everyone hates sigma [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : everyone hates sigma

skinny
04-14-2006, 08:37 PM
So we all hate sigma six? then lets do something about it who out there would like to change it up? do a little creative editing and voila, excellent cartoon again. Change the dialogue, story and edit out all the scott and super robot indestructible dog stuff, and you may be able to salvage the toon. I know we all got talent cause when Hasbro debuted sigma last year with no sound (maybe on purpose) we all did a much better job. or at least a funnier job.

Im just thinking aloud here

kp_edge
04-14-2006, 11:15 PM
But I like the run-on sentences and circular dialogue of the cartoon.

(Ok, I'll quit hating- I know the original had great stuff like Flint slicing a HISS in half with the wing of the Skystriker he was piloting.)

Zartan305
04-15-2006, 12:46 AM
I know this'll be unpopular, but everyone here will get to me right off the bat...I hate anime!!! I hate everything about it. I wanna see a new GI Joe cartoon with good old fashioned 80's animation. That's just me

Chainsaw Viper
04-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Anime has it's place, but it doesn't mesh well with the whole "real America Hero" thing that Joe has going for it.

Besides, there are plenty of decent American styles they could use. Extreme was actually good looking, or use the Batman: the Animated series style, Gargoyles and Ninja Turtles also look really nice and aren't anime like.

kp_edge
04-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Ditto to the last 2 posts. I don't really like anime...but I appreciate it having good moments (Akira), but GIJoe doesn't need to feel like "Super Ninja Team".

tkawa6
04-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Or it can be done like how the 80's cartoon and Batman TAS was done. Write, design, storyboard, and direct in the U.S., then have a studio in Japan or Korea do the animation.

Sigh. I've given up on waiting for a decent GI Joe cartoon after the third eps. of the first mini series. Sorry. I'm a comic book and file card purist here.

Zartan305
04-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Or it can be done like how the 80's cartoon and Batman TAS was done. Write, design, storyboard, and direct in the U.S., then have a studio in Japan or Korea do the animation.

Sigh. I've given up on waiting for a decent GI Joe cartoon after the third eps. of the first mini series. Sorry. I'm a comic book and file card purist here.I prefer to see it done how the 80's cartoon was done. The animation WB uses for shows like BTAS is a form of anime to me

tkawa6
04-15-2006, 08:58 PM
I prefer to see it done how the 80's cartoon was done. The animation WB uses for shows like BTAS is a form of anime to me

Both shows were done in the same method.

CGC
04-16-2006, 01:01 AM
I don't hate S6. As far as the toys, the articulation is great, the accs are cool - & many of them actually work.

On the other hand, since this is in the cartoon boards, & that is what everybody here is talking about, I agree that the anime styling is not what I like to see. Chainsaw Viper was right, at least in my mind, there seems to be some contradiction between ARAH & anime. Even though there has not been any mention of ARAH in the S6 cartoon (I don't know about the comics, I haven't read any yet), it seems a little out of place. I guess what matters, though, is that this is a way to connect with today's kids. Anime is what they like, & if it helps to draw more collectors, I don't think it can be all bad.

Cobra Commander #1
04-16-2006, 10:02 PM
I also like sigma6 toys but i prefer the 3 3/4 figures but the show sucks

Dreadnok4life
04-23-2006, 04:10 AM
My complaint with the S6 cartoon isn't with the animation, it's with the stupid dialogue and stories. I hate what they did to Tunnel Rat. And of course Scott and the Robot Dog is insulting to everyone's intelligence, even a 7 year old. And the voice acting sucks.

I'm not a fan of anime, but I could live with it if they made a good cartoon otherwise. But they didn't.

johnlogic
04-23-2006, 07:36 AM
the cartoon is dumbed down to the point that it makes you wonder if they think american kids all have mental problems. are they trying to hit up younger kids? They say that kids would rather play video games than play with toys now a days, is it any wonder with the heros they have?

skinny
04-23-2006, 12:26 PM
the point of my original post is this: anyone out there with the talent should try to do some creative editing and dialogue
with todays computers anything is possible
i wasnt debating about the quality of the show, if you dont like something do something about it thats all i was trying to say
thanks