View Full Version : Microman Figures

The Faceless Master
01-04-2006, 11:23 AM
anybody here own these figures or collect them?

Smalljoes has them, was thinking of ordering some
especially the Predator figures, they look awesome

was wondering if I could get feedback from any owners
before proceeding with purchasing some...

dockingbay97
01-04-2006, 01:26 PM
I have some including the Alien and Predator. The Predators are very cool - just extremely fragile. Pose them and forget them type of toys. Any kid who actively plays with toys would destroy them.

Obiwanjacoby
01-04-2006, 03:34 PM
What Dock said. Just don't get too rough with them and they'll be fine.

I got Batman, Catwoman, and Batgirl. Thinking of getting the Capcom figs; taking every opportunity to whine for them to make Cammy, Guile, and Charlie. :D

-PJ

The Faceless Master
01-04-2006, 03:36 PM
i've had that Chun Li vs Sakura in my shopping cart for the longest time
yah Cammy would be awesome!! and a decent Vega figure as well

thunderviper
01-05-2006, 12:39 PM
The in-house (Acro-year, Road Spartans) are tougher than the AvP stuff.

If i ever get room i'm gonna do a display of all my 3 3/4" stuff, a couple of Micros included.

TheCheznit8
03-02-2006, 09:43 PM
I like microman figures. You have to watch out for the ones with the chrome parts though. the AVP stuff, street fighter and superhero lines fair much better than the straight microman figures, because their parts arent the cheap plastic chrome stuff.

Although I have to say the chrome weapons and accessories are really cool looking. If you dont play with them roughly youll be fine.
I plan on painting my microman figures- the figures and their accessories and then seal them with enamel. That'll give them some more protection.

Another big complaint I have with microman is that the bicep joint is not connected to the bicep or the shoulder. its just a peg that fits into the bicep. If you turn the figure's arm its just going to pop off. This really bugs me.

Although someone- I dont know if the thread is from this forum or another- gave some advice on alleviating this problem:

You take the peg and glue a very thin plastic piece around the end of the peg. Than you get a dremel to make a cut into the bicep hole to accept the reconfigured peg. If it works you should hear a pop and the arm shouldn't come out.

Other than those complaints, I enjoy the microman line, especially the female figures, because the gijoe line doesnt have enough female characters I think, and some of them are just not that great (im thinking of the first scarlett and baroness figs hasbro produced in the Joe Vs Cobra line).

Viper Commander
03-03-2006, 05:36 AM
I just mentioned this in another thread, but there is going to be a 1/18 scale Votoms with a microman pilot that can go inside. Anybody crazy enough to armybuild $100+ mechas? Not me but it would be cool if someone can afford to. Scopedogs modified into Mecha-Vipers would be nice.

Sniper Viper
03-05-2006, 04:42 PM
The AVP figures rock, I definitely suggest those. The only disappointing figure is the Queen (size-ratio wise).

I just received 2 of the Alien figures last week, & 1 of each of their feet had snapped just above the joint. Not sure if they're having quality control problems with that last batch I received. While it looks like a fixable problem, it irritates me tha it's on a figure you drop at least $15 on.

Then again, 2 broke out of 20 or so received ain't bad.