G.I.Joe Battlezone [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : G.I.Joe Battlezone

Urban Saboteur
02-06-2006, 04:18 PM
:DHello Joe Fans!
I got thinking. Would it be cool to have an adventure style strategy game of GIJOE in the forums?.. I have posted this here because I really haven't finished designing it yet and only have the basics down.
Its still in its development stage. The basics would be that I create a custom city or area maybe multiple sceneries based on other real life area's. Next through a turn basis here on the forum.. each member (that would be interested in participating) would start off with a certain amount of credits either Joe or Cobra..
At the moment, I have a list of around 150 personnel Joe & Cobra to pick from all thats growing as I am adding to the list.
My intention here is plain and simple.. I'd like to know who would be up for it?.. so either PM me with your details. Or post to the thread so I can gather member names. I'll stop writing down names and entries at the end of the month for the first game. I'll be back to post the rules soon. But the genuine Idea of this post is just to see who would be interested first. If anyone has played the Command & Conquer games.. it would be similar to that. So again just let me know.
Heres the basics.
1.You'd have a campaign credits allowance to spend on recruiting your characters.
2.Each character would have certain attributes to add to your team.. so for example buying a Big Boa would increase your teams fitness and physical attributes.
3.Points would be scored by teams having more attributes and engaging in battle towards there rivals..
4.Bonus points can be earned for successfull team/player captures.

Naturally the info I want will be your forum ID, First name and your preferred representative team followed by a choice of team colour.
For Example mine would be NemesisEnforcerFan/Richard/Cobra/Purple.

The teams You can pick from are Action Force,G.I.JOE, Oktober Guard, Cobra or Destro.
LMK of any idea's you may think could contribute to improve the game. I'll be back to post the game rules soon. I think once the basics and the participants have been decided I'll ask for the thread to be moved to the games section if possible.
Thanks
NemesisEnforcerFan

CGC
02-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Sounds like fun, can I be destro?:D

Urban Saboteur
02-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Sounds like fun, can I be destro?:D

:D..Yes.. but you'll need to post me your info.. like I said as long as you spend your credits wisely.. I don't see why not..
Don't forget.. I need forum ID, First name, Chosen team and team colour.
Many thanks
Nemesis Enforcer Fan

CGC
02-06-2006, 05:13 PM
forum id = CGC, 4188
first name = Jim
team = IG/Destro
colour = black/gold

Sound right? As far as spending credits, I'll probably wait to see more rules before I commit to anything.

Urban Saboteur
02-06-2006, 05:20 PM
forum id = CGC, 4188
first name = Jim
team = IG/Destro
colour = black/gold

Sound right? As far as spending credits, I'll probably wait to see more rules before I commit to anything.

Thats fantastic.. I'll post the rules soon. The credits will be totally fictitious.. I.e the game won't cost anything to actually play.. it is basically done for fun!
Just to clear that up.. thanks for your entry Jim.. Anyone else?
NemesisEnforcerFan

starrcommand
02-06-2006, 06:53 PM
starrcommand
Dave
Joe
Yellow/black strips

Angry Beef
02-06-2006, 11:36 PM
forum id = Angry Beef
first name = Mike
team = Oktober guard
colour = Green/red

jetski333
02-07-2006, 12:51 AM
forum id = jetski333
first name = john
team = Snake Eyes/Ninjas
color = blue

G.I.*JOCK
02-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Forum ID: G.I.*JOCK
First Name: Dave
Team: Destro and his IG's
Colours: Black and white stripes with a tertiary colour of blue

The Dave

Angry Beef
02-07-2006, 06:41 PM
The Dave... I think Destro already got picked.

Urban Saboteur
02-07-2006, 08:09 PM
The Dave... I think Destro already got picked.

:)..Quite right..however.. the game will be multi character select. Although I should state..only one destro per forum member..its tricky to explain right now..but i'll be postin the rules soon enough..:p
Nemesis Enforcer Fan.

Angry Beef
02-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Ahhh okay.... well can I switch mine to Outback?

Urban Saboteur
02-08-2006, 03:44 AM
Ahhh okay.... well can I switch mine to Outback?

:D..I don't see why not man. Btw you realise its a team/squad/army you'll be controlling right?..
Nemesis Enforcer Fan

Shogi
02-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Shogi/ Scott/ Cobra/ Blue

Can't believe that wasn't already picked!

