Sigma Six backstory? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma Six backstory?

GI Trekker
02-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Okay -- I've picked up a couple of the Sigma Six figures. But I'm not watching the animated series or reading the comic book.

So I've got what might be a dumb question here. I've noticed that the Joes in the line, whatever their overall physical size -- from skinny runts like Tunnel Rat to the massive Heavy Duty -- all seem to be "dressed" pretty much alike, whatever additional cloth accoutrements they might have.

I'd call the outfit a sort of form-fitting body armor for lack of a better description. And I'm just wondering if there's been any sort of backstory to explain all of this, and what it's about...?

DreamTripper
02-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I've only seen bits and pieces of a few of the episodes, and don't care for the figures, so don't take this as 100% accurate. But I believe the suits the figures are all dressed in are the "Sigma Suits," designed to enhance natural abilities, and give feedback to the Joe computer on a Joes position, and physical condition.

YELSEW
02-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I have watched most of the cartoons (at least I think I have!). In the first couple of episodes Cobra destroys the GI Joe HQ, which leaves the Joes to have a new mobile command center ROCC. When the HQ was destroyed, Duke decided to have a new codename for the GI Joe, thus Sigma Six came about. Hi-Tech designed Sigma suits for each of the users to enhance the characteristics of the wearer i.e. Snake Eyes' enhances his martial arts traits, heavy duty's enhances his strengh traits, and so forth.

This is what I understand of it, if I am wrong I am sure someone will let me know! :)