Battlezone talk! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Battlezone talk!

Shogi
02-16-2006, 06:45 AM
Yes there's the GI Joe Battlezone thread, but that's for the actual game, I thought we should have a thread for game/trash talk (Trash talk as in, "I'm the best, you all are scum suckers",or better yet "You'll all be Dead By Dawn!", general funny boasting, not personal attacks)

So yeah, who all's against my Necrodawn team?

Urban Saboteur
02-16-2006, 11:32 AM
:D..Fantastic Idea Shogi!
A battlezone thread for talking about the game. Thanks for this. I wanted to leave the other thread for game updates. So thanks very much for starting this.
I cannot really compete in trash talk... Cos I am ineligable for entry due to me running the game n all. However theres much more than jokey trash talk to discuss. Now theres four to five different sides competing for the battlezone title.. so why not discuss potential alligencies?.. or maybe story crossovers?
Character building?
I am certain theres more.. in essence Battlezone promises to open up a new virtual joe verse.
I look forward to seeing everyones contribution on this thread and there decisions made in game towards the various scenarios thrown at everyones team.
Let the talks begin
NemesisEnforcerFan

willie&joe
02-16-2006, 11:32 AM
My GuerIllaz are sooooooo much cooler than your Necrodawns. You wanna know why your team is called Necrodawn? 'Cause they'll be dead by morning!

Anyway, now that I got that out of the way, this game sounds like it'll be super fun. Can't wait to start!

Shogi
02-16-2006, 12:31 PM
My GuerIllaz are sooooooo much cooler than your Necrodawns. You wanna know why your team is called Necrodawn? 'Cause they'll be dead by morning!

Anyway, now that I got that out of the way, this game sounds like it'll be super fun. Can't wait to start!

Ought to be easy to be dead by dawn since at some point they're all gonna be ZOMBIES!!!!! ok, not really, but I'd like it :)

and NemesisEnforcerFan, you can still do the trash talk, you won't be a commander but you could be the voice of god or something......

Urban Saboteur
02-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Ought to be easy to be dead by dawn since at some point they're all gonna be ZOMBIES!!!!! ok, not really, but I'd like it :)

and NemesisEnforcerFan, you can still do the trash talk, you won't be a commander but you could be the voice of god or something......

Well.. maybe not .. I think I'll just see what peoples have to discuss first.. it should be good to see peoples responses.. interesting how Willie's team are Joe and Shogi's are Cobra.. we got a huge potential for a battle there already.. good stuff.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Big Boa
02-16-2006, 01:21 PM
man this is a neat idea to be honest i don't want to boast cause i know it will come back to haunt me it always does
Nice Idea Shogi!Just hope you don't have too many in the game:p

Shogi
02-16-2006, 06:05 PM
man this is a neat idea to be honest i don't want to boast cause i know it will come back to haunt me it always does
Nice Idea Shogi!Just hope you don't have too many in the game:p

Oh don't you worry, if the game is based on strategy, then this will prolly be the last of good ideas coming from me :)

Not really, just trying to lull you into a false sense of security :p

I gotta say, I'm the most excited I've been in a while about this, I'm almost to the point of wanting to make maps and battle plans and then re-enact what happens with my joes and go so far as to post pictures!

andymort
02-16-2006, 06:12 PM
When I was making my team choices for Crimson Storm I decided I'd only pick members I have figures of, so that I can take team pics! And from the sounds of things making maps could be a very useful excercise...!

I would post pics of the team already but I realised it'd give away who I had and possibly put me at something of a disadvantage! Although you can probably make some guesses from the name of the team!

Urban Saboteur
02-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Oh don't you worry, if the game is based on strategy, then this will prolly be the last of good ideas coming from me :)

Not really, just trying to lull you into a false sense of security :p

I gotta say, I'm the most excited I've been in a while about this, I'm almost to the point of wanting to make maps and battle plans and then re-enact what happens with my joes and go so far as to post pictures!

Actually Shogi,
Your not far from the truth.. the first Mission PM will undoubtedly raise questions as well as answer alot.
The terrain and zones will be explained.. to you if need be.. on mission briefs so you will need a pen and paper and ruler to take notes..
Basic stuff for example like
"Intelligence locates the enemy satellite station in zone D just north of an enemy outpost."
So from that moment you should be aware the outpost is south of that satellite in zone D..
Most of the landmarks in battlezone will not be repeated. So key information should either be jotted down or well stored (remembered).
Obviously when selecting pre set commands for characters you need to make them aware of certain landmarks essential in plotting your mission.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Shogi
02-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh GOD! I need to stock up on graph paper now! I'm a little intimidated by this idea, but also excited.
One question, will we be able to make a map and possibly send you a pic to compare if it's right or not, or will we just have to chalk it up to faulty intelligence, also perhaps other commanders can trade map knowledge to increase each other's layout of the land?

Bigtattoo
02-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Necrodawn, Gorillaz, whatever, none of you stand a chance against the 80s throwbacks- The Night Riders.
Bring it on.
Actually, Im a bit worried. While Im excited about this, I never thought to make maps of the zones.
Still, Im certain my tactical acumen will see you all eating my dust.
Get used to the sight of my rear boys, youll see a lot of it.

Bigtattoo
02-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Shogi- thanks for starting this. Great idea.
It does make more sense to leave the official thread ( mods- which should get stickied) open for TVG, or The Voice of God as Nem should now be called.

Shogi
02-17-2006, 02:15 AM
Shogi- thanks for starting this. Great idea.
It does make more sense to leave the official thread ( mods- which should get stickied) open for TVG, or The Voice of God as Nem should now be called.

