Comic 3-packs [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Comic 3-packs

The Faceless Master
02-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I am heavily anticipating the release of the LJ ToxoViper comic pack
as well as the new Oktober Guard comic pack

and I just got to thinking, wouldnt it be awesome if Hasbro decided to
release one comic 3-pack a month, just like how Comics were released?

instead of 2 packs every 3mos or whenever HTS decides to release them?

goodguyswearblack9
02-08-2006, 02:33 PM
I can't wait to get more comic packs, and the more they create the better. Btw, are the Toxo-Vipers the original ones?

Patrick A. Riley
02-08-2006, 02:58 PM
They're not Toxo Vipers, they're "gas mask Cobra Troopers"

I wish they'd stop with the comic pack concept because of how limited they are by having to make them comic-accurate (and reusing overused and/or awful body molds). Do you really want figures with similar color schemes to the original just with new heads?

I'd rather see more ARAH 6-packs, though hopefully with more effort and communication than the last few which were released :rolleyes:

code red shockwave
02-08-2006, 03:52 PM
I wish there would be an even mixture of both RAH 6-packs and comic 3-packs. If Hasbro decides to make the comic pack with the D.E.F.(Shockwave, Headman, and one other GIJOE(Mutt, Bullet-Proof, or Cutter)), I would stop buying any more figures. Seriously!

Angry Beef
02-08-2006, 04:19 PM
The comic pack concept is gangbusters... They just haven't used it right. Hasbro fell into its own old trap of resuing easy parts and uninspired character choices.
Did we need Road Block? Or Tunnel Rat? Or Scrap Iron? Or bomber jacket Hawk? No. We've had plenty of them recently with the same molds.
We've had like 4 Snake-Eyes in the comic packs already.

But who will argue that Firefly wasn't a great figure or that comic color Cobra Sodiers aren't cool.

I think there must be some business reason for the choices Hasbro makes. None of us are privvy to that side of it.

Hasbro should realize that they are marketing to fans thrugh DTC now.. they can make obscure character choices and we'll like it.

Gasmasked Soldiers is a great idea. They are an army builder and kind of unique.. but I understand that people are upset that there is no BAT... but you know them's the brakes... the BAT isn't available or was cost prohibitive.
(I think people would have been happy with an issue accurate BAT head on a v2 body and arms... we know they have the original legs.... but knowing Joe-fandom people would have whined about that too.)

To sum up.. There are a lot of great figs Hasbro COULD do with the comic packs.... but right now they are doing 50/50 on them.. but I won't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Sevor
02-08-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm just happy that Hasbro still has plans to release the comic 3 packs. With the recent barrage of the *ahem* interesting *ahem* line that is Sigma 6, I'd be happy with any ARAH figures released. Unless of course they released a 3 pack of Crystal Ball.... *shudder*

Blight
02-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Whether it's comic packs or 6 pack sets, all I want it more COBRA army builders.

Agent Orange
02-09-2006, 12:18 AM
I think the main problems with the comic packs are the repeated characters (Snake Eyes, Stalker, etc.) and to an even greater extent, the so-called "comic accurate colors". What looks good in a comic book almost NEVER looks good in real life. More realistic colors would have definitely bumped the figures up a few notches.

DPrime
02-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Agreed. The comic-style colours are not the best - a bit too bright. I still sort of want all the original guys done in that style though. Be nice if they released another "Stars and Stripes" set with the same molds, once they were done, in more 1982ish (ie: darker) colours as well.

It seemed like that was the direction they were going originally, but decided to mix it up with the V2 Hawk, Tunnel Rat, etc. Those were okay, but I'd like to see them get back to the early guys.

YELSEW
02-09-2006, 02:36 AM
I love the comic packs. Hopefully, they will keep them coming. I have not read the new comics, but there are still more possibilities for 3 packs. I would be up for 1 a month. I would be up for anything a month, right now. I still am waiting on Wave 3 to go up on Hasbro!

yojoebro82
02-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Do you really want figures with similar color schemes to the original just with new heads?

That's why I steer clear of stuff like the Dreadnok pack. If you have the originals of some of these guys, there's just no reason to get them again.
BUT, overall I love the comic packs. Particularly the October Guard and original Joe team re paints.

How about this one......a CARTOON three pack with Pythona and TWO Cobra La guards!

Kir Kanos
02-09-2006, 07:40 AM
I would love it if Hasbro released a comic pack with every comic, even though some would be redundant. I think the comic packs are my favorite part of the toy line right now.

Shogi
02-09-2006, 08:24 AM
That's why I steer clear of stuff like the Dreadnok pack. If you have the originals of some of these guys, there's just no reason to get them again.
BUT, overall I love the comic packs. Particularly the October Guard and original Joe team re paints.

How about this one......a CARTOON three pack with Pythona and TWO Cobra La guards!

I got a better one for ya, either two 3 packs, one with the superiors of cobra La Golobulus, Pythona, Nem. and one with two Guards and a deformed CC! or just make this a good ol six pack!

DreamTripper
02-09-2006, 07:15 PM
I love the comic packs, and hope they release every issue into the set. I know a lot of the figures are redundant (why do we need 50 comic correct Snake-Eyes?), but, it's a great way to build up a Joe collection quickly, AND an easy way of getting the entire comic collection.

The Faceless Master
02-09-2006, 07:27 PM
...(why do we need 50 comic correct Snake-Eyes?)...
better yet, why Stalker??? :rolleyes:
comic pack #3 should have been a comic correct FLASH instead

DreamTripper
02-09-2006, 07:33 PM
And shouldn't the issue 1 "comic correct" Baroness have been in a skirt?

Patrick A. Riley
02-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Discuss here:
http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34526

FYI:
Dragonsky: Lower legs are from DEF Mutt v3. Upper legs & waist are from Ice Cream Soldier/Shock Viper