View Full Version : Why you should clean out your desk .....

dockingbay97
03-01-2006, 08:46 AM
This isn't about bragging at all when I say I am drowning in toys - at home and at work. I have no self control and really need professional help. It really is mental illness I have going on - the inability to say no to toys.

The first step to a healthier life for me is to get rid of all the toys that I buy that I really don't need or want - I just bought them because I thought they looked cool at the moment.

So I wading through the mountains of plastic getting rid of stuff. Now you know where all those eBay auction I list come from.

I was just digging around under my cube here at work. I pulled out a electronic Star Wars Battleship type game I bought at a thrift store a couple of years ago. Do you already see a pattern here? I bought something a couple of years ago to abandon in my cube?

So I am pulling stuff out of the box and I find some cool things I didn't even know were in there.

1. A loose POTF2 Luke Stormtrooper - nice addition to the Stormtrooper army

2. Two bags of POTF2 weapons - always nice

3. And lastly - a small baggy with vintage Kenner Indiana Jones whip and pistol - very nice!

Goes to show - clean out your desk and who knows what you will find. I would never guess I would find vintage Indiana Jones toys in my cube.

orionlukteel
03-01-2006, 09:50 AM
If I send you Paris Hilton, would you bury her in your workspace somewhere?Please? :D

Seriously tho - nice find! My Indy doesn't have a thumb on his pistol hand, so a gun would be worthless to me, but those accessories are big money!

It's always cool to dig something up - I found an unbroken Maggot radar dish I didn't even know I had last year while sorting through my parts. Now that I have a Maggot, I can't find the doggone thing.:rolleyes:

dockingbay97
03-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Good grief - I just found the cookbook accessory for the Kang Kodos Treehouse of Horror set - a set I don't even own anymore.

Angry Beef
03-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey if you find my custom Recoil figure that I did back in November that I haven't seen since I took pictures of him for Joecustoms... let me know 'kay.

Kir Kanos
03-02-2006, 09:08 PM
I am too much of a neatnic. The mere thought of having toys I don't know about makes me nervous.

Xerofall
03-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I've got a Shipwreck V1 pistol *somewhere* in my apartment, I'm sure I could get a few bucks for it on Ebay.

I recently found the lens for the Hydrofoil searchlight and sold it for $20 bucks, so I need to clean out my closet again.