Angry Beef
02-08-2006, 02:27 PM
So right now we are just picking dibs on the characters we for sure want on our team right?

And then we get command points so to speak and different characters have different point values depending on their skills and bonuses... and using our command points we BUY characters for our team.
So if I were say, Cobra, My team might be one name character like Baroness and like 20 Vipers or it could be Baroness, Big Boa and like 10 Vipers.

Am I right?

Bigtattoo
02-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Forum id: Bigtattoo
Name: Chris
Affiliation: Joes
Member:Lowlight
Colour: Black/Grey

Urban Saboteur
02-08-2006, 04:33 PM
So right now we are just picking dibs on the characters we for sure want on our team right?
And then we get command points so to speak and different characters have different point values depending on their skills and bonuses... and using our command points we BUY characters for our team.
So if I were say, Cobra, My team might be one name character like Baroness and like 20 Vipers or it could be Baroness, Big Boa and like 10 Vipers.
Am I right?

Yeah Mike,
Sort of.. your almost there.. just be patient.. I'm still working on the rules though. The purpose of this thread is for sign up.. and just to see who's interested. Thats why I am being so vague. You can be thinking of a team name for now.. and which team members .. (Basics).. you have.. I'd be thinking of at least around 20 members for starters.. Its cool.. as you will be able to Army Build.. like you say have 10 vipers.. a big boa to train them and then a baroness for cobra intelligence... The rules should clear up any problems or questions.. but I'm certain of one thing.. we'll have alot of fun playing the game.
I'd prefer us to keep this thread clear.. for any additional game sign ups.. so email me or PM me if anyone has any queries.. I am working on the rules and the game rosters as we speak.. I am currently past the 200 available characters up to 1992 so.. I have a few years to scan and look through yet. I will use the end of the month as the cut off point.. for membership sign up.. Bye for now.
My email address is rawgenius2005@hotmail.co.uk if anyone has any suggestions or questions.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Big Boa
02-09-2006, 12:51 PM
ID:Big Boa
First Name:Chris
Team:Cobra
Member:Storm Shadow and his Ninjas
Colour:Black

andymort
02-09-2006, 05:04 PM
andymort/Andrew/Cobra/Crimson...
:)

Urban Saboteur
02-10-2006, 06:20 PM
:D..Just an FYI.

I have Finished the character select rosters.. for GI JOE, Oktober Guard.. Cobra and Destro..
The list will be submitted soon to this thread.. along with the rules..
The list of characters will be displayed in affiliation and characters alphabetical order.. Also the cost of recruiting each character is displayed too.
Now a few notes of change.

The game is literally a command based game.. I initially was going to have this similar to Final Fantasy or Chess if you like.. but the fact that not everybody can be on the forums at the same time.. doesnt make this feasable.
So what will basically happen is this...
1.First you will be asked to read the rules..
2.Then you will follow the rules and pick you team.
3.You will be PM'd details of your team along with advanced info.
4.Your first Game PM will be sent by your Campaign Manager (Me In Disguise)
5.Your attribute points will be sent a couple of days before your first Mission PM. You need to use these Attribute Points wisely.. and select them on each individual character you want to improve. You return a PM advising who is to have further training and advanced attributes.
6.Your First Mission (Easy).. will be sent.. and the game begins.

I have put together some rules.. but I still need to give them a rough going over... and check them before submission.

I'll post further news as I get it. LMK If you have changed your mind on which team you want to represent. :).
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
02-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Heres the rules & features of the battlezone game. I will of course come across things I may have missed out.. So please PM me with anything your not sure on. I will then update this Post as and when its needed.

Rules
1) Each Forum member(commander) will be starting out with the same amount of Battlezone Game Credits which will be 18,000. (fictional not real credits).
2) Each Team must consist of between 8-12 characters to start off with. So no fewer than 8 no more than 12. Please Note that when recruiting Army Builder Charcter Types you will need to place a bracket after the character name and put in a created surname or number. For example Viper (Johnson)
3) Each team must have a team name. Not Joe or Cobra or Destro but a created name like Chris's Cougars or Daves Destroyers.
4) Forum members (commanders) must respond to PM's that require action or command. Therefore its essential you keep your PM folder adequately free so you can send/receive PM's.
5) Instructions for characters or the team can only be sent via PM to the Campaign Advisor (me).
6) The game and missions will take place in purely fictional environments hence its name.
7) The game will not be turn based like initially thought... as this would require each forum commander to be online and in the forum at the same time. This isnt feasable..simply because of the time difference between the UK and US and the fact other people (forum members) arent always online 24/7.
8) Commanders Missions will be successfull based on the strategy, selection and training of their troops.
9) G.I.Joe can recruit Oktober Guard members and vice versa. Cobra or Destro can recruit from the Others character section but not from each other for example a destro team cannot recruit a CG and a Cobra team cannot recruit IG's.

