pretty understanding about, we have all made them in the past. That many from one person should be looked into by ebay and have his account suspended.
I also don't think it is against board rules to maybe mention him in the bad traders section? (someone correct me if i'm wrong, but that's where I would put it if it were me warning others about them).

stad
01-03-2006, 09:27 PM
I thought eBay automatically suspended people over a certain amount of bid retractions per six month period, that's obviously not the case. PLEASE, out this guy!!

Urban Saboteur
01-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Yes, absolutely. This person needs to be outed ASAP, please. Doesn't matter who it is. We need to know so they don't screw with any of our auctions. This bidder needs to be reported.

-PJ

Hey no worries guys.. I have reported him to ebay with my findings.. I had a hunch I was doing the right thing.. Its just I merely want to discuss the problem.. how many people are actually willing to do this.. etc..it just doesnt seem to be fair ball play.. Lets put it this way.. I can understand totally if every once in a while due to overexcitement or a genuine mistake.. someone accidentally puts in 400.00 instead of 40.00 thats fine, but he honestly hasn't done this accidentally nearly 70 times in the last half a year, the other thing Is he's been a member for 9 Months.. And he has bought of a few of the guys I know of on this forum.. the frustrating thing is this.. he hasn't got any negative feedback.. as his system clearly works... he retracts the others before the auction ends.. its sooo annoying as I fear that because he has got so much feedback.. ebay will not take my comments into action. I spoken to a friend on MSN messenger tonight
He says the same guy once bid against him for a defiant shuttle complex.. whats more,.. he was bidding on another at the same time and.. two hardtops and a payload?
To me it just seems so unfair.. I know one thing.. If ebay doesnt do something about it .. I may change my policy and let you guys in on who it is.... For the seller I don't suppose it matters that much.. as either way they get a buyer.. and get the cash they want for the Item they are selling but for someone that plays by the rules.. this only spurs me to buy outside of ebay.
Nem

whitedalek
01-03-2006, 10:08 PM
That guy is definitely abusing the system and I'm glad that you reported him. Every time you see him doing it, report him again. Eventually, ebay will notice, hopefully, and do something about it.

Clutch II
01-03-2006, 10:35 PM
i still say out him here :D

orionlukteel
01-03-2006, 10:50 PM
I have 2 bid retractions since I started on eBay in '99, both for the very simple reason that I entered a comma instead of a period. So a $1.49 bid becomes $1490 in a hurry, and for most things that really ain't worth it. :D

This guy is abusing the system, and I'm pretty sure I know who it is, having backed out of several auctions after seeing the same name with stupid bids over and over again. Report him to eBay, and please PM me or post the username so I know I've blocked the right eBayer from bidding on my auctions.

Urban Saboteur
01-03-2006, 11:03 PM
I have 2 bid retractions since I started on eBay in '99, both for the very simple reason that I entered a comma instead of a period. So a $1.49 bid becomes $1490 in a hurry, and for most things that really ain't worth it. :D

This guy is abusing the system, and I'm pretty sure I know who it is, having backed out of several auctions after seeing the same name with stupid bids over and over again. Report him to eBay, and please PM me or post the username so I know I've blocked the right eBayer from bidding on my auctions.

Well..orionlukteel
I just PM'd you. I can only hope that ebay does there job. Unless they can outright explain all 68 retractions within such a short space of time.
Nem

Clutch II
01-03-2006, 11:04 PM
if its possible i would like to know who it is.