TVG...I like that, as for your fear of maps....well I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for trading knowledge such as maps and technical equipment, that is if TVG will allow that...... ;)

Urban Saboteur
02-17-2006, 07:23 AM
:D..During the game.. there will undoubtedly be crossovers in battles and storylines with the possibility of striking an alliance. Your knowledge can then be shared. However there wouldnt be anything stopping each forum commander sharing there knowledge via email or PM. I wouldnt be able to stop you even if I wanted to.
The question you have to ask really is the person you send your Intelligence to reliable?.. are they acting as an information source for one of your enemy commanders?

Regarding the maps, graph paper,..I welcome this.. If you want to trace certain landmarks onto paper into certain zones then yes. However I will send the mission brief only once. So I suggest you find a way of storing or collecting the mission data.
Some intelligence will be red herrings/suggested and its up to you as team commander to ascertain what Intel is fact or fiction then gather this information and relay to your team.
Obviously you want to let the most intelligent of your troops know..relay first to someone with high intel.. or a leader. They can then pass this down to the other troops.
One of the primary reasons that this game won't be based on turns and you moving characters individually is because as forum Team commander you will be responsible for handling all the info thrown at you. Then it will be a case of deciding what is known fact as apposed from assumption.
Hope this helps:p
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
02-17-2006, 12:34 PM
OK- so far we have,
Dead by Dawn- Shogi
Gorillas ( lost in the Mist)- WillieandJoe
CrimsonStorm (in a teacup)- Andymort
The Stealthy troops of Big Boa,
and of course The Elite Night Riders- me.
Who else is out there? Jim are u there, Jock are u brave enough? And is your rabbit part of the team? David- are u stepping up to the plate?
C'mon boys who else wants a whippin'.
BTW- Im willing to trade my military expertise to any who need it. We can discuss terms via pm.

Urban Saboteur
02-17-2006, 01:24 PM
:D..In fact these are what we have as confirmed teams.

1. jetski333-Ninjetskis-G.I.Joe
2. Shogi-Necrodawn-Cobra
3. Bigtattoo-Night Riders-G.I.Joe
4. Angry Beef-Decemberists-Oktober Guard
5. Big Boa-Shadow Blades-Cobra
6. G.I.*Jock-Destro's Destroyers-Destro
7. Andymort-Crimson Storm-Cobra
8. Willie&Joe-Willie's Gorillaz-G.I.Joe

Hope this helps you pick out potential enemies.. and.. allies..
NemesisEnforcerFan

Big Boa
02-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Wow! we got quite a few teams then, but big tattoo don't think your gonna win that easy my troops are gonna whip you all over the place!:D :p

Shogi
02-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Wow! we got quite a few teams then, but big tattoo don't think your gonna win that easy my troops are gonna whip you all over the place!:D :p

yes, and I can help you with our common enemy......for a price :)

Bigtattoo
02-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Bring it on!:D
Thats more like it. We need some pre- war banter here, cos youll all be crying soon.......

Shogi
02-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Well after reading Nem's response to a question Bigtattoo asked here: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34398&page=3

I'm feeling a bit better about my choices in characters.....although I think I maybe would have changed one or two, but I guess that's what recruitment is for :)

Anyone else second guessing their choices or does everyone feel they're ready for the upcoming challenges?

Big Boa
02-19-2006, 04:56 AM
:D Nah i'm fine with my team Shogi! But Big Tattoo you are so goin' down! I'm gonna pulverise you into the ground then bury you then dance on your grave!

Big Boa
02-19-2006, 05:14 AM
What sort of price shogi?

Bigtattoo
02-19-2006, 10:58 AM
:D Nah i'm fine with my team Shogi! But Big Tattoo you are so goin' down! I'm gonna pulverise you into the ground then bury you then dance on your grave!
Yeah Yeah, talk is cheap Wee Boa.:p
I can tell youre already worried.
And with good reason:D .

Angry Beef
02-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Sorry I'm so late to the thread everyone. My internet access was really shoddy this past week.

So to talk a little trash...

The Decemberists, my Oktober Guard (plus some GI JOE exhange program members) team will accomplish the goals with speed and efficiency, leaving a wake of widows and orphans in their wake. Re-education through firepower!

Bigtattoo
02-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Re-education through firepower!
Re-education? Man, Ill be giving you EDUCATION in the finer arts of..... well, whatever we're about to play.:D

Shogi
02-19-2006, 02:11 PM
What sort of price shogi?

Well we'll just see if you have anything useful once the games start up, never know........I could need a favor, or some intel, anything ;)

willie&joe
02-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Oh GOD! I need to stock up on graph paper now! I'm a little intimidated by this idea...........

Don't worry about making a map Shogi. I'm sure your little zombies won't even be able to walk in a straight line much less read a map. Oh another reason they're called Necrodawn... They're so afraid of the dark that they have to wait until dawn before they can manage to attack!

P.S. Shogi's probably gonna end up kicking my butt! I'm really such a wuss that I have to say something nice after I trash talk! Shogi your team is awesome!

Shogi
02-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Don't worry about making a map Shogi. I'm sure your little zombies won't even be able to walk in a straight line much less read a map. Oh another reason they're called Necrodawn... They're so afraid of the dark that they have to wait until dawn before they can manage to attack!

P.S. Shogi's probably gonna end up kicking my butt! I'm really such a wuss that I have to say something nice after I trash talk! Shogi your team is awesome!