Features
1) Usually before each mission begins and a few days in advance. You will be asked to train your troops. You will be given attribute points for your team. Your task is simply to send back via PM to the advisor which characters you have chosen for attribute development and in which area's. For example. Sgt.Slaughter +3 On Fighting Skills.
2) A mission PM will be sent. Where you will be briefed by the campaign advisor (me in disguise.. mwahahaha)..Under the mission briefing will be your team roster with your available characters.
You then select your characters you want to send on the mission.
Under the character and team roster will be a set of team and character strategies and commands Select these and then send back to your advisor the mission then begins. If there are firther developments, You will again be notified by PM if there is any action to be taken.
3) Upon mission success a Team and its commander will receive the following via PM.
* Battle Points - These cannot be traded or exchanged. These are effectively used to determine your teams battlezone league ranking.
* Credit Points - Used for character recruitment and vehicle purchases.
* Attribute Points - These are used to change your characters attributes and obviously make them better over time. The Experience attribute cannot be altered by attribute points instead this changes automatically after every mission . +1 If an unsuccessfull mission and +3 If successfull.
4) Each Character is profiled first before attributes are given. Some will obviously be better than others in certain area's for example Snake Eyes wont be as strong as Sgt.Slaughter but will obviously have a greater accuracy and fighting technique.
5) Battles or missions will last over a period of time and updates to be given to the commander via the PM facility. At the end of each mission for each commander there will be a battlezone update stating the league ranking and points. Also a small news report stating what has happened in the last battle.
6) A Quick mention on recruitment. The Oktober Guard Unit can recruit Joe Team Members and vice versa. On a similar note both Cobra and Destro can use the Other characters for recruitment. So Major Bludd can be recruited to both cobra & Destro sides.

Notes
It is recommended that when the game starts you have a pen & notepad.. possibly a pencil and ruler too. Directions and landmarks will be explained. Rarely repeated. When the mission brief is sent to you please read it carefully before responding with your characters selection & strategy.

Urban Saboteur
02-11-2006, 12:23 PM
:DHello Commanders!
The available characters selection list is now posted. The link is here. You will need to view this using I.E or if using Firefox enable your browser to view the webpage.
I'll be sending a second PM soon to the commanders to confirm the details for team selection.
CHARACTERS SELECTION LIST
Heres the link. At the bottom there should be 3 Tabs. Joes/Cobras/Examples.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/susan.cavanagh/G.I.Joe%20Battlezone/Character%20Selection%20Lists.htm
Let me kow if theres a problem.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
02-12-2006, 04:02 AM
:D I'd like to start this particular post by welcoming the following teams to the G.I.JOE battlezone game.
1) Ninjetskis
2) Necrodawn
3) Night Riders
4) The Decemberists
5) The Shadow Blades
6) Destro's Destroyers
7) Crimson Storm
8) Willie's Guerillaz

These 8 teams are confirmed entries into the battlezone game.

If you are a forum member and would like to sign up to the battlezone game entry costs nothing. All I ask is you have a little time to submit your team and offer basic commands to your team via PM.
Theres still time to beat the cut off point which Is Sunday February 26th 2006.
I will not be accepting Team entries after this date. So if your interested in joining in the fun. PM me or read this thread through thoroughly to get a basic idea of what the game entails.
Many thanks for all your continued support.
YOJOE BATTLEZONE!!
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
02-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Ive pinned my colours to the mast and submitted a team.
Who else has? Who am I gonna beat?

Urban Saboteur
02-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Ive pinned my colours to the mast and submitted a team.
Who else has? Who am I gonna beat?

Hmm.. I would like to leave the thread clear for Game updates. After the 26th and I know all the teams and forum members I'll submit a list for everyone. Showing the forum members and the side they will be representing in the battlezone game. This list wont have which characters are on the forum members team as I think this would kill off some excitement. However. I wqill be sending PM's to each forum commander with details of your team and the characters attributes some time soon. For now I return to my data entry.