Urban Saboteur
01-03-2006, 11:13 PM

I will let you know what happens. As I said If possible I want to refrain from confrontation on this thread as it usually ends up in bannings or the thread being shut down.
I want to see if at all possible E-Bay take action. If they do their job and just investigate this guy and punish him accordingly then fair play to them. I will only post the member name on here if they fail to do anything about it.. they advised if they are to do anything about it its usually within 24 Hours as they consider it to be a serious offence. (PM) Sent Also.

mrandjr
01-03-2006, 11:51 PM

Need your Gossip fix Clutch? :)

The Faceless Master
01-03-2006, 11:58 PM
i am not the culprit of THIS scenario by NEF - but i am very guilty of this

I actually had up to 25 bid retractions in a 6mo span
a coupla years ago on evil-bay... BUT it was due to two reasons:

1> I would bid too high, lets say $18- for a silly lot of weapons auctions from
the same eBay seller just becuz I really really didnt wanna lose to a higher
bidder
but upon futher review, the lot of weapons or figures werent worth that
much = so i ended up retracting my bids on 12 of the auctions
BUT I would re-bid with a lower bid, $10- for each weapons lot instead
of the ridiculously high $18

2> I didnt had the funds & my chief financial officer aka wifey told me no
PayPal transactions for the next few weeks. And after emailing the seller
if they can wait 3 weeks til after the auction ends for payment, they refused
so I had no choice but to completely retract my bid

NewKid
01-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I must first apologize to the members who are treating this situation professionally, and the mods who possibly don't want me to post this for obvious reasons. I am sorry. This guy has burned me in countless auctions.

His user id is 8260nicolas. Do what you will with this info, I had to get it off my chest.:mad:

orionlukteel
01-04-2006, 11:59 AM
I don't see any reason why the username shouldn't be posted. It doesn't contain any personal information, and the bid retraction history is clear from looking up the user ID.

I personally will be blocking him from bidding (I think I may have already). I would urge all other sellers to do the same.

carnage717
01-04-2006, 12:21 PM
You know 8260nicolas has bought alot of stuff from me over the past couple of months I didnt even realize he had that many bid retractions. Almost all the stuff he bought was from my ebay store so he couldnt retract the bid he just had to buy the part. He did bid on a couple of my auctions but he ended up getting outbid anyways, he also never retracted any bids on my auctions either. I will have to keep an eye open now when he bids on my auctions, even though he is a valued customer if I he ever should retract a bid I think I wont have any other choice to put him on my non-bidders list. I am quite surprised ebay hasnt done anything by now. That is a seriously large amount of bid retraction for the amount of time hes been a member.

Brad

Urban Saboteur
01-04-2006, 12:23 PM
I must first apologize to the members who are treating this situation professionally, and the mods who possibly don't want me to post this for obvious reasons. I am sorry. This guy has burned me in countless auctions.
His user id is 8260nicolas. Do what you will with this info, I had to get it off my chest.:mad:

I agree in outting the ID, I did state I was going to do this.. but would it have killed or even hurt to adhered to what I requested?
Ebay said they was going to deal with the situation and I allowed them 24 Hours in dealing with it. With only a few more hours remaining would it honestly have killed you to wait?

As you stated, you needed to get this off your chest and you have already stated your appology to those that are treating the matter professionally. I started the thread in the hope I could gain some insight into this experience without logging the guys ID on the Forum too early....I guess that opportunity has now gone.
Nem

Urban Saboteur
01-04-2006, 12:31 PM
You know 8260nicolas has bought alot of stuff from me over the past couple of months I didnt even realize he had that many bid retractions. Almost all the stuff he bought was from my ebay store so he couldnt retract the bid he just had to buy the part. He did bid on a couple of my auctions but he ended up getting outbid anyways, he also never retracted any bids on my auctions either. I will have to keep an eye open now when he bids on my auctions, even though he is a valued customer if I he ever should retract a bid I think I wont have any other choice to put him on my non-bidders list. I am quite surprised ebay hasnt done anything by now. That is a seriously large amount of bid retraction for the amount of time hes been a member.
Brad

Hello Brad,
Yours was one of the ID's I noticed off ebay that he'd bought Items from. I did notice most were vehicle parts that are bought from the shop as you say.. But also as said earlier.. the problem seems to be that he infuriates buyers more than the seller. I think even though ebay will check this dude out his feedback is very impressive.. so he may have bought most of that stuff not just because he needed it but because he is very clever.
Talking with a Action Force Friend on MSN last night he'd crossed swords with him last year.. and we both agreed he was particularly cunning in that he definately bid on rare items or items that were considered difficult to obtain and as already stated..the large amount of bid retractions in a short space of time and it not being immediately flagged would suggest to me that someone at ebay isn't monitoring the situation closely enough.. not just with him but with anyone else that abuses the system.
Nem