I'm sure your gorrillas will be lost in the mist along with my zombies.....but zombies eat gorrillas :)

P.S. It's ok...sniff.....everyone picks on only me......*Waits till you get close to comfort me then slices you with my shiv* :D

Big Boa
02-23-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't pick on you Shogi!;) Oh and i'm not worried Big Tattoo you should be cause you never know when i'm going to strike next:p

Bigtattoo
02-23-2006, 03:35 PM
I dont need to know. I have eyes and ears everywhere. Youre going down buddy. The 'Riders are fully prepared for WAR.:D

Big Boa
02-24-2006, 04:25 AM
I'm just gonna waste you bigtattoo there is no other way of putting it
I'm gonna win and you know it.:cool: Hey and maybe with the help of shogi when i kill you and you die and become zombies then shogi can kick your but all over again:p I'm gonna baet you bigtattoo no matter what.

The Shadow Blades are gonna cane you bigtattoo

LONG LIVE EMPEROR SERPENTOR!:D

Bigtattoo
02-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Aahhh, but theres some valuable info coming thru here. Thanks Boa.
Youve just told me that 1) you and Shogi are now a team. Good to know.
And 2) youre both clearly running scared of the Big Man. The Shadow Blades will be blunted very quickly in this war!

Shogi
02-24-2006, 12:51 PM
ahh, you're right! There is info here, but you, sadly, missed it :)

Bigtattoo
02-24-2006, 03:04 PM
ahh, you're right! There is info here, but you, sadly, missed it :)
Good riposte. I love this thread.:D

willie&joe
02-27-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm just gonna waste you bigtattoo there is no other way of putting it
I'm gonna win and you know it. Hey and maybe with the help of shogi when i kill you and you die and become zombies then shogi can kick your but all over again I'm gonna baet you bigtattoo no matter what.
The Shadow Blades are gonna cane you bigtattoo
LONG LIVE EMPEROR SERPENTOR!

Careful now Big Boa. You shouldn't be forgeting about me. This tme next week I'm guessing your Shadow Blades are going to be down for the count. Serpentor's not going to be able to save you. Shogi's zombie's aren't going to save you (they'll be gone before you, anyway). Be afraid, Big Boa, be very afraid. I can tell you are already. ;) ;) ;)

Shogi
02-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Careful now Big Boa. You shouldn't be forgeting about me. This tme next week I'm guessing your Shadow Blades are going to be down for the count. Serpentor's not going to be able to save you. Shogi's zombie's aren't going to save you (they'll be gone before you, anyway). Be afraid, Big Boa, be very afraid. I can tell you are already. ;) ;) ;)

Oops, sorry we already counted you as dead :D

willie&joe
02-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Oops, sorry we already counted you as dead :D

Nah, those invites to the funeral were just to throw you off.

Shogi
02-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Nah, those invites to the funeral were just to throw you off.

See and I thought they were a trap to lure us into one place then detonate the coffin that was filled with c-4 :rolleyes: Boy was I wrong! You just wanted to misdirect us.....well rest assured, I'll never do that to you.......I'll use the coffin full of c-4! :)

Big Boa
03-01-2006, 12:39 PM

Why the heck would serpentor save me i put LONG LIVE EMPEROR SERPENTOR not Please help me serpentor! You'll be the one asking to be spared when the Shadow Blades are hanging close to skull

willie&joe
03-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Why the heck would serpentor save me i put LONG LIVE EMPEROR SERPENTOR not Please help me serpentor! You'll be the one asking to be spared when the Shadow Blades are hanging close to skull

O.k., sorry 'bout that misunderstanding there. So I take it to mean then that you aren't asking Serp for help 'cause you know that he has already been killed. Saying Long Live Serpentor is just some voodoo zombie chant you picked up from Shogi that you hope will bring Serp back to life. Glad we got that taken care of.
I also understand from your post that your Shadow Blades are head lice and that they plan on infecting my teams hair, hence the "hanging close to my skull". Well rest assured, I won't be borrowing any combs or hats from Shogi's zombies.

willie&joe
03-01-2006, 03:09 PM
See and I thought they were a trap to lure us into one place then detonate the coffin that was filled with c-4 :rolleyes: Boy was I wrong! You just wanted to misdirect us.....well rest assured, I'll never do that to you.......I'll use the coffin full of c-4! :)

Well that just won't work, Shogi. I won't need to buy any coffins from you anytime soon. The Shadow Blades might be interested in a good coffin salesman, though ;).

Urban Saboteur
03-01-2006, 04:17 PM
:D..This banter is fantastic, The first mission PM's should be with you this weekend.
I will be sending my first Battlezone Game message to the forums this weekend before the missions begin and scores are taken.
NemesisEnforcerFan

willie&joe
03-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Hey Nem, I would like to say thanks to you for all the hard work and effort you are putting into this game. Thanks!

Shogi
03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey Nem, I would like to say thanks to you for all the hard work and effort you are putting into this game. Thanks!

I have to second this! Thanx Nem!

...oh and I'd like to note that no one on my team has lice :)

willie&joe
03-01-2006, 07:31 PM
...oh and I'd like to note that no one on my team has lice :)

Zombies without lice? What is this world coming to?! :D

Shogi
03-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Zombies without lice? What is this world coming to?! :D

Yeah well I wash them with head and shoulders....course for some of them, that's all they are but still......

Big Boa
03-02-2006, 06:17 AM
None of my team have headlice that's crazy theyve gotta be damn strong headlice to get through my helmet! Its 4 foot thick!

Shogi
03-02-2006, 06:37 AM
None of my team have headlice that's crazy theyve gotta be damn strong headlice to get through my helmet! Its 4 foot thick!