FYI I know for sure Boa, Stormer and Jock are In from the UK chat night.;)

Now thats sorted this is a great time to tell ya'll if your interested in this game and it sounds like its going to be good.. thats because it is.. and I dont want people to miss out.
Further more.. Once the 26th passes I wont be submitting anymore teams for the first series of G.I.JOE Battlezone. Any entries after the closing date will be put on a list and be contacted when the 2nd series starts.
Please email me if your unsure on how the game works or have any queries regarding the game characters selection list or rules.
I am available online through yahoo and MSN.. and available via email.
Yojoe Battlezone!!
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
02-16-2006, 06:08 AM
This Is just an FYI regarding the game.

I am in the process of reading through the filecards on Yojoe and gathering information. I can then rate each character and give them attributes.

Once I have finished this I will then be PM'ing all the forum commanders there characters stats.. so this enables a fair judgement on team selection when it the missions begin.

Many thanks for your continued Interest. As always I am available via PM/Email.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
02-17-2006, 06:01 PM
TVG- Ive been wondering, does your faction/affiliation affect the mission data u are given?
EG, if Cobra are defending a sattelite outpost they will have info of all the defence posts, whereas the Joes will only have some. Also, the Oktober Guard have others- meaning no attacker has complete intel but correctly pooling resources will reveal all the info? Also- can anyone 'buy' info off of Destros lot? Or are the teams Cobra/IGs and Joes/OG with no crosspolination?

Urban Saboteur
02-17-2006, 06:24 PM
TVG- Ive been wondering, does your faction/affiliation affect the mission data u are given?
EG, if Cobra are defending a sattelite outpost they will have info of all the defence posts, whereas the Joes will only have some. Also, the Oktober Guard have others- meaning no attacker has complete intel but correctly pooling resources will reveal all the info? Also- can anyone 'buy' info off of Destros lot? Or are the teams Cobra/IGs and Joes/OG with no crosspolination?

Great question Bigtattoo,
The mission data you are given will be from me. I at some point after rating the characters in the game and passing out these attributes to the forum commanders will be sketching some zones.. based on primary locations.. arctic, desert, jungle, city, mountaineering etc.. so as far as the mission data goes I will be handing this out to you. For example everybodies first mission pretty much will be recon, check out the area/zone in which they currently are situated see whats around. So for this you'd need someone who can move fast and quiet and someone with good intel and vision. Depending on who you have.. will depend alot on what intel you get back from him.
As far as buying information .. that isn't feasable. But as i mentioned earlier.. there will be times in the game when you can strike an alliance with another team. Assuming they are from the same side good can work with good and bad can work with bad. Cobra cannot assist GI JOE. Not in this first series anyway.
Thanks for the questions Bigtattoo.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
02-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Looking through the lists of available characters, I noticed some some unusual 'prices'.
The most glaringly strange 1 is- Double Barrell 900pts
Roadblock 820pts

Does this mean Double Barrell starts with higher stats than Marvin?
Also- is there a direct correlation to cost and performance?
eg CC and Hawk are both 4000pts- this should make them the most valuable and presumably the highest rated ( in terms of stats and trainability)

Urban Saboteur
02-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Looking through the lists of available characters, I noticed some some unusual 'prices'.
The most glaringly strange 1 is- Double Barrell 900pts
Roadblock 820pts

Does this mean Double Barrell starts with higher stats than Marvin?
Also- is there a direct correlation to cost and performance?
eg CC and Hawk are both 4000pts- this should make them the most valuable and presumably the highest rated ( in terms of stats and trainability)