NewKid
01-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Hey Nem,
I'm sorry if I screwed up your plans in some way. I misinterpreted your post somehow and thought you were keeping the ID private till ebay investigated because you didn't want to be the "bad guy" if they said everything was ok. I was just trying to be the bad guy for you. With this particular user, I wanted to be the bad guy. You are right, it wouldn't have killed me to wait and I would have, had I known it to be your intention. Tim

carnage717
01-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Hello Brad,
But also as said earlier.. the problem seems to be that he infuriates buyers more than the seller. I think even though ebay will check this dude out his feedback is very impressive.. so he may have bought most of that stuff not just because he needed it but because he is very clever.

I would think that it would make sellers madder than buyers. If I want to bid on 10 Flaggs and buy them then theres really nothing wrong with it. As a buyer I normally dont bid on any items Im wanting til the last few minutes of an auction. In which case if had a retracted a bid after winning another auction I wouldnt even see it because Im only going on what the current bid is. As a Seller though say he bid on an item of mine and drove the price up higher than it normally goes for. Once the price gets high some people just take it off their watch list. Then he goes and retracts his bid which meens I will have fewer people watching the auction than I normally would. What I think he is doing is he sees something he's really interested in but is not quite sure what he wants to pay for it. He bids a very large amount so it pushes the current bidder past their high bid mark. This lets him know what the current bidder is willing to pay for the item instead of being in the dark like most of the auctions are. If the price is within what he willing to pay for it he just leaves the bid in. If the current bidders price is to high then he retracts his bid and the current bidders price goes back to where it was before he bidded. If this is what he is doing the problem I have is that he is exposing the current bidders high bid to everyone else as well. Believe me I have had my fair share of headaches from 8260nicolas, but that is complete different subject. I will be keeping a close eye on him both as a seller and as a buyer. I have bid against him a few times on items I need but I ususally end up outbidding in the last couple of minutes anyways so it usually never a problem.

Brad

Urban Saboteur
01-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Hey Nem,
I'm sorry if I screwed up your plans in some way. I misinterpreted your post somehow and thought you were keeping the ID private till ebay investigated because you didn't want to be the "bad guy" if they said everything was ok. I was just trying to be the bad guy for you. With this particular user, I wanted to be the bad guy. You are right, it wouldn't have killed me to wait and I would have, had I known it to be your intention. Tim

You see.. S'okay Tim.. You have offered your apologies in the previous post... tbh, as a serious buyer on ebay (by this I mean someone that only bids on something they intend on buying).. Its the first time I have come across this problem. As part of a snag I wanted people that hadn't outted but had come across this guy or others doing something similar to come forward.. as sort of evidence offer to present to ebay.
I've checked his ID and it doesn't look like they have done anything as of yet.
We can only but hope they do something about him and leave the rest of ebay to play fair ball game.
Nem

Urban Saboteur
01-06-2006, 04:46 PM
:(..Okay I gave Ebay 48 Hours with this guy? I have been back to his profile.. and nothings changed
I aint totally sure what to make of it all.. I have raised a concern that this guy is abusing the bid retraction system? Looking at the account they have let him off?
:(..Hmm.. Maybe he's done totally nothing wrong.. its not up to ebay to explain to me..why he has that many.. but i thought he at least would have a temp suspension?

Finally the buyer is from France.. His ID is 8260nicolas. I would like to send him an email or warning.. but it seems I better adhere to following the rules.

PLEASE NOTE
The buyer multi bids on GIJOE Items he really needs.. once he's won one he retracts his bid on the others before the auction ends.. therefore not getting a negative feedback rating.

Clearly by ebay not doing anything about this buyer they are clearly sending a message to me that this is okay...
I'll be back in touch with ebay soon
Nem

orionlukteel
01-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Currently 8260nicholas is bidding up an auction I'm watching but have no intention of buying. (Watching for curiosity's sake)

Funny thing is, it was someone ELSE who retracted their bid, not him. The guy who did has 5 retractions in the last 6 months.