Well I hope your soldier's necks are stong enough to support helmets like that or else they won't be moving much....more like flailing about while their heads sink into the ground

Big Boa
03-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Well I hope your soldier's necks are stong enough to support helmets like that or else they won't be moving much....more like flailing about while their heads sink into the ground

You didn't get it shogi? I'm boa look at my avatar i have a helmet the size of a cocunut, no a melon, no a pumpkin, wait yeah a melon I'm confused:confused:
Oh well that don't matter what matters is that this battlezone is gonna rock!

GREAT WORK NEM!:D :cool: ;)

Bigtattoo
03-02-2006, 01:40 PM
I fourth that, or fifth (whatever). Great job TVG.
We all really appreciate the effort u put in.
Also, its great to see the infighting has begun in the Cobra ranks.
Dissention already and u havent even been humiliated yet.
What r u all gonna be like when I ruin your battle plans.
Dead by Dawn and Shadow Lice- IM COMING FOR U GIRLS.

Urban Saboteur
03-02-2006, 03:31 PM
I fourth that, or fifth (whatever). Great job TVG.
We all really appreciate the effort u put in.

Hi,
Not to upset anyone at all.. but is there a slight chance I could be called something else?.. I prefer mothman to TVG.
Thing Is I am not a religious person at all.. in any sense.. I don't object to people holding beliefs in religion.. I am just not a believer.. so if possible it would be real great if I could be referred to as either Nem, NEF or Mothman... as I wouldnt want anyone else thinking I am a religious believer with a nickname like the voice of god or anything.

Apologies if this doesnt sit well with you guys but I was told always to be honest..and I thought it best to level with you all.
Thanks
NemesisEnforcerFan-Aka Mothman

Shogi
03-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi,
Not to upset anyone at all.. but is there a slight chance I could be called something else?.. I prefer mothman to TVG.
Thing Is I am not a religious person at all.. in any sense.. I don't object to people holding beliefs in religion.. I am just not a believer.. so if possible it would be real great if I could be referred to as either Nem, NEF or Mothman... as I wouldnt want anyone else thinking I am a religious believer with a nickname like the voice of god or anything.

Apologies if this doesnt sit well with you guys but I was told always to be honest..and I thought it best to level with you all.
Thanks

It's cool man, to be honest I'm not that religious either, but I can understand your concern....as for a name I like Mothman, kinda like the creature that started all that eerie stuff way back when, you've started something with us eerie people :D

Shogi
03-02-2006, 07:46 PM
You didn't get it shogi? I'm boa look at my avatar i have a helmet the size of a cocunut, no a melon, no a pumpkin, wait yeah a melon I'm confused

Well you're right I didn't get it, but I don't see your avatar either, guess I'm all sorts of blind......buzzards (or Turkey Vultures if you like) must have pecked me eyes out

Why do you see dissention? I expressed concern for what I believed the most logical outcome to what information I was presented with.

I think someone's already suspicious of everybody and will therefore be alone when the night comes :D

jetski333
03-03-2006, 04:31 AM
He won't be alone.

jetski333
03-03-2006, 04:34 AM
Also, thanks Nem for doing this, we'll vote you best yojoer someday heheh

p.s. I was hoping we could change the TVG title since I'm a believer, since it got changed already I'm happy now ... :p thanks again.

Shogi
03-03-2006, 07:27 AM
He won't be alone.

And more members freely give the enemy valuable intel :)

Bigtattoo
03-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi,
Oooops. Sorry guys. No offence meant. You shall now be BHM (Big Hairy Mothman.)

Bigtattoo
03-03-2006, 01:17 PM
He won't be alone.
AArgh- the cats out of the bag now.

Angry Beef
03-03-2006, 04:34 PM
wow.. I think I need to go back and catch up on this thread.

Bigtattoo
03-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Why do you see dissention? I expressed concern for what I believed the most logical outcome to what information I was presented with.

I think someone's already suspicious of everybody and will therefore be alone when the night comes :D
Just remember Voodoo-boy, the nights MY domain, hence the name.
My chainsaw will tear your zombies apart.
Ans Shadow Lice- Ive just bought a GIANT COMB.
Be afraid, be very afraid!!

Shogi
03-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Just remember Voodoo-boy, the nights MY domain, hence the name.
My chainsaw will tear your zombies apart.
Ans Shadow Lice- Ive just bought a GIANT COMB.
Be afraid, be very afraid!!

ahh but by going by your name "The Night Riders" that doesn't imply the night is YOUR domain, just that you ride it and just like bull riders, the night may wind up stomping you into the ground....

Bigtattoo
03-03-2006, 06:25 PM
ahh but by going by your name "The Night Riders" that doesn't imply the night is YOUR domain, just that you ride it and just like bull riders, the night may wind up stomping you into the ground....
No, 'cos otherwise my team would have been called The Night ( actually Day, but they ride in and just like bull riders, the night may wind up stomping them into the ground...) Riders which would just be silly and too long- winded.
Also by that maxim Necro ( from the Greek Necros or 'death') Dawn means all your troops would only survive the night (at least thats true.)
Perhaps theyll all spontaneously combust.

Shogi
03-03-2006, 06:30 PM
No, 'cos otherwise my team would have been called The Night ( actually Day, but they ride in and just like bull riders, the night may wind up stomping them into the ground...) Riders which would just be silly and too long- winded.
Also by that maxim Necro ( from the Greek Necros or 'death') Dawn means all your troops would only survive the night (at least thats true.)

While we continue to split hairs....technically, Zombies aren't alive, so death at dawn would be quite right, seeing as they've been dead the whole time!