:D..Hi,
Don't worry about the questions.. I welcome them. Double Blast I presume you mean.. as apposed to Double Barrel?
Anyways..yes.. In most cases you get what you pay for.. but these will be initial stats and as already stated.. you'll be given attribute points to improve characters. Hawk & CC will have fantastic leadership and influence skills.. although wont be able to move as fast as someone like SE or Nunchuk. Its really a matter of common sense.. for instance just because CC costs 4000 credits.. it doesnt mean he should have 99 on every attribute.. as that would just be ridiculous. I have read through the filecards to judge the attributes and ratings. The prices should reflect what you are paying for.. again its a matter of common sense.. for instance Ace is a class pilot and therefore costs quite a hefty 3000 credits however a ninja at 650 wouldnt be totally put to shame in a sparring match in fact it would quite be the opposite.. Kamakura or Jinx are gonna wipe the floor with someone like ace in terms of speed and fighting skill but wouldn't be suited for a flying aircraft assault mission.
You have to be somewhat knowledgeable in joe characters abilities when selecting charcters for training and missions... as another example. .. if you select someone as the first training instructor someone like Sgt.Slaughter the joes are going to improve quicker and better than someone like say.. rock n roll who's second mos is PT instructor. It really depends on your selection.. and obviously the abilities of the characters you are using.

So just to summarize you do get what you pay for but you have to use common sense in character selection ..
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
02-20-2006, 09:38 AM
This is a battlezone Update.

I have finished rating all the GI JOE Characters (185). I have 8 Oktober Guard to do and some remaining Cobra & Destro to finish off.
Once I have done this I will need to PM you either with a spreadsheet attachment showing your team and attributes or just individually send PM's for each character. The amount of PM's will depend on your team members.

I have PM'd you all this afternoon/evening requesting if you have a suitable spreadsheet application. If you haven't I will still need a PM to confirm that you will have 10-12 spaces available in your PM inbox.
Many thanks
NemesisEnforcerFan

CGC
02-21-2006, 03:01 PM
hmm...

I think I'm going to have to sit out for now. Looks like a great idea, but right now I might be a little short on time to keep up.

Maybe the next one.:cool:

Urban Saboteur
02-21-2006, 04:01 PM
:D..Thats cool Jim.

I just sent you a PM on this.

Those that are reading this and would like to become a forum commander please PM me for information and details.

Yojoe Battlezone!!
NemesisEnforcerFan.

Urban Saboteur
02-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Hello Commanders.
This is an explanation post about the characters attributes used in game and some of the used abbreviations. I'll Start off first with the abbreviation then the meaning.
Those Attributes marked with a smiley face cannot be altered by a commander and can only alter through in game results.

:)Exp: Experience. This counts for alot of team wins. This attribute cannot be modified and can only be changed by actual mission results. The usual format will be. +1 If a mission failure. +3 If a mission is deemed successfull.

Acc: Accuracy. A Characters execution rating. Whether it be using a rifle, crossbow, grenade, pistol, machine gun or any object to carry out the desired task. This attribute can be added to with training & attribute points.

Adap: Adaptability. Characters with a high level of adaptability are those required for extreme climate conditions such as arctic or desert troopers or those that operate vehicles. Pilots/Drivers etc need a good level of adaptability.

:)Con: Confidence. This is useful to know. Is a character thats been on four or five successfull missions on the bounce be ready for a well earned break? Check this rating often to see a characters morale. Someone with a high confidence rating will more often pull off a successfull mission or task. Those with a low confidence rating might not be as effective.

Det: Determination. How determined will your character be? Those that are more determined to see a mission out will rarely quit on you. Those with a low rating will more often than not retreat and hope to fight on another day.

Disc: Discipline. Its important this is quite high in a team. If you select a mish mash of ill disciplined troops who knows what the result may be?
A character with high discipline will follow your commands to the rule and go strictly by the book. While this is effective in most cases. Its good for certain characters to be unpredictable and therefor only have an average rating in this attribute.

Ft.Skills: Fighting Skills. A battle and war cannot be won without good fighters?.. Can your troops defend themselves reasonably well when called upon? This attribute should be particularly good for Training Staff and Commando's or special forces soldiers.

Inf: Influence. Can your character selected influence others around him?.. This can be used effectively to sway oppositions troops. When a spy enters the base someone with effective influence can easily trick his way past an opposing soldier or guard. This attribute should also be watched as your main leader (CC or Hawk for example).. should have a higher influence than most of your regular soldiers.

Int: Intelligence. How Intelligent is your character?.. Again communications, designers, mechanics and spies or infiltrators should have a high intelligence rating. This isnt necessary for guard duty but should be topped up occasionally. Leaders and generals should be reasonably good with this rating.

Ldrs: Leadership. Another key ability for a leader is there leadership rating. If they are to be successfull and handle all commands put to them by you and the mission is a success it will be down to this attribute.

