Absolutely FREE - Final contest 3 - you pick [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Absolutely FREE - Final contest 3 - you pick

frozentundra
05-05-2006, 06:53 AM
This is the third and final contest while I'm parting with most of my collection. What would you like the contest three to be? Contest one for the Rattler was why should you win it. Contest two for the Slugger and MMS was take a pic with a figure. Contest three is ........ ?

Come up with a good idea and I'll start this one right away.

kadarle
05-05-2006, 08:19 AM
how about show a pic of your custom playset project...it might be finished or unfinished...must be related to gijoe...

CGC
05-05-2006, 09:58 AM
How about whoever offers the most interesting contest of their own? Not just potential contests, or contest ideas, but actual contests. Anybody who would want to enter this contest starts one of their own. Whichever of those seems most interesting to you is the winner.

overeasyeggs
05-05-2006, 11:10 AM
i think whoever can come up with the best gi joe rap should win.

frozentundra
05-05-2006, 11:51 AM
i think whoever can come up with the best gi joe rap should win.

This scares me. You've probably already got one ready to go.

I saw this one a while back -

http://www.mp3.com/g.i.-joe-killaz/artists/514377/summary.html

G.I. Joe Killaz is a trio of villainous rappers (Destro, the Baroness, and Cobra Commander) scheming to take over the world -- fictitiously, of course. Based on G.I. Joe, a dramatic Cold War-inspired children's cartoon show of the early '80s, the group's concept of depicting the show's villains as rappers is executed with much playfulness and craft. It helps, of course, that a talented producer with substantial clout, Tomas Jirku, lays down the techno-tinted beats. The result is unlike most anything else out there, the closest possible touchstone being perhaps Dr. Octagon and other Kool Keith/Dan the Automator-affiliated projects. G.I. Joe Killaz recordings have been self-released on Cobra Records, with most of the group's initial tracks compiled on its self-titled album. ~ Jason Birchmeier, All Music Guide

brain
05-05-2006, 12:39 PM
how bout a pic of you with your collection

frozentundra
05-05-2006, 01:12 PM
how bout a pic of you with your collection

Aren't you the guy who doesn't want his pic online? Why would you suggest something you don't want to do from the get go?

brain
05-05-2006, 01:27 PM
just suggestion.how bout just a pic of your collection then.

frozentundra
05-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Anybody live in or near Richmond, Virginia? If you've read my post in off topic, you'll know what I'm talking about. Contest three might be kind of hard for anyone not on the right coast.

Shogi
05-05-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm almost 4 hours away from there

kadarle
05-05-2006, 05:16 PM
how about a picture of your weardest collection...besides gijoe...

frozentundra
05-05-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm almost 4 hours away from there

That's right next door. I was thinking someone who lived there or was within 30 minutes.

overeasyeggs
05-05-2006, 10:25 PM
how about show a pic of your custom playset project...it might be finished or unfinished...must be related to gijoe...

i really like that idea....

that oooor... make an earthworks sculpture of your favorite Cobra-La team member (joke)

whatever the contest is, i think it should be something that anyone could participate in and actually have a shot at. just a suggestion.

but again, i totally second the custom playset project. could motivate some people to actually make one (me) and it would be rad. best custom figure and best custom vehicle would also be fun.

frozentundra
05-05-2006, 10:35 PM
i really like that idea....

that oooor... make an earthworks sculpture of your favorite Cobra-La team member (joke)

whatever the contest is, i think it should be something that anyone could participate in and actually have a shot at. just a suggestion.

but again, i totally second the custom playset project. could motivate some people to actually make one (me) and it would be rad. best custom figure and best custom vehicle would also be fun.

It's tough to have a contest that everyone can participate in. Other than the first one "why should you have it?"

overeasyeggs
05-05-2006, 11:27 PM
It's tough to have a contest that everyone can participate in. Other than the first one "why should you have it?"

what i mean is that contest like "whoever has the best collection" and things of that nature aren’t particularly fare, something like creating a custom though is more obtainable to everyone, paints not so expenses, and picking up some busted figs isn’t expensive at all... but having a MIB U.S.S. Flagg... that’s a little pricey....

but it’s your contest; do as you will with it.

i have a newly revised idea though.

create a custom specifically for this contest (show pictures of the fig before, and during, and of course when its done). and the fig should be a custom of yourself. so the final entry would be a pic of yourself, and a pic of the toy.... that would be fun.