61 bid retractions in the last six months and counting for 8260nicholas.

Sellers, again I will repeat the advice to block him from bidding so you won't get burned.

Urban Saboteur
01-27-2006, 03:50 PM
And still .. I just checked ebay.. he still continues his games.. I hate this guy.. :mad:.. I don't usually hate anyone.. but this guy is an exception.. he;s deliberately abusing the bid retract system, what is worse I've emailed ebay and followed the rules.. and still got nowhere.. hum... yes something does indeed Hum.
NEMESIS ENFORCER FAN

G.I.*JOCK
01-27-2006, 05:41 PM
I have had this menace bid against me several times on ebay, and know all about him, he first came to my attention in october 2005. I believe there is something shady about this ebay user and that in someway he has broken the rules. I have just wrote to ebay expressing my concerns, that he has at some point, more than once broken ebay's rules and how the user in question is putting me off ebay. Look out Joe e-tailers, here I come! :-D

I hope this underhand idiot gets nailed!

Dave

Urban Saboteur
04-05-2006, 06:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=6044639316
Unfortunately no he hasn't been nailed.. he's recently won from one of Reiltoys auctions too! :(
I can't believe he's still allowed on ebay.. by them not doing anything about his bid retract abuse ebay are stating his conduct is acceptable and for me thats not good enough :mad:
Very disgruntled ebayer!
N3M

starrcommand
04-06-2006, 08:45 AM
I just put a block on him. So if anyone wants to bid on anything I sell you wont have to worry about him.

skyline
08-17-2006, 04:45 PM
8260nicolas

EDIT-Please refrain from posting personal information in the forums, per forum rules.-END EDIT

FRANCE

Urban Saboteur
08-28-2006, 07:56 PM
I forgot to mention to you skyline.. you can't post personals on the forums.
As an update.. I'd like to clarify skylines situ.. its my understanding the same ebay user 8260Nicolas purchased in december or january some moc figures.. he complained to paypal/ebay that he never received them.. and went through the process of claiming his money back.

However he's recently sold the same items on auction on ebay.. so its trader beware with this guy.. he certainly seems to be leading himself down the road of wrongdoing.

darthspidey
08-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Glad to see we have those mutant eyes looking out for us Nem!!!
Thanks for the very usefull info!!

Stileto
09-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Can anybody report him to "consumer rigths" or "defence" or something?
Its looks like he is harming a lot of ebuyers...

Urban Saboteur
09-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Can anybody report him to "consumer rigths" or "defence" or something?
Its looks like he is harming a lot of ebuyers...

Well tbh, it's not like we haven't tried. I've reported this guy to ebay many times.. and nothing has been done. :(
This sounds probably like I am picking.. but I'm wondering.. or at least beginning to think.. that this person is.. .untouchable.. sort of..

Urban Saboteur
09-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Whilst I dont seek any pleasure in letting everyone know this information.. :rolleyes: I'd like to direct peoples attention to the following...
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=8260nicolas&iid=

I did report him again 3 weeks or so ago.. and I don't know what the exact reasons for him being removed.. and I'd like to take an honorary mention to G.I.*Jock who told me this afternoon.. geeeesh September started out so lousy...but its ending on a high!!
Goodbye 8260 Nicolas.. It's.. been fun playing.. :D

Goldbug
09-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Good riddance. I would have hated it if he bid on any of my auctions then retract a bid at the last second.
I had an auction end today. During the last 10 minutes 2 people asked 2 dumb questions. I specifically state to ask questions before the last day. I'm not on staring at my computer screen waiting for questions! :rolleyes:
Plus the answers to their questions were in plain sight. I gave a link to the manufacturer's website. Then they didn't even bid in the end either.

whitedalek
09-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Good riddance. I would have hated it if he bid on any of my auctions then retract a bid at the last second.
I had an auction end today. During the last 10 minutes 2 people asked 2 dumb questions. I specifically state to ask questions before the last day. I'm not on staring at my computer screen waiting for questions! :rolleyes:
Plus the answers to their questions were in plain sight. I gave a link to the manufacturer's website. Then they didn't even bid in the end either.