Urban Saboteur
03-03-2006, 06:33 PM

Hey cool.. I just thought I'd give you guys an FYI post.. your missions are incoming on Sunday.. No worries if some are at work or have other commitments.. as I said the game isn't necessarily designed to beat you for time. I do stress you read the PM carefully on Sunday. If you have any major Q's. I can deal with them one at a time.. either by PM or as usual if its something that may concern the commanders as a whole.. post it on the battlezone game thread not the chat (this) one.
I love this banter by the way.. I'm hoping it gets better as the missions, stress & tension builds..:p
I'd also like to point out at this stage I do now know which commanders will start in which zones.. I have finished designing and setting them up.. all it remains for me to do is double check and make sure the mission PM's are correct. There will be 4 zones.. in the first series of Battle Zone. Wherever you start off surely wont be where you end up.:eek:
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
03-03-2006, 06:36 PM
While we continue to split hairs....technically, Zombies aren't alive, so death at dawn would be quite right, seeing as they've been dead the whole time!
OOOH, shambling, decaying, mindless automatons.
Im shaking in ny size 12s.
BTW, cheers Nem youre a star.

Shogi
03-03-2006, 06:38 PM
OOOH, shambling, decaying, mindless automatons.
Im shaking in ny size 12s.
BTW, cheers Nem youre a star.

Never stopping, never sleeping, never exahusted eating machines, who can take many, many bullets before they fall down, mindless automations is more like it :)

Bigtattoo
03-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Never stopping, never sleeping, never exahusted eating machines, who can take many, many bullets before they fall down, mindless automations is more like it :)
Two words: SHOTGUN, FIRE.

Shogi
03-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Two words: SHOTGUN, FIRE.

Yeah shotguns will only work in close quarters and fire just means you have a shambling inferno setting the woods you're in on fire, or setting you on fire

Bigtattoo
03-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Yeah shotguns will only work in close quarters and fire just means you have a shambling inferno setting the woods you're in on fire, or setting you on fire
Ahh, but remember youre up against an elite, highly trained,surgically accurate strike team.
Lets face it, theres no competition here.:D

Shogi
03-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Ahh, but remember youre up against an elite, highly trained,surgically accurate strike team.
Lets face it, theres no competition here.:D

yes,yes,yes, you're quite the force to be reconed with....I tire of your noise and I think I hear your mommy calling.....oh, wait, that's your car

Bigtattoo
03-03-2006, 07:03 PM
yes,yes,yes, you're quite the force to be reconed with....I tire of your noise and I think I hear your mommy calling.....oh, wait, that's your car
Lets not bring our mothers into this. lol
At least youre starting to acknowledge my teams prowess. Youre learning!

Shogi
03-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Lets not bring our mothers into this. lol
At least youre starting to acknowledge my teams prowess. Youre learning!

Wow and I thought zombies were supposed to be the ones with rotten brains! You can't see sarcasm when it's chewing your face off! :p

Disclaimer for all: Let me know if I ever step over any boundaries with the banter in here, I don't want to really make anyone mad....well unless it's because I'm winning and everyone gets jealous

yeah, karma's gonna pay me back big time after that :D

Bigtattoo
03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Wow and I thought zombies were supposed to be the ones with rotten brains! You can't see sarcasm when it's chewing your face off! :p

Disclaimer for all: Let me know if I ever step over any boundaries with the banter in here, I don't want to really make anyone mad....well unless it's because I'm winning and everyone gets jealous

yeah, karma's gonna pay me back big time after that :D
Funnily enough, I was contemplating posting something similar.
Keep going, I love this banter, and I think most others do too. After all, its all youll have to fall back on soon.

Shogi
03-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Funnily enough, I was contemplating posting something similar.
Keep going, I love this banter, and I think most others do too. After all, its all youll have to fall back on soon.

I'll have plenty to fall back on...namely your troops' corpses

Bigtattoo
03-03-2006, 07:54 PM
I'll have plenty to fall back on...namely your troops' corpses
Sarcasm and cheap comebacks, the last bastion of the desperate!:D
Dont worry, its the first game. Ill play nice, for a bit.

Big Boa
03-05-2006, 04:49 AM
Man this thread is great!:D Can't wait till we get our first asignments wonder who's in my zone?....:rolleyes:

Urban Saboteur
03-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Man this thread is great!:D Can't wait till we get our first asignments wonder who's in my zone?....:rolleyes:

I somehow doubt that matters to you boa.. :confused:
NemesisEnforcerFan

Shogi
03-07-2006, 08:21 PM
So how does everyone feel they're fairing in their missions?

Personally I think I'm doing pretty good

Bigtattoo
03-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Not sure yet.
Where are u on the map and we can meet up?;)

Shogi
03-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Not sure yet.
Where are u on the map and we can meet up?;)

Oh, I'm out in a forest around the Grand Canyon.....watching you walk below me :)

Bigtattoo
03-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh, I'm out in a forest around the Grand Canyon.....watching you walk below me :)
Aahh, good. The plans working then. Keep watching your six.

Shogi
03-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Aahh, good. The plans working then. Keep watching your six.

Yes the plan IS working quite well, just like a Raptor's

Bigtattoo
03-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Yes the plan IS working quite well, just like a Raptor's
So thats how u conduct your recon?
Thanks.:D If you feel like conceding now, Im sure everyone will understand....

