Sigma 6 Long Range - bit of a disappointment [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma 6 Long Range - bit of a disappointment

GI Trekker
02-28-2006, 01:34 AM
I finally snagged Long Range and Storm Shadow today, basically bringing me up to date on Sigma Six.

Well, now that I've OPENED them, Long Range is a bit of a disappointment, although interestingly I got the one with the skull on the keychain, which I understand has since been removed. Looking at this thing, I can only assume that Marvel Comics' Punisher asked for his logo back.

My complaints are minor and admittedly on the nit-picky side, but darn it, if I'm going to spend $15.00 for one of these, I expect better than this.
One ear appears larger than the other. The left ear looks like it's had its lobe removed. I can't tell if this is a molding problem, if it was scraped off somehow (there are several scrapes on the face where apparently someone tried to remove some paint splats -- another complaint), or if it's SUPPOSED to look like this for some reason. (Anybody care to check THEIR Long Range's ears for me for comparison?)

Secondly, this figure has more hand-painted details than any other Sigma Six figure I've yet purchased, and I hope it's not a trend. I know I harp on this, but there is simply NO WAY to paint details by hand, over and over again, thousands of times, within the production deadlines, and do a decent job. He's not TOO bad, but you'd think the production numbers on these guys, UNLIKE the 3-3/4" figures, unfortunately, would be high enough to warrant making the stencils. The gloves, the glove pads, the knee pads...

And silliest of all -- ONE of the boot straps. The other one is properly spray-painted. Okay, again, it's not too bad. I've certainly encountered a lot worse. But to a trained eye, it's pretty evident. And come off it, already -- they could make ONE boot stencil and not the OTHER!? Gimme a break.

This is why I don't order toys online unless there's no other way to get them. And I wish these were packaged in such a way as to allow for a more thorough visual inspection.

statesofeuphoria
02-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Mine doesn't have the problems you mention. My only complaint is his rifle. While it is cool, it is WAY too big. I may use a Halo sniper rifle for him instead. I would rather he had a breifcase that you could open up and assemble a rifile instead of one that was designed around an action feature and too big.

Patrick A. Riley
02-28-2006, 09:06 AM
I just want the shotgun w/ the skull on the keychain

MikePrime
02-28-2006, 12:09 PM
There's usually this sort of problem with more collector oriented figures, like NECA's or McFarlane's, since those have lots of hand-painting on them. I guess buying action figures has become like buying produce, you have to look and choose the ones that are good.