Md.Skills: Medical Skills. You probably wont ever notice your medic much in battle. Thats not to say you shouldn't have a designated team medic. If your up against the numbers and some of your troops go down.. who's gonna be patching them back up for action?. This can be modified/added to and most personnel should be adequately trained in this ability. If you cannot afford a medic for your team then train up a regular infantry guy you never know when you might need him. This ability is self explanatory and is used to determine how well and how quick your troop is treated.

Ment: Mentality. How mentally stable is your character?. If the going gets really tough is he too mentally insecure to handle the situation put in front of him. A team with strong mentality is a winning team.

Rec: Recovery. Has your troop got a glass jaw?.. one too many put downs and a character can give in. This is a characters recovery rating. Can he get back up after being knocked down or hit by a bullet?. This attribute is also used in astronauts and pilots and operators of vehicles do decide there reflexes in key situations.

Spd: Speed. How fast is your character at dodging attacks?.. Executing attacks or just in general moving across terrain?. This can be used effectively in battle situations for executing tasks in which you need to get something done and quick. Commando's, special forces and SEALS or Marines should have an effective speed rating.

Str: Strength. Not neccessarily the most important attribute but this can help in key situations. Carrying heavy ordnance for example is something only somone with high strength ability should be doing. Heavy equipment operators or heavy machine gun soldiers should have a high strength. This is also used in fighting situations where a character may get out muscled by his enemy.

Tc.Ab: Tactics/Tactical Ability. Can your chosen character understand the mission? Is he competent at reading key situations and knowing when your team is obviously outnumbered?. Will he report back and offer key tactical changes in a battle situation knowing these changes will work?. A leader with sound tactical sense will effectively conjure up some exciting mission for his troops. This ability along with leadership and influence makes for a commanding leader.

Tm.Wk: Team Work A character with good team work will often work well in a unit and not go a stray. Obviously this isnt a total neccessity for commando's as they reach for a go it alone style attitude. However when going into battle in a team based mission characters with low team work rating will obviously not do as well. Maybe they miss out important criteria or details whereas a high teamworked individual may opt to take a bullet for the team or offer to lay down some fire support. The key thing to remember is there is no I in team.

Tr.Ab: Training Ability. Who's your principal character to wake up earlier than anyone else and put your troops through the paces.. this individual character will already be a top notch trooper and will also be part of the training schedule. They will also have good discipline. This ability determines how good and how quick your troops get. If trained by someone with a low training attribute. Then your characters will take longer to improve. If trained by a specialist such as Boa or Slaughter then they are more likely to improve quicker over a short period of time.

Vis: Vision. This attribute determines how effective your characters sight is, Pilots and recon patrol units should have good vision. Also spies/infiltrators should be good at this too. If your team goes into battle after you sent someone out with poor vision to do recon you may end up hitting a friendly/civilian through their bad recon/vision.

:)Ovl: Overall When the attributes are added together how good overall is your character. While this attribute alone doesnt just guarantee mission success you can use this as a quick guage to eliminate early contenders in mission selection along with MOS's..

Again if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
02-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Hello,
I would like to now mention that sign up for this game has now passed. If you would like to take part in the second series: Battle Zone II Please forward an email to me so I can make a note of it. Alternatively please send me a PM.
Please include in your PM/Email your forum name, real first name and the chosen team colours and chosen affiliation.
Many thanks for your interest.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
03-03-2006, 06:53 PM
G.I.Joe Battlezone
I will be using the NTLWorld website and will offer a link to that website to show the league rankings.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
03-04-2006, 07:14 PM
:D...I know.. you are all eager to begin the game..
I promise.. the game is ready to begin.. and the Mission PM's will be sent out tomorrow.. Sunday 6th March.
I have had to check details and stuff and write some of the terrain. Good Luck and please remember if you have any game questions or problems please post them here first.. if the questions are relating to something that is to do with the game and could be of benefit to all the commanders please post here in this thread.
If the question relates to something about your troops or the position where your troops are in a particular zone I will be online tomorrow on Yahoo & MSN so please send me an IM or email to either account or a PM via the forum.
These are not timed missions as such so please don't rush the mission and read the instructions and mission briefs carefully.
NemesisEnforcerFan (Game Creator). :)

Shogi
03-06-2006, 10:34 AM
now for those of us making maps, when we are given directions do we count the square we start on or do we count outside of that square?