I feel your pain, Goldbug. I state (in large, bold letters) the fact that I combine shipping on multiple auctions. Every week, I get 5+ emails asking, "do you combine shipping?" ARGHH!!! Plus, I've been selling a lot of Star Trek/Star Wars stuff for my brother lately (in auctions; I usually put stuff in my ebay store) and I get questions in the last few hours of "how much to ship to this foreign country?" It drives me crazy sometimes. They've only had 6 days to ask beforehand.

Goldbug
09-24-2006, 09:28 PM
O M G!
Another auction just ended. I click reload and guess what? Yes another unbelievably stupid question!
A "how much is shipping to 00000?"
I use the "calculate" shipping option. This just boggles the mind!
I am soooo tempted to list "common sense" as an auction item! :mad:
I know it might not make a whole lot of difference. However how are other auction sites like Yahoo, Overstock, & Amazon.com compare?
I'm just looking for some feedback on others experiences with them.

orionlukteel
09-24-2006, 10:17 PM
I did report him again 3 weeks or so ago.. and I don't know what the exact reasons for him being removed.. and I'd like to take an honorary mention to G.I.*Jock who told me this afternoon.. geeeesh September started out so lousy...but its ending on a high!!
Goodbye 8260 Nicolas.. It's.. been fun playing.. :D
[/FONT]

Sorry, NEF, it appears 8260Nicolas is back up and running. My only advice to anyone selling would be to block him, although he seems to have dropped his bid retraction habit recently.

whitedalek
09-24-2006, 11:05 PM
O M G!
Another auction just ended. I click reload and guess what? Yes another unbelievably stupid question!
A "how much is shipping to 00000?"
I use the "calculate" shipping option. This just boggles the mind!

Good luck there! I use a flat shipping rate for my auctions. If there's any way I can cut down the idiotic questions, I'll do it! :p

Urban Saboteur
09-25-2006, 06:07 AM
Sorry, NEF, it appears 8260Nicolas is back up and running. My only advice to anyone selling would be to block him, although he seems to have dropped his bid retraction habit recently.

I swooped by ebay last night and noticed 8260 Nicolas is infact in business again. It appears his account was temporarily suspended.. most probably due to non-payment of his fee's.
I suspect 8260Nicolas might have curbed his ways.. we'll just have to wait and see.
NemesisEnforcerFan

zartan15
09-25-2006, 04:16 PM
O M G!

no one that needs it would bid.

Volleydan
08-28-2007, 01:43 PM
UPDATE:

8260nicholas just outbid me on an auction today. It's a shame too, as this was a nice item.

His feedback is now "private", so you can't see how many bid retractions he's up to :mad:

Syna3sthesia
08-28-2007, 01:51 PM
UPDATE:

8260nicholas just outbid me on an auction today. It's a shame too, as this was a nice item.

His feedback is now "private", so you can't see how many bid retractions he's up to :mad:

I dealt with this user as well. He is one of the worst.

Viper Commander
08-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Ebay is really screwing up big time, they accused me of shill bidding with a member that I have never done business with before. I only have one ebay account, and I am the only one that uses my computer. There is no one in my family that sells toys and I know nothing of the account that Im associated with. The only thing that I can think of is that my last name is very very common, and my city has a lot of people from the same ethnic background as me. I look on ebay's answer center and disscusion board and find out that Im not the only one this has happened to. The only members that have the problem taken care of are powersellers with phone acces to Ebay, and regular member are just out of luck. They will not address your concerns, but merely respond with a canned form email. Ebay sucks! :mad:

Urban Saboteur
01-07-2008, 11:17 AM
So rehashing out an old thread here. More of an update really.
I guess this could be moved to the Buy sell and trade faq as trader beware.
8260nicolas sent me a message on ebay this afternoon inquiring on several vintage figures.
Flash, Grand Slam, Short Fuze, Clutch, Rock n Roll etc.