Shogi
03-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Yo Nem! How's the game going? Are you laughing at us wandering around blindly yet? :p

Urban Saboteur
03-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Yo Nem! How's the game going? Are you laughing at us wandering around blindly yet? :p

:(..Sorry shogi, fella's. I haven't got round to reading the PM's just yet. As some of you may or may not know I do suffer with a chronic illness. The last 24 hours have been somewhat horrendous for me and I haven't had much time to focus on the game. I will of course send updates and mission returns etc. As soon as I am feeling better.
So no.. I am not laughing at any of you. The majority of you are doing very well.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Shogi
03-13-2006, 01:26 PM
:(..Sorry shogi, fella's. I haven't got round to reading the PM's just yet. As some of you may or may not know I do suffer with a chronic illness. The last 24 hours have been somewhat horrendous for me and I haven't had much time to focus on the game. I will of course send updates and mission returns etc. As soon as I am feeling better.
So no.. I am not laughing at any of you. The majority of you are doing very well.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Sorry to hear that man, Hope you feel better soon :(

Urban Saboteur
03-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay recently. As you know I havent been feeling great. You should get something through soon enough.
NemesisEnforcerFan

G.I.*JOCK
03-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Hullo, Hullo... Am top of the league and yer no! :D

Dave :P

Bigtattoo
03-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Hullo, Hullo... Am top of the league and yer no! :D

Dave :P
theres a first time for everything.:D
Plenty to go yet.
Still, at least its another Sweat.

starrcommand
03-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey guys,
How is everyone doing in BZ? Has anyone run into other leaders? Has anyone died or been injured? Hopefully not. What board is everyone on?

Shogi
03-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey guys,
How is everyone doing in BZ? Has anyone run into other leaders? Has anyone died or been injured? Hopefully not. What board is everyone on?

Sounds like someone's fishing for intel... :p

But I'll tell ya a bit. I've run into some sorry, pathetic Joe team and whupped them good, however they did kill one of my members.....but it's ok, he was cannon fodder anyway :)

Bigtattoo
03-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey guys,
we're on boards? What game am I playing?

jetski333
03-23-2006, 01:30 AM
hey hey hey :)

Urban Saboteur
03-23-2006, 12:21 PM
hey hey hey :)

Oi! Jetski333,
I've sent you numerous PM's regarding your mission?
I have yet to receive a reply.. :confused:
How come you don't respond?
PM me for further details.
Thanks
NemesisEnforcerFan

Angry Beef
03-23-2006, 03:45 PM
My team is sooo awesome, they haven't been spotted by anyone... that I know of...

Shogi
03-23-2006, 08:22 PM
and what you don't know, CAN hurt you

Urban Saboteur
03-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi Guys..
Expect the next round of PM's to come flying in your direction later. Some of you will be aware I have been working on my AWE Striker restoration and so I was caught up in that.
Thats now finished. I can resume the PM's for Battlezone :)
Good Luck to those still involved.
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
03-26-2006, 07:46 PM
:confused:..Whats with the quiet banter?
It sure is quiet around here... ..... :p
NemesisEnforcerFan

Urban Saboteur
03-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi,
Just to barge in on all this conversation.. :p But I thought ya'll should know.. Boa quit the battlezone game. He has too much studying to do.
Soulcatcher has agreed to inherit his team, and as of the first mission boa had not made a move as such. So its a simple straight forward substitution. The Shadow Blades are controlled by Soulcatcher.. now.. if only you knew where his team was (unsure/uncertain).. hehehe.. :eek:
NemesisEnforcerFan

Bigtattoo
03-27-2006, 05:15 PM
:confused:..Whats with the quiet banter?
It sure is quiet around here... ..... :p
NemesisEnforcerFan
I think we're all waiting on the outcome of the missions.
If I win, Ill be boasting for Scotland.:D
If I lose. well, Ill accept any slagging that comes my way...:(
However, its too easy to give away valuable intel during a game. When its finished Im certain things will pick up.

Urban Saboteur
03-28-2006, 04:27 AM
I think we're all waiting on the outcome of the missions.
If I win, Ill be boasting for Scotland.:D
If I lose. well, Ill accept any slagging that comes my way...:(
However, its too easy to give away valuable intel during a game. When its finished Im certain things will pick up.

Yeah I suppose.. it still be fun to see more conversation.. I'm sure you guys could chat about Battlezone without actually giving away any Intel?

I'd like to take this opportunity in welcoming forum member SoulcatcherX as a forum commander. Welcome and thanks for taking the reigns of the shadow Blades!
NemesisEnforcerFan

SoulcatcherX
03-28-2006, 10:35 AM
My pleasure. :D

Shogi
03-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Welcome SoulcatcherX........Prepaaaaare toooo die!

Bigtattoo
03-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Aye,welcome Soulcatcher. Youve taken over the Shadow Lice then.
Me and my combs comin to get ya.:D
Oh,and where are you BTW?
And Shogi- youre on the same side, is that u admitting defeat?
Or have Cobra imploded again?

Shogi
03-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Aye,welcome Soulcatcher. Youve taken over the Shadow Lice then.
Me and my combs comin to get ya.:D
Oh,and where are you BTW?
And Shogi- youre on the same side, is that u admitting defeat?
Or have Cobra imploded again?

Actually I just can't remember who's teams are joe or cobra or what :)

Bigtattoo
03-29-2006, 06:56 PM
I just kicked someones *** big time.
Whoever was in that cafe- you lose sucker.

Shogi
03-29-2006, 07:08 PM
I just kicked someones *** big time.
Whoever was in that cafe- you lose sucker.

So that was your handiwork I saw on the news? man, you did kick some butt

Bigtattoo
03-29-2006, 07:12 PM
And here was me thinking all my boasting would blow up in my face!
It seems the Sweaty Socks (Jocks) are leading the way so far....
BTW- Scott, I thought that was your troops in there. I thought we would find out if they really are zombies.

starrcommand
03-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Jocks, Sweaty Socks and zombies?

What are you guys talking about? Im completely lost? Where is this cafe? Its like im lost in the desert or something.