Shogi
05-06-2006, 04:27 AM
create a custom specifically for this contest (show pictures of the fig before, and during, and of course when its done). and the fig should be a custom of yourself. so the final entry would be a pic of yourself, and a pic of the toy.... that would be fun.

I like that idea, it also makes me make a new custom of myself :)

Urban Saboteur
05-06-2006, 04:43 AM
I missed out on compo 2 because I was in the Hospital, I was going to get a pic of my NemesisEnforcer Figure lying on the hospital bed being treated by a nurse :D
However I wasn't to be released in time :(.

Still the third and final contest should be something we can all have a go at. Ryan you should consider what you would like to see from us? We have already seen the responses people will go to get a giveaway.

How about.. just a suggestion from the mutant mothman (me)?

Here goes competition would be to see who could submit the best original gi joe cartoon/short story/dio. If you aren't able to write none to good then maybe you could use a camera, photobucket and your figures to do a short dio. If you dont have a camera you could put down the episode here in under so many alloted/allowed words?
Rules etc wouldobviously be determined by you and the contest could throw up some interesting GIJOE mini series/episodes and would be fun to read everyones take on their own joe world?
N3M

frozentundra
05-06-2006, 07:15 AM
I missed out on compo 2 because I was in the Hospital, I was going to get a pic of my NemesisEnforcer Figure lying on the hospital bed being treated by a nurse :D
However I wasn't to be released in time :(.

Still the third and final contest should be something we can all have a go at. Ryan you should consider what you would like to see from us? We have already seen the responses people will go to get a giveaway.

How about.. just a suggestion from the mutant mothman (me)?

Here goes competition would be to see who could submit the best original gi joe cartoon/short story/dio. If you aren't able to write none to good then maybe you could use a camera, photobucket and your figures to do a short dio. If you dont have a camera you could put down the episode here in under so many alloted/allowed words?
Rules etc wouldobviously be determined by you and the contest could throw up some interesting GIJOE mini series/episodes and would be fun to read everyones take on their own joe world?
N3M

You must have been thinking about this. That's not a half bad idea. What would you limit the short story word limit to?

Urban Saboteur
05-06-2006, 10:39 AM
You must have been thinking about this. That's not a half bad idea. What would you limit the short story word limit to?

Yes. Well in short story comic book form for entries.. like those leaflets of the super trooper. Nothing to spectacular and long and drawn out. Then possibly like a cartoon strip. One episode..

As for the wording.. assuming you didnt have a camera the narative and speech would have to be greatly reduced. Not sure what this would be. Naratives for cartoons are fairly short. The speech and pictures take over what the reader/viewer is seeing.
This is soley down to you Ryan. I think if the entry is to be done in two parts. The narative for pictures dio format should be no more than 15-20 words.. as the narative as suggested is in cartoon format.. Briefing room, later that night etc.. The speech should be considerably more. The ones from the super trooper is about 60-80 words. Again most of the story is cartoon.
For written submissions the narative and speech would probably have to be doubled.. especially the narative. The narative would have to be more like 100-200 possibly even more.. as you have to describe the room they are in or the positions of the soldiers etc.
Just throwing the idea out there for you.
N3M

kadarle
05-06-2006, 01:12 PM
if you want a contest that everybody can join...how about taking a picture of yourself in your gijoe or cobra costume...

Chainsaw Viper
05-06-2006, 01:23 PM
I like the cartoon idea.

frozentundra
05-06-2006, 09:38 PM
What about this -

Anyone who can draw or use a paint program comes up with one page of a comic strip, without any words, by a certain day and posts it online. I would then randomly select everyone who has entered a comic to do the text for another comic by a second certain day. Both the artist/doodler and writer would win a prize.

Shogi
05-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Sounds crazy enough to be fun :)

zartan15
05-07-2006, 03:57 PM
I can't draw, don't have a paint program (other than paint) anyway, and I don't have a costume.

brain
05-07-2006, 04:02 PM
hmm how bout the person who makes the funniest dio.with joes

kadarle
05-07-2006, 05:40 PM
What about this -

Anyone who can draw or use a paint program comes up with one page of a comic strip, without any words, by a certain day and posts it online. I would then randomly select everyone who has entered a comic to do the text for another comic by a second certain day. Both the artist/doodler and writer would win a prize.

nice idea!!!! two people getting a free stuff...count me in!!!!!!:)

frozentundra
05-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Thoughts from anybody else?

CGC
05-08-2006, 04:45 PM
I think the comic idea is a good one...

Shogi
05-08-2006, 06:14 PM
I like the comic idea