Thoughts on Sigma 6 2.5 inch vehicles [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Thoughts on Sigma 6 2.5 inch vehicles

Chris L
02-12-2006, 09:33 AM
They all look very cool to me. :D

Is anyone else slightly irritated that these vehicles, especially the Dragonhawk and Cobra jet would have been a million times cooler if they were for the 3 3/4 line?? I wonder if they were slated, at one point, for the 3 3/4 line, but due to "poor sales in the vehicle department," these were pushed into this 2.5 line. :mad: I have 2 ROCCS, 2 RHINOs, 6 Hiss Tanks, and 6 Night hummers with plans to buy more when the Hasbro's website gets wave 3 in, so I wonder what the definition of poor sales is for a direct market. I certainly have plans to see if I can cram a 3 3/4 cobra trooper into that jet!!

Two other interesting points:

1. Now that Sigma 6 is hot, out there, known to toy buyers...or what ever you want to term it, why didn't Hasbro at least show the DTC ROCC and RHINO in the show room??

2. I see a very strong resemblance between the RHINO and DragonHawk to the vehicles in the movie Alien. Any one else notice this??

Chris L (Back to lurker mode now that I have vented!!)

MikePrime
02-12-2006, 01:06 PM
The new VAMP does seem to fit in with the DTC line's vehicle style and that new Cobra jet looks the Night Raven and Condor had a very cool looking baby.

DPrime
02-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Yep, although I would prefer they go back to more of an olive green motif for all the Joe vehicles. I don't like the grey stuff.

Seems like a waste to have designed these for the new 2.5" line. They won't sell with those figures...

Super Sport
02-12-2006, 03:28 PM
We got ganked.

To me, this means Hasbro has forsaken the 3 3/4 fans in favor of the Sigma stuff. I want that dragonfly, but I don't think I will buy one. At this point I refuse to support Sigma 6 by spending money on it, AND I'm sure Hasbro doesn't care.

Viper Commander
02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
As a Sigma 6 fan, I'm definitely excited about these, I just wanna see how much they're gonna cost first. Both the planes look tight. :)

rah-digga
02-12-2006, 09:25 PM
The vehicles are cool. I like the Firebat and the Dragon Hawk, Finally cool air craft. But the whole 2.5 figures are terrible. I personally hate Sigma Six (why does fire fly have the 6 as an emblem? Did he switch sides ala v2 of Storm Shadow? If so big mistake Hasbro!) And does anyone see a pattern with like a billion versions of Duke being released in the 8 inch figures? Hmm this new guy Phil Jackson who's working for Hasbro really needs to stop this line in it's tracks and correct the tons of problems I forsee.

Dakemesh
02-12-2006, 10:18 PM
The vehicles are cool, the figures look bad. Pre-posed with limited articulation. Why take a step backwards? Look what happened to Mattel and MOTU.

Shogi
02-12-2006, 10:52 PM
The whole 2 inch line seems to be trying to tap into the anime gashapon figure market much like Marvels figure factory. This makes sence to me seeing as how Sigma 6 has anime ties. The only problem with this is that GI Joe is an "action figure", toys that have little to no movement are NOT "action figures".

The vehicles DO look very cool, the Dragon Hawk reminds me of many anime aircrafts and looks like it'd be a great toy, but for me it has a HUGE drawback, the fact that I'll have to now start collecting a new scale of figures to interact with it. That alone makes me pass on something I would definately buy if it was able to accomidate my 3 3/4" toys.

Seriously, Hasbro could have had a much better toy line if they made it 3 3/4" They could have incorporated already exsisting toys such as the ROCC (It's in the sig 6 toon right?) and would already have many figure molds to use to make many different toys for the new line. We always hear about how expensive it is to make new molds just for one figure and that's why they use parts from exsisting molds. Well here was an opportunity to start a new toy line and have the option to use many exsisting molds (vehicle and figure) for a lot of products. This seems like a no brainer to me, sure there would have been a few repainted vehicles, but at least a few of those vehicles have never been in a store! Hasbro could have saved some money and had a toy line that would appeal to 3 3/4" AND Sig 6 collectors but instead they chose to spend more money producing a whole new scale of toys with figures that IMO look very badly made and the line will mostly only attract the Sig 6 collectors because the vehicle won't accomidate 3 3/4".......Why make such a bad call?

Agent Orange
02-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Does anyone notice the Sigma 6 VAMP distinctly resembles (i.e. is a flat-out copy of) a certain easily-flipped 4WD vehicle driven by the Master Chief?

Honesty, and I'm sad to say this - but (aside from the Oktober Guard pack) the most exicting thing I've seen here are the Sigma 6 2.5" vehicles. The Firebat and Dragonhawk are awesome. God, I hope 3 3/4" figures will fit in their cockpits.

If not, Hasbro you should be ashamed of yourselves for introducing yet ANOTHER new scale. Why do you seek to spite your best fans?

GI Steevy
02-13-2006, 12:50 AM
The vehicles are cool, the figures look bad. Pre-posed with limited articulation. Why take a step backwards? Look what happened to Mattel and MOTU.
*scratches head*
I fail to see the link

Agent Orange
02-13-2006, 01:41 AM
*scratches head*
I fail to see the link

I guess Mattel released new MOTU figures that were less articulated than the originals (I assume, but don't know, since all the new MOTU figuers looked like crap, and thus didn't interest me), and they quickly bombed at retail and the line was cancelled.

Shogi
02-13-2006, 09:34 AM
MOTU had a line of 1" or 1 1/2" figures that had no movement whatsoever, I believe that's what's being referred to.

Also I wouldn't say the new VAMP is a direct rip off of the "Chupathingie" (sorry, watched a LOT of Red Vs Blue last night :) ) But it does resemble it a lot

Agent Orange
02-13-2006, 04:47 PM
MOTU had a line of 1" or 1 1/2" figures that had no movement whatsoever, I believe that's what's being referred to.

Also I wouldn't say the new VAMP is a direct rip off of the "Chupathingie" (sorry, watched a LOT of Red Vs Blue last night :) ) But it does resemble it a lot

I don't know. Aside from the addition of doors to the VAMP and different wheel covers, it looks pretty darn similar. ;)