So i quote him back, despite everything I hate and abhor ignorance, I certainly wasn't going to ignore a buyer, i decided to message him and tell him that I did have some of the figures he was looking to buy,
Mainly a Royal Guard figure mint loose and complete as well as the Short Fuze and Flash from my store.

Now my first message, I wasn't rude and wasn't demeaning, I could of been, seeing as though this same guy abuses the bid retract system and has a really horrible etiquette for ebay.
I mentioned to my potential international customer that most of my store purchases and listings are all available as multiple purchase lots meaning i can usually save money on shipping, however i also mentioned that I may require International Signature on these, due to them being vintage figures and it being an international transaction (it clearly states this on my store listings anyways).

So he gets back to me and says he's interested in the royal guard but only wants to pay minimum £3.50 in a bubble envelope going standard airmail to France. :mad: Apparently he's bought GIJOE from the UK in the last 3 years and this is standard practice.. I should let him know if i'm interested in selling.. :rolleyes:

Ok so I message him back, this time explaining clearly my reasons for not using this service for these figures. I also mentioned that he has a questionable etiquette on ebay, and my reasons for quoting a signature service are done to protect both buyer and seller for the transaction to be secure and safe.
Since if i send by standard airmail, it goes missing (or he claims to have not received it) I'd have no proof and he'll get his cashback via paypal claim..i'd be out on the deal right?

Btw i should also mention it's not the first time he's done something shady on a deal, those that have stores and deal in gi joe, be very careful dealing with him. ;)
Rich
P.S I just realised he can't buy anything unless he creates a new account anyways.. I added him to my block list back when this thread started ages ago. :o

carnage717
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Do yourself a favor and leave him on your blocked list. He pulled something on me back when he was buying stuff off me. He was interested in some Hurricance missiles I had for sale and kept offering me very little money for them instead of just paying the listing price. I kept denying his offers even though he kept making them. I finally told him that I was never going to sell them for less than the listing price so he ended up buying them at list price. He did the whole thing about not wanting to pay for certified mail so sent them International first class. Well 2 week later, I start getting emails about he never received them and was wanting a refund. After a month he was still saying that they were lost so I had no choice but to give him a refund back because paypal would have done it anyways because I had no proof of delivery thanks to him insisting on it going the cheap way. Well hes been on my blocked list for along time now and hes not coming off it anytime soon. Save youself the hassle and dont deal with him, If he doesnt like your deal he will just say he didnt recieve and keep his money and your items.

XtremeWRATH360
01-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I been with ebay since 2001 and have only had one bid retraction.

skyline
01-07-2008, 02:58 PM
8260nicholas tried the same thing on with me, but it worked out to be better for me, I sold him £300/$600 worth of joes and he paid me fast I sent the items with tracking and he claimed he never got them so I put in a claim and in the Uk international claims take 3 months but lucky for me he was impatient or thought he would of got a refund quicker and just needed the money but just at the end of the 3 months he put the same figures I sold him up on Ebay and about 2 days later the insurance claim came through so I got £600/$1200 for £300/$600 lol.

williamwells1
01-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Just woundering if anyone on the board has sold on ebay and when you shipped something packaged well...and when they got the item,They said it was broken and wanted a refund?ive heard of pepole switching items out on you..and saying it was broken.Its happen to me a while back.I ask for pics of the item i sent to compare to what i shipped and he didnt even bother getting back just left a neg feedback.:( i knew what he was up to.I guess he knew if he sent pics then i would have busted him out.How could someone protect them self from this scam?

