STAR BRIGADE ALIENS Wave 2 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : STAR BRIGADE ALIENS Wave 2

PrimeNYBT
05-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Does anyone have any more info on this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6053403770&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I won the auction. I would have stayed away from it but, since the seller was John Missal I bought it. I'm just wondering how rare these are?

This I Command!
05-04-2006, 08:42 PM
they are certainly not common, I think they are actually more rare than the price would suggest they just suffer from the plight of most of the post 91 figures, that people aren't in to Sci Fi/Neon. Add to that, they are 3 out of the only 5 non human figures in the line (if you don't count Blanka) and the odds are stacked against them. I personally find a greater thrill in the later half of the original run and love all the Star Brigade stuff, I think at some point though collector interest in that time period will pick up and you'll find those were a steal. Thats my 2 cents

The Faceless Master
05-04-2006, 08:46 PM
seller sounds familiar
i believe its a yojoe member

John Missal
05-04-2006, 11:38 PM
That's only the second set of them I'd ever seen, and those were never released. They had different color apps painted on for the Mexican release (although Carcass is VERY close if not the same). The fact that they are english cards with no stickers gives them away the most. I lost money selling them, as I paid $150 for the set, and that's what both sets I know of went for.

I've never seen the mexican ones though, except Predacon. I have seen a Mexican Ozone (same as US one).

John M.

PrimeNYBT
05-04-2006, 11:50 PM
I was posting on here to see if anyone else new anyting about it. I never heard of these before. If it wasn't you who was selling them, I never would have bought them, just because I never seen them before.

Can you give any more history as to were they came from?

John Missal
05-05-2006, 12:37 AM
I got them from a collector who got them from a collector who got them from either a vendor or Hasbro rep. These were vendor/production sample pieces.

John M.

Alec Trevelyan 006
05-05-2006, 03:25 AM
I had a set of these for quite some time. I sold them all about 3 years ago, and actually had a hard time selling them since the Joe market at alrge doesn't know much about foreign stuff.

ijustsneezed
07-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Did you still have them and would you want to trade/sell them.

Thanks

PrimeNYBT
07-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Yes I still have them, And a really don't want to sell them sorry.