APC variant [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : APC variant

ttfndude
02-02-2006, 11:42 AM
I was wondering if anyone has the green top version or has seen one. In our favorite Joe book it says there is a green top version that was sold through mail? but is no more expensive than another but I have never seen one.

ttfndude

AlternateUniverse Steeler
02-02-2006, 02:54 PM
I got mine as the convention CUDA.

ttfndude
02-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Well, I was talking of the variant that came out in like 85 I need to check the book

ttfndude

Net-Viper X
02-03-2006, 03:39 AM
The ones you could get from hasbro direct with flag points where solid colored top with no camo pattern. I think the picture on the order sheet showed a camo top, but its not camo when you get it.

ttfndude
02-03-2006, 03:44 PM
That's the one. Are they fairly easy to find?? Are there just as many of those as the others, and if so does anyone have one or do you just have the regular version.

ttfndude

wwwgijoeheavencom
02-03-2006, 03:53 PM
If I remember correctly (it's been a long time so I could be wrong), when I was a kid I got my APC through Hasbro direct and it came with the tan camo top. Was there a cut off period when the camo top was no longer available and they started using solid tops? Thanks.

Icebreaker
02-03-2006, 06:11 PM
If I remember correctly (it's been a long time so I could be wrong), when I was a kid I got my APC through Hasbro direct and it came with the tan camo top. Was there a cut off period when the camo top was no longer available and they started using solid tops? Thanks.

I got my hasbro direct APC in about 1989 and it had the tan camo top. I've never seen any tops other than the tan camo top.....

cobrasaboteur
02-09-2006, 07:13 PM
I got the solid green top tonight. I'd never seen one before, and i have two of the camo tops.

-saboteur

AlternateUniverse Steeler
02-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Solid greens were repackaged ad convention CUDA

picollogoku
02-09-2006, 11:35 PM
I got the solid green top tonight. I'd never seen one before, and i have two of the camo tops.

-saboteur

can you post a pick

Falcone
02-10-2006, 03:24 AM
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/convention/94/cuda/apc_cuda.shtml
the convention cuda

statesofeuphoria
02-10-2006, 02:52 PM
I had always heard that the tan top was the first variation then later mail ins had the dark green solid top. The Cuda was left over stock that was turned into a con exclusive.

Net-Viper X
02-10-2006, 08:13 PM
The mail order one I remember seeing was a green top. No camo pattern was on it. My buddy was mad about it not having the camo top like he wanted, and I didnt really think it was that cool at the time either, but now its grown on me and wish I had managed to talk him out of it. Wasnt the Slugger the same way? If you ordered fairly late in the run, they had gotten cheep and stopped camoing them. I'd swear I recall him having a solid oliver slugger too with no green camo.

Scrapiron-Scavanger
02-11-2006, 03:42 AM
Wasnt the Slugger the same way? If you ordered fairly late in the run, they had gotten cheep and stopped camoing them. I'd swear I recall him having a solid oliver slugger too with no green camo.

The original Sluggler was just olive green like the Mobat, Vamp, ect, the 98 TRU version was camo.

statesofeuphoria
02-11-2006, 08:50 AM
The original slugger is camo and the mail in is solid green. i have 2 of them. here's the yojoe pic.
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/84/slugger/slugger_variant_right.shtml

cobrasaboteur
02-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I will try and post a pic tonight...the one i have DEFINITELY did not come with the cuda...it came in a box of gi joes, and was just the top. I was really surprised to see it, as i had read this topic only a few hours before finding it. Unfortunately, there was no apc with it...just the canopy.

-saboteur

Scrapiron-Scavanger
02-11-2006, 02:59 PM
The original slugger is camo and the mail in is solid green. i have 2 of them. here's the yojoe pic.
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/84/slugger/slugger_variant_right.shtml

I stand corrected. :o

ttfndude
02-11-2006, 10:24 PM
ALl this info is great. I appreciate it. Now is it hard to find the solid green on the secondary market? Otside ebay?

ttfndude

stad
02-12-2006, 01:40 AM
I don't mean to make it sound like it is rare or even kind of hard to find, but I don't really see them that often on eBay. I believe they only turn up once in a great while, and it seems like people assume they are the CUDA con piece, and bid it up. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that if you keep on the look out for these you can find them, but they don't turn up very often.

ttfndude
02-12-2006, 08:53 AM
right after I posted that I saw one on ebay a little out of price range cause it was with other stuff but I finally saw one.

ttfndude

Periscope
02-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I don't know about the solid green APC, but the one I got in the mail in the late 80's-early 90's had a tan camo top. I got a Slugger through the mail, and it's plain ol' olive green. The camo Slugger is on my want list, and I think I just got it on ebay. The con APC is also on my want list, and I haven't heard about any others, although I think YoJoe.com has a variation listed as two different APC's, one that was sold in 83, and one that was mail order, and the tops are about the same, but different shades, or something, I think. Same deal with the Wolf, the original release is all white, but the mail order version, the one I've got, has grey ski-pedoes, engine cover, and missile rack.
Same deal with the mail-order Quick Kick (with different nunchuks, and slightly different colored blue pouches), and Hawk (with gold gun handle).

When I ordered Starduster, they were out, and they sent me Rampage, which was a mike-less, beard-less Heavy Metal. So, apparently, mail order variations are different, but in many cases, the difference is very subtle.

dominic.18
02-13-2006, 08:05 PM
i've got three apc's with green tops one i ordered from hasbro one from the convention and one off ebay for about 15 bucks shipped and there all identical except the the convention box

Net-Viper X
02-13-2006, 08:35 PM
The original Sluggler was just olive green like the Mobat, Vamp, ect, the 98 TRU version was camo.

This is incorrect, I owned several Sluggers that I bought from the store in the early 80's, one of which I still own, and they ALL had the camo pattern. Its dark green camo on an olive green plastic body. By the way, the camo is painted on just like the old APC, its not a sticker or something that could be easily removed.

Scrapiron-Scavanger
02-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapiron-Scavanger

This is incorrect, I owned several Sluggers that I bought from the store in the early 80's, one of which I still own, and they ALL had the camo pattern. Its dark green camo on an olive green plastic body. By the way, the camo is painted on just like the old APC, its not a sticker or something that could be easily removed.

I take it you missed my page two reply to statesofeuphoria

quote=Scrapiron-Scavanger]I stand corrected. :o[/quote]

I'll be the first to admit that I am not perfect. ;)

Net-Viper X
02-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Sorry about that man, did'nt mean too come off like I was climbing down your throat. Just pointing out that I knew for sure camo ones existed as retail items. I had in fact overlooked your post, my bad.

/slapself