Accessorizing for Joes [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Accessorizing for Joes

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 05:27 AM
Hi,
I am unsure if this has been discussed previously. I remember back in 2001 someone asking on the mailing list for this list but cannot remember if one was submitted.
The guns, accessories that came with the GIJOES they are I am assuming related to real life guns (most of them) discounting the Eco-Warriors I would think.
Does anyone have a definitive list of these? This list would be best done showing either the real name of the gun and then the name of the characters that the gun came with or vice versa.
Anyone help me on this?

TheCheznit8
03-31-2006, 11:21 AM
well I got this link from another forum on a similar topic.
Link:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20modern/article/20040217a&page=1

Its got a large list of guns, a lot of them I recognized being used by GIJoes, but no list of names.

If your up for it, you could add the names of the Joes to the guns, after all, it is your topic right? :D

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi,
You mean do a list and add to it as I go along? I could do.. probably going to need some help though I'm bound to get loads wrong.. what we really need is someone that is a little experienced in guns really.
N3M

Scrapiron-Scavanger
03-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Mark's book is good about telling the real world name of weapons. (ie the CG rifle is an AK-48 w/bayonet)

Angry Beef
03-31-2006, 01:10 PM
holy craps that's a great website.

Falcone
03-31-2006, 01:12 PM
thats alot of guns.....Ive never even heard of:eek:

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Mark's book is good about telling the real world name of weapons. (ie the CG rifle is an AK-48 w/bayonet)

Very True Scrap Iron. But I can't limit myself to really just that one gun. If possible I'd like to know what they all are.
Thing is.. what did it say on the side of GIJOE packets? I'm certain some had a description.. or were they similar to mark's?
Either way if anyone can help with identifying it would be cool to get a list going. I know the GIJOE items are small plastic toys.. but for people doing dio's and for me its borderline curiosity I suppose.

Angry Beef
03-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Early days of the line it did used to say exactly what gun it was.. later on they kind of abandoned that.

Urban Saboteur
03-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Early days of the line it did used to say exactly what gun it was.. later on they kind of abandoned that.

So I sort of knew that.. I do remember them going into those little details. Did It say on Snow Serpents that he came with an AK47 Assault Rifle?
I'm sure I read that somewhere.

The other thing.. should I start a list.. on the forum .. and update it.. or should I post a link to my NTL website showing the list.. and then people can post on the forum updates to the guns they think might come with which figures?
I do need a little help.. and .. if you think about it.. be beneficial when you do a story.. or dio.. rather than say.. the snow serpent layed down some fire with a grey gun or grey rifle. You could use the propper names. I think this would be :cool:.. or maybe I am just too obsessed with getting it right?

Short-Fuse
03-31-2006, 10:05 PM
Some of the weapons had names, but were made up names with no real life counterpart although they could look similar to real life weapons. e.g. Ripcord's SLR-W1L1 not real ( looks like a FN-FAL to me) while others had a totally made up name and design.

Bigtattoo
03-31-2006, 10:37 PM
http://wiki.joecustoms.com/wiki/Real_World_Guns
Is this the sort of thing youre looking for?

titandogg
01-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Bumping for my future reference. This was a pretty handy thread, I gotta say.

neapolitan joe
11-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Nice work: http://wiki.joecustoms.com/wiki/Real_World_Guns .