Urban Saboteur
01-08-2008, 05:00 AM
Do yourself a favor and leave him on your blocked list. He pulled something on me back when he was buying stuff off me. He was interested in some Hurricance missiles I had for sale and kept offering me very little money for them instead of just paying the listing price. I kept denying his offers even though he kept making them. I finally told him that I was never going to sell them for less than the listing price so he ended up buying them at list price. He did the whole thing about not wanting to pay for certified mail so sent them International first class. Well 2 week later, I start getting emails about he never received them and was wanting a refund. After a month he was still saying that they were lost so I had no choice but to give him a refund back because paypal would have done it anyways because I had no proof of delivery thanks to him insisting on it going the cheap way. Well hes been on my blocked list for along time now and hes not coming off it anytime soon. Save youself the hassle and dont deal with him, If he doesnt like your deal he will just say he didnt recieve and keep his money and your items.

This alone is good enough reason not to deal with him, he's sent me two or three messages pleading to be taken off the list now.. :rolleyes:
I abhor ignorance, but for once I'm going to have to stick with it and let him take the hint when I don't respond.
His last message was something like "Hi, I want to buy the 3 GIJOE'S but it won't let me buy until you move the restriction"

I've already stated that I wont be selling to him under the terms he sets and certainly not when his ebay etiquette is so appaling.

For those that haven't dealt with 8260nicolas, do as Carnage says and block him, he'll get the hint eventually, I've had enough headache's over christmas and wont be adding to my own misery in dealing with him.
Thanks for the updates & responses guys.

So in response to William Wells:
I think the best bet is to track the item and pay for insurance isn't it? An item that is damaged during transit is an insurance claim. Your integrity as a seller is in question when the buyer states that they received the item as damaged. Knowing fully well you packed the item solidly and well it's possible then they are pulling a scam on you?

I've had this probably twice in my dealings on ebay, I've also had the ones where they've stated the item not turning up as I've used domestic postage only, When I explain that I'll have no problem refunding them after Royal Mail refund me for the lost package. This takes 14 days to be classed as lost. Then the time spent dealing with royal mail on top of this.
Once they find this out I suddenly get an update from them "Oh it's turned up today, many thanks" Really.. :rolleyes:

Very convenient I must say.. I have sent over 500 items from ebay now, possibly more than this with outside transactions on forums. Only 1 single item has gone missing, that was to Italy and it was to a buyer who I really didn't think was telling the truth. Overall considering what they handle and what they do. I think Royal Mail do a fantastic job and the system does work.
Rich

skyline
01-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Ive had quite alot go missing including a Black Zarak to the USA worth $400 and that had tracking on it, royalmail always payout (excluding the black zarak long story) but they do take along time.

skyline
01-20-2008, 05:24 AM
I would love to know how this guy still has 100% pos feedback? as I negged him my self, it is very strange.

ttfndude
01-20-2008, 11:13 PM
This is the reason I gave up ebay. We had a guy that claimed his item was trashed when it got there and myself with 100% feedback was put over a barrel to get a neg feedback and finally caved and payed back all but shipping but this person wouldn't send pics nor did he buy insurance which is offered but per buyers choice. Than we had our identity stolen on ebay and cars were put on there for sale and ebay trashed us when we tried to tell them it wasn't us but someone else who stole our identity through their website which they denied than they stripped all our information out and we tried putting it back in but I was not sure as I didn't want to get ripped off again. Long story short this and other things just made me quite as you don't get any help from their company, if I ran a company like that it would be shut down but I guess some people are desperate enough to keep using it.

I wish there was an alternative we could use than ebay would be put into a more customer oriented front or loose business

ttfndude

killface
01-21-2008, 12:50 AM
As someone who plans on selling through ebay in the next few months or so, I appreciate knowing about scum like this.

People like that are exactly why I encourage potential collectors to join boards like this, if they have plans to buy Joes, SW, TFs, etc.

heatviper
01-21-2008, 01:24 AM
Ebay is a safe haven for poor buisness practice, I lost 138 dollars to a guy jdmmotorz for a header for my Tiburon! I will never use ebay even if I could save a ton of money! I tried to dispute and had proof in email saying that he would refund me, but hey ***** happens!

cobraferret
01-23-2008, 04:48 AM
He is the first person I blocked on ebay years ago.He is number 1 on my blocked list

jaimanstone
01-23-2008, 07:36 AM
As someone who plans on selling through ebay in the next few months or so, I appreciate knowing about scum like this.

