collecting BTR figures [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : collecting BTR figures

dominic.18
05-08-2006, 01:35 PM
do you collect the built to rule figures? i like them but i dont like the vehicles.

ChemViper
05-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Ah, the joys of being a completist. I decided to pick up all the ones I could find. That second series has caused me problems. The figures are cool. I think the File Cards for Series 2 are funny as well.

wraith
05-08-2006, 02:19 PM
They are in my collection.They bug me to no ends ,but yes, they are there. Even army built with the Morays.(Hey I couldn't help it...they were on sale. ;))

CGC
05-08-2006, 02:20 PM
I've got a full set. I like them, but not as much as the regular figs. Besides Joes & SW, Lego's probably got the most play-time when I was a kid, so these were just too tough to resist.

The Faceless Master
05-08-2006, 03:14 PM
I bought a hollowpoint & wild weasel at BigLots
both for under $5~ I was hoping i could franken=joe em
but they are moulded weird

the vehicles my son has since played with & lost all the parts to them

willie&joe
05-08-2006, 03:25 PM
The Blowtorch fig is pretty cool. I like it better than the original. Firefly is good also.

cthulhu522
05-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I love the Firefly fig. It is one of my favorites. The Dark grey one anyway. As for the others, Some are ok, but I wouldn't probably go out of my way to buy them.

yo-man2
05-08-2006, 08:03 PM
blowtorch was good...only found one on sale cheap

morays got 10 or so...really cheap
got ollies share of shadow vipers too, their sweet and i have 3 avacs, super sweet

the rest i only have one of picked em up on clearance, i never found the outpost with duke though...

Patrick A. Riley
05-08-2006, 08:49 PM
No, but the AVAC fig from the limited release HQ is pretty nifty. Just wish it didn't have the bumps.

Speaking of bumps, was Blizzard (http://www.yojoe.com/action/88/blizzard.shtml) the first BTR figure? ;)

zartanspal
05-09-2006, 08:41 AM
I have both Series 1 and 2 in my collection still boxed. I liked the concept. Series 2 eluded me until a ton of them showed up at discount stores.

GIJoeCollector
05-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Yes, I collect them, but only if I find them on sale at someplace like BigLots. I'll usually pick up 2 of each; open one and leave the other sealed. The figures are alright, but reading this worried me if I should ever have to repair one:

I bought a hollowpoint & wild weasel at BigLots
both for under $5~ I was hoping i could franken=joe em
but they are moulded weird

Hopefully, I'll never need to repair any of the figures. :rolleyes:

Red Sox
05-09-2006, 10:43 AM
I do collect some of them, but only if I find them cheap. I've got Hollow Point, Barrel Roll, and Cobra Commander. The only one I actively looked for was CC because I collect all of his versions.

antybots
05-09-2006, 11:29 AM
I collect them too but only when I get them at discount. I use some of the vehicles alongside my other joe ones with no problem. Hasbro must have lost a fortune on these sets as everybody seems to have got them on clearance.

B.F.B
05-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Hasbro must have lost a fortune on these sets as everybody seems to have got them on clearance.

Good!

But then I would say that, I'm a real Lego builder.

gnawgahyde
05-09-2006, 01:13 PM
I have some displayed and some still boxed. A lot of the vehicles are kinda large. I kinda like the figures and see them becoming valuable down the line because a lot of collectors did not want them. My finding has been that clearance bin one year= high prices 5-10 years later.

MWG
05-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Hopefully, I'll never need to repair any of the figures. :rolleyes:

Well, at least with the Hollow Point I modded, I didn't have any problems getting the torso open. I combined the figures torso and head with the waist, legs/feet, arms from ST Recondo, and the figure works just fine. Just wish I could find the damn thing, wonder where I put it.....

+-MWG-+

grimace404
05-10-2006, 05:47 AM
Picked up Hollow Point since he's a new character. Trying to find the Fireflys to make as my new Street Vipers. The Firefly w/ red highlights would be the squad commander.

snakeeyes1974
06-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Found this thread back on page 14 and was wondering if anybody has changed their mind on these? I have quite of few of them and looking for the ones I don't have. If anyone has some to part with any of these the Hiss tank, sledge hammer, grizzly, rapid runner, night prowler, and venom striker. I'm only looking for complete sets thanks.

Cobra-Loyalist
06-03-2009, 12:24 AM
um.. i voted: nay ;)

Don't like 'em....! :D

- CL :)

Propaedeutic
06-03-2009, 01:06 AM
I have them, and I actually ended up with a few extra 2004s since the last couple were part of a lot.

The Headquarters Attack is actually a very nice-looking set. Pity it's so overpriced due to its rarity. I also like the cycle that came with the Freedom Defense Outpost (better than the Outpost itself, anyway).

dominic.18
06-03-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm still missing a few of them. blowtorch, AVAC, flint, hi-tech, and duke v2

John Missal
06-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I never bought one, but as a completionist, I would consider them part of the 3-3/4 collection.

John M>

Kronz
06-03-2009, 04:30 PM
I never heard of them until long after they had been cancelled but I find the concept interesting. Hasbro probably saw the success of Lego Star Wars and wanted to somehow compete. It wouldn't make sense for Lego to license the Joe characters and vehicles since Joes are much more of a niche than Star Wars but I would have bought real Lego Joe product for sure. I would only buy BTR if it fell in my lap cheap. I've always snubbed all Lego-compatible knock-offs, even if they're name brands. Imagine how cool a 500pc Lego WHALE could be. I would be happy to get mini-figs of all the Joes too. Oh to dream. I just don't think Joes are worldly enough to ever be Lego'd.

Pit Viper
06-10-2009, 08:29 AM
I took the head off Hollow Point and put it on a Spy Troops Recondo to make a Rock 'n Roll figure. It was obvious that his head was based on Rock n' Roll's Devil's Due look. People were certain back then that Hasbro would reuse it for a Rock 'n Roll figure but they never did.