View Full Version : Baseball Card Question - 90 Topps

the joe bandit
03-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Let me explain. I bought my first home two months ago. When I visited my parents last weekend, they decided to send some of my stuff home with me. I got a Tomahawk in need of repairs, my autographed Twins Weaties box, Dream Team I McDonalds Cups, and all of my baseball cards. So I went and got a price guide and went through every single care this weekend. And now I am rambling so I will ask my question:

What does the Frank Thomas NNOF mean? Thanks in advance!

TYPE*S*TOYS
03-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Let me explain. I bought my first home two months ago. When I visited my parents last weekend, they decided to send some of my stuff home with me. I got a Tomahawk in need of repairs, my autographed Twins Weaties box, Dream Team I McDonalds Cups, and all of my baseball cards. So I went and got a price guide and went through every single care this weekend. And now I am rambling so I will ask my question:

What does the Frank Thomas NNOF mean? Thanks in advance!

NNOF= No Name on Front. A very small amount of these were printed without his name being on the front. My opinion is it was an intentional error as error cards were all the rage in the late 80's and early 90's

Short-Fuse
03-25-2006, 05:04 PM
No Name On Front or perhaps No Number On Front. Probably describing an "error" card that were in abundance with several cards from different companies during that time. They were called errors, but in my opinion I think most of these were marketing gimmicks.

Short-Fuse
03-25-2006, 05:05 PM
I type too slow. :)

the joe bandit
03-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Yes they were all the rage back then weren't they....I was just shocked to see that for $500 in the price guide. I was even more shocked to find out the price guide cost me more than the "value" of any of the cards I had!

ttfndude
03-26-2006, 09:18 PM
the price guide price is the onyl reason I haven't looked any of my cards up that and it would take a while to go through thousands of them. That's why I am just going to sale them. At least you found one gem in your bunch or did you have that card???

ttfndude