Urban Saboteur
03-29-2006, 09:17 PM

What are you guys talking about? Im completely lost? Where is this cafe? Its like im lost in the desert or something.

Now 10/10 for Starrcommand with this.. when did you decide to write for Paramount comedy channel.. haha thats great!
N3M

Bigtattoo
03-29-2006, 10:42 PM

Sweaty sock is mockney (mock cockney, ala Guy Ritchie) for a Scottish person- Sweaty Sock=Jock.
Zombies- read over this thread, Shogi wanted all his troops killed in the hope they will all become the Undead.
The Cafe- read the other Battlezone thread. BTW, what part of the desert are u in? Will u give me a ref? Im on a roll here...

Bigtattoo
03-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Guys, Im sorry about some of my last few posts.
Boasting is acceptable, gloating is not.
I hope I never offended anyone and if I did I apologise.:o

Urban Saboteur
03-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Guys, Im sorry about some of my last few posts.
Boasting is acceptable, gloating is not.
I hope I never offended anyone and if I did I apologise.:o

Now that is funny..
Come on.. you won your first battle big lad.. doesnt mean to say you'll win the war.. you have a right to gloat.. after all savour the moment.. it might not last long. ;)

Bigtattoo
03-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Now that is funny..
Come on.. you won your first battle big lad.. doesnt mean to say you'll win the war.. you have a right to gloat.. after all savour the moment.. it might not last long. ;)
Thanks for that, but Id rather not do it at the expense of others feelings.
Anyway, my team are super motivated and have a superb commander. This is the first of many victories for the 'Riders.b

Shogi
03-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks for that, but Id rather not do it at the expense of others feelings.
Anyway, my team are super motivated and have a superb commander. This is the first of many victories for the 'Riders.b

Well I was cool with ya till the end of this post :p

Just messing with ya man, it's all good as far as I'm concerned

Shogi
03-31-2006, 03:31 PM
WHOA! Someone just blew up. With the explosions and cafe drug lords around, this town's property value is going down the toilet :)

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Hi,
I've just updated the Battlezone team league rankings. Please note this isn't anything to do with recruitment. The Battle Points displayed reflect your league ranking only.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/susan.cavanagh/G.I.Joe%20Battlezone/Battlezone%20Rankings%2031st%20march%2006.htm
You will be contacted seperately regarding character development and recruitment.

Angry Beef
03-31-2006, 04:16 PM
I just got blownup and I'm in third! Holla!

G.I.*JOCK
03-31-2006, 04:27 PM
Angry Beef? More like Dead Meat!

Metal Head!

andymort
03-31-2006, 05:50 PM
On the plus column, none of my guys have been blown up or had any bullets pop their heads.

On the negative column, they haven't managed to do much else either...

andymort
03-31-2006, 05:53 PM
But, ooh, yeah, I'm gonna kick all y'all's asses!

I just need you to, like, wave them in front of me or something...

Shogi
03-31-2006, 05:57 PM
On the plus column, none of my guys have been blown up or had any bullets pop their heads.

On the negative column, they haven't managed to do much else either...

LOL That's hilarious! I dunno why but I find it really funny

Urban Saboteur
04-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Whats going on fella's.. wheres the name calling gone.. I enjoyed this thread when you were all saying stuff to each other..:D
I know some of you have completed/failed missions.. and the confirmations will be sent soon. I am really waiting on the others to finish so I can send all the confirmations at once.

starrcommand
04-06-2006, 06:46 PM
hopefully i wont be much longer. I wish i knew why mine was taking so darn long. Maybe its me being careful but im not sure. I just hope no one has finished yet and set traps for me. I would be pretty ****ed if they did and i blew up.

Big Boa
04-12-2006, 03:41 AM
Wow! This Thread's been doing great! Shame i can't call anyone names anymore!:( :( :( Oh well good luck everyone! (not really);)

Shogi
04-12-2006, 03:29 PM
hopefully i wont be much longer. I wish i knew why mine was taking so darn long. Maybe its me being careful but im not sure. I just hope no one has finished yet and set traps for me. I would be pretty ****ed if they did and i blew up.

Yeah blowing up's not that much fun, ask Angry Beef ;) Course having your head popped isn't much fun either, that could still happen to you :p

Bigtattoo
04-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah blowing up's not that much fun, ask Angry Beef ;) Course having your head popped isn't much fun either, that could still happen to you :pand Shogi knows how that feels!:p

Shogi
04-12-2006, 07:11 PM
and Shogi knows how that feels!:p

Just you wait boyo, Payback's a real pain :D

Urban Saboteur
04-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Thats alot better dudes.. the fighting talk is what i like to read.. :D

Incidentally I am still waiting on some of you to reply.. :rolleyes:
N3M

starrcommand
04-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Thats alot better dudes.. the fighting talk is what i like to read.. :D

Incidentally I am still waiting on some of you to reply.. :rolleyes:
N3M

Hey Nem I just sent you a PM. I havent recieved anything new in about 2 weeks.
Dave

Urban Saboteur
04-13-2006, 04:28 AM
Hey Nem I just sent you a PM. I havent recieved anything new in about 2 weeks.
Dave

Hmm.. I could have sworn I sent you an update.. Let me check and get back to you on this. I've received your PM I'll cross check that with your command and mission folder :)
If anyone else thinks they may be waiting on something please do PM me. Maybe the PM's didn't make it to you :confused:
N3M

Shogi
04-16-2006, 11:00 AM
So have the stragglers either completed a mission or blown up? I wanna start causing pain and misery among the masses and drop a nice hydro bomb upon those accursed Night Riders

