Back Issue #16 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Back Issue #16

Kintoun
03-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Does anyone here own a copy of Back Issue available from Twomorrows Publishing? I'm very tempted to get issue 16 which will mainly be about G.I. Joe but I'd first like to hear a positive word about the quality of the magazine in general. For instance, is all the interior content printed in black and white or is there some color throughout the average issue? How many pages does the lead story usually occupy? Here's a transcript of the solicitation for Back Issue #16:
-----------------------------
100 pages - May 2006

BACK ISSUE #16 celebrates toy-inspired comics of the 1970s and 1980s, headlined by an in-depth look at Marvel’s G. I. Joe, featuring interviews with and/or art by LARRY HAMA, DENNY O’NEIL, and HERB TRIMPE! ARTHUR ADAMS bends our ear about drawing Gumby, SAL BUSCEMA and BUTCH GUICE trade tales about Rom and Micronauts in a “Pro2Pro” interview, the pencil art of MIKE ZECK gets the “Rough Stuff” spotlight, and “Greatest Stories Never Told” examines the ill-fated Wonder Woman and the Star Riders toy/animation/comics concept! Plus: DC’s Masters of the Universe with GEORGE TUSKA, Marvel’s Transformers, a 40th anniversary salute to Captain Action, JACK KIRBY’s Super Powers comics, a look at Super-Hero Cars, and an “Off My Chest” guest editorial from cartoonist MILTON KNIGHT! Featuring rare and classic art by these artists, plus MICHAEL GOLDEN and others! With a Snake-Eyes “sketch cover” by MIKE ZECK! Edited by MICHAEL EURY.
-------------------------
Kintoun