Does anyone like the Sigma 6 cartoon? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Does anyone like the Sigma 6 cartoon?

cobrasoldier
04-23-2006, 01:03 AM
First--I apologize if this has already been brought up but I am a newbie (3 or 4 days now). POP!

When I found out there was this new GI JOE cartoon coming out I was totally excited and when I saw that someone japanime'd GI JOE I wanted to vomit. I just don't get the whole concept. OK, how can you sc rew up cobra commander? They managed to. His figure has a gray head dress and this pitiful looking mask that fits over it. And how many holes do you actually need in a sigma suit? Maybe I am missing something but I don't think I am going to load my figure up with weapons in every hole on that suit.

There are a few of the toys that have some things I like but the cartoon kills me. Although, :o I watch it every week cuz it's just new GI JOE. But it's painful! I have gotten used to it but overall----what's up with tunnel rat? And roadblock looks like mike tyson's distant cousin. Then Ravage from G1 Transformers made a cameo as that kids dog. Even the BAS are weird-suction cups on their feet? Ha!! It's so weird. I know, I know------"Well stop watching it." I can't. It's an illness. If it's GI JOE I'll watch it. :confused: Maybe I am just getting old :eek: :eek:

cobrasoldier
04-23-2006, 01:04 AM
Ummmmmmm......meant to say "BATS" above not "BAS". oops

Dreadnok4life
04-23-2006, 03:00 AM
It's horrible. I stopped watching it.

johnlogic
04-23-2006, 05:57 AM
it's the worst catoon ever made. kids are going to relate that too g.i. joe, sad....... sad indeed.

cobrasoldier
04-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Yes, I am glad that I am not the only one who hates the cartoon!

:cool:

Chainsaw Viper
04-23-2006, 03:34 PM
If it was called anything other than G.I. Joe, it might work, but it doesn't work as Joe.

tkawa6
04-23-2006, 06:25 PM
it's the worst catoon ever made. kids are going to relate that too g.i. joe, sad....... sad indeed.

lol. It's the 80's all over again where began people hiding their issues of G.I. Joe in the middle of their stack of comic at the comic book store when the Sunbow series came out. Or Batman comic fans when the 60's show was on.

Cobra Commander #1
04-23-2006, 07:34 PM
in easier terms ANIME + ANTI TERRORIST GROUP = sucktastic

willie&joe
04-25-2006, 03:49 PM
I actually like to watch it. I don't think it's good, but I really don't think it's all that bad either. I think the stories are usually horrible, the characters are written badly and the art pretty much sucks. But I do like the action and it's fun to see GI joe on the small screen again even if it's not how it should be. I really don't expect it to be good. It's just a Saturday morning advertisment for some toys for kids.
Also, I would definately not call it anime. It's more like some butt-ugly wannabe anime. But not anime.

GI Jim
04-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Why they did this to GI Joe is beyond me? Looks like it was really bastardized.:mad:

The Buffalo Soldier
05-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I agree with those who think the Sigma Six cartoon is not very good. The whole thing with Tunnel Rat is particularly bad... the episodes I've seen which heavily feature his character are almost unwatchable.