Did Action Force Figures Use GI Joe weapons? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Did Action Force Figures Use GI Joe weapons?

Captain ManyNames
05-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Did they or did Palitoy mold their own or was it so much of each?

Buddusky
05-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey Cap.

I think Palitoy produced their own weapons for the Historical/First Series and then began to bring in G.I. Joe moulded weapons with Z-Force, S.A.S., Q-Force etc. before G.I. Joe only moulds with the Recondo, Airborne, Duke etc. Action Force.

andymort
05-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I've only really seen pictures, but it does look like they used moulds of GI Joe weapons for the Q Force, Z Force, etc. Those coloured weapons packs look like they have uzis like Steeler's, Cobra Officer AK-47s, Flash's rifle, even a JUMP backpack (anyone know if these have the pegs to fit into Joe figures' backs?)

All in vivid blue, red, yellow - they did garish accessories about 10 years before Hasbro!

Bigtattoo
05-03-2006, 01:53 PM
the historical stuff and the Z Force, SAS Force toys were ususally released withtheir unique weapons- Skip came with an SLR, Eagle and others an HK MP5, Quickfire a tommy gun, Stakeout a unique M60. There was also an SA80 (L85) released in red, usually with QForce.
However, there was one or two that had Hasbro accs. Leviathan came with the JUMP pack in a lovely shade of yellow(!) and Im sure Skyraider had the Joe uzi.
So, on the whole- while they did use some H moulds, the vast majority of their accs were unique to Palitoy.

Captain ManyNames
05-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Cheers guys.

I've often wondered about this. been meaning to buy one of weapon packs that sometimes appears on ebay.

Bigtattoo
05-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Cheers guys.

I've often wondered about this. been meaning to buy one of weapon packs that sometimes appears on ebay.
aaaarrr.
my plasure Cap'n.

antybots
05-04-2006, 02:49 AM
Actually, the JUMP pack was red and it did have the peg for the figures back. Hoerver the action force figures have no hole in their back so an elastic band was provided to secure the pack to the figure.

The Cobra Officer gun was used for the black major and the Q force sonar officer, flash's laser rifle and snake eyes's uzi were used for the space force patroller and Destro's pistol and gung-ho's grenade launcher were used in the space force weapons pack.

I can't think of anything else right now, but there may be more.