Urban Saboteur
04-16-2006, 12:31 PM
So have the stragglers either completed a mission or blown up? I wanna start causing pain and misery among the masses and drop a nice hydro bomb upon those accursed Night Riders

Hey Scott
For those that arent in mission 1 completed or failed that haven't received a confirmation email I will need them to PM me to let me know. As above I have a number of AWOL PMs and need confirmation.
Theres still a few of the commanders on mission one. I hope to have this wrapped up and finished soon so we can get on with mission 2 and the introduction of training, recruitment and ..... vehicle purchases. :)
N3M

starrcommand
04-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Hey Nem has everyone finished yet? Im not sure if I have finished or not. Just wondering.
Dave

Urban Saboteur
04-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Hey Nem has everyone finished yet? Im not sure if I have finished or not. Just wondering.
Dave

I am waiting on a few responses from someone else first. I will PM you very soon.;)
N3M

Urban Saboteur
05-05-2006, 08:54 PM
This is difficult to ask. As I intended so much for this game to take off. Sadly I haven't the strength to do as much as I wanted:(
I have to prioritize my life/health etc a great deal more. With this said. I would like to request the game to be suspended, possibly with a review to reopen when my health is better?

If you all can at least reply to this post. Let me know. Jock I know you and Bigtattoo had completed your first missions and I am sorry that we haven't even got past mission one with some of you.

Naturally I will go off what everyone does prefer if you still want to go ahead with the game. I will try my best to organize etc the game but I am asking for respite for a good cause (alot of which you should know).

Thanks for your answers (in either sense).
N3M

Bigtattoo
05-06-2006, 12:07 PM
This is difficult to ask. As I intended so much for this game to take off. Sadly I haven't the strength to do as much as I wanted:(
I have to prioritize my life/health etc a great deal more. With this said. I would like to request the game to be suspended, possibly with a review to reopen when my health is better?

If you all can at least reply to this post. Let me know. Jock I know you and Bigtattoo had completed your first missions and I am sorry that we haven't even got past mission one with some of you.

Naturally I will go off what everyone does prefer if you still want to go ahead with the game. I will try my best to organize etc the game but I am asking for respite for a good cause (alot of which you should know).

Thanks for your answers (in either sense).
N3M
nem- your health comes first man.
I certainly enjoyed this game and I think others did, but Im sure we can live without it for a wee while.
Plus- itll give Shogi a chance to train up in the (distant) hopes he can get his revenge:D

Shogi
05-06-2006, 02:58 PM
NEM, just what Bigtattoo said, Your health is first and foremost. I love the game and would like it to continue, but not at your health's expense. We can wait however long we need to.

And Bigtattoo, One should not confuse beginer's luck with talent :p

Bigtattoo
05-06-2006, 04:07 PM
NEM, just what Bigtattoo said, Your health is first and foremost. I love the game and would like it to continue, but not at your health's expense. We can wait however long we need to.

And Bigtattoo, One should not confuse beginer's luck with talent :p
i dont- I got talent;)

Shogi
05-06-2006, 11:51 PM
i dont- I got talent;)

Yeah that's why you needed a huge platoon to take down 3 of my guys :rolleyes:

Big Boa
05-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Anyway hows everyone doing? Who's been killed?(If anyone) Just a note love the rivalry that BigTattoo and Shogi are on keep it all up!

Shogi
05-07-2006, 04:16 AM
Anyway hows everyone doing? Who's been killed?(If anyone) Just a note love the rivalry that BigTattoo and Shogi are on keep it all up!

Yeah I have no idea how that happened but it seems to be a beautiful hate/hate relationship :p

Urban Saboteur
05-07-2006, 06:57 AM
Yeah I have no idea how that happened but it seems to be a beautiful hate/hate relationship :p

I can't imagine for the life of me what bigtattoo could have done to stir up some rivalry.. ooooooh.. lets see critically injured 4 of his men could be somewhere about the start of it.

On a serious note thanks for the replies. It might be back on again in a few weeks time. With my medication being a temporary solution. Everything else is on hold too!
N3M

starrcommand
05-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Sorry for the late reply. Nem Health first. We dont care about the game that much to see its creator fall off a branch and hit his head on another spore sack. Lord only knows what you'll turn into then!

Shogi
05-07-2006, 12:16 PM
I can't imagine for the life of me what bigtattoo could have done to stir up some rivalry.. ooooooh.. lets see critically injured 4 of his men could be somewhere about the start of it.

Not even close to the start, look back in the thread, we started the hating long before we even got our missions :D

Bigtattoo
05-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Not even close to the start, look back in the thread, we started the hating long before we even got our missions :D
Yup- the two biggest mouths here. There just had to be a rivalry.
Well, its not really a rivalry as I keep kicking ***.....:D

Shogi
05-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Yup- the two biggest mouths here. There just had to be a rivalry.
Well, its not really a rivalry as I keep kicking ***.....:D

Keep kicking???? You've done it once! That would only qualify as "I've kicked butt" and you just wait, my day of reckoning is at hand!

willie&joe
05-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey Nem. Putting the game on hold is a good idea. The game is awesome but you're awesomer :D.

jetski333
05-25-2006, 06:27 AM
[quote=NemesisEnforcerFan]This is difficult to ask. As I intended so much for this game to take off. Sadly I haven't the strength to do as much as I wanted:(
I have to prioritize my life/health etc a great deal more. With this said. I would like to request the game to be suspended, possibly with a review to reopen when my health is better? ...

Hey Nem,
I'm back, hope you're feeling better, take care man.

starrcommand
06-22-2006, 09:09 AM
I wanted to bump this back to the top. We already lost one of the topics and I dont want to lose this one also.