Ladies of Sigma Six [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Ladies of Sigma Six

slave2leia
03-12-2006, 04:22 PM
So what's the deal with the ladies of Sigma Six? I really thought there would be Scarlett and or a Baroness Sigma Six figure at Toy Fair 2006. Does any one have any idea if there are any plans to make them? I know I'm not the only one who wants a Sigma Six Scarlett and Baroness.

Dan
03-12-2006, 04:50 PM
according to hasbro little boys won't buy toys of girls.

can't wait for the hasbro marvel legend run.

Scrapiron-Scavanger
03-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Dan has it right.

Too bad Hasbro does not have the insight like they did in '82+ when they came out with Cover Girl, Scarlette, Baroness, LJ. :rolleyes:

thunderviper
03-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Yup, according to Hasblow boys don't like female figures, and they are too expensive to develop molds for.

That's right, they can afford an entire new line, but can't make a head and torso for a couple of female characters.

slave2leia
03-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Hasbro is full of it, in 82 all the females sold big time. Most the boys I knew growing up had the female figures, I was the only one who alway played with the females. Hasbro should have learned from fan choice, which was clearly all about Cover Girl. I was only excited about Sigma Six because of the hope of a larger scale Scarlett, she was regretably left out of the 12in line. Heres hoping Hasbro will come around.

MikePrime
03-12-2006, 10:16 PM
3 3/4" females, yes, but not 8" ones. The Sigma 6 line is almost like a boy's version of the Bratz dolls for girls. Both lines are modernized versions of action figures and fashion dolls. Female figures work fine in a small scale, and they appear often in collector lines, like Marvel Legends. However, Sigma 6 is different.

Between the larger scale, and the cloth clothing, any female figure in the line risks looking like a doll. That could be what Hasbro is concerned with. I think we should wait and see, though. Perhaps a future wave of figures may include both the Baroness and Scarlett?

Patrick A. Riley
03-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Only 16 unique female bodies have been made:

ARAH:
Baroness/Chameleon
Chun-Li/ninja Scarlett
Cover Girl
Jinx/Vypra
Lady Jaye/Volga/Daina
Scarlett
Zarana

JvC:
(Agent) Scarlett
Baroness
Lady Jaye
Zarana

VvV:
(Agent) Jinx
Baroness
Bombstrike/Jane
Scarlett

DD #16 comic pack
Agent Courtney Krieger (Cover Girl)

Reptilian Popinjay
03-13-2006, 10:13 PM
I think there will eventually be a Scarlett and a Baroness but Sigma Six will need to be more established first, and the action figures will have the same body with a different head.

GI Trekker
03-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Usual nonsense about "boys won't buy girl figures" and they REALLY see Sigma 6 as a kids' line, so despite the considerable presence of Scarlett in the animated series, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

It MIGHT happen, but not for a while. S6 is going to have to be a lot better established for it to happen, and with the current practice in the toy would of overhauling a toy line every year or two (Transformers with Armada-Energon-Cybertron, Power Rangers, and even G.I.Joe with Spytroops-VvV-Sigma 6), I have my doubts that it'll ever get the chance.:( :mad:

Somebody on another Joe board made an interesting point, though. A lot of characters might end up in the 2.5" line, since that'd be a lot less expensive to produce. The topic at hand was the Dreadnoks, but it could apply to the females as well.

Watch this happen. Hasbro'll start throwing more characters into the 2.5" line, and keep the 8" as just repeated remakes of the basic cast, and then say, "Oh, we did Torch, or Scarlett, or whomever. They're in the 2.5" line!" Now, I, for one, could care less about the barely-articulated 2.5", so that could really stink.

goodguyswearblack9
03-14-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm starting to think that we will see the female Joes in the 2 inch line, and even the Dreadnoks once the line has picked up on popularity.

Bravo
03-14-2006, 11:07 AM
For all the reasons mentioned, I doubt there's really a chance we'll see them. Hasbro made Sigma Six because adult and kid interest in 12" line wasn't enough to sustain it, so they really only have boys in mind when it come to Sigma Six. The females essentially are on the show for the reasons they did in 80's boys cartoons, to tells stories, add diversity.

Heck, look at the unveiled 2.5" line. No chicks there, and they could be added into any of the sets. Oh, they might show up in future 2.5" sets...but Hasbro's in no hurry there.

I'd probably bet real money that the large sigma six line will end before all the characters in the cartoon are made, especially the ladies. (The line ending not due to failure, but Hasbro switching formats again.)

nghtwng77
08-26-2006, 04:50 PM
I was in the Hasbro Panel at the 2005 San Diego Comic Con, right before the first series of Sigma 6 figures were released. During the panel the Hasbro reps were bombarded with questions about the possibility of Sigma 6 female figures. They replied that they were going to get the line going with core characters and then add more as the line went on...(Lt. Stone, Shipwreck, and etc.) However the masses would not let hope die. After all they had posters with the Joe characters on the S6 poster. I believe The poster had Duke, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow were twice as big as as others Heavy Duty, Tunnel Rat and Spirit. But What stood out as odd was Scarlett was on the poster in the same size as Duke. So in my mind, I took it as she's popular enough to promote the line but not be in it?? Well there were at least 6 questions about female characters. And each seemed to make the panelists upset. They insisted that all the video games were male centric so S6 would be because that's what the kids see and want. (My wife thought their explanation was weak too). Like I said though the fans insisting female characters were part of the core seemed to irk the panelist and fans emphasising what they wanted went against the panelists views. Therefore the panelists tried to change the subject. They tried to lead it in the direction of how great the larger figures would be. I think if it wasn't for the fact the the panel included Star Wars and Transformers alot of people would have left. All in all I have a few figs from S6 and I think they're cool. Not enough to relace 3 3/4. But adding the female figs would def be a step in the right dir for the line.