Urban Saboteur
03-06-2006, 10:41 AM
now for those of us making maps, when we are given directions do we count the square we start on or do we count outside of that square?

You count the square you move on.:D
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
03-06-2006, 11:34 AM
:D..May have confused some commanders.. You don't have to build these maps.. its not entirely necessary..
However it is recommended. Simply as it will give you a better understanding as to where your troopers are and pinpoint exactly where the enemy is when you carry out field recon.
For those unsure of building a battlezone map or how to set about marking out the zone please see this link and click on slideshow.. read the titles at the top and look at the pictures.
In all cases each battlezone is 1 piece of A4 paper. In all cases an 8mm by 8mm square is around 37.5 Metres which is 41 Yards. All Battlezones should be placed in a Landscape (horizontal position) when viewing not portrait.

Heres that link.
http://photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Battle%20Zone%20Map%20Pics/?
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
03-08-2006, 02:57 PM
:D..May have confused some commanders.. You don't have to build these maps.. its not entirely necessary..
However it is recommended. Simply as it will give you a better understanding as to where your troopers are and pinpoint exactly where the enemy is when you carry out field recon.
For those unsure of building a battlezone map or how to set about marking out the zone please see this link and click on slideshow.. read the titles at the top and look at the pictures.
In all cases each battlezone is 1 piece of A4 paper. In all cases an 8mm by 8mm square is around 37.5 Metres which is 41 Yards. All Battlezones should be placed in a Landscape (horizontal position) when viewing not portrait.

Heres that link.
http://photobucket.com/albums/f250/UKAFCollectors/Battle%20Zone%20Map%20Pics/?
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Just a wee idea here.
Why not number the x and y axis' eg, 01,02 and so on. That way, instead of saying move 3squares along and 2 up, u can state: you are on GR(grid reference) 1125. Go to GR 0928. the numbers correspond to the bottom left hand corner of the square.

Shogi
03-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Just a wee idea here.
Why not number the x and y axis' eg, 01,02 and so on. That way, instead of saying move 3squares along and 2 up, u can state: you are on GR(grid reference) 1125. Go to GR 0928. the numbers correspond to the bottom left hand corner of the square.

or even simpler idea, use the same tools a map does. Since there are 26 squares going from top to bottom, make those A-Z and then number the upper row 1-36 so you can say "you're on square d-12" or something like that

Urban Saboteur
03-08-2006, 05:50 PM
or even simpler idea, use the same tools a map does. Since there are 26 squares going from top to bottom, make those A-Z and then number the upper row 1-36 so you can say "you're on square d-12" or something like that

Thats a great Idea.. see good things happen when you communicate.
Thanks for the input fella's..

So from now on the top to bottom squares will be numbered A-Z from the bottom right corner mark out that first square as A and go up the page to mark them all individually in alphabetical order.
Next from the bottom left corner number the squares 1-36 moving across until you reach the last square which is of course also housing the letter A. :-)
cool
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
03-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Hi,
Congratulations to G.I.*Jock of Destro's Destroyers who has finished his first mission. The league rankings can be seen here.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/susan.cavanagh/G.I.Joe%20Battlezone/Battlezone%20Rankings%20For%20Website.htm
Now its a case of seeing if the others can follow..
NemesisEnforcerFan

G.I.*JOCK
03-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Hullo, Hullo... Am top of the league and yer no! ;)

Dave :-P

starrcommand
03-22-2006, 05:47 PM
How is everyone keeping track of their boards?

Shogi
03-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Well I have some graph paper and I'm making a map with that and everything I get in my PM's I save in a word program and print out so I'll have a hard copy

Urban Saboteur
03-26-2006, 07:45 PM
This game is solidly built!
Btw Starrcommand if you need help with map building I'll do all i can to help.
NemesisEnforcerFan

SoulcatcherX
03-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Wish I could have gotten in on this. Sounds awesome.

Any sort of idea on the time-table until Age 2 (next season?).

Urban Saboteur
03-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Wish I could have gotten in on this. Sounds awesome.

Any sort of idea on the time-table until Age 2 (next season?).

:DYeah it is awesome.. I'll stick your ID down for Battlezone Series 2.. then PM you when its ready to begin again.
Thank You very much for your Interest.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Shogi
03-28-2006, 12:49 PM
ya know if this was a computer game and we could all be online when it was going down....that'd be Wicked Awesome!

