Sigma 6 named best new toy line of 05 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma 6 named best new toy line of 05

yojoebro82
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
http://toynewsi.com/sc/Top_Toys_2005/

At least in TNI's mind. Go fig.......

code red shockwave
01-17-2006, 09:31 AM
You have got to be kidding me...as Jeff Jarrett would say, "This is absolutely ridiculous."

johnlogic
01-17-2006, 09:36 AM
...............................:mad:

Skystriker
01-17-2006, 09:57 AM
I dont know how, maybe its a lack of competition. Great, this is only going to keep the line around a little longer than it should be.

carnage717
01-17-2006, 09:58 AM
I dont see what the big deal is. It is the best NEW toyline. At least its a G.I. Joe product. I for one happen to like the Sigma Six Figures. Im mostly a Vintage Collector but I still enjoy the figures. I dont know why everyone has to hate on a specific Joe Size just because you don't like it. Granted its not the the 3 3/4" Joes but they are not a NEW toyline, it is a continuation of an old toyline. You should at least be happy that the G.I. Joe name is getting out there to the kids, which in turn will help with the continuation of the 3- 3/4" lines. If you dont like Sigma Six stuff then thats fine, but you dont have put down the entire line because you don't prefer it. Kids are being exposed to the G.I. Joe name and if/when 3 3/4" comes back to retail it may help sell better to the kids which in turn means new product for us collectors. Im not a big TNI Fan, but of all the new toy brands out this year, I do think Sigma Six is the best. Whether you like it or not the future of DTC is tied to the success of the Sigma Six. If you are new sculpt collector you should be happy that the Sigma Six line is the Best NEW line, because that means you will eventually be getting more new sculpts for 3 3/4".

Brad

CGC
01-17-2006, 10:08 AM
I agree with carnage717. Obviously, the S6 figs aren't our line, I think that's been pretty well established. The anime styling isn't for everyone, & it was my biggest holdout until I'd actually gotten my hands on one. The articulation on these figs is incredible. The accessories they come with are great, & the playability seems better than any other current toys I've seen in a long time.

My kids are from 3 years old up to 10, & all three of them love the S6 line, as well as all of my neices & nephews who have them. I no longer have any problems with this line at all. It was called the 3" line killer for awhile, but that really isn't accurate. Poor sales did that - & the line wasn't really killed, anyway, it was more of a venue change. We now pay shipping instead of gas money & travel time - it's a wash for me.

I'm glad that Sigma 6 was named the best new toy line, & after playing with them & watching kids play with them, I'm not surprised. Way to go, Hasbro!

ChemViper
01-17-2006, 11:30 AM
I am glad to see the line get the recognition it deserves. My son is 6 and we have ahd a blast playing with the S6 figures. The larger size makes for more height and weight variations making each of the figures unique. True, these are not the 3 3/4" figures we all love. But I know a bunch of 12" vintage collectors who hate the 3 3/4" figures as well. I do not understand why when something is different that it has to be horrible. These are the same characters we love, seen from a different poing of view, much like the DD comic vs the Marvel. Now, the DD is not for everyone, but I cannot remember it receiving the anger that S6 has gotten. If you do not like S6, then do not buy it. Complaining about it endlessly on here really does no one any good. There are some of us who can embrace it as a variation on a theme. We should be happy the characters exist at all, considering how many lines have come and gone.

jsand0101
01-17-2006, 12:18 PM
I am a 3-3/4 collector hands down, But i have to say that i actually love the new sigma six figures, There weapons are great and i have actually bought every one of them thats out. So i say that this is great news for gi joe as a whole.

dockingbay97
01-17-2006, 01:05 PM
I agree with all the NEW toy line statements.

And I am a huge fan of the Sigma 6 Cobra Commander.

anti-hero
01-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Just bought my first 2 of this line last night (Long Range and Tunnel Rat) and I loved em so much I had to run out today and pick up a Snake Eyes! (SS will be after next payday) I'm not saying there as good as the 3 3/4 line, but I like the character choices they've done so far (mostly 80s characters with a couple new ones getting thrown in). Glad to see it getting some recognition.

Bravo
01-17-2006, 01:36 PM
What other new lines were there? Drawing a blank. Jedi Force? Uh....Superhero Showdown?

TNI's heavily biased towards collector lines like Marvel Legends, Transformer Alternators, Star Wars, etc.... I'm sure there awards mean something to some toy geeks who care about pointless awards.

Kir Kanos
01-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, did the 3.75 joes ever win such an award? Would the new sculpt launch in late '01/early '02 count as a "new line", or a continuation of line.

carnage717
01-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Just out of curiosity, did the 3.75 joes ever win such an award? Would the new sculpt launch in late '01/early '02 count as a "new line", or a continuation of line.

I m not sure if the 3.75 line ever won such an award. As for the relaunch in '01/'02, I wouldnt necessaryily call it a relaunch, there were Toys r Us exclusives dating back to 1997. Granted it wasnt much at the time but to me I would consider a New Sculpt in launch in '01 a continuation of an existing line. Im sure back in the hey day of G.I. Joe that the line did win a few awards, but that was before the Interenet so there probably is little documentation on other that what Hasbro has in its offices.

Brad

viperlord
01-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Well of course Sigma 6 is the best new toy of 05! I mean how revolutionary is it to take the basic 12" GI Joe body and reduce the height by 4"? It's never been done before!

http://www.freewebs.com/superjoecommand/