1997 Convention Lady Jaye 12" figure [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 1997 Convention Lady Jaye 12" figure

dockingbay97
04-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Does anyone have a decent guess on how many of the 1997 Convention Lady Jaye 12" figures were made? Are the numbers here more or less correct?

http://www.yojoe.com/12inch/97/ladyjaye.shtml

How many people here have one of these figures?

dockingbay97
04-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I also have one more question about this piece. If anyone here owns it, what is her body like? Is is like the 12" GI Jane figures or did they use a SW female body that has less articulation?

airedevon
04-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Nick, I'm not sure how many of these were made - I've always heard that it was around 50 to 100... but, I can't really answer that question.

I do, however, have one of these figures and I can tell you that it is not well articulated. The legs do bend at the knees - but the arms do not bend at the elbows.. They used the exact same body mold as the one used for Natalie from the Action Man line (Natalie is a cool figure in here own right, by the way!)

Hope that helps!
Aire

dockingbay97
04-06-2006, 06:02 PM
So would you say she articulated in more of Barbie way?

I have thought of getting one of these but was never 100% sold since I have never seen one in person.

ChemViper
04-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Lady Jaye is a repaint of the Natalie figure from Action Man. I have that figure. She is a blonde. Articulayed at the shoulders, waist, hips, knees. Natalie has a "trick" leg that can be locked with the knee up and when a button on the leg is pushed, she kicks. It is a cool figure. I have often thought about coloring the hair to make my own Lady Jaye, but now she is Bombstrike for me.

Hope that helps.