Sigma6: ready for rough play? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma6: ready for rough play?

Nemesis666
01-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Hello all! I just got my first Sigma 6 figure and its left arm broke off the first time I tried moving it. Either it had an already weakened shoulder or I pressed too hard on it, which I would be surprised of since I really don't have an habit of breaking my stuff, and a LOT of figures went into my hands.

I am a little nervous because I got it from a collector store (they are not distributed in Canada) and I am not sure if they will accept to replace it.

Has this happened to anybody else? These are intended for kids and if they are so easy to break, hasbro's gonna get a lot of complaints.

bluebikerboy1
01-26-2006, 10:52 PM
which figure was it?
anyhow any respected store would let you return it. they can in turn return it to get a credit from hasbro for a defective piece or exchange it for another. as far as it happening a lot all i can say is this is the first time ive heard of an arm breaking.

ttfndude
01-26-2006, 11:16 PM
that's why I originally didn't like them the first move you do to all the joints has to be careful and light. Make sure you do it slow or yes they will break. If they are for kids make sure to "loosen" the joints first. Same thiing happened with some of the new MOTU I bought for my nephews so I knew ahead of time.

ttfndude

Nemesis666
01-26-2006, 11:30 PM
It was the duke figure, and it makes me sad because it is a nice figure. I bet they will replace it.

S6 can't compare to old joes but, taking them for what they are, I think these are great and stand above what is currently available/marketted for kids these days. The accessories are great. I am not crazy about the grappling hook but the small gun/machine gun/knife combo thing is a very cool idea.

Denethore
01-26-2006, 11:45 PM
I bought my nephew Long range and was disappointed in the flexability of the figure. First and last Sigma6 I will ever buy.

jetski333
01-27-2006, 12:03 AM
I got my nephew SS & SE, we were really playing w/ those 2 (UFC style), w/o any loosening nor breakage. I even accidentally stepped on one of SS's swords which did not crack but which hurt my toes.

Merax
01-27-2006, 12:51 AM
My son became a traitor over the past weekend:rolleyes:
He begged me for the SE/SS 2 pack sigma 6 set, then begged me for the hoverbike, THEN begged me for the Ninja BAT. Needless to say, I broke down and got them for him. (there went the money from selling my old car)
Personally, I can't stand them at all. (I would like to see that Ninja BAT in 3 3/4 though)
Even though quite a few of my forces went crazy at the invasion, I will say the figures, and even the bike, have held up fairly well.
Between a 2 year old and a 5 year old these things have survived almost a whole week so far. I did have to loosen up the arms and legs a little before they really got to get rough with them.
As to the priginal post. I honestly don't see too many online sellers allowing a return on a product that didn't break until the buyer took it out of the package and started messing with it. I'm sure there are a few that will, but not too many. It never hurts to ask though, you may get lucky. Even if they don't, I wouldn't hold anything against them for it... If online sellers refunded or returned for trade, to everyone who broke a fig when they got it, there would be quite a bit more body lots being sold on ebay:) .

Red Sox
01-27-2006, 07:53 AM
I am a little nervous because I got it from a collector store (they are not distributed in Canada) and I am not sure if they will accept to replace it.

Not to hijack the thread but.... wasn't the American flag and refrences to the Joes defending and fighting for the U.S. removed from Sigma 6 to appeal more to an international audience? Why would Hasbro then not distribute S6 toys to other countries (such as Canada)??:confused:

Dakemesh
01-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Hasbro has been known to replace defective toys, at least where Transformers were concerned. Alternators occasionally come with incorrect parts, or break and people have sent them back. Hasbro doesn't always send the same Alternator in return though- but I'd say that's more because certain ones were more rare than others. Duke is hardly rare, so you'd think they'd send a new one. Try their website and see if there's any recourse.

Nemesis666
01-27-2006, 10:14 PM
I got my replacement!!!!!!

This time I have been more than carefull while loosening it a bit, and it held up. Maybe the shoulder on the previous figure was already weak. I picked up storm shadow while I was at it. He is great too. They only had SE v2 so I will pass on until I find SE v1.

And no, no SIGMA6 in Canada. We had no luck also with the post-2001 3 3/4 inch lines. Only a few waves came in (most notably JvsC wave 1,ST wave 1 and VvV wave 1) and stores in my area barelly caried them. Maybe if S6 ends up successfull they will come in. The only stuff we got by the truck load was the Built to rule line.... go figure.

I don't intend on buying all S6 figures, I will just get those I like. They are a bit expensive, but I can see why. I am sure I would have liked them a lot as a kid. These will never be MY Joes and willl never outshine 3 3/4, but I can appreciate them for what they are.