Bigtattoo
03-28-2006, 03:59 PM
yeah, Im really enjoying this.

Urban Saboteur
03-28-2006, 07:24 PM
A Special Report By April Chang of TCN

"This just in on Thunder City News,
a cafe was the setting for a terrorist attack foiled by an elite armed response unit today in downtown Thunder City"
"One eyewitness said the cafe window smashed and a terrorist disguised by a dark hood stood up before being shot once this killed him instantly. It is yet unclear why terrorists would be in the cafe or what there motive was."
"The cafe was almost shutting at 5:00Pm when the incident happened. One of the lucky witnesses that I spoke to had this to say"

"I was eating my meal and in one section of the cafe near the window these three men stood up. One of them was wearing strange blue covered overalls or clothing as he got up a tall muscular built man appeared from the rear doors of the cafe and shot him twice with a handgun"

"More news on this as it develops"

Bigtattoo
03-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Nem- brilliant touch. Genius.
Whoever was in that cafe?- I just kicked your little blue ***!:D

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 05:56 AM
I've just sent another round of Forum PM's. Assuming your a commander that is still involved in his first mission.. get cracking!! :D

starrcommand
03-31-2006, 07:00 AM
I didnt receive any Nem.

Shogi
03-31-2006, 08:25 AM
I didnt receive any Nem.

Me either and last I heard I was still involved in my mission

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Sorry Fellas
The post was sent before the PM's were sent you will receive updates today ;)

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Hi,
Sorry about the small delay. Something got in the way.. Parents wanted CPU and my help for a little while. Everyone should have their updates and let me know soon as. If you have any questions post here on PM me. :D
N3M

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 02:32 PM
"This Is April Chang for TCN"
"Further developments on the downtown cafe shootout. It's been confirmed by government officials that a terrorist cell was believed to be holding a meeting with a local crimelord. The unit responsible for the killing is Elite Terrorist Fighting Team Codename GIJOE.
A representative at the scene could only confirm this and not which branch or section of GIJOE was responsible."
"We now have further statements coming in that one of the four members weren't killed but indeed captured for interrogation".
"Representative for counter intelligence Ray Benning had this to say"

"We received Intel that a local crime network were meeting at the cafe in downtown Thunder city area. We acted swiftly and promptly outsourcing the work to our nearest available unit. No civilian lives were lost as a result of todays shootings. I would personally like to say a big thank you to the team which helped play a huge part in bringing these terrorists to justice"

"Another witness at the scene said this"

"Aw man it was awesome, me and petey had just come out of golden label records and were discussing tonights movie. All of a sudden the cafe window crashed and this dude with a black mask on got up and looked around. As he steadied himself to run his head just exploded like an eggshell it was totally awesome!!"

"The terrorist network cell COBRA has not admitted they were part of the agreed meeting and as of yet we can only assume that local gangs were involved"
"This Is April Chang for TCN"

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 03:01 PM
"This is breaking news with me Sofia Malowski"

"The Modern High Tech Research Facility in the Aeribis Mountains has just exploded!!"
"reports coming in suggest a dozen or so researchers are thought to have been killed in the explosion which is being treated by officials as suspicious. It is unclear also at this stage what caused it"
"As soon as more news is found I shall of course be back with an update"

G.I.*JOCK
03-31-2006, 03:31 PM
This is a horrific development, I hope there were no military casualties!

Dave

G.I.*JOCK
03-31-2006, 03:36 PM
You know, the Facility must have went up a treat, maybe Metal Head had some fun and games before the Destroyers left? Angry Beef? More like Dead Meat! ;)

Bigtattoo
03-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Latest rankings:
Scotland first and second.
Its just like the Commonwealth games!

SoulcatcherX
03-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Yes... *rubs hands with evil pretenses* Expend yourselves while the game merely begins.

Soon the Sleeper will Awaken...

Bigtattoo
03-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Yes... *rubs hands with evil pretenses* Expend yourselves while the game merely begins.

Soon the Sleeper will Awaken...
Oh, you were sleeping. I thought u were in a coma.:D

Urban Saboteur
04-01-2006, 04:10 AM
Oh, you were sleeping. I thought u were in a coma.:D

Oi!, Can we chat in the other thread? This thread is for major Q's about the game and game updates? Unless of course we are getting our thread hi jacked? Which lets face it would be real scary.
Thanks Guys