Sigma Six Season 2: The Return of Extreme?? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma Six Season 2: The Return of Extreme??

KolobosRexx
03-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Apparently season 2 of S6 will involve new characters, i.e. Lt. Stone (filling in Duke's role), Mayday (filling in for Scarlett), & Freight (filling in for Heavy Duty)!! This was reported by Eagle Eye Steve at Cobra Island, & we know we've already seen a Lt. Stone figure at Toyfair... What does everyone think?:confused:

GI Steevy
03-05-2006, 09:59 PM
The only Lt. Stone figure we saw was the 2.5" pilot of the Dragonhawk. The 8" figure most assumed was Stone was in fact, Hi-Tech

BUt if you look at the info on Yojoe, Stone, Mayday, and Freight feature unnervingly similar characteristics to Duke, Scarlett, and Heavy Duty

GI Trekker
03-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Hasbro'd be out of their minds to do something like this. Yes, we've heard about a Lt. Stone figure, which surprised me, but I can't imagine Hasbro would be insane enough to overhaul the major characters of the concept into a pack of losers that not much of ANYBODY has any fond memories of. This wouldn't be the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot, it'd be the equivalent of opening up with a machine gun set on full auto.

yojoebro82
03-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Heh....GI Joe Extreme.....I remember that.
Actually, Sigma 6 is so far removed from what I like about Joe that they could literally do ANYTHING to it and it wouldn't really matter.
All I have to say is, before we "boo" Hasbro (or whoever is responsible for the cartoon), remeber, they need to market to the kids which means bringing in new things all the time. We may all hate Lt. Stone and whoever else they've got coming up but to the kids he's all new. Hasbro just wants them to ask their parents to buy the new stuff.

GI Steevy
03-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Hasbro'd be out of their minds to do something like this. Yes, we've heard about a Lt. Stone figure, which surprised me, but I can't imagine Hasbro would be insane enough to overhaul the major characters of the concept into a pack of losers that not much of ANYBODY has any fond memories of. This wouldn't be the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot, it'd be the equivalent of opening up with a machine gun set on full auto.
Sigma Six already really hasn't endeared itself to the collecting community. At this point, the extent of the people who remember Extreme are those that've followed the line for years.

Any kid whose been brought in by Sigma Six (or even the past 5 years of 3.75") will have NO idea who these characters are, and all fall into the same archetypes as the characters they are replacing. They really aren't changing anything aside from names and maybe a few characteristics.

And so everyone is clear, they won't be replacing the old characters, they will be supplimenting. Like how Duke was the leader in the first couple miniseries, then Flint was leader, then Hawk, but even though Hawk was the leader, he didn't replace either older character. The focus simply shifted to the new versions

stad
03-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Always glad to see Duke pushed out of the forefront!!:D

And yeah, like it's been said above, I couldn't care less what they do with Sigma Six, it doesn't bother me in the least. And if the kids like it, then great for Hasbro and Joe overall.

Just a quick question though, wasn't EagleEyeSteve (or whoever his name is) wrong about pretty much everything he said, and basically discredited as far as having any "real" inside knowledge? I don't remember, and don't really care, so I don't want a big fight over this, I'm just asking.

GI Steevy
03-06-2006, 01:42 AM
Always glad to see Duke pushed out of the forefront!!:D

And yeah, like it's been said above, I couldn't care less what they do with Sigma Six, it doesn't bother me in the least. And if the kids like it, then great for Hasbro and Joe overall.

Just a quick question though, wasn't EagleEyeSteve (or whoever his name is) wrong about pretty much everything he said, and basically discredited as far as having any "real" inside knowledge? I don't remember, and don't really care, so I don't want a big fight over this, I'm just asking.
You might be thinking of EagleEyeJOE, who's been in the community for quite a while.

This EagleEyeSteve is a new fellow, and not the same person

Angry Beef
03-06-2006, 02:10 AM
And EagleEyeJoe I don't think was discredited on anything.

kp_edge
03-06-2006, 11:22 AM
I think in season 2 Cobra Commander will try to collect all of the power animals so he can summon their secret attacks and achieve the ultimate power. Then CC and Duke will fight in a tournament to see who can use the power animals to fight best.

:p

Bravo
03-06-2006, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in anything either person said. EES, for one, was totally in the dark about Sigma Six 2.5".

Blight
03-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Well I'm a fan of the Sigma 6 Anime so if more characters are being brought aboard I say alright. Whatever version of G.I. Joe their from I'm pleased to see as many individuals from the Joe mythos in Anime form as possible. Plus I agree with the idea as well of a little changing of the guard. Hasbro used to practice these with the old Sunbow cartoon back in the day when they'd introduce a new cast of main characters to correspond with all the new figures that would be coming out.