Who are theses figs? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Who are theses figs?

TOPSON
04-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Well, I lost this auction. I could not find the pink armour figure(stormshadow?) or the Snake eyes? with breasts in the archives. The pink has a date of 1994 and the female snake eyes is 1987. I really wanted them only because I did not know what they were.
Chris
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6050381561&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1

The Faceless Master
04-16-2006, 08:02 PM
hello Chris

Pink warrior is Mortal Kombat Shang Tsung
http://www.yojoe.com/archive/actfig/mk/shangtsung.shtml

the Snake Eyes with breasts seems to be a frankensteined figure
of SE v3 & Mortal Kombat Sonya Blade
http://www.yojoe.com/archive/actfig/mk/2sonya2.jpg
not sure where the legs came from tho
but am sure Patrick Riley would know...

The Faceless Master
04-16-2006, 08:03 PM
more info on Movie Edition Shang Tsung

the body mould was supposed to be part of the 1995
Ninja Commandos line named Budo, but since the Joe line was
cancelled before they were released, this is the closest figure
we will have to that cancelled series...

TOPSON
04-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I am so happy that I lost that auction.
Thanks.
Chris

The Faceless Master
04-16-2006, 08:16 PM
I am so happy that I lost that auction.
Thanks.
Chris
LOL!! Yep, i paid like $10- for my MK ME Shang Tsung
and there is nothing else rare or sought after in there...
$40-?? :eek:

hmm, lemme sift thru my junkpile cuz I might just be sitting
on $40 as well!! :p

Darko
04-16-2006, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't be too happy....that Shang Tsung can go for what the entire auction went for in USD on its own.

Patrick A. Riley
04-16-2006, 08:17 PM
The legs seem to be from movie Sonya too ;)

The Faceless Master
04-16-2006, 08:19 PM
The legs seem to be from movie Sonya too ;)
Now why oh why would I post a link to the image & miss that??? :rolleyes: :mad:

Patrick, did those legs come from any Joe figures?
or was that an original mould like Dhalsim?

muswp1
04-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Ok, the guy with the brown shirt is Salvo v1, the black guy in the white uniform is Iceberg v3 (although that's not his accessories with him), the rest I have no clue. I don't think any of the figures in the first pic except for Salvo are even GI Joe figures.

Patrick A. Riley
04-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Ok, the guy with the brown shirt is Salvo v1, the black guy in the white uniform is Iceberg v3 (although that's not his accessories with him), the rest I have no clue. I don't think any of the figures in the first pic except for Salvo are even GI Joe figures.
4 are entirely real Joes

top pic: Salvo v1, Shark from the Lanard Corps! line, a "frankensteined" Snake Eyes, Sci-Fi v2

bottom pic: Iceberg v3, Mortal Kombat movie edition Shang Tsung, Dusty v4, "frankesteined" Bazooka v3 (w/ Beach-Head v2/v3 legs)

The Faceless Master
04-16-2006, 08:34 PM
bottom pic:...Bazooka v3
WITH Muskrat v1 Legs... :cool:

Patrick A. Riley
04-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Patrick, did those legs come from any Joe figures?
or was that an original mould like Dhalsim?
I'm not sure. Probably the Jinx/original Sonya thighs (in order to fit the waistpiece), but I can't tell the lower legs. I'll look

EDIT: If they're anything used before, they're the lower legs from Battle Corps Flint

Patrick A. Riley
04-16-2006, 08:41 PM
WITH Muskrat v1 Legs... :cool:
Whoops! Didn't see that, except they're Beach-Head v2 or v3 legs :p (Shockwave v1 repaints)

Tattoo Shane
04-16-2006, 10:19 PM
This is just speculation seeing as how it would be really hard to tell without having the figure in hand but the "Snake Eyes with breasts" could be from a possible line of european bootlegs i've been trying to track down info on.

It's definately made up of mixed parts but those parts are clearly molded in those colours and have not been repainted. The paint ops are way different from the standard figure, the cod piece *looks* like it could be made from an inferior type plastic and the rivets are definately off. All of these are characteristics i've found on a Big Boa bootleg that originally came out of Europe.

I'll upload a pic of the Big Boa i have tomorrow for everyone to see. I'll definately be saving the pics from this auction tho.

Tattoo Shane
04-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Here's a pic of the Big Boa bootleg i referenced:
http://www.tattoosandtoys.com/images_yours/Misc143.jpg

The Wet-Suit head is clearly bootlegged and made of inferior plastic. It's also shot in that colour and not painted.

The torso looks like it *could* be production but it's tough to say. The plastic quality is VERY close to standard production.

The cod piece is an obvious bootleg and made from the same inferior plastic as the head.

I'm not sure who's arms these are yet but they're of the same quality as the torso but are unpainted.

The legs are Laser Vipers and are of production quality and but they are unpainted.

As you can see there are a number of similarities between this piece and the breastified Snake Eyes in the auction. Has anyone out there encountered similar bootlegs out of Europe?