People like that are exactly why I encourage potential collectors to join boards like this, if they have plans to buy Joes, SW, TFs, etc.

I can see what you are all are saying about ebay but I myself have done over 300 transaction and have only been ripped three times (which admittedly, is three too many). I tried a transaction here on the yojoe boards about a year (?) ago and it did not end well. I fulfilled my end of the bargain, but what I got back was not what I agreed to. I got a vehilce that was missing two pieces which is really no good to me till its complete. Also, the figures were incomplete as well and not in good shape at all. I emailed the guy I traded with and he answered a couple but then I think he left the board.

I recently entered into some transactions this past week and checked the feedback forum and all that so I am confident it will work out. If it does, I think I will be using the forums more than I use ebay.

Urban Saboteur
01-23-2008, 07:55 AM
He is the first person I blocked on ebay years ago.He is number 1 on my blocked list

#1 Yes he should be number one on most peoples lists. If this thread stays open (which it should) people should be made aware of his poor ethics in trading.
Oh and for the update, he hasn't contacted me about the figures since I stopped responding to his questions. What irks me is that I know he will get them from someone else.. yet probably scam them in some way or another. :(

Interesting point about his feedback too, because I think at one point it was below 99% and for some reason it's back up to 100% is this because he's set to private? Or maybe its something more sinister? :confused:

killface
01-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Interesting point about his feedback too, because I think at one point it was below 99% and for some reason it's back up to 100% is this because he's set to private? Or maybe its something more sinister? :confused:

I know people with perfect trade history that don't even have 100%!:eek: :confused:

Urban Saboteur
01-23-2008, 08:14 AM
I mentioned this two years back when i first came across the member on ebay. I even persued ebay for 2 months and sent them countless correspondence via email to help them with their case.

In the first point he'd bidded on 4 complete Night Ravens.. nothing wrong with this at all right? :confused:
Not at all if he wants to Army build Night Ravens that's up to him.. although.. the sellers of 3 of those Night Ravens would of been massively disappointed to learn he only wanted to win one of the auctions and he retracted his bids on the other 3. Leaving the sellers floundering..

I won my auction and he drove up the cost of the Night Raven I won by about $20, I was still happy to win and get my complete Night Raven .. which I still have to this day. I later learned about Skyline's confrontation with him and how his multiple bidding and abuse of the retract system continued to go on unpunished. He definately didn't have 100% 2 years ago.. so aside from creating a new account.. which he hasn't done.. I'd like to know how he's got back to 100% again..

I do have a theory on how to explain it.. but i don't have any evidence to back up my claims unfortunately.
Rich

Urban Saboteur
09-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey Guys
Just a quick update on this. I'd like you to be aware that 8260nicolas doesnt exist on ebay anymore. Infact he's changed his ID over to
gijoefan06 (http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/gijoefan06)

For a more comprehensive breakdown of what this ebayer gets up to scroll back to the first page and read from the beginning. In short:

This user is known to commit mail fraud, theft and abuse ebays bid retract system, his profile is currently set to private so you cant now track his actions or negative feedback.
He has been suspended by ebay in the past but changed his ID in august of last year.

I should also warn that buyers becareful when bidding against him, as he has a tendency to back out, leaving you with a higher purchase than you might of wanted, sellers when he's bidding on your items becareful as once he's won one auction he'll guarantee to pull out of the others.. meaning someone somewhere will be left shortchanged.

John Missal
09-15-2009, 04:34 PM
To all who read this thread.... If you have 8260nicolas in your blocked bidder list, gijoefan06 is automatically updated into your list, so you needn't worry if you've already had him blocked.

J4DR4N
08-17-2010, 12:01 PM
This bastard offers me 300 euro for my CGI UK figure claiming it was sold a year ago on ebay for 350 dollars, I checked and the actual price was 700 dollars :

Apr-01-09 08:03 European Crimson Guard Immortal Rock Viper Head Variant (#130293692762)

US $700.00

Luckily I was smart enough to read here ;)