Looks like a new scale is coming for GI Joe.... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Looks like a new scale is coming for GI Joe....

statesofeuphoria
02-09-2006, 08:43 PM
I saw this at rocuniverse and there is a link to big bad toystore for a line of 2.5" line of Joes. Think Star Wars "unleashed". Could be interesting...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=543&company=0&category=1976

dockingbay97
02-09-2006, 09:01 PM
I think there will be a lot of new stuff at Toy Fair that is going to shock some people.

Falcone
02-09-2006, 09:17 PM
i would have preferred the original line to be 2.5", would save on alot of room:D

thoughtcrime
02-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Aaaand that answers the question "how is that 8" scale working". I'm very interested in the small scale vehicles....

irishcop21
02-09-2006, 10:10 PM
This could be my road to bankruptcy...sigh, Oh well...I will go merrily if these look as cool as they sound!

AlternateUniverse Steeler
02-09-2006, 10:54 PM
They are non poseable like mini unleashed.

Bravo
02-09-2006, 11:16 PM
More stuff not to buy. Thank goodness. :)

Hasbro has my interests in heart. Good show! :p

Some one at another forum with a "source" doesn't know a thing about this. So much for inside info!

Dakemesh
02-09-2006, 11:29 PM
While the figures don't sound that exciting to me (if they're really like the new Unleashed figs anyway), small scale vehicles would be awesome! I was always annoyed the the Micro Machines line weren't really Joe vehicles.

02-09-2006, 11:55 PM
I see it as hasbro not knowing the customer base. I have a bad feeling about these sets.

SharpShot
02-10-2006, 01:25 AM
Are these for an RPG or something? :|

GI Steevy
02-10-2006, 01:35 AM
I see it as hasbro not knowing the customer base. I have a bad feeling about these sets.
While I don't know exactly Hasbro's plans, I DO feel that many in the fandoms do NOT give Hasbro the credit they deserve.

I feel quite strongely that these will not be "GI Joe: Unleashed", if for no other reason than it does not make sense from a toy standpoint! GI Joe has nothing near the Star Wars fanbase, Joe has ALWAYS been more about an action figure line, so what purpose would it serve to release a line of unarticulated mini-statues?

While most point to SWUnleashed Battle packs, there are two other lines that fall into this scale:
The classic MASK line
And Joyride's HALO series (well, half of it)

Either one might be the basis of this change (and I pray it's HALO as those are some neat little figures, with ARTICULATION!)

GI Steevy
02-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Are these for an RPG or something? :|
Hasbro has a line of miniture gaming call Attactix, if these were for Attactix, they'd be marketed as such.

dockingbay97
02-10-2006, 01:36 AM
I love the smaller SW Unleashed. They are all terrific looking and would make for killer diorama building. I think Joes in the same format would be very cool.

Super Sport
02-10-2006, 01:51 AM
This seems to be a trend based on the popularity of japanese "gashapon/capsule" trading figures, at least scale-wise anyway. Heck, now Mcfarlane is doing it with Spawn, CHASE figs and all.

But these sound kind of intriguing if done right. I dont like the physical look of the 8 inch Sigma 6 figures so the size redux might fix the "stikfa" look. And vehicles in that scale sound cool. Time will tell.

Blight
02-10-2006, 03:33 AM
This seems to be a trend based on the popularity of japanese "gashapon/capsule" trading figures, at least scale-wise anyway. Heck, now Mcfarlane is doing it with Spawn, CHASE figs and all.

But these sound kind of intriguing if done right. I dont like the physical look of the 8 inch Sigma 6 figures so the size redux might fix the "stikfa" look. And vehicles in that scale sound cool. Time will tell.

A lot of those Anime/Manga character trading figures are in 3.75 scale size too, same as our RAH figures. This may just be another of Hasbro's lame ideas.

If this is for some sort of tabletop game like Attacktix, then at least I can use the game system with my HUGE collection of COBRA troops.

But if this is a Joe version of Star Wars 'Unleashed' figures then this is just a colossal waste of everyone's time.

02-10-2006, 03:39 AM
Its just scaled up green army men in a new form. I say boooooooooooooo!
If they want joe unleashed do larger like original unleashed. They will be peg warmers. Non poseable less detailed lumps. I see most sw mini unleashed clogging shelves here.

YELSEW
02-10-2006, 05:42 AM
I will not be picking these up either unless they are something spectacular. I am just plain and simply running out of room!

flywheels
02-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Can't wait to see pics of the Firebat, HISS and other vehicles. Hasbro definately has me intrigued...

OptimusPrime
02-10-2006, 09:21 AM
They are non poseable like mini unleashed.

Now how in the could you know that without seeing them? Only 1 more day till Toy Fair clears this up!

Richard J.
02-10-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure about this one, but I'll give it a look when it comes out. At the very least, I might get the vehicles.

Withholding judgement until I've seen them in the flesh. Er, plastic.

Richard J.

P.S. Whomever is going to Toy Fair, bring us back some good pictures! And